No announcement yet.

seaweed journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a good day at the gym. no other exercise worth speaking of. so i did the usual and added in some lunges. i did 3 sets of 20. that is 10 on each leg = 20. with only a measly pair of 18kg dumbbells. booo!!! the idea was to see what the ankle did. well it did. and was fine. maybe a smidgen of a wobble on the last 3 of the 60 which is not too bad. i did notice that walking lunges are a tad like riding a motorcycle, you look where you want to go. if you look down, you do wobble. but not from any stress from the weight. just sucky balance. then i had a go at overhead squat which is a fascinating exercise. it is more full body than the back squat i reckon as you have so much more going on. you wont do anywhere near as much weight so it prob isnt as much of a strenght exercise as such. it's not in my strength training anatomy book either. tried the 20 kg bar and nearly fell over LOL it was incredibly funny. we decided discretion was the better part of valour and as i dont usually quit, we went and found the 10kg bar. which was kinda like using a broom stick but you get the technique without the danger of overbalancing and taking yourself or an innocent bystander out. you need to go real low. until you can feel your butt bones are protruding. then back up. i made my personal trainer try and he couldnt go anywhere near as low as me. he is one week out from a major comp so i am letting him off LOL once you get the technique, you just bump up the weight each set in about 2.5kg increments. i got to 15kgs. but had done 3 sets of 10 @ 10kgs. then supersetted my single leg lying hammy curls with 2 x 10 @ 12.5 kg and then 1 x 10 @ 15kg. you real need to concentrate on balancing the bar and holding the core strong but i reckon i could do 20kgs. my good mornings with the 35kg bar were easy this week so go the one legged warriors holding overhead weight!

Comment

• Had to chuckle at the O/H squat bit, for obvious reasons, never again!! Good on the ankle as well.

Comment

• LOL!!! i am hugely pleased about the ankle especially after that horror story from the guy who had the bone around the fracture die and needed to op with the drill. i havent seen him recently but i will wave my non cankle at him next time. i just wont run in case i look funny but visually now, it looks the same. i spot my ankles in the mirror while i am doing good mornings or squats at the gym to distract me. so it is a good guage as i only study them once a week.

Comment

• I really do need a short sharp swift kick up the jacksee
          Gwamma, even though we both speak our version of English, I think that when we meet, we'll need translation books!

As always, sea, you both inspire me and put me to shame.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• jacksee = derriere = bottomus = maximus gluteaus = arse !!!!!! EASY !!!!!
            "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• after me running in the pitch darkness for a mile every morning on a newly graded road, i decided the ankle felt a bit sore this morning so i bunked off. gym day anyways. and i managed 3 sets of 20 walking lunges with 2 x 21kg dumbbells. woohoo!!! i was doing 3 x 20 at 2 x 23kgs and i could lunge 2 x 26kgs before i stuffed the ankle so working my way back up. the hardest bit tho is still the grip to carry that much weight for that amount of time. did some OH squats. 17.5 kgs on the bar. i tried the 20kg bar, after i'd done my 3 sets of 10 @ 17.5 and i could do it. so 20 kgs next time after the warm up set. i supersetted my chin ups with dumbbell bench press. 2 x 13kg dumbells. 5 sets of 10. not one of my better ideas, but i got thru LOL

Comment

• Hiya Seas - I will miss our little chats - if I cannot get internet over the sea and far away............ promise me that you will be good - and if not - ring Doc !!!!!!!!
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• LOL like he will be of assistance in making me behave! you have an awesome holiday and we will miss you too x

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
                    LOL like he will be of assistance in making me behave! you have an awesome holiday and we will miss you too x
                    Since I find it hard to behave myself.... good point! Blind leading the blind..... falling in the ditch and getting all dirty kinda sounds like fun! lol

Comment

• I'm half blind today... and possibly for the next few(due to a slight accident). I'll try to be of service!
                      And also fumble terribly at typing... GAHHHHH!
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                        I'm half blind today... and possibly for the next few(due to a slight accident). I'll try to be of service!
                        And also fumble terribly at typing... GAHHHHH!
                        Didya try to poke your eye out or sumfin?

Yeah one handed typing is difficult....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Didya try to poke your eye out or sumfin?

Yeah one handed typing is difficult....
                          A sword of a water iris ATTACKED me!
                          The tip jabbed me right in the left eye when i bent over my water garden.
                          Seriously the worst eye injury I've ever had... I had to pad it shut with a bandage/eye patch.
                          (Arrrrrggggh!)
                          It seems to just keep hurting worse instead of feeling better. And sometimes my eye moves and it's like I JUST got jabbed all over again.
                          I might even end up in an actual eye doctors office over it, though cornea scratches are suppose to heal in a day or two, so I'm not rushing.
                          Meh!

But at least I'm officially a pirate now.
                          Jabbed in the eye by a sword and wearing an eye patch...
                          I just call 'em how I see 'em, and that makes me a PIRATE!
                          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

A sword of a water iris ATTACKED me!
                            The tip jabbed me right in the left eye when i bent over my water garden.
                            Seriously the worst eye injury I've ever had... I had to pad it shut with a bandage/eye patch.
                            (Arrrrrggggh!)
                            It seems to just keep hurting worse instead of feeling better. And sometimes my eye moves and it's like I JUST got jabbed all over again.
                            I might even end up in an actual eye doctors office over it, though cornea scratches are suppose to heal in a day or two, so I'm not rushing.
                            Meh!

But at least I'm officially a pirate now.
                            Jabbed in the eye by a sword and wearing an eye patch...
                            I just call 'em how I see 'em, and that makes me a PIRATE!
                            all you need now is a tatoo and a parrot!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              all you need now is a tatoo and a parrot!
                              I have tatts!
                              And the bird made a tasty dinner last time we were shipwrecked.
                              ARGGG!
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I have tatts!
                                And the bird made a tasty dinner last time we were shipwrecked.
                                ARGGG!
                                Tatts? cool..... Just another reason to like you! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X