No announcement yet.

seaweed journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nah you wouldnt want to eat him. or even feed him to a dog in case he poisons it. LOL now there is a solution to your dog problem Doc!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      If well seasoned and slow roasted, basted in their own juices, they aren't that bad....
      It would take a lot of seasoning to make something that bitter taste good!

Sea, if your interaction with him is sporadic, I presume it's a bit difficult to limit his visits, is he good with the little uns?

Can't say I'm big on bullies either.

Comment

he has them every second weekend. thankfully he is working out of town right now so usually we only have to deal with him in person when he comes back to see the kids. he means well and he does really love the kids but he is not appropriate around them. no clues and it is not good they have to listen to his constant negativity, raving, pettyness and plain BS.

Comment

Sounds like a bit of a knob, difficult situation, as kids need a father, but if there too bad an influence, what d'you do!

Change of subject, had a go at those one legged warriors yesterday, no overhead weight, no problem, but christ when you add weight it makes it lively!

Comment

how much weight are you adding? often it is better to add less and keep technique. you go slow down and faster up.

Comment

What I though was only 5kg, I think it might have been the change in balance that threw me the most.

I reckon you'll be able to play 'The Devil went Down to Georgia' on my hammies tomorrow though!

Comment

ooooh i love that song - the devil went down to georgia.... and on a violin...... althou a hammie could be fun................
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  ooooh i love that song - the devil went down to georgia.... and on a violin...... althou a hammie could be fun................
                  fiddle..... DWDTG is played on a fiddle..... you play Brahms and Beethoven on a violin.... ho-down music is played on a fiddle (technically, it's the same instrument, but most ho-downers wouldn't be caught dead playing a violin, they prefer fiddles)

Comment

I would love to fiddle with your violin Doc -
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                      I would love to fiddle with your violin Doc -
                      lol... apparently you've been in the 2 buck chuck!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        lol... apparently you've been in the 2 buck chuck!
                        LMAO!
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• no good advice on the ex, I'm afraid... just dropping in to say I went walking up a big hill. 'Make Seas proud!' Walking is all I ever really stick to (sporadic attempts to run always fizzle out and we cannot afford the gym, also free weights make me nervous) so I ought to manage that everyday, right!
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I love big hills. my fave places to walk up. when my ankle is good, i run down them too. running does count as chronic cardio and there is so many opportunities to injure youself, i do try to avoid it unless i want to. free weights are the best but body weight stuff can be incredibly mental.

i had a tbsp of honey last night to see if it helped knock me out. and it did.

this morning i got up. had a cup of water and went for a 6k walk. came home had coffee and an omlette. went to the anzac day service. had a cup of instant after to be social.

lunch was some venison kitfo with lots of salt and pepper and some coffee.

went out to coffee with my oldest and all the kids and grandkids. had a riot. only had a latte.

dinner i am deciding on but prob steak or venison and veges or apples. i am calling today a rest day officially as i only did the block. i am fighting the urge to do it again but i need to rest i think. tomorrow first thing instead LOL

Comment

• dinner was prob about 100g of fillet steak tails. i steamed some red and green cabbage, 3 brussel sprouts and a zucchini in chicken broth with prob a 3" maori potato sliced into it. mashed the remains of the broth when the veges had steamed with the potato slices. put the potatoes on the plate. piled the veges on top. steak pieces on the side with loads of salt. coffee with a capful of amaretto in for dessert.

i noticed this morning down the sides of my waist under my ribs, i am starting to see my obliques. not sure if this is a good or a bad thing as i so dont want to lose the wasp waist. i dont think it is filling my waist out but it is interesting how we get panicky about these things. on the subject of wasp waists, took the kids to the museum today, and the old dresses in there are unreal. even if i could corset my waist to fit them, they'd never fit me across the shoulders and i am not big. i'd say they are the same size there as my 12 year old who is scrawny as. i especially liked the old riding habit.

Comment

• cup of water and back on the pills first thing. i decided maybe the k2 is helping the ankle.

breakfast was usual. omlette and coffee.
                                6 k walk

then coffee 10am

day 1 week 3 cycle 1 BBY

pushing - exercise 16. let me ins with legs straight 1 sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. messy but easier at 10 reps than 12

squatting - exercise 14. assisted one legged squats. 3 x 10 reps. really concentrating on getting down below 90 deg.

in line pushing. exercise 12. push ups with 2 sec pauses. 3 x 10 reps. prob need to upgrade to the next exercise next time.

bending. exercise 22. went back to one legged warrior as i have decided the ankle is better. 3 x 10 reps. wobbled a bit on the left side with the dodgy ankle. right side was very easy. i am sure in fact i am doing it wrong as it is so easy.

all in all it felt more like i'd done something as 3 x 10 reps is more what i am used to than 2 x12 reps. so much easier doing 10 than 12 reps. obviously the side effect of years of gym programming. if it is hard, you do 10 reps LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X