No announcement yet.

Turning Primal in the UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't had a cup of coffee since last Wednesday when I had a killer migraine - I now associate the two, it's put me right off and have gone from my many years habit of 1 - 4 cups a day to nothing, drinking black tea instead. As green tea is even milder I would say no, if anything green tea will benefit you.

Comment

It's great when you create your own aversion technique isn't it! I used to drink black tea a lot, when I didn't have dairy, but I'm not sure I fancy that now the sun's shining - I've never understood when people say tea cools you down. I'll see how I go on green tea today, hopefully it'll only be one more day of headaches, and the office also stocks up on white tea which sounds nice so might give that a go too.

Comment

This morn I did 20 squats and 20 press ups, 20 triceps dips, 30 secs plank followed by plank twists (10 on each side). And then my flatmate came in the door from an early morning run, making me feel like my efforts were totally futile ha. I should be the one out running early!
        Well, at least I had a good wander in the sun at lunchtime, and I'm playing netball tonight.

B - 2 slices bacon, 1 fried egg, green tea
        S - banana, 10 almonds, fruity herbal tea - no headache yet!!
        L - ham & avocado salad, green tea
        S - blueberries & greek yoghurt - late netball match today so need something to keep me going till a 9pm dinner!
        D - apple on way home, then pork loin with spinach, courgette, capers & mustard
        Last edited by Livlytique; 06-04-2013, 01:24 PM.

Comment

I was raring to go this morning but now I get to work I'm filled with this feeling of dread that my director's going to be in a bad mood and take it out on me, like he did yesterday. It's so unfair, totally ruins your own mood for the rest of the day and makes you not want to work there! Hmm.

Anyway, in general I feel great. 3rd day off coffee and 4th day off the pill, and the sun is STILL shining this morn I did some leg raises and back 'raises' (?!), press ups and triceps dips, crunch twists.

B - 2 boiled eggs, green tea
          S - 2 small slices of bacon (someone brought breakfast into the office, I didn't eat the roll needless to say), a small fruit salad with pineapple melon & grapes, white tea (not the milky kind) - lol whoops let's make that 3 slices of bacon and two small pots of fruit salad... what can I say, there were leftovers, and it's hardly unhealthy!
          L - a nice walk in the sunshine to buy some 5-htp (my saviour) and then leftovers from last night - pork loin with courgette & spinach, and a peppermint tea
          S - a bit cheeky but I fancied a little something sweet without spending money etc and there was a can of Diet Coke... so I had half, with 8 almonds
          D - I've been looking forward to this dinner for ages! Not particularly Primal, but there's a great fish & chips place in London that does gluten-free Wednesdays, so I'm still minimising the impact of the fried goodness :-p such a cheeky treat tonight - gluten-free fish & chips with peas followed by a dark choc & coconut ice cream (clearly not gluten-free!) yum. Now I need to run tomorrow morning!
          Last edited by Livlytique; 06-05-2013, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I said I'd go for a run and I did 2.25 miles at 6.30am woohoo gna crash by lunchtime!

B - two boiled eggs, greek yog with blueberries & almonds, green tea (felt I needed a bit more this morn)
            S - I gave in and had a weak cup of tea with a banana - feeling quite hungry this morn, which always happens when I go for a run, though I do wonder if I'd have the same hunger if I'd just eaten my usual eggs only breakfast, I find I burn off fruit quite quickly...
            L - roast beef and avocado salad in the sunshine while I finished my book, perfect.
            S - peppermint tea, a couple of starburst (shhh) and another banana - god I am starving today
            D - aubergine baked with chorizo mozzarella and cherry tomatoes on top, then some strawberries & Greek yog later in the eve with a mint tea
            Last edited by Livlytique; 06-07-2013, 12:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Livlytique View Post
              I said I'd go for a run and I did 2.25 miles at 6.30am woohoo gna crash by lunchtime!

Have a cup of cof...

Comment

Originally posted by chronyx View Post
                Have a cup of cof...
                Ha I had tea!

Comment

Originally posted by Livlytique View Post
                  Ha I had tea!
                  You filthy hedonist!

Did you see my reply to your PM? This forum sends my pop-up block apeshit so it might not have popped up

Comment

Up 10 mins early this morn to do my usual squats press ups & planks which I've not been very reliable with, as well as some back exercises.

B - 1 boiled egg, some strawberries dipped in Greek yog - I don't know if you get Total in the US, but it feels so indulgent having that as a treat, it's so super creamy you think it can't be good for you. But I reckon if you can tolerate some dairy the 9g of protein and 5g of fat per 100g is brilliant for keeping you full a bit longer.
                    S - banana, and I had a little networking meeting so I let them buy me a coffee - first one in a week! Buzzing a bit... ha. But I don't feel like I NEED coffee any more which is good.
                    L - prawn & avocado salad yum
                    S - a nice couple of vodka tonics after work (potentially a date...!)
                    D - aubergine, mozzarella, cherry toms & chorizo
                    Last edited by Livlytique; 06-07-2013, 10:02 AM.

Comment

I find supermarker own brand greek yoghurts to be the fattiest, whilst also being cheaper.
                      Although not having tried Total before (or any brand in a while) i can't speak to the taste difference, i only really use yog in smoothies, so the neat taste isn't as important to me

Comment

Originally posted by Greenbeast View Post
                        I find supermarker own brand greek yoghurts to be the fattiest, whilst also being cheaper.
                        Although not having tried Total before (or any brand in a while) i can't speak to the taste difference, i only really use yog in smoothies, so the neat taste isn't as important to me
                        Oh really? If I look in Sainsbury's or Tesco they only ever seem to sell low/no fat options. Looking online now Sains own-brand greek yog has about 9g of fat per 100g, but only 4g of protein (lower than the carbs), and 6g of the fat is saturated.... and Tesco own-brand is less than 3g of fat!

Comment

for me the sainsbury's 9.2g/6g (Fat/Sat fat) beats the Total's 5/3.6g and i don't eat yog for the protein just the fat and texture (in smoothies or similar really)

although it does show how quickly carb counts can reach higher levels without realising it, i would typically consume 250ml in one sitting , so that's 13.25g carbs straight away, and that would be in a smoothie with a banana and a mango.

Comment

What I like about greek yog (of any kind) is how little I need to feel full up and satisfied. Of course I appreciate you use it for smoothies, but dam 250ml, I think that would fill me up for a day!

Comment

Originally posted by chronyx View Post
                              You filthy hedonist!

Did you see my reply to your PM? This forum sends my pop-up block apeshit so it might not have popped up
                              Yep I did! Sorry I haven't replied yet, I'm crap at keeping up with proper messages :-s

Comment

Such a fun night with my friends for one of their birthdays. A bit hungover but coffee eggs and sun makes everything better!

Stuck to rum and ginger beer last night, which prob isn't the best drink but I say if I'm not mixing/getting acid-y from wine & fizz then all good. And I had a pitta and hummus when I got back to my friend's, which again I feel fine about, helped me sleep and I'd done enough dancing and walking there and back to make up for it

B/L - cup of tea upon waking, then a coffee, scrambled eggs with 1 sausage, 2 slices bacon, tomato, some baked beans (hmm...), and some potato things.

4 miles! Easy peasy

S - banana
                                D - treat night - I got an Indian takeaway, so chicken biryani & saag paneer, a bit of naan and dairy milk chocolate... and now treat's over and back to primal living!
                                Last edited by Livlytique; 06-08-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X