Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let the conquest of the kingdom of BellyFat begin!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Bare is loving your avatar pic and name! Not to worry Cave Bird in the event of a zombie apocalypse, I am not sure you would have a choice not to run, the Grok survival instinct is a powerful force. Thanks for the encouragement and please come back!
    Originally posted by Cave Bird View Post
    Sugarbare, you're doing great, keep it up! Speaking of he who is caught first...i was just thinking the other day that if we ever had a zombie apocalypse, I would be in big trouble. Cuz I aint runnin!

I'm enjoying your journal so far, it's inspiring me to get back to a primal life!
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Comment

Thanks Traveller, I appreciate the visit and encouragement. Well you see the Bare grew up in South Florida, where all manner of four legged creatures were okay for consumption! I merely carry on the tradition, plus a co-worker gave it to me for free! FREE!! MEAT!! are there two greater words?

Originally posted by Traveller View Post
      I agree with Cave Bird, you're doing great!

I just can't get over you eating elk!
      Compared to my usual chicken and lamb, it sounds so exotic!!

Comment

Hello noble advisers, here is yesterday's scroll of embarrassment:

Tried to drink my morning brew at 8:30am with the usual H&H and Sweetleaf with the idea of eating at 1:30pm, but just wasn't feeling it so at 10:30am I went ham on 4 fried eggs and 8 pieces of bacon. That, my dear nobles, was a mistake. It felt as if a fine longhorn steer had decided to use my stomach as a rest spot! In other words it smarted a bit. I did not eat again until 7:30pm when I consume about a cup of ground beef with 2 Tbsp of sour cream. I wish that was all to report, but sadly I consumed the toppings of a slice of pizza.

I did have a lovely noon day stroll for 30 mins. so there is that.

Comment

Hello Journal my friend, I am about to get all up in your face!

So, yesterday I took the SO to the dentist for a morning of fun and excitement! While she was there I went on a hunt to an Asian market and got some chicharones, Yessssss!!!! So I wait until we get home and I dig in at 10am with some Tabasco buffalo sauce (all primal ingredients), I had about a pound! Know what I had after that Pepto Bismal!! I mean what the heck over! It wasn't from being full, though I was that, I am thinking frying oil or flour. I didn't eat anything else until 9am this morning. So Journal pig fat cooked that way is out for a while.
          Exercise: a lovely hour long stroll with the family dog: She Beast (those with weak constitutions may want to leave the post now!)
          Quiver in fear at She Beast!
          She Beast the Destroyer - YouTube

Comment

Just decided to pop over here and see how you've been doing. Looks like you're doing fine and have a fun outlook on it all. It's great to read journals that are amusing. BTW She Beast the Destroyer looks like she can get whatever she sets her mind to.... fearful things come in small packages, she is a warrior.
            "Wild cats look their best when they're hungry, so do you." - Ori Hofmekler

Comment

Thanks for stopping by and thanks for commenting. Yes I totally fear her diva-ness!

Wow D, you are kicking butt at this as well! 4 lbs in 5 days is awesome!! Internet high five!!
              Originally posted by Brenda_D View Post
              Just decided to pop over here and see how you've been doing. Looks like you're doing fine and have a fun outlook on it all. It's great to read journals that are amusing. BTW She Beast the Destroyer looks like she can get whatever she sets her mind to.... fearful things come in small packages, she is a warrior.

Comment

So a disaster of a weekend in the kingdom of BellyFat and as lord and ruler I take full responsibility! I ate most of the day yesterday and end the middle of the day allowed the Sugar Knight into the kingdom with a fruit smoothie!!! This is the second time in as many weekends and it's always on the day that I sprint in the morning; psychological or physiological, I just don't know. I also had two Zevia sodas both yesterday and today! I hope to gather my defeated psyche (army) and attack the kingdom and provinces anew on the morn! Saturday is a sugar blur so I will just give you today's damage:

10:30am 3 eggs and a pork chop with glaze (not primal, duh!)

4:30pm 4 eggs and a cup of salsa (lime juice, duh!)

30 mins ago primal chili 2 cups and 2 Tbsp cream cheese!

Don't look at me that way Journal! I know my 36lbs triumph has probably shrunk to 30lbs, I will know in the morn.

