X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
    d: cheese and fruit
    Woah, slow down there.

That's only how it reads when I'm in LA... From tomorrow on it will return to being much less complicated..

I have to say though, there was something ridiculously magical about the sashimi - grapefruit combination...
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
      Woah, slow down there.

That's only how it reads when I'm in LA... From tomorrow on it will return to being much less complicated..

I have to say though, there was something ridiculously magical about the sashimi - grapefruit combination...
      you're like a culinary wizard, i'm in awe

the only things I can make are abominations, by combining things no one thinks of, then they come alive, like my oatmeal experiment
      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
        you're like a culinary wizard, i'm in awe

the only things I can make are abominations, by combining things no one thinks of, then they come alive, like my oatmeal experiment
        You create the real Frankenfoods...

Unfortunately that combo was the genius of a Beverly Hills chef, not I. But I do tend towards unordinary concoctions, like the jalapeno blackberry sheep's milk yoghurt I made for my lamb yesterday. That was fucking amazing. I used to love to create interesting flavors in the kitchen all the time, but all the negativity I've felt around food for the last couple of years has beat that passion out of me. At least for the time being.

Comment

• 6 pages in one night, get a life guis, jeeze.

And im 5'11 if anyone was confused by YB's posts, i sure was.

When is everyone meeting up in Cali? I wanna hear all about it. Om, take pics!

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
            6 pages in one night, get a life guis, jeeze.

And im 5'11 if anyone was confused by YB's posts, i sure was.

Lol, wasn't talking about you in that instance: we were talking about a certain someone who Derp was arguing with on the Men Lifting thread.

Yogi and the Bat are meeting up between June 20th - 23rd! Derp is stuck in the Valley but will visit us using astral projecting.

Welcome back!
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

6 pages in one night, get a life guis, jeeze.
              'Tis this damn MDA app I put on my phone when I went to NY. The thing buzzes and dings every time I've been quoted in a thread and I cannot help but reply immediately D: Hehe. Your life of pizza is pretty envious though.

Yogi and the Bat are meeting up between June 20th - 23rd! Derp is stuck in the Valley but will visit us using astral projecting.
              There was almost a Derp and Bat meetup but he was all, "I'm too busy brooding," or whatever. Whatever, Derp. It's not like I was sitting there in the wake of such a brutal rejection, sobbing, wondering why it is I wasn't good enough for you. (If it's my personality, my body, my hair, or my weird foot fungus, I can change all of that. I can! Please love me.)

We are going to take lots of pictures. Most of them might be of sushi. Of us eating sushi.

Comment

• Well northern MN isnt exactly LA but if anyone is in my neck of the woods, im down for a meetup! Although i would love to travel to cali, Washington and England, so yea ill just make that happen.

Awww, you and Yogi are gunna fall in love. Is same sex marriage legal in WA? That could be the answer to Yogi's problem.

Comment

Well northern MN isnt exactly LA but if anyone is in my neck of the woods, im down for a meetup! Although i would love to travel to cali, Washington and England, so yea ill just make that happen.
                  We'll all be in our respective locations waiting for you

Awww, you and Yogi are gunna fall in love. Is same sex marriage legal in WA? That could be the answer to Yogi's problem.
                  We were all so captivated by the legalization of marijuana that I doubt if anyone's paid attention to little else. Kidding, yes it is legal.

How 'bout it, Yoges? If neither of us has found a man in 15 years, we should tie the knot. I'm just warning you now, I will not ever remember to put the toilet seat down and we are not going to your mother's for Easter.

Comment

• Left on a jet plane. Never coming back again.

Thursday, May 30

Sleep/Energy:
                    - Slept 12-6:45. Stupid. Body.
                    - What do you think? (Sorry, I'm bitchy when I'm tired)

Food/Digestion:
                    - B: Carton of yoghurt + 1 mango + drizzle of maple syrup + sea salt
                    - S: Strawberry gelatin cubes, bit of smoked salmon
                    - L: smoked salmon, way too many plantain chips (palm oil).
                    - D: can of tuna + 3 eggs (coconut oil), ~1 cup coconut milk ice cream (couldn't stop!) + drizzle of maple syrup and sea salt

- Bloat was there right out of the gate this morning and only got worse with breakfast. By evening thought it's not too terrible.
                    - Loose BM's throughout the morning

Thoughts:
                    Clearly my stomach was not happy with my dietary decisions yesterday. I wonder if I was so hungry today because I didn't do much absorbing of what I ate yesterday (evidenced by how my bowels were behaving this morning)?

