No announcement yet.

Turning Primal in the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like you should be getting the fat burning going now. Coconut oil will really help with fat burning as it is so easily metaboilsed so switch the yoghurt if possible. Well done on the extra mile...it's the one where you get 90% of the training improvement.
    Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
    www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

• Originally posted by CuriousCat4711 View Post
      It's great reading your progress. Your commitment to exercise is inspiring.

I'm from Kent but live in Essex and work in London.

How have you found coming off the pill? I'm coming off it at the end of this week.
      Thank you, that's so kind! To be honest, I've felt so lazy up until the last month or so, and I really believe it's the position I'm in now compared to earlier this year:

Firstly I can't afford a gym membership and I used to go all the time when I lived at home (spesh because my dad goes most nights so it made sense if Mum wasn't making dinner till late anyway), so I'm forced to get outside and do it, and signing up to the half marathon means I can't avoid it if it's raining etc, I don't want to let anyone down when it comes to race day. And then just getting up 10 mins earlier on a non-run day and doing a bit of a bodyweight workout, even though it's not the toughest regime, is good for me mentally and physically, knowing if I'm stuck at work late I've at least done a little bit of something. I also try and add exercise into my day, like I always go up the 3 flights of stairs at work, and try to have a little walk at lunchtime when I can (usually combined with collecting dry cleaning or going to Boots or something!)

Secondly I've been single for 4 or 5 months now so even though I don't actually have loads more time to myself I feel like I have more control over how busy I am and therefore exercise and sleep is a priority, and if that means I miss out on a drink after work it's not the end of the world, there are always more opportunities to meet people for drinks. It's funny actually, when I was with my ex my weekends were either spent at his or he was at mine, so I'd end up going out both Fri and Sat or whatever. Recently, I've been going out on one of the nights, and have been perfectly happy staying in on my own the other night, cooking and catching up on sleep - and whereas I used to have massive FOMO, now I'm just content, I don't have to answer to anyone and the one night out per weekend that I spend with my closest friends is really meaningful instead of worrying about getting home and having energy for the next night out etc.

Thirdly I definitely think coming off the pill has been amazing and I never want to have that toxic crap in my body again (we'll see what happens when I start seeing a new boy!). It's only been 2 weeks so I'm still waiting for the acne to break out, but who knows, it might never happen. The main difference I've noticed in myself is just this positive attitude, it's absolutely wonderful to have emotions again. I was always so apathetic and I think that lack of passion was what made me break up with my ex, we'd just become too close as friends and no longer as 'lovers' ha. I feel so much calmer, I'm pretty sure I've lost weight - outside of the 2 fasting days I've done this week, I just mean I feel lighter in general and I don't have the urge to eat all the time. I've stuck to a gluten-free Paleo-esque style of eating way more easily, I'm just not tempted by the chocolate/crisps/carb-y rubbish as much as I was, which in turn makes me feel better about myself and more determined to keep going with the diet and exercise. A big positive circle!

Haha I sound like such a hippy! Sorry for the essay but honestly, I used to be such a moaner, and yeah I can still have a good ol' bitch, but it really feels like something's clicked in the last few weeks and I think it's a combination of coming off the pill and taking a full month off men. I feel in tune with my body and in control of my life. And now I'm ready to give and receive love, so fingers crossed my date tomorrow goes well and I might have someone new in my life!

Comment

• Originally posted by MaceyUK View Post
        Sounds like you should be getting the fat burning going now. Coconut oil will really help with fat burning as it is so easily metaboilsed so switch the yoghurt if possible. Well done on the extra mile...it's the one where you get 90% of the training improvement.
        Thank you, I've got some coconut oil at home so will give it a try this weekend, I just can't get enough of that creamy greek yog though!

Comment

• Happy Friday everyone!

Ah omg it's date night tonight!! I'm nervous!!!!

Mini workout - leg raises, press ups, back/shoulder raise thing, triceps dips, stork, plank twists, spiderman plank things

B - boiled egg, banana, green tea - suddenly starving so I popped down to the canteen for a sausage and 2 slices of bacon, at least it's fatty protein!
          L - very cheeky business lunch - probably half a bottle of white wine, a couple of slices of bread with taramasalata, 2 oysters, halibut steak with spinach and sugar snap peas, and a couple of small scoops of ice cream. Feel rather tipsy, thank god I have till 8.30/9pm to meet this boy, as long as I don't crash out!
          Last edited by Livlytique; 06-14-2013, 09:25 AM.

