Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turning Primal in the UK

Happy Monday!

So I was pretty happy with yesterday's eating, considering the lack of sleep this weekend, I was very well behaved! Had a really good cycle, about 9 miles, as well as a walk. No gluten or chocolate or rubbish.

Feeling pretty knackered this morning, and need to keep going because I have yoga after work, will try to avoid sugar as much as poss.

B - two fried eggs, 4 streaky rashers bacon
    S - cappuccino
    S - small orange - bacon is quite simply amazing, it's nearly 1pm, I can feel my tummy getting a bit hungry, hence why I had the orange, but I'm kinda like meh. Normally I'd be eating my hand by now!
    L - mint tea, turkey & avocado salad (lettuce, cucumber, carrot, cherry tomatoes, orange bell pepper, beetroot, olive oil & lemon juice) - I couldn't finish it :|
    S - finished salad, banana, 10
    almonds
    D - courgette soup, 3 pieces of 85% Lindt chocolate
    Last edited by Livlytique; 03-31-2014, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Gorgeous sunny morning in London, definitely got to try and get out at lunchtime today.

B - two fried eggs, 4 streaky rashers of bacon
      S - green tea - totally forgot to make a hot drink when I got into work this morning, random. Not as happy as yesterday with my brekkie, my tummy's already rumbling could it be because of yoga and a bowl of soup for dinner yesterday?
      S - some peach squash (no added sugar and still far too sweet for me), 10 almonds, rice cake
      L - salmon salad (lettuce, carrot, cucumber, tomato, beetroot, orange bell pepper, avocado, olive oil, lemon juice), mint tea
      S - two rice cakes, 3 little haribo sweet things
      D - Turkey steak & ratatouille, salted cashews and 2 pieces of 85% Lindt
      Last edited by Livlytique; 04-02-2014, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Hello

I came across your thread and realised you were a Londoner! I am too born and bred in London, East to be precise!

Turning primal in the UK does have your friends and family questioning what the hell you are doing but, once you explain they kind of give you a look and except it haha.

Anyway I have been reading a few pages and your journey really just seems like mine has been the past few months, I have a good spell then bang I see the chocolate and the crisp and can't resist! I'm loving kettle chips mature cheddar and onion with a creme egg lol. I love this lifestyle though as I have lost a few pounds and feel energetic and have decided to ditch all the dirt and go full out primal. Just started a challenge called Whole30, where you eat no rubbish, chocolate or even alcohol for 30 days. It's a challenge but I feel like I need it!

What a glorious day it is today in London aye? Hope you can manage to get out like you said! So I thought I would introduce myself anyways and I hope your eating goes well

Charlotte

Comment

• Hi Charlotte
          I'm an East Londoner too!
          Ah you sound like you've got a lot more willpower than I do, I always want to do a 30 day challenge but every weekend for the next 2 months or so is booked up with the kind of social engagements that I want to drink alcohol at etc etc excuses excuses! I've been doing a lot better this week, eggs & bacon for brekkie are quite simply amazing, and I'm starting to do more exercise which just generally puts you in the mindset of not wanting to cancel out the good work which a takeaway. I weighed myself at the place I do yoga at on Monday, haven't been on a scale for a year or something, and I'm about 61kg, which basically means I haven't changed weight for years now, and that's fine. This isn't about the weight, it's about feeling good and sorting my stomach out, having that clean feeling... though like you, I would love to have a slightly less bulgy belly!
          x

Comment

Hump Day!

Starting to get very excited about a date I have tomorrow night. Did I mention I met a guy on Fri night?! Ah!

