No announcement yet.

Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you want to hear something sick, I would rather people think I was pregnant than think I just looked like this.

Oh yeah, we could get people pretty riled up with our hot, bloated bodies. Do it, baby.

EDIT: this forum is odd. I ended up re composing the bottom pic but it posted them both anyway. Whatever.
    Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013, 03:29 PM.
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Oh hey, i just looked again and realized that your breakfast was almost entirely liquid and was all cold. When someone has a tendency towards hypo, they will usually be cold in the AM and need some dense calorie warming food. I think your cooling liquids first thing is making your adrenalin shoot up, that will make you excessively urinate. Try salted eggs/potatoes, pancakes or something else dry, warm and calorie dense.
      Originally posted by ombat View Post
      Hmm, I'll look into infections.

It's a lot more difficult to find info on low estrogen than it is on high estrogen. The symptoms seem to be underdevelopment (which could explain a lot for me...), menstrual problems (which are not an issue at present), forgetfulness and fatigue (relevant), and some other things like headaches which I don't have any more. And I think the low estrogen might be a symptom of something else (adrenal problems) rather than it's own problem..
      I second Zach's suggestion and will add that in my experience anything that lowers the body temp for someone who's already low temp will mean that the body isn't hot enough to absorb the water it ingests. However, don't rule out getting a urine sample checked.

Possibly the low oestrogen is symptomatic of something else, but it could also be the root of the problem. I thought my issue was thyroid, but it turns out my low thyroid is just a consequence of the oestrogen dominance. You need to find the initial weak link. What my experience with the endo has taught me is that it's worth speaking to a professional about things sometimes. We're all so anti CW, but sometimes they really do know better than us
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Maybe an endo will help me more than the 3 gastros I've seen. All my lab work seems to come back fine, though.

Also, the fruit and juices may be lowering my temp, but I think it's helping me tremendously in other ways. I'll try to stick to fruit at the end of the day and eat more starches and sugar in the morning.
        Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013, 03:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
          If you want to hear something sick, I would rather people think I was pregnant than think I just looked like this.

Oh yeah, we could get people pretty riled up with our hot, bloated bodies. Do it, baby.
          Sick friends foreva!

And no, I don't want to give anyone sleepless nights...
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            Sick friends foreva!

And no, I don't want to give anyone sleepless nights...
            Nightmares?

Comment

Maybe an endo will help me more than the 3 gastros I've seen. All my lab work seems to come back fine, though.
              My lab work is all fine too - but my hormones are screwy. And a lot of illnesses come down to hormones.

Did you get them checked this time?

- Ray Peat

Comment

Nightmares?
                Fantasies, actually...

IF you're into pregnant women (with empty wombs).

- Ray Peat

Comment

My lab work is all fine too - but my hormones are screwy. And a lot of illnesses come down to hormones.

Did you get them checked this time?
                  I didn't since I got them done 4 months ago.

Estradiol: 17.8 (19.5-144.2)
                  FSH: 5.6 (2.5-10.2)
                  Luteinizing Hormone: 2.5 (1.9-12.5)
                  TSH: .69 (good)
                  Estrogens Total: 142 (61-394)

So the only thing that was low was my estradiol and I was in a phase of the cycle where estradiol is supposed to be low anyway.

Fantasies, actually...

IF you're into pregnant women (with empty wombs).
                  Ick. Ick. Ick ick.

Comment

• Hot!

To me your "bloating" just looks like you ate a lot of food. Does it feel like nothing really happens when you eat something? Like it just sits in your stomach for hours?

Comment

• Is a small mango, a few pieces of cantaloupe, and a couple large spoonfuls of sweet potato a lot of food? You can tell how much food I'm eating at a meal. Does it seem like a lot?

Yes, that is quite what it feels like. The distention gets worse and worse throughout the day, as though by the time I eat dinner my breakfast is still sitting in there. Sometimes it goes down by morning, sometimes it doesn't.
                      Last edited by ombat; 05-11-2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

• Ok ok, im just saying what it looks like from my iphone, no need to get catty!

So yes it sounds like you have super weak digestion and that will definitely cause bloating and that distended feeling, its basically food fermenting in you because your stomach acid is too weak to liquify and kill everything.

Buuuut HCL fucks you up and ACV does the same? Hmm, im going to think about this one for a min.

Comment

• Oh wow, that did sound really harsh, reading it now. But I was not being facetious! Those questions where honest. I'm sorry.

I think I posted this in your journal, but I came across someone who said that taking too little HCL made his digestion worse than taking none at all. And it was only until he upped it more that it helped. Does this make any sense at all? Was I taking too little HCL? I can't come up with any logical reason for this.

Comment

I didn't since I got them done 4 months ago.

Estradiol: 17.8 (19.5-144.2)
                            FSH: 5.6 (2.5-10.2)
                            Luteinizing Hormone: 2.5 (1.9-12.5)
                            TSH: .69 (good)
                            Estrogens Total: 142 (61-394)

So the only thing that was low was my estradiol and I was in a phase of the cycle where estradiol is supposed to be low anyway.

Ick. Ick. Ick ick.
                            I think it would be worth getting a more comprehensive hormone panel. I got oestrogen, testosterone, prolactin and progesterone done, plus cortisol, serotonin and all thyroids. If it's free at your uni you may as well avail!

Hey, it's probably a fetish somewhere. If so we should get in on it!

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Try cascara sagrada for bloating.
                              Make America Great Again

Comment

I think it would be worth getting a more comprehensive hormone panel. I got oestrogen, testosterone, prolactin and progesterone done, plus cortisol, serotonin and all thyroids. If it's free at your uni you may as well avail!

Hey, it's probably a fetish somewhere. If so we should get in on it!
                                You're right - I should be getting the most out of those bastards! I shall make another appointment.

Finally, I'd be good for something!

Comment

Working...
                                X