Comment

• Thank you for that lovely long reply :-) I am currently out but will reply properly later. Just wanted to say good luck on your date!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Oof that was a MAD weekend. I won't tell you what happened but you wouldn't have been happy with what was consumed ha. Brilliant fun but am totally exhausted, and have to try and stick to the 5-2 this week, only two weeks till holiday so I'm determined. Oh bugger, I also have to fit in a couple of runs!

The date went really well! Can't wait to see him again, I really hope this is the start of something... cross your fingers for me

B - two coffees (meh), boiled egg, banana
              S - tuna & bean salad thing
              L - tuna salad
              S - another awful eating day just because I'm trying to stay awake - a coke zero, a chocolate bar, and a small slice of victoria sponge (someone's bday...) - feeling quite disgusted with myself...
              D - yeah I ate spaghetti. F*** today dammit.
              Last edited by Livlytique; 06-17-2013, 01:36 PM.

Comment

• Ok, fast day no.1 this week.
                I am so tired and run down, and I only have myself to blame.

Mini workout this morn, then 2 boiled eggs and a coffee - 200 cals-ish.
                Some strawberries and blueberries, and a green tea - 100 cals-ish
                A big tupperware full of salad for lunch - hopefully not more than about 100 calories worth.
                Spicy butternut squash soup - about 100 cals again

Feeling a bit perkier now, these low cal days are actually fine and make me feel like I'm using energy resources my body doesn't normal access when it's burning off food. Work's about to get super stressful I think - with everyone on my team leaving, and lots of holidays starting, I've been made the lead on a big advertising campaign - I'm so scared I'm going to mess up or something. And what stresses me most is that I'm still a lowly assistant getting paid a shitty wage - should be getting promoted this week which is awesome but I still don't think the pay rise is going to reflect the HUGE amount of responsibility I've taken on recently. Isn't it ridiculous when something like pay stresses you out more than the work itself. And all this now when I've started dating someone and want to have time for a social life!!!
                Last edited by Livlytique; 06-18-2013, 12:05 PM.

Comment

• Livly...have you tried planning what you are going to eat on each day? It seems that chaos is in the way of your best intentions here. How about getting one of the excellent paleo cookbooks and picking out 4 or 5 days worth of food and then going out and doing some hunter gathering to get you back on track?
                  Man seeks to change the foods available in nature to suit his tastes, thereby putting an end to the very essence of life contained in them.
                  www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

• Yep I plan all my meals during the week - I write so many lists I feel like a crazy obsessive compulsive! I do a big shop on Sundays for breakfast, lunch and whichever nights I'm home for dinner.
                    Apart from this weekend I feel I've been doing great, but weekends I do let my hair down a bit more - my main concern isn't alcohol or some crisps/chocolate Fri-Sun but more that I still stay away from grains when I have a 'cheat' day because that actually affects my health more noticeably.

Comment

• Sounds like you had a great weekend! When are you seeing him again? Enjoy those butterflies

Comment

• Haha thanks! Seeing him tomorrow night and how refreshing, he says he's going to plan it and doesn't want me to do anything - As long as that doesn't mean an Italian restaurant that's fine with me...!

Comment

• Mini workout this morn

B - 2 boiled eggs, green tea
                          S - blueberries & strawberries, cup of tea
                          L - half an hour in the sunshine, such a gorgeous day! big tuna salad, craving chocolate....
                          S - another cup of tea, a small chocolate caramel sweet, banana - then a boiling hot 3 mile run
                          D - bowl of spicy butternut squash soup and, I must admit I'm not being very good, a few cheesy Doritos & a blueberry juice
                          Last edited by Livlytique; 06-19-2013, 12:10 PM.

Comment

• Oops haven't had time to update this for a day or so.
                            Eating's been ok-ish, I did my mini workout yesterday morning then had boiled eggs, was taken to a lovely japanese restaurant for lunch which included lots of meat and fish, a bit of tempura and rice, and some wine, so not the best... then I went to this guy's in the evening he cooked for me - salmon and lots of green veg, really lovely. a bit more wine... don't feel too bad today though (slightly sleep deprived!).
                            Today, not sure how it's going to go. Had some fruit and yoghurt and a latte from the canteen for breakkie because I wasn't at home this morn. Ergh...bacon & sausage sarnie...then a baked sweet potato with chicken for lunch. Definitely going to have to get a run in after work!
                            Had a cup of tea and a snickers this afternoon tut tut! But also ran 4.5 miles yeeeeah!! And a massive tuna salad for dinner
                            Last edited by Livlytique; 06-21-2013, 12:20 PM.

Comment

• Dirty stopout!

Comment

• It a very primal thing to do stopping out....lots of feel good chemicals as long as there are no feel bad diseases
                                www.primaljoy.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X