B - two fried eggs, 4 streaky rashers, green tea
            S - a strawberry
            S - felt a bit peckish and tummy was rumbling so had a banana & 10 almonds - going to see if I can make it to 2pm to have lunch instead now
            L - salmon salad (lettuce, cuc, carrots, toms, beetroot, pepper, avocado, lemon juice, olive oil, balsamic) - could only eat about half of it!
            S - finished my salad, green tea, and a bit naughty, had some of my friend's homemade lemon cake - but homemade, come on!
            S - small packet of cheese & onion crisps. Oh dear.
            D - courgette soup, and then had another packet of crisps on the way home from life drawing :-s piece of 85% Lindt at home too

Ok so I'm getting nervous for tomorrow night because I've hardly spoken to this guy for the last couple of days. I know it's silly but I'm used to talking to people a LOT, texting etc, so this really feels like a blind date, i barely know anything about him! Advice please! What are we going to talk about?!
            Last edited by Livlytique; 04-02-2014, 02:36 PM.

Comment

• Ah coffee makes me crazy! Literally buzzing, I feel totally useless at work!

B - 3 fried eggs, 3 streaky rashers - some mad impulse told me that since I didn't have 4 rashers left in the pack I should have an extra egg :| I feel like a body builder
              S - coffee with a bit of milk - stupidly strong, downing the water now
              L - tuna salad
              S - had a couple of reese's peanut butter cups :| i'm so nervous!!!
              Last edited by Livlytique; 04-03-2014, 09:59 AM.

Comment

• Last night was fun I'm feeling really hungover today. Ate fairly well, had a lot of red wine and then tapas (olives, ham, chorizo, mussels, padron peppers, patatas bravas), not enough food for the amount we drank though! I also had some chips on the way home shhhh. Anyway, got a few days at the spa with my mum from lunchtime today so plenty of time to detox ha.

B - cappuccino, scrambled eggs & 2 sausages

Comment

Loooovely long weekend in the spa with my mum. Stuffed my face, mainly healthy but i did sneak a bit of bread & pasta. Meh, the massages and general relaxation made up for it!

Back to good habits now, cooked a chicken and made a big mixed rice salad thing last night so that'll see me through a couple of meals.

b - two eggs, 4 streaky rashers
                  s - black coffee
                  s - 6 almonds, cranberry & raspberry herbal tea
                  L - oof I'm stuffed, didn't need to eat that much or all at once! roast chicken & avocado salad (lettuce, cuc, toms, beetroot, carrot), a coconut water pineapple & mango smoothie thing, and a piece of chicken skewer
                  S - little pot from Pure that has peas, broccoli, feta and chickpeas
                  S - two pieces of 85% Lindt after yoga
                  D - will be tuna with a mixed rice salad (brown & wild rice, chilli, coriander, tomato, red onion, lemon juice)
                  Last edited by Livlytique; 04-07-2014, 12:56 PM.

Comment

God it looks like I ate loads yesterday. Been reading on the forums here about PHD but all this talk about grams of carbs... how do you figure it out?! Would love to know how many carbs is in my standard salad at lunch (loads of lettuce, usually a couple of big tomatoes, a large carrot, cucumber, beetroot, small-medium avocado...). It's so difficult to work it out on these fitness logs unless you weigh/measure everything, which is ridiculous. But still, would be interesting to understand the amount I take in on a daily basis to see where I sit in people's calculations.

B - two fried eggs, 4 streaky rashers
                    S - green tea
                    S - banana, 10 almonds
                    L - roast chicken & avocado salad
                    S - mint tea, 3 pieces of 85% lindt chocolate
                    D - Thai green curry with chicken & red and green peppers, with stir fried courgette
                    Last edited by Livlytique; 04-08-2014, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Beautiful day in London, I have GOT to get outside at lunchtime! Nearly that time of year where we can go sit in the park with our lunch apparently we're due for a random heatwave too, woohoo!

B - two fried eggs, 4 streaky rashers of bacon
                      S - green tea
                      S - 2 strawberries, black coffee - I feel really hungry argh! going to try and quell the appetite with a coffee... not the best replacement I admit
                      L - roast chicken & avocado salad (lettuce, cucumber, carrot, tomato, beetroot, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), mint tea, piece 85% lindt chocolate
                      S - banana, 10 almonds
                      D - not very good eating for 'dinner', had a with event to get me a mentor... 2 glasses of red wine, some crisps, a Nakd cashew bar, a bite of chocolate covered rice cake, a few sweets, and then a falafel wrap (tortilla argh)... Not great to be honest!
                      Last edited by Livlytique; 04-09-2014, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Oh man this sun is putting me in SUCH a good mood! It also helped that I had a 10am external meeting so didn't bother coming into the office first, got up at 8am ahhh! Plus I had great eve at this mentoring event last night (despite the tortilla wrap on the way home ) AND I have a second date with the guy from last week tonight. All. Good. News.

