• Yessir I've got the curry ready
    Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

• Wednesday, May 1

Food/Digestion:
      -10:30am (somehow managed a 16.5 hr fast): cantaloupe
      - Noon: eggs fried in coconut oil, turkey, rice, applesauce + enzyme
      -Afternoon: maple syrup mate (2 cups), tangerine and orange juice
      - Evening: ripe banana (no, bad, stomach does not like this), prawns, rice, applesauce + enzymes
      -Late PM: chicken sausages with maple syrup, applesauce, orange, riceÖ can't stop eating.

- Digestion ok in the morning
      - Serious bloat with that banana and it was really ripe too! VHY??

- So much for that tiny appetite. Think I need to start eating a more substantial breakfast. Too hungry by evening.

Sleep/Energy:
      - Slept 11:30-8:00
      - Energy more stable

Activity:
      - Body weight. Wasn't very strong today. Won't do any tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's a double feature tonight, kids.

"Selfish love - love me because I love you. This is how I love."

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
        this, umm, person I know, has had her vision indefinitely altered (flashes of lights, closed eye visuals, enhanced sensitivity to visual stimuli) ever since she started experimenting with mushrooms, acid, and other psychedelics. Even when she hasn't taken them in weeks. It somewhat concerns her. So you never know, the nootropics could have a permanent effect.
        Your third eye has opened man!

- The hippies (and me).

Psychedelics can 100% change you permanently. Not just your perception either: but the way your brain works. I believe the new neural pathways formed during strong trips stay etched.
        Last edited by YogaBare; 05-01-2013, 10:52 PM.
        "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Also, all this talk of Cali makes me lonesome

Guys, can you help me? I really want to move to California: it's been my dream since I was 6! Do you have any idea how I would go about getting a visa? It seems pretty tough but I know that it happens. Should I just go over and be illegal and hope I get knocked up?

Oh, and congrads on your test results Ombat! Are you happy about them or, in a weird way, were you hoping that they would point to something being conclusively amiss so that you could account for your symptoms?
          Last edited by YogaBare; 05-01-2013, 10:49 PM.
          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
            Your third eye has opened man!

- The hippies (and me).
            Thank god I've got you and the hippies on my side!

Also, all this talk of Cali makes me lonesome

Guys, can you help me? I really want to move to California: it's been my dream since I was 6! Do you have any idea how I would go about getting a visa? It seems pretty tough but I know that it happens. Should I just go over and be illegal and hope I get knocked up?
            What alternate conversation were you reading?? Haha we both don't like it there! Honestly, the only places worth living in CA are insanely expensive. Everything else is shit. If you really want to move to the US, you're better off choosing a nice, quiet state with lots of trees, like Washington (and I'm not totally biased because I live there or anything... ). If you're looking for a big city, though, there are plenty of places elsewhere that won't be such a struggle to establish yourself in.

- The dream crushers (and me)

EDIT: But you can never go wrong getting knocked up.

Comment

• Originally posted by ombat View Post
              Thank god I've got you and the hippies on my side!
              Always... I could tell you stories Ha. Actually though, a lot of indigenious people take psychedelics precisely because they believe it changes their vibrational consciousness and allows them to see another level of reality. Funny that western people have similar experiences completely independently.

Originally posted by ombat View Post
              What alternate conversation were you reading?? Haha we both don't like it there! Honestly, the only places worth living in CA are insanely expensive. Everything else is shit. If you really want to move to the US, you're better off choosing a nice, quiet state with lots of trees, like Washington (and I'm not totally biased because I live there or anything... ). If you're looking for a big city, though, there are plenty of places elsewhere that won't be such a struggle to establish yourself in.

- The dream crushers (and me)

EDIT: But you can never go wrong getting knocked up.
              Ha, I guess I saw the mention of SF and I was off!

