Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Step right up-donít be shy-to the Ombat Sh!t Show

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • No, sugar or nothing. Go take a timeout and think about that.








    Yes! Truly being able to listen to your body and strike a balance is what its all about. Unless your body is trying to kill you, then dont listen to it.
    Last edited by Zach; 05-04-2013, 09:20 PM. Reason: The only reason i ever edit, fucking iphone keyboard!

    Comment


    • *whimpers*

      My body is always trying to kill me. If it tells me to drink DDT i'll try not to listen (at least i won't get malaria!)
      Last edited by ombat; 05-04-2013, 09:27 PM. Reason: the only reason I ever edit. because i'm non-committal. I don't even use pens!
      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

      Comment


      • My mom told me that back in the day, trucks would drive around spraying DDT and all the neighborhood kids would run behind it like it was a sprinkler on wheels.

        Comment




        • In case you can't read lips, that tribe member is saying, "Are you fucking kidding me, cracker?"
          Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ombat View Post
            Saturday, May 4

            Food/Digestion:
            - Last night: shot of whiskey
            - AM: gelatin
            - Breakfast: carrot juice, 2 chicken sausages, 2 eggs (coconut oil), maple syrup, rice cake
            - Roasted mate (no syrup)
            - Lunch: 1/4 lb roast beef, pineapple, little rice
            - Dinner: 1/2 lb salmon, bowl of rice w/ coconut aminos, an orange (juice of)
            - Orange juice (~1 cup)

            Was craving meat a lot more today.

            -Bloat: was actually pretty ok until the orange juice after dinner. now it's fully distended. I think I should stick with carrot juice, it seems to bother my stomach the least.
            -BMs: ok

            Supps: I suppose I should make this more clear
            - Acidophilus (10 bil CFU)
            - l-Glutamine (5 g on an empty stomach) - didn't take today
            - Digest Gold enzymes (1 or 2 per meal, depending)
            - Noopept: 10 mg (2x)

            Thirst:
            - Not terrible

            Sleep/Energy:
            - Slept 1:30-7:30. Actually feel pretty rested.
            - No crash

            Temp:
            - Not cold. Wore a dress and was fine.

            Brain Fog:
            - Clearing up

            Acne:
            - Still clearing up

            Exercise:
            - Little more walking / hill climbing than usual for non-intended exercise.

            Brooding on Food:
            I like that, it has a ring to it. Anyway, as much as the "eat moar sugar" protocol has helped me tremendously, I'm really trying to strike a balance. Yesterday I was craving sugar all day, so that's what I ate. But today I was craving meat so… I ate a bunch of meat. I still had fruit and juice and sugar, but no more than I actually wanted. Isn't this good? Isn't this how it's supposed to be? Shouldn't we just be consuming whole foods to our heart's desire? If I want sugar, I'll eat it. If I don't, I won't. I have long since become disillusioned with the whole "eat fat with a spoon" thing, but isn't this what I'm doing with sugar now? Not that I'm going to give up eating maple syrup with everything. That shit's the panacea we've all been waiting for

            ----------------------------------------------------------------

            I'm not fond of the texting aspect of this video

            Wo-ah: how young are the kids in that video?! Catchy song though. Reminds me of .... Can't think of the name right now! Remember that video where a load of girls are are on rollarblades? I'm tired

            Anyway, do you have any idea what causes your bloating? It's so annoying to live in a perpetual state of bloat.

            And I agree with Zach. QuElLe SuRpRiSe!
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

            In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

            - Ray Peat

            Comment


            • The coca cola commercial? I don't know - they look very young.

              In the last 2 (two) years (did I mention, 2 years?) of attempting diagnosis, the only thing I can say is that a lot of FODMAP fruits and vegetables make it 100x worse, but even avoiding them all I still bloat. The only way I can seem to keep it all the way down is by eating very small meals of chicken and fish, rice, sweet potatoes, and maybe some spinach and other less fibrous veggies very sparingly. But that is not sustainable because I get hungry. It was actually great when I first started the juicing and sugar thing, but I was also not very hungry so I didn't eat very much. Now I'm hungrier so I eat more and the bloating comes back. Probiotics don't work, HCL doesn't work, enzymes don't work, I don't have any of the major bugs, I don't have SIBO, I don't seem to have anything. It's almost like there's something wrong with the actual digestive mechanism. It feels like I eat food and it just piles up in my stomach and nothing's happening!
              Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ombat View Post
                The coca cola commercial? I don't know - they look very young.