B - two fried eggs, 2 streaky rashers & 1 proper slice of bacon, green tea
                        S - green tea
                        S - 10 almonds
                        L - cold leftover chicken thai green curry (chicken, red & green peppers, stir fried courgette)
                        S - mint tea, piece 85% lindt, some salted caramel popcorn
                        S - ergh feeling a bit disgusted with myself, was peckish so went into the office kitchen and there were leftover sandwiches from a meeting - had a banana, a white tea (ie not milk), and scraped some bacon, egg, cheese off the bread...
                        D - had a vodka tonic and two cocktails, then an awesome dirty burger and cheese fries mwahaha
                        Last edited by Livlytique; 04-11-2014, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Happy Friday!
                          The sun has gone but hey, had a good night last night etc so it's fine.

B - scrambled eggs, 2 sausages, and mushrooms from the canteen - these mushrooms are cooked in loads of butter (prob margarine) it's a bit mad

Ergh I'm not carrying on today's journalling, I've already eaten a load of sandwiches in a meeting despite bringing a salad in, gross!
                          Last edited by Livlytique; 04-11-2014, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Hi everyone

Wow the sun in London is great! I was at a wedding in Bournemouth yesterday and everyone was prepared for it to be a typical day at the English seaside, grey and damp, but oh man it was BEAUTIFUL! Spent the whole day with my feet in the sand, asking myself why I don't go to the English coast more often! Ate a load of crap ha but I was happy.

B - two fried eggs, two bacon, black coffee (need to wean myself off caffeine again methinks)
                            S - banana, 10 almonds
                            L - big mixed salad of: chicken, green beans, tomatoes, olives, feta, bell peppers, carrot, guacamole
                            S - mint tea, piece of 85% Lindt chocolate
                            S - 2 x crackerbread with almond butter (not GF today boo)
                            D - argh I've eaten so much I feel ill! All good Jewish food but I really should try and control myself... We had egg in salt water, chicken soup, roast chicken, potatoes, veg, dark chocolate pot, matzah pudding...probably more!
                            Last edited by Livlytique; 04-14-2014, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Morning morning

Keep feeling headachey, not sure if it's because I've been drinking too much coffee recently, or because I'm just so goddamn exhausted and ready for this long Easter weekend. Really need a proper holiday, but alas, with no one to go with I've kind of been putting it off.

B - two fried eggs, two bacon, green tea
                              S - white tea (not the milky kind), 10 almonds - argh my head is hurting! won't drink coffee, won't drink coffee
                              L - roast chicken leg and ratatouille, leftovers from Seder night yum - also managed to get outside for about a 15-20min walk. head still hurts though.
                              S - mint tea, Nakd rhubarb & custard bar (dates, cashews, raisins), 1 haribo
                              sweet, 1 starburst
                              D - wild salmon with veg stir fry, and a few crisps
                              Last edited by Livlytique; 04-15-2014, 12:48 PM.

Comment

Sunny Wednesday, only 2 days till the long weekend!

B - two boiled eggs, roast chicken leg, green tea
                                S - two figs, green tea
                                L - tapas --> beetroot with creme fraiche, grilled halloumi, grilled pork belly, octopus with new potatoes carrots & onions, greek salad, manchego spring roll, glass of rose
                                S - a bit of easter egg chocolate, whoops! - make that quite a lot of easter egg chocolate...
                                D - leftover roast chicken, 6 slices GF bread, carrot, beetroot, a handful of crisps
                                Last edited by Livlytique; 04-16-2014, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X