All this talk of getting knocked up has aroused.... my curiosity... about the PHRASE! Shheesh! What is the origin of the phrase knocked-up

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Damn straight, California fucking blows. This place feels absolutely soul sucking at times. There is hardly any beauty left here, due to the dense population sucking it all dry. The people here are complete drones too, mostly. I like to explore urban terrain too, for art, and the street art isn't art at all, it's just vandalism.

That said, I was wandering around yesterday and found a really cool abandoned house off by the foot of the hills. Obviously used for raves and stuff. There was more life there in that abandoned house than the entirety of the city, kinda funny. Thinking about taking up photography for that reason, maybe it can capture something I'm not seeing.

(not mine:bluelightsandsunshine.tumblr.com)

Cool huh? I should start my own journal, I feel like I have a lot more stuff to write down lately.
                Make America Great Again

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                  Damn straight, California fucking blows. This place feels absolutely soul sucking at times. There is hardly any beauty left here, due to the dense population sucking it all dry. The people here are complete drones too, mostly. I like to explore urban terrain too, for art, and the street art isn't art at all, it's just vandalism.
                  But dude, you haven't been to SF

Plus I clearly belong in California - blond, laid back (in some ways ), hippie, and I don't know ay other Irish people who say "dude"

That said, I was wandering around yesterday and found a really cool abandoned house off by the foot of the hills. Obviously used for raves and stuff. There was more life there in that abandoned house than the entirety of the city, kinda funny. Thinking about taking up photography for that reason, maybe it can capture something I'm not seeing.

Cool huh? I should start my own journal, I feel like I have a lot more stuff to write down lately
                  Nice pics. I was actually going to suggest to you that you start a journal - I saw a pic this morning that reminded me of you and wanted to post it for you... but where? (Sorry Ombat).

This is becoming like Facebook...

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Haha yeah totally me! Also, not trying to burst your bubble about Cali, but it's not really like that anymore, even dude has been mostly replaced by other nonsense like swag or worse
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

• Put thise nootropics to good use and start a blog or something.

YB, move to San Diego.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Put thise nootropics to good use and start a blog or something.

YB, move to San Diego.
                        I lived in San Diego for three months...

It's nice but dull

- Ray Peat

Comment

I lived in San Diego for three months...

It's nice but dull
                          Hmmm, LA, San Fran or Miami? Seems like the only big cities with beaches.

Comment

• SF baby!

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                            not trying to burst your bubble about Cali, but it's not really like that anymore, even dude has been mostly replaced by other nonsense like swag or worse

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                            Put thise nootropics to good use and start a blog or something..
                            Btw, I think BOTH of you should start journals. Derp's can be "Musings of a Primal Troll", and Zach can have an agony aunt column for people who are killing themselves with LCHF; "Dear Zach".

Oh gadzooks - you have to do that Zach!!!

- Ray Peat

Comment

Always... I could tell you stories Ha. Actually though, a lot of indigenious people take psychedelics precisely because they believe it changes their vibrational consciousness and allows them to see another level of reality. Funny that western people have similar experiences completely independently.
                              Friend of mine has spent tons of time in South America doing just that, but I suppose it's universal. We really are just "one"

Btw, I think BOTH of you should start journals. Derp's can be "Musings of a Primal Troll", and Zach can have an agony aunt column for people who are killing themselves with LCHF; "Dear Zach".
                              "Dear Zach, my diet is 20% protein, 16346268864543% fat. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Butterivore"

Comment

• Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                                Damn straight, California fucking blows. This place feels absolutely soul sucking at times. There is hardly any beauty left here, due to the dense population sucking it all dry. The people here are complete drones too, mostly. I like to explore urban terrain too, for art, and the street art isn't art at all, it's just vandalism.

Cool huh? I should start my own journal, I feel like I have a lot more stuff to write down lately.
                                I can't agree with this statement more. The first summer I went back to LA to visit, I was on the road for 10 minutes and literally felt my chest start to tighten. It's toxic, physically and emotionally.

I would be a loyal Derp blog follower.

Comment

Working...
                                X