Supps:
                    - Mg (200mg) Finally lowering the dose.
                    - Maybe some cannabis oil tonight? We'll see.
                    - Going to take noopept back up again tomorrow.

Acne:
                    Looking a little bumpy and raw. Been doing the honey, tea tree oil, plenty of coconut oil to keep hydrated. It'll sort itself out.

Exercise:
                    - No.

Shared tobacco (Nat Sherman, no additives) with my housemate on our back porch while I watched her rip out the weeds that are trying to overtake it. Eying the herb box, wondering when I'll get around to weeding and planting it. Maybe next weekend. Anyway, It's good to be back.

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
                      'Tis this damn MDA app I put on my phone when I went to NY. The thing buzzes and dings every time I've been quoted in a thread and I cannot help but reply immediately D:
                      Are you serious - the app does that?! Way to rid us of any remainder of life that we had... who needs real people or friends anyway?

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                      Well northern MN isnt exactly LA but if anyone is in my neck of the woods, im down for a meetup! Although i would love to travel to cali, Washington and England, so yea ill just make that happen.

Well, if you can't make it to Cali for the 20th, just ask Derp on how he uses Out of Body experiences to fulfil social obligations. We'll be waiting for you!

And, perfect as that would be, I've already pimped Ombat out to my younger brother...

Originally posted by ombat View Post
                      How 'bout it, Yoges? If neither of us has found a man in 15 years, we should tie the knot. I'm just warning you now, I will not ever remember to put the toilet seat down and we are not going to your mother's for Easter.
                      Don't scare me: in 15 years I'll be 46! By then I'll have reversed my infertility and be on the way towards menopause.

Thoughts:
                      Clearly my stomach was not happy with my dietary decisions yesterday. I wonder if I was so hungry today because I didn't do much absorbing of what I ate yesterday (evidenced by how my bowels were behaving this morning)?
                      That's interesting: you think hunger could be from malabsorption? I always assume now it's hormonal / down to activity level / balancing act of how much has been consumed over the last few days. But it could be due to metabolism: not utilising as much of the food = increased need for food.
                      Last edited by YogaBare; 05-30-2013, 11:08 PM.
                      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                        Are you serious - the app does that?! Way to rid us of any remainder of life that we had... who needs real people or friends anyway?
                        I just turned the notifications off. It was useful when I didn't have a computer, but now it's just unnecessary.
                        And, perfect as that would be, I've already pimped Ombat out to my younger brother...
                        Oh right. When should I be expecting him in the mail?

Don't scare me: in 15 years I'll be 46! By then I'll have reversed my infertility and be on the way towards menopause.
                        Just in the nick of time!

That's interesting: you think hunger could be from malabsorption? I always assume now it's hormonal / down to activity level / balancing act of how much has been consumed over the last few days. But it could be due to metabolism: not utilising as much of the food = increased need for food.
                        I'm sure it's due to all of those things, but that's how I explained the binging issues that popped up out of nowhere my freshman year when, for the first time in my life, I was eating wheat / grains for every meal of the day and it turned out I was allergic / intolerant.

Comment

• So, I'm not trying to steal the neurosis spotlight from any one, but maybe it would make everyone feel better to know that I am slightly insane and extremely vain. In my state of moderate intoxication last night, I was flipping (browsing?) through old photos and came to the conclusion that I looked a lot better on SAD and became a little upset by it. I know I know I know a) your body changes when you become older and b) Although I like how I looked, I felt like shit. I should place a greater priority on feeling better than being thin. And I do, but for some reason I'm having a difficult time at this exact moment. So, having nothing better to do, I made this: And I wasn't even going to share it, but for some reason I've changed my mind.

body timeline.jpg

1. 13 yrs old - Naturally tiny child.
                          2. 14 yrs old - Developing, still tiny
                          3. 16 yrs old - Developed. still tiny.
                          4. 18 yrs old - Still going strong on that tiny thing.
                          5. 19 yrs old - Just spent 9 months in gluten-topia (aka freshman year of college) and developing a non body image related binging problem. Definitely could have turned out worse.
                          6. 2 months later / 2 months off of gluten - back to being tiny.
                          7. 2 months after that aka 2 months after the infection aka 2 months of me being deathly ill - on my way to becoming emaciated from being terrified of food. Sustaining on mostly Bob's Red Mill corn/rice cereal, almond butter, and vegetables.
                          8. 20 yrs old - eating many more things, still dealing with intolerance issues, but back to being normal tiny instead of scary tiny
                          9. 21 yrs old (early March 2013)- 7 months after starting paleo. Normal.
                          10. 1.5 months later (late April 2013) - after "eating a ton" (of "paleo" foods). Chubs. Chubbier than when I was at #5 eating pizza and pasta for 9 months straight.
                          11. 21 yrs old (last weekend) - slowly getting back to normal? (but this time with bigger boobs). Still not completely fond of my body. Perhaps I was just attached to my old one.