Comment

I'm backkkk! I know it's only been a day, but I have to keep my desire to journal up or else Sugarbare will seek the sweet honey pot of failure. I feel pretty good today about my WOE, after my tragic weekend, I was still down 2lbs!! WOO to the HOO!!! But the best part for me is that I am at the point where my friends are noticing my weight loss. Gwamma should be able to see my smile from over in New Zealand. That's not even the best part a lady that I ride the bus with, we give each other the standard please don't take this as friendship quick smile, she was sitting behind me today and she leans over and says "wow you really lost a lot of weight, you look good!" Now I normally don't get all giddy, but this was out of the blue!

Comment

So glad you were able to pull off a weight-loss in spite of a little indulgence. I know I often feel time pressured with weight loss, like every single day, every single meal counts (and of course in a way that is true) in an effort to lose the maximum amount possible in the shortest amount of time. I think it comes from working on losing weight so many different times with so many different programs that I get to a point where if I don't see consistent losses every week, I fear the program isn't working and I'm wasting my time. Strange that after a week of Primal (Mark's 21-day transformation) and two prior weeks of Paleo (Whole30) that I'm starting to not worry about that anymore, that I can have a break if I need it or I can 'be human' for a meal or a day, or even a weekend, and get right back to the 'program' and it will continue to work. I'm also starting to get a little less scale obsessed for the same reason, I'm just not worried about wasting time and failing anymore. I hope that is happening for you too. I can't remember if you just started Paleo/Primal or if you've been eating this way for a while and just started a journal.

Greatness regarding the compliment from "smiles quickly," there truly isn't a better compliment than from those who aren't aware you're trying to lose weight noticing that you have. It's such a great pat on the back and motivator.

Originally posted by Sugarbare88 View Post
                    I'm backkkk! I know it's only been a day, but I have to keep my desire to journal up or else Sugarbare will seek the sweet honey pot of failure. I feel pretty good today about my WOE, after my tragic weekend, I was still down 2lbs!! WOO to the HOO!!! But the best part for me is that I am at the point where my friends are noticing my weight loss. Gwamma should be able to see my smile from over in New Zealand. That's not even the best part a lady that I ride the bus with, we give each other the standard please don't take this as friendship quick smile, she was sitting behind me today and she leans over and says "wow you really lost a lot of weight, you look good!" Now I normally don't get all giddy, but this was out of the blue!

Comment

Journal let me just apologize for being gone so long. I went out of town for a Pity Party..I know I know you told me to avoid those things, but I didn't listen, I am sorry! Yes, the usual suspects were there; "Why can't I lose weight faster!" was there hanging out by the chocolate fountain. I was getting a serious ration of crap from "Your family doesn't understand!" I hate her! And to top off the night "You ate crap food!" came over and started getting in my face. I woke up today from my chocolate fountain bath and decided to come back and start talking to you again.

Comment

Journal says: "Welcome Back"

Comment

Hey! It looks like we party with the same people! Perhaps, we need to find a new crowd. I hear "I lose weight quickly and easily" and "My meals are perfectly primal" are looking for some new friends. There may be others out there as well.

Journal let me just apologize for being gone so long. I went out of town for a Pity Party..I know I know you told me to avoid those things, but I didn't listen, I am sorry! Yes, the usual suspects were there; "Why can't I lose weight faster!" was there hanging out by the chocolate fountain. I was getting a serious ration of crap from "Your family doesn't understand!" I hate her! And to top off the night "You ate crap food!" came over and started getting in my face. I woke up today from my chocolate fountain bath and decided to come back and start talking to you again.

Comment

I have seen those guys on the fringes before, it maybe time to look them up! Thanks for the encouragement "D"

Comment

Anytime, Sugar B. How are you doing lately? Have you been out enjoying the great weather?

I have seen those guys on the fringes before, it maybe time to look them up! Thanks for the encouragement "D"

Comment

Oh yes!! Me thinks we may actually be able to frolic here soon! Yes I said frolic!

Originally posted by Brenda_D View Post
                                Anytime, Sugar B. How are you doing lately? Have you been out enjoying the great weather?

Comment

Working...
                                X