No announcement yet.

seaweed journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seas, sorry it was so rude of me not to respond sooner - I missed it, obviously.

My apple tree is an Egremont Russet, apparently a heritage variety, good at pollinating others (not that I have any) but not needing another pollinator itself.

I can't remember how you're getting on with the coffee withdrawal, but think you have upped your carbs and feeling happier? I do hope so.

I too have upped my carbs, but I think it's making me grouchier - this has been my moodiest period since going primal, gonna think about cutting back those carbs again as I really don't like feeling so ratty. Today I didn't get lunch till 4pm which I used to be able to handle but I was very snappy to my dh and he didn't deserve it.

Also, we both didn't get enough sleep due to neighbour partying outside our room last night. Generally I'm happy to be a townie, but sometimes...not so much
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• egremont russets are my fave apple! any russet apple is so nice. i think i have one in the treeknapped collection.

back on the coffee. life really is way too short to deal with it being no fun. i am doing maybe two or three cups real and the rest decaf. upping my carbs makes it sound very calculated but it isnt. i just eat potatoes or kumara if we are having them and i eat fruit. i'm not adding rice and measuring it all. if i make a curry, for example, i still wont eat the rice as i dont really like it. but if i make a rice pudding i would, as i like aborio rice. VLC definitely messed with my head. my concentration span, my tolerance. and my body. from how you post your food A, it never has looked especially LC. I think too VLC does work at the start. i certainly drop several kgs almost overnight when i go zero carb and feel really energised and look almost glowing. so yeah. the trick is to find something that works for a long long time. i do think that normal carb primal with maybe potatoes ( as we can grow them ), the slow movement, the heavy lifting and the cruisey mental attitude probably really does work but we all want to lose weight now and fast and be a lot lower body fat %age than is natural. and still eat as much as we want.

i certainly get grouchy hormonally. and sleep is important. we are too not the waltons to be able to live in town. actually no. we're prob pretty exemplary now the exhubby has gone. i still like my peace and quiet and we are incredibly lucky in that we're in the boonies but not isolated. getting very much less so now tourist season has started.

so........journal entry OMG!!!

exercise
      doing pretty good. deadlifting 85kgs now 4x. no that is a lie. almost twice with normal grip. and by almost i mean about 2" below full pick up. and 2x with alternating grip.
      lunging 33.5kgs x2 for 10 paces > than my body weight
      benched 40kgs properly once. 37.5kgs 3x.
      plus random other assorted things like cable cross unders, bench dips, single arm OH lunges with a 16kg dumbbell. i have to use 2 arms to press it overhead before i start LOL
      farmers walks with 2 x 36kg dumbbells. etc

being doing barbell compounds at home which is more like HIIT. and am thinking about working out some kind of weights program i can do off gym times.

still walking miles but more beach walking so the dog can run. still walking with him several times a week around the 6k block so he keeps his manners. beach is 5k return but i can go quicker and more balanced and it is more resistance.

food. venison and more venison. got a deer last weekend. have lowered the fat and upped the carbs. 4kgs of the LC incidious weight gain down. > 75% of the jeans collection fits again.

Comment

• hey seas... your favorite Python's gone now.... lol

Comment

• So glad you kept all those jeans, Seas Good work!
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            hey seas... your favorite Python's gone now.... lol
            Lol, toyed with doing the PM that was requested, thought I'd hang fire and see if someone else beat me to it....De bist too efficient Doc!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Lol, toyed with doing the PM that was requested, thought I'd hang fire and see if someone else beat me to it....De bist too efficient Doc!
              naaaah, I'm just up all night with nothing to do.... lol

Comment

• hey seas... your favorite Python's gone now.... lol
                aww thankyou for letting me know! all i need now is someone to repost the pic of Doc in tights to calm my poor frazzled nerves LOL

So glad you kept all those jeans, Seas Good work!
                OCD A is the answer to that one!

Gym was good today. i felt tired so only managed 1 deadlift at 85kgs instead of 4. i benched 40kgs. and did everything else. we're talking about me doing 3 sets of 10 or so deads at home every other day with 50kgs. which is all i can fit on the bar.
                i also want to sort out some stretching exercises i can do.
                food was vension and mushroom and edam omlette for breakfast.
                i did venison ( surprise! ) for lunch. slices of backstrap. i boiled and mashed a potato and a kumara. meanwhile deglazed the venison pan which prob would have had 1/2 tsp of butter if that to fry it in with some venison broth. i sliced a zucchini and some frozen peas into the broth. cooked till the zucchini was done. added some chopped fresh coriander. poured the venison stock and veges on top of the mashed potato and kumara and then put the backstrap pieces on top.
                a handful of seedless grapes on the way to the gym. the kids snaffled the rest while i was at the gym so i couldnt eat them when i was finished.
                dinner was baked lamb backstraps, greek salad ( which was more salad as the kids stole the feta and olives ) and some baked potato wedges. then i had to have some more baked venison as i was still hungry.

also did 6ks with the dog at lunch. he has so far eaten today. 6 raw chicken drumsticks plus the bone out of one he stole off the cat, 200g raw chicken hearts, a whole raw headless medium sized rabbit he stole off the cat and a few pieces of lamb and venison backstraps. he doesnt even look noticeably stuffed lol

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                  aww thankyou for letting me know! all i need now is someone to repost the pic of Doc in tights to calm my poor frazzled nerves LOL

OCD A is the answer to that one!

