No announcement yet.

seaweed journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and your abs i reckon as you steer with your abs. you can really focus on the way up and use your adductors more too. usually i am simply trying to not fall down any pot holes or injure my ankle again as it is too dark to see anything at all at this time of year. so it is at least good mental exercise too.

Comment

• Fair play, apart from the dicing with death bit, sounds a bit of a idyllic life.

Wouldn't know a letter box in me front door any other way!

And It's illegal to shoot swans over here!

Comment

• i did see a white swan in the nelson harbour when i was away fishing. black swans arent native. i have looked this year as i am not shooting any game birds, but i know last year we were allowed 5 a day in the bag. they are rumoured to not be very tasty and i have seen what devoted parents they are so i would be loathe to eat one unless it was roadkill. and i was hungry enough to be curious. i love that painting swan upping by stanley spencer.

life can be idyllic. it is what you make of it. i have heard plenty of people moaning their asses off about the weather etc etc. and i dont really want them all at my beach, collecting the kai moana and driving around shooting the waterfowl as i quite like the peace and tranquility. i only joke about dicing with death. there are sharks and there are somewhat bad tempered marine mammals, not to mention rips and currents. pretty standard stuff with it being an ocean. you are statistically more likely to be hit by a tow truck on the way there than being got by any of those hazards LOL

Comment

• Still sounds pretty good to me, not an expert but the rips seem to get a few, people always underestimated um, well they do over here!

You don't wants to be road kill yourself, the truck can't eat you, 'spose the driver could?!

Comment

• he was polite as he knew he had crashed into me!!! virtually all the neighbours have had someone, usually not another neighbour, crash into them on the roads around here. which is effectively "on the way to the beach". i dont know anyone local who has been eaten by a shark or got towed out by a rip and drowned. quite a few of us have had incidents with marine mammals in the water but no one i know has been injured by them.

Comment

• today my paper copy of pushing the limits arrived. i am stunned at the efficiency of the postal service. i have only had a flick thru as i have been working but i will start reading it properly tonight.

Comment

• Any chance of a review, once you nosed your way through it, please?

Only thing is, NZ Amazon is about the only place you can get a hard copy (or so I've found), so it'd probably be cheaper to buy a Kindle & download it, than pay the postage from half the world away!

Comment

• i got mine from dragon door which is in the states. we'd be lucky to get anything like that here! i have leafed thru and scan read parts. it is very coffee book. beautiful pics. lots of different exercise ideas and different progressions to BBY. the chapters on troubleshooting the pistol squat and owning the one arm push up are good. there's lots more practical advice than in BBY too. what i really need to do now is work out how to use it. i was totally rinsed last night so i will look today. from what i can tell at first read, it is very loose in the actual exercise plan sense. total opposite to BBY. bearing in mind i am motivated enough to still crawl 6k a day when i cant walk and i have exercised for years, it will be interesting to see how i find it. my suspicion is i will poss have to do my own program from it. poss based on BBY as that works. i guess too the contrast is the guy who wrote BBY trains the military. they arent really supposed to think that much whereas Al is far more independant so you have far more in PTL in terms of information around the exercises and progressions too.

Comment

• Hi seaweed,

Hows everything been going? Whats your diet been like?

Cool your looking into doing calisthenics! Al's books are definitely pretty cool. What is BBY? I wrote up a bodyweight routine for Yogabear and she has it postef in the COY journal. Might be something you could get into.

Comment

• Hi Zach. Thankyou for visiting my journal. BBY is Body by You by Mark Lauren. I've been at it for about 5 or 6 weeks now and have progressed well. my body has tightened alot too. i absolutely love body weight exercises and if you do them and try, they are far higher intensity than any nasty big weights i do. and i do try at the gym lol dietwise i have been into the protein with a carb up day once a week when i am pretty much pesce-vege. loads of fruit, tubers, seafood and lattes. Lots more carbs was fine for about a few weeks and then, i started to fade. kinda like too much protein and fat. my body tolerance seems to be 2 weeks and then it all just gets hard physically and mentally. what i have learnt is i need to keep it mixed up. catch it when it starts to get hard work and change something both training and dietwise. right now i am feeling awesome and leaning out some so i am happy. i've caught it a few times and it is working. work in progress really.

i will check out the COY journal. My current plan is rest day today other than i had a swift sprint up the hill a couple of times first thing coz i wanted to and i will go for a gentle walk around the 6k block. tomorrow i am weight training. over the next 2 days i will read Al's book properly. i had small children all over me trying to do one armed press ups and box jumps last night when i was trying to read it lol which is awesome as they need to be able to do it all and keep at it. i will formulate a plan and post it and monitor how it goes.

Comment

• Thats great! Glad your figuring out what works for you.

Comment

• it is a bit hit and miss some days but the main thing i have worked out is to keep the calories up as i exercise too much to do anything below probably 1600 cals. i can do it and i lose weight fast but after about 4 or 5 days i crash. i am also getting hungry now which i never did. i just ate coz i thought i was sposed to or i was bored or i was stressed or obsessed lol now i am getting far better at feeling hungry and acting accordingly. i am more able to concentrate on tasks and see them thru too which is huge. yay for getting an edge on the ADD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            Any chance of a review, once you nosed your way through it, please?

Only thing is, NZ Amazon is about the only place you can get a hard copy (or so I've found), so it'd probably be cheaper to buy a Kindle & download it, than pay the postage from half the world away!
                            Unfortunately they don't have any if Al's books, but it's always good to check http://www.bookdepository.com

Free shipping worldwide.

How much did you pay for BBY, Seas? They have the paperback for $17.65 delivered. The downside is it normally takes 1 to 2 weeks to arrive in NZ.

I'm contemplating getting this http://www.bookdepository.com/Becomi.../9781936608584

But that'll have to wait til after my holiday :-(
                            If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                            If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• i got Al's book from dragon door but via amazon.com and i got my BBY off fishpond and it was about $17 all up. you can get the supple leopard book off fishpond too for a smidgen under $60. have you seen it M? what is it like? i am trying to work alot more on suppleness and ROM. i can assisted pistol and do a negative but it is hard on my left side. typically too i get one sided injuries. my ankles incidents are always on the left, my right ITB always plagues me and my left rotator cuff. i've made huge inroads into getting better but i am always looking for more ideas in that dept.

Comment

• Kelly Starett is a pro. Check out his site, mobilitywod.com.

For you kiwis, why dont you just get the ebook versions? Theres a free cloud reader for computer if you dont have a ereader.

Comment

Working...
                                X