                In the last 2 (two) years (did I mention, 2 years?) of attempting diagnosis, the only thing I can say is that a lot of FODMAP fruits and vegetables make it 100x worse, but even avoiding them all I still bloat. The only way I can seem to keep it all the way down is by eating very small meals of chicken and fish, rice, sweet potatoes, and maybe some spinach and other less fibrous veggies very sparingly. But that is not sustainable because I get hungry. It was actually great when I first started the juicing and sugar thing, but I was also not very hungry so I didn't eat very much. Now I'm hungrier so I eat more and the bloating comes back. Probiotics don't work, HCL doesn't work, enzymes don't work, I don't have any of the major bugs, I don't have SIBO, I don't seem to have anything. It's almost like there's something wrong with the actual digestive mechanism. It feels like I eat food and it just piles up in my stomach and nothing's happening!
                This one! Took me ages to remember the name of the band, ha. But the song is crazy-similar, if you listen to it back-to-back with "Awkward".



                I feel your pain on the bloating. Everything seems to cause it, nothing seems to reduce it (except not eating).

                Have you tried that supp that Zach and Cierra keep talking about?
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                - Ray Peat

                Comment


                • hcl stops saliva's amylase enzymes from working, so it's probably best to separate your carb and protein heavy meals to avoid bloating. this is probably why many people bloat from carb meals in general, problems with that enzyme.

                  have you tried cascara sagrada? also, I see no carrot salad...
                  Make America Great Again

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                    This one! Took me ages to remember the name of the band, ha. But the song is crazy-similar, if you listen to it back-to-back with "Awkward".

                    I feel your pain on the bloating. Everything seems to cause it, nothing seems to reduce it (except not eating).

                    Have you tried that supp that Zach and Cierra keep talking about?
                    Ha! They are similar - That never occurred to me.

                    I take a digestive enzyme from the same company (I think it's a little more potent than the one Zach takes) and I've seen no results. It doesn't seem to affect me positively or negatively. Maybe I should try taking a much higher dose?
                    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                      hcl stops saliva's amylase enzymes from working, so it's probably best to separate your carb and protein heavy meals to avoid bloating. this is probably why many people bloat from carb meals in general, problems with that enzyme.

                      have you tried cascara sagrada? also, I see no carrot salad...
                      I dabbled with that for a while, but it became unsustainable when I went home for the summer. I should try it again: eat mostly carbs with smaller amounts of eggs and gelatin throughout the day and then focus on meat at dinner? Worth a shot.

                      I've never heard of that before, but it sounds interesting... I could use some peristalsis stimulation.
                      Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Cierra
                        I've taken Digest Gold, but Digest Spectrum is WAY better, in my opinion. With DG, I was like ... "meh, is it working?" But then with Digest Spectrum, I was like I CAN EAT ALL THE THINGS.

                        So... it really made a difference, for me.
                        Seriously? I've read how Gold has saved people's lives and I'm like, "meh" too, so that's interesting.

                        Digest Gold:


                        Digest Spectrum:


                        This is odd, because Spectrum seems to have less of most things (except for protease) and just has the added gluten thing, which couldn't hurt considering my intolerance.
                        Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Cierra
                          I've taken Digest Gold, but Digest Spectrum is WAY better, in my opinion. With DG, I was like ... "meh, is it working?" But then with Digest Spectrum, I was like I CAN EAT ALL THE THINGS.

                          So... it really made a difference, for me.
                          LOL - what was with the cat?!
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                          In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                          - Ray Peat

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Cierra
                            I think that Digest Gold is more for people who eat processed foods and have trouble digesting those things. They have shitty eating habits, but an adequate digestive system. Since you avoid most/all processed foods, Digest Gold doesn't really do much, maybe. Digest Spectrum, on the other hand, is better suited for people with adequate eating habits and a shitty digestive system.
                            That's just my opinion, though. Digest Gold and Digest Spectrum are also very similar in cost. Maybe you could buy both, and if it still doesn't seem to help, keep the receipt and return it?

                            Digest Spectrum has everything that Digest Gold has, with DS containing less of only a few enzymes. I think the most important things that I may have trouble digesting are more prevalent in DS rather than DG, and the introduction of the DPP-IV, which is a gluten digestive aid, is what makes this work for me. Maybe the enzymes that are higher in the DG are really not so important for me personally, but I'm not sure! Worth a shot.
                            Hmm, it's possible. I could pick up some spectrum and try it out.

                            Cus at the top, she's like "meh." And then at the bottom, she's like cause she took digest spectrum and can eat all the things, lol. obviously >___>
                            I got it, Cierra
                            Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Cierra
                              Cus at the top, she's like "meh." And then at the bottom, she's like cause she took digest spectrum and can eat all the things, lol. obviously >___>
                              Originally posted by ombat View Post
                              I got it, Cierra
                              Haha! I was guessing random-"anchorman"-style humour. Guess that's just me then ;(

                              Maybe I should get my brother to post me some digest spectrum... if it really does work. Can you pick it up in any pharmacy?
                              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                              In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                              - Ray Peat

                              Comment


                              • An average pharmacy won't have them, but a supplement / vitamin store or a natural foods store with a vitamin section is sure to have it.

                                Looking back at my journals over the months, I think I might actually be better off without the enzymes...I wonder if there's something in there that's bothering me?
                                Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X