B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    That's awesome! Some folks might not get the achievement of working full time while going to school, but I appreciate it very much. You raised a good one. (Are there more? I haven't read about them, so brag here if you want - I love to hear about people's kids.)
    I've got two other excellent ones!

My oldest, a son, is currently maritime law enforcement in the Coast Guard. He gets to rappel out of helicopters into drug running boats... etc. But he just passed the test to be an Army helicopter pilot, so he'll be going to 'chopper school in January or February.

Our other kid, youngest daughter, has her bachelor's degree and plans on getting more schooling to be a university-level English professor. Currently her further education plans are on hold while she supports her husband who's going through nursing school.

Our son is about 75% primal; the two girls are 95% paleo. All three are fitness freaks like their mom! All three kids are wonderful, Sweetie and I are proud of them all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      I've got two other excellent ones!

My oldest, a son, is currently maritime law enforcement in the Coast Guard. He gets to rappel out of helicopters into drug running boats... etc. But he just passed the test to be an Army helicopter pilot, so he'll be going to 'chopper school in January or February.

Our other kid, youngest daughter, has her bachelor's degree and plans on getting more schooling to be a university-level English professor. Currently her further education plans are on hold while she supports her husband who's going through nursing school.

Our son is about 75% primal; the two girls are 95% paleo. All three are fitness freaks like their mom! All three kids are wonderful, Sweetie and I are proud of them all!
      Three good ones! You have my admiration. I figure that since I didn't have any, I owe a bit of thanks to those who take the plunge and create good citizens.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

But most of the thoughts were about life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit. End of year thoughts. Where do I want to be in six months, this time next year? It was nice, and something I can really only do when I walk. When I’m indoors, there’s always something to distract me. Whether it’s watching TV shows, or doing crossword puzzles, or exercising, or chores, it doesn’t afford me the kind of time I need to just be pensive. Even when I try indoors, I end up making lists. But when I do it when I walk, I make plans, I visualize what I want. I think it makes it more real to my brain.

Then when I get home I make a list.
        Joanie, I totally get the concept of pensive walking and end of year thoughts. I was feeling very blue today despite the gorgeousness of the weather. So I went for a nature walk, and found myself quite teary, but still it was very therapeutic. I just realised that I even made a couple of lists when I got home too. But they were just imminent to do lists - groceries and pre-Christmas tasks.
        Annie Ups the Ante
        http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Hi Joanie! That's really about all I got this evening but always enjoy your blog so much