Gym was good today. i felt tired so only managed 1 deadlift at 85kgs instead of 4. i benched 40kgs. and did everything else. we're talking about me doing 3 sets of 10 or so deads at home every other day with 50kgs. which is all i can fit on the bar.
                  i also want to sort out some stretching exercises i can do.
                  food was vension and mushroom and edam omlette for breakfast.
                  i did venison ( surprise! ) for lunch. slices of backstrap. i boiled and mashed a potato and a kumara. meanwhile deglazed the venison pan which prob would have had 1/2 tsp of butter if that to fry it in with some venison broth. i sliced a zucchini and some frozen peas into the broth. cooked till the zucchini was done. added some chopped fresh coriander. poured the venison stock and veges on top of the mashed potato and kumara and then put the backstrap pieces on top.
                  a handful of seedless grapes on the way to the gym. the kids snaffled the rest while i was at the gym so i couldnt eat them when i was finished.
                  dinner was baked lamb backstraps, greek salad ( which was more salad as the kids stole the feta and olives ) and some baked potato wedges. then i had to have some more baked venison as i was still hungry.

also did 6ks with the dog at lunch. he has so far eaten today. 6 raw chicken drumsticks plus the bone out of one he stole off the cat, 200g raw chicken hearts, a whole raw headless medium sized rabbit he stole off the cat and a few pieces of lamb and venison backstraps. he doesnt even look noticeably stuffed lol
                  lol... I can't imagine that a pictue of my would calm anyone's nerves.... cause a nervous breakdown more likely!

Comment

• i always have had eclectic tastes in men. and oh no. you want a nervous breakdown, you go look one page back in your journal and imagine finding that cavorting around your bedroom. it would only be funny if it wasnt happening to me lol

Comment

i always have had eclectic tastes in men. and oh no. you want a nervous breakdown, you go look one page back in your journal and imagine finding that cavorting around your bedroom. it would only be funny if it wasnt happening to me lol
                      If he was cavorting nekid in my bedroom, he may get shot.... even if he was alone....

Comment

• i would have to unlock the pump action shot gun, then go unlock the cartridges out of the bullet safe and then think of a very convincing excuse as to why i was shooting him. home invasion is not deemed a good reason. we dont have the right to bear arms here. they are very precious about who gets licenses and how guns and bullets are stored so absolutely zero good as weapons of self defence. my best bet would be to either use the unloaded shotgun as a cosh or get the dog to bail him while i climbed out the window and went for help. dog is capable of following me out of the window on command once i am out and the kids are well capable of climbing out of their window too!

Comment

i would have to unlock the pump action shot gun, then go unlock the cartridges out of the bullet safe and then think of a very convincing excuse as to why i was shooting him. home invasion is not deemed a good reason. we dont have the right to bear arms here. they are very precious about who gets licenses and how guns and bullets are stored so absolutely zero good as weapons of self defence. my best bet would be to either use the unloaded shotgun as a cosh or get the dog to bail him while i climbed out the window and went for help. dog is capable of following me out of the window on command once i am out and the kids are well capable of climbing out of their window too!
                          yeah, That would pose a problem...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            yeah, That would pose a problem...
                            Unless it was John Cleese....

Our gun laws are much the same, only know one bloke who's got a gun license, too much like a pain in the arse having spoken to him, what with all the legislation!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Unless it was John Cleese....

Our gun laws are much the same, only know one bloke who's got a gun license, too much like a pain in the arse having spoken to him, what with all the legislation!
                              looks like I'm not moving to NZ OR the UK....

Comment

• we're all armed to the teeth. but we are all licensed and it is generally just .22s, shotguns and varying types of larger calibre rifles for shooting things like deer or cattle beasts. i think they are more understanding in a rural area as we have rabbits to shoot and deer to stalk etc. we are also only allowed certain types of firearm on a normal license. you need special extensions for fully automatic military style guns and hand guns. i also dont think you are allowed to use them anywhere other than a pistol range. i had to have the police check me on their computer, provide several people to say i was of sound mind, do a safetly course.

Comment

Working...
                                X