I think the problem I'm having with my body image is that I never gave a second thought to food until a little over 2 years ago and that's when everything started roller coaster-ing. And I'm exaggerating but that's how it seemed to me. It was never about how my body looked - it was about my health and how I felt - but I won't lie and say that I never think about or notice it.

AND I am still so fed up with dealing with food. Cooking used to be such a passion of mine and now I don't even want to bake the piece of salmon I have in my fridge which would take a whopping 5 minutes of prep on my part and culminate with throwing a piece of parchment paper in the trash.

These past couple of years have really done a number on me. This probably seems asinine to you all because I'm so young and have had almost nothing else to worry about in my life. I don't know, I guess I just wanted to show that I'm vulnerable to this shit too.

*wonders if she'll delete this post in 10 seconds*

Comment

• Firstly, I want to say that you're gorgeous! Such a beautiful face, great hair, and a lovely smile Secondly, honestly: I don't notice much difference in your body between any of the pics. No. 10 is the only one that stands out, but you've stopped binging since doing EAT and you're shedding the weight rapidly.

On all the other stuff: needless to say, I hear you! However, I have a really strong feeling that you're going to revert back to your normal setting (not caring about body image) a lot quicker than you think. You're naturally thin, and you grew up never fighting your weight: that's what's embedded in you. Think of this other stuff as a virus that your system got clogged with: you're gradually weeding it out, and once that happens, you go back to baseline.

My virus has been digging into me for 13 years, but I honestly feel that it's rapidly dying off, and I'm gravitating towards a space where I am no longer insane when it comes to food. I never gave a toss about food til I was 16/17, and I was always thin. Not quite there yet, but it will come.

Oh, and fwiw: I love cooking too, but I go through long periods where I couldn't be bothered. A good few of my friends are like that too. It's a huge chunk of time to spend on doing something.

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Thank you Yoyo -hugs- You smooth talker, you.

I like your virus metaphor and I agree that you're weeding yours out. Your journal has been a testament to that and it's really lovely to see.

I also think that I get into these head spaces when I've nothing else to occupy my mind. I'm obsessive, so if I'm not being obsessive about something else, I'm being obsessive about myself. Hopefully I'll have a lot on my hands this summer to distract me, but I'm already freaking out about my food situation. I'm going to be living with my cousin Sunday-Wednesday. He and his wife eat paleo (thank the heavens) and they know and are very supportive about my issues but I'm still anxious for some completely absurd reason. I think my anxiety about that blossomed into anxiety about everything and here we are today.

About cooking, I've always gone through cycles but I've never been adverse about being in the kitchen like I am now. I know it will pass, eventually...

EDIT: It's difficult to tell by the picture, but I was - 7 or 8 lb between #6 and #7 and then +7 or 8 lb between #7 and #8.
                              As for #10, it doesn't help that 2 people actually called me chubby. To my face. Haha. I thought it was funny at the time but now I don't (opposite reaction than one might expect, but I'm cool like that).
                              Last edited by ombat; 05-31-2013, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• +1 on you being gorgeous! We are our own worst critics. I don't notice much difference at all in your pictures. The last one you look very healthy and beautiful... and maybe I'm reading into it but you also look more mature. Maybe it's because you are dressed up or maybe I'm picking up on a more mature mental state you are in now.

I've been really harsh on myself recently and have realized I have lost my confidence. It's all based on my looks. I'm up 8lbs from one year ago... some is muscle though from lifting heavy. I'm not comfortable in my own skin bc I don't look like I did a year ago. Sometimes I feel like those around me are looking at me thinking, "she's gotten big, she's not hot like she used to be." etc, etc. But now seeing your pictures, I can see I'm being as silly as my friends and family have been telling me I'm being. The truth is, most people don't notice the things about ourselves that we do. If my jeans are a little tighter or looser from one week to the next then I'm probably the only one that notices.

I hope what I've written has come across in the right way. I mean it to compliment and encourage you! Thanks for sharing your pictures!

Comment

Working...
                                X