X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
    Can I be your wacky, younger cousin?
    Yeah, that spot isn't taken!

In this part of the world though, people get annoyed with Americans cos' English is THEIR language. How dare you correct us (or think you can improve upon the spelling!!) Funny story: one time I got a taxi, and the cabbie started complaining about Americans. He said that the worst thing about them was "The bastardisation of the English language". He then proceeded to use the example of how you guys mispronounce "Basil" and "Oregano". I had to point out to him that those are Latin words.

You do! A lot of people have soft spots for you. I like Rich too, but he's forceful sometimes, and I get protective
    Bahaha, that's funny. That annoys me too, believe me, I've met a few people who have done that to me. Being born in California, and lived here all my life, I have that drawl, and pronounce things in the weirdest way to people. I also sound permanently stoned.

I'm double blushing here
    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
      Oooooh - this is exciting!!! He's better in reality too (I think).

Well, first we have to come up with some story about how we know each other... my bro would never understand how I could pimp him out to someone who I primarily know as "Ombat". Pity we can't say I met you when I was living in San Diego. You would have been ten then..!
      You, um... babysat me?

For all you know I'm a middle aged man. I stole those pics of me off 4chan.

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Yeah, that spot isn't taken!

Bahaha, that's funny. That annoys me too, believe me, I've met a few people who have done that to me. Being born in California, and lived here all my life, I have that drawl, and pronounce things in the weirdest way to people. I also sound permanently stoned.

I'm double blushing here
      I hate hate, hate, hate, am completely disgusted by, and hate my SoCal accent. I've worked to get rid of it.
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

I hate hate, hate, hate, am completely disgusted by, and hate my SoCal accent. I've worked to get rid of it.
        Never going to happen, believe me it'll come back with one conversation with me and all my man's and dude's. Best to just embrace it. I've heard French women find it irrestable.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          Never going to happen, believe me it'll come back with one conversation with me and all my man's and dude's. Best to just embrace it. I've heard French women find it irrestable.
          I just need to find myself a French woman?

Accents are funny. It is definitely affected by who I am around. One convo with my sister and all of a sudden I'm over-enunciating all of my words. I have a lot of friends from Hawaii and I'll end up with an accent when I spend extended time with them... I'm an accent chameleon.

Comment

I just need to find myself a French woman?

Accents are funny. It is definitely affected by who I am around. One convo with my sister and all of a sudden I'm over-enunciating all of my words. I have a lot of friends from Hawaii and I'll end up with an accent when I spend extended time with them... I'm an accent chameleon.
            Yep.

I never do that though I'm always the same monotone voice. I don't even take slangs from people, it's weird, but I know of many people who are like you.
            Last edited by Derpamix; 05-29-2013, 04:41 PM. Reason: added the I back
            Make America Great Again

Comment

You, um... babysat me?

For all you know I'm a middle aged man. I stole those pics of me off 4chan.
              haha! We may have to arrange for you guys to just walk into each other at the newspaper stand or something. Then we can all go for raw fish (no bloating induced). It would be SO romantic! (Do you have the right guy btw - the one in the grey jumper? SORRY - "sweater"?)

Phew, well at least there's more than one of us lying. Derp is actually an obese teenage girl...

I'm double blushing here
              lol, good thing I didn't jump in on the thread so!

Oh, and re. accents: since I was able to talk I've had an American twang. People thought I was a Yankie kid. True story.
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

haha! We may have to arrange for you guys to just walk into each other at the newspaper stand or something. Then we can all go for raw fish (no bloating induced). It would be SO romantic! (Do you have the right guy btw - the one in the grey jumper? SORRY - "sweater"?)

Phew, well at least there's more than one of us lying. Derp is actually an obese teenage girl...
                I'm actually Zach who is actually Ayla who is actually Jesus

lol, good thing I didn't jump in on the thread so!
                aw, come on, do it!
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                  I'm actually Zach who is actually Ayla who is actually Jesus

aw, come on, do it!
                  Bahahanaaha! Maybe that's why someone told Zach he needed to lose 20 lbs... I've been looking at the wrong pic all along!

It would involve hitting him where it hurts (his height) and I'm better off going to bed than destroying a man
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

A cute guy AND raw fish? Best day of my life.

Yes! The one who looks like he might be Irish

Shhhh, I thought we agreed we wouldn't tell that we knew!

Oh, and re. accents: since I was able to talk I've had an American twang. People thought I was a Yankie kid. True story.
                    That's bizarre! Well my sister has a valley girl accent and we did not grow up in the valley! I want to kill her -_-'

Maybe that's why someone told Zach he needed to lose 20 lbs...
                    Was I the only one scratching my head?

Comment

Bahahanaaha! Maybe that's why someone told Zach he needed to lose 20 lbs... I've been looking at the wrong pic all along!

It would involve hitting him where it hurts (his height) and I'm better off going to bed than destroying a man
                      LOL what!? Zach is lean as a mofo.

He's short? Didn't know that. Short people can gain muscles easily, where is the accomplishment in that? Lot more difficult for a 6'3 hyperthyroid guy
                      Make America Great Again

Comment

• Achem, self-induced hyperthyroid..

Yes, when Zach posted his pic in his thread. I don't remember who it was and I'm too lazy to go back and figure it out.

I have felt his absence recently, by the way...

Comment

Was I the only one scratching my head?
                          Possibly. I was the only one asking the guy if he had an eating disorder... EDIT: it's only back two pages or something.

LOL what!? Zach is lean as a mofo.

He's short? Didn't know that. Short people can gain muscles easily, where is the accomplishment in that? Lot more difficult for a 6'3 hyperthyroid guy
                          He's 5'6 or something. So I meant it when i said "little man complex" I was so tempted to jump in on the attraction comments and ask if women didnt generally go for tall men? But I can't do it. Although if he happens to lurk in here it will be just as bad... Sorry in advance Rich!!!

- Ray Peat

Comment

Achem, self-induced hyperthyroid..
                            Well, when I was on a SAD diet I was actually hyperthyroid too :3

It was more like self-induced catabolic hypothyroid from low carb
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by yogabare View Post
                              possibly. I was the only one asking the guy if he had an eating disorder... Edit: It's only back two pages or something.

He's 5'6 or something. So i meant it when i said "little man complex" i was so tempted to jump in on the attraction comments and ask if women didnt generally go for tall men? but i can't do it. Although if he happens to lurk in here it will be just as bad... Sorry in advance rich!!!
                              ooooooooo
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by YB
                                Although if he happens to lurk in here...
                                I highly doubt it. I know a lot of guys on the shorter side who have no problem getting women.

Well, when I was on a SAD diet I was actually hyperthyroid too :3

It was more like self-induced catabolic hypothyroid from low carb
                                I thought you take t3?

Comment

Working...
                                X