Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
    How did you feel before you started taking t3? Did you notice that you were cold, bloated, had low blood pressure?

My temperature has actually been great recently. No cold extremities for the first time in my life. I still have low blood pressure, however, and of course the bloating and fatigue *she says, drooling over her keyboard*

What about other shellfish such as mussels, clams, prawns, etc.? Or is there something special about oysters?

Also, your signatures are always beguiling, but your new one might be my favorite of all.
    Well, I don't think there is a correlation between specific blood pressure and hypothyroidism, as there is indication that hypothyroidism can cause high blood pressure too, presumably from high stress hormones.

I was cold, coming off VLC diet, pretty much about to die. My metabolism and health were shot.

Those are fine too, oysters just have a significantly high mineral count(and I think they taste better)

Your diet could be helping you move the t3 which is good. How's your heart rate?

:3 Thanks. I like that word too, beguiling.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      Well, I don't think there is a correlation between specific blood pressure and hypothyroidism, as there is indication that hypothyroidism can cause high blood pressure too, presumably from high stress hormones.

I was cold, coming off VLC diet, pretty much about to die. My metabolism and health were shot.

Those are fine too, oysters just have a significantly high mineral count(and I think they taste better)

Your diet could be helping you move the t3 which is good. How's your heart rate?

:3 Thanks. I like that word too, beguiling.
      What a coincidence, I too did not feel so well VLC...

I've calculated my heart rate many times out of boredom. Almost always 80 bpm resting, but often I feel like it's pounding in my chest.

My creative writing prof. was very fond of scrawling that word all over my pieces.
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

What a coincidence, I too did not feel so well VLC...

I've calculated my heart rate many times out of boredom. Almost always 80 bpm resting, but often I feel like it's pounding in my chest.

My creative writing prof. was very fond of scrawling that word all over my pieces.
        I wonder what it means!

That's a good sign, as long as there is no discomfort. Good temperature and heart rate are signs of good thyroid health. I'm sitting at 99.3 right now and 90 resting heart rate, with no discomfort.

Maybe all you need is more protein.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

I wonder what it means!

That's a good sign, as long as there is no discomfort. Good temperature and heart rate are signs of good thyroid health. I'm sitting at 99.3 right now and 90 resting heart rate, with no discomfort.

Maybe all you need is more protein.
          Actually I felt like a goddamn superhero for about a month. I was probably shooting adrenaline out of my ears.

That's great... why am I still bloated? FUCK. I still don't know what you consider target protein, not that I'm counting anything that goes in my mouth.

Comment

Actually I felt like a goddamn superhero for about a month. I was probably shooting adrenaline out of my ears.

That's great... why am I still bloated? FUCK. I still don't know what you consider target protein, not that I'm counting anything that goes in my mouth.
            Just eat as much of those above foods as you can for a bit. Protein helps filter out endotoxins. Oh, and maybe progesterone could help.

Have you tried smoking more?
            Make America Great Again

Comment

Ombat, Are you bloated all day or just in the evenings? I tend to get bloated anywhere from mid afternoon to after dinner. I just thought it was normal. but it sucks...

Comment

Just eat as much of those above foods as you can for a bit. Protein helps filter out endotoxins. Oh, and maybe progesterone could help.

Have you tried smoking more?
                I already have low estrogen. Would creating a greater imbalance be unwise?

I haven't been recently, but I have a massive bottle of oil at home that I plan to utilize regularly throughout the summer.

Originally posted by brookesam View Post
                Ombat, Are you bloated all day or just in the evenings? I tend to get bloated anywhere from mid afternoon to after dinner. I just thought it was normal. but it sucks...
                Hi! It gets worse throughout the day. Sometimes I can stave it off until evening, sometimes it occurs right at breakfast and just gets worse. Yes, it seems to happen to quite a few.

Comment

I already have low estrogen. Would creating a greater imbalance be unwise?

I haven't been recently, but I have a massive bottle of oil at home that I plan to utilize regularly throughout the summer.
                  Check this out

Aging, estrogen, and progesterone
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

• Dr Derp

Comment

• Aren't many of the foods in this diet progesterone promoting? What form of progesterone do you suggest? Creams?

Comment

I really think t3 would help with the bloating. And more protein. I really think that's the looks of a stressed digestive tract.
                        I think you're right: there's no way it could just be hormonal...

