No announcement yet.

Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sure the responses will be along the lines of "eat moar fat and for-the-love-of-god-why-are-you-eating-carbs?" But there are some really helpful, informed people on here who I'm hoping will chime in.

Re. your exhaustion - sounds like it was triggered by all the activity of the last week? Wedding, travel and whatnot. That level of busyness usually makes me crash.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Well then I can respond along the lines of "well I put nothing in my mouth hole but meat, fats, and spinach for 4 months and was still bloated"

I think you're right. Plus I tend to find the perfect storm of factors to exacerbate a situation. I think my body is working overtime with the cultures in the yogurt + trying to deal with allergies, so yeah, it sucks.

Speaking of which, I'm going to bed. Have a lovely day, Yogi!
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
        Have a lovely day, Yogi!
        Aww, Yogi is what my lil bro calls me

Speaking of which - he's your age... and single! Let me introduce you guys - we could become sisters!

And yes, I did just pimp out my life blood to a stranger on the internet. And I also pimped out my internet sister to my brother. My reality is sordid.

Last edited by YogaBare; 05-29-2013, 03:40 AM.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

Where do you get Cytomel anyway? From the way you guys talk about it and things like thyroid armour I presumed they were all avail over the counter...
          My free t3 was 1.3. I had to drive 2 hours to find a doc that would prescribe a NDT like Armour to me. Most doctors usually don't like prescribing it. From the way Ray Peat, Danny Roddy, Derpamix and Zach talk, you would think it over the counter.

From what I've read, sometimes body builders will use it to lean out. I'm guessing you can order it online. Please fill us in Derpamix.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            Aww, Yogi is what my lil bro calls me

Speaking of which - he's your age... and single! Let me introduce you guys - we could become sisters!

And yes, I did just pimp out my life blood to a stranger on the internet. And I also pimped out my internet sister to my brother. My reality is sordid.

Sweet deal! One mail order husband, coming right up. Do you do FedEx?

Originally posted by brookesam
            From the way Ray Peat, Danny Roddy, Derpamix and Zach talk, you would think it over the counter.
            I'm pretty convinced they're all involved in some black market operations.

Comment

Aren't many of the foods in this diet progesterone promoting? What form of progesterone do you suggest? Creams?
              Creams yes. It is, depends on how much you smoke and how much coffee you consume.

Regarding t3:

Buy Cytomel ,Overcomes Thyroid Disorders, Prevents Goiters - Cytomel-My Mexican Drug Store

They take a while to ship btw, it took about 2 weeks to get mine.
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Sweet deal! One mail order husband, coming right up. Do you do FedEx?
                You think I'm joking - he's going to be in SF at the same time as me!

Originally posted by brookesam View Post
                My free t3 was 1.3. I had to drive 2 hours to find a doc that would prescribe a NDT like Armour to me. Most doctors usually don't like prescribing it. From the way Ray Peat, Danny Roddy, Derpamix and Zach talk, you would think it over the counter.

From what I've read, sometimes body builders will use it to lean out. I'm guessing you can order it online. Please fill us in Derpamix.
                I'm pretty convinced they're all involved in some black market operations.
                Just once I wish we could have a conversation on MDA without crime and drug references...

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                  Creams yes. It is, depends on how much you smoke and how much coffee you consume.
                  In a... positive way?

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  You think I'm joking - he's going to be in SF at the same time as me!
                  Oh heeeey, I guess I'll try to look presentable then.

Just once I wish we could have a conversation on MDA without crime and drug references...
                  Then find yourself a new forum!

I cannot see "MDA" without thinking of drugs...

Comment

• Of course in a positive way, this is me we're talking about here.
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

Then find yourself a new forum!

I cannot see "MDA" without thinking of drugs...
                      MDA reminds me of MDMA

Comment

Regarding t3:

Buy Cytomel ,Overcomes Thyroid Disorders, Prevents Goiters - Cytomel-My Mexican Drug Store

They take a while to ship btw, it took about 2 weeks to get mine.
                        Good to know in case at some point I have a hard time with my doc prescribing me Nature throid.

Comment

Of course in a positive way, this is me we're talking about here.
                          I knew it was a stupid question... I've been having bits of coffee here and there and man... that stuff is good. I don't want to spend a fortune to make it an everyday habit, though, and I'm positive my roommate will kill me in my sleep if I purchase another kitchen gadget.

brookesam, MDA is a drug

Comment

I knew it was a stupid question... I've been having bits of coffee here and there and man... that stuff is good. I don't want to spend a fortune to make it an everyday habit, though, and I'm positive my roommate will kill me in my sleep if I purchase another kitchen gadget.

brookesam, MDA is a drug
                            I just buy organic instant coffee, all you need is hot water. Or, you can make it campfire style like they did in the old days. Good stuff that is.
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

I just buy organic instant coffee, all you need is hot water. Or, you can make it campfire style like they did in the old days. Good stuff that is.
                              I did not think of that... I'll look for it when I get back.

Comment

Oh heeeey, I guess I'll try to look presentable then.
                                Lol - will I send you a pic?! He's a great guy, if-I-do-say-so-myself. Really smart, funny, laid back, caring. I won't say good looking cos' there's no accounting for taste

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X