Although as soon as I typed that I realised you're suggesting taking hormones to help it! My hormonal issue is low progesterone/high oestrogen. I'm starting my prog med today. I figure that will prob help my t3?

Where do you get Cytomel anyway? From the way you guys talk about it and things like thyroid armour I presumed they were all avail over the counter...

Originally posted by ombat View Post

I haven't been recently, but I have a massive bottle of oil at home that I plan to utilize regularly throughout the summer
                        Is it at least poss to buy hemp oil over the counter? I'm pretty good at pretending to have arthritis, if needs be.

btw - that distention yesterday was after a 18 hour fast, and one medium-sized meal. So definitely not due to quantity.
                        Last edited by YogaBare; 05-28-2013, 10:34 PM.
                        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Tuesday, May 28

Sleep/Energy
                          - I don't know to I don't remember.
                          - Almost fell back asleep midmorning. Did fall asleep in the afternoon but the phone kept ringingÖ I can't take this exhaustion any more.

Food/Digestion
                          - B: ~1/2 carton yogurt + 1 mango + drizzle maple syrup; strawberry gelatin cubes
                          - L: Salvadorian: carnitas in tomatillo salsa, fried plantains, a little rice. This was my "I don't give an F about PUFAs" meal for the month. Honestly though I sincerely miss pork
                          - D:small grilled lamb chop, sheep's milk yogurt + jalapeno blackberry jam, bit of watermelon
                          - S: couple spoonfuls of coconut ice cream, 1 chocolate chip pumpkin cookie. Wasn't hungry but I had a friend over and was sharing with him.

- Bloat and BMs are getting better. I didn't eat very much today which is probably why the bloat wasn't terrible. I just wasn't hungry or interested in food.

Supps
                          - no gelatin in the AM
                          - magnesium (400mg)

Exercise:
                          Just too tired to do anything, but I tried.
                          - 1/2 of the 9 minute cardio workout orz
                          - different body weight exercises when I had the energy

More Food Triumphs
                          Like I mentioned earlier to YB, I left food on my plate today. At a restaurant. At one of my favorite restaurants. But it didn't stop there. I wasn't hungry yet when my mom made dinner so I didn't eat. Often I am not hungry by the time my mom makes dinner, but then I smell it and all of a sudden, like magic, I'm hungry. But not today. I even sat next to her while she ate, the smell of freshly grilled lamb wafting across the table and still I was not hungry! I even took a lick of her sheep's milk yogurt / jalapeno jelly mix and it did not trigger my appetite. Eventually I ate a very small dinner and wasn't even remotely interested in entertaining the idea of seconds. IS THIS A DREAM?

Comment

More Food Triumphs
                            Like I mentioned earlier to YB, I left food on my plate today. At a restaurant. At one of my favorite restaurants. But it didn't stop there. I wasn't hungry yet when my mom made dinner so I didn't eat. Often I am not hungry by the time my mom makes dinner, but then I smell it and all of a sudden, like magic, I'm hungry. But not today. I even sat next to her while she ate, the smell of freshly grilled lamb wafting across the table and still I was not hungry! I even took a lick of her sheep's milk yogurt / jalapeno jelly mix and it did not trigger my appetite. Eventually I ate a very small dinner and wasn't even remotely interested in entertaining the idea of seconds. IS THIS A DREAM?
                            We're in sync yet again Batman my dear... I wasn't hungry yesterday either! Actually ended up fasting til 5.30pm - very strange for me. Though it was mostly because my bloating was so uncomfortable I couldn't face the thought of putting my food into my belly.

I'm going to make a bloating thread and see if any interesting info comes up.
                            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                              Is it at least poss to buy hemp oil over the counter? I'm pretty good at pretending to have arthritis, if needs be.
                              Well marijuana is now legal in Washington, technically, but I don't think it's really possible to get anything without a medical card yet. I really don't pay attention so I don't know what the deal is. I go the oil as a gift

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                                We're in sync yet again Batman my dear... I wasn't hungry yesterday either! Actually ended up fasting til 5.30pm - very strange for me. Though it was mostly because my bloating was so uncomfortable I couldn't face the thought of putting my food into my belly.

I'm going to make a bloating thread and see if any interesting info comes up.
                                When we meet, do you think our bodies will just morph into one?

Good luck! I've seen em all...

EDIT: I will feel dumb if something useful comes out of it. lulz.

Comment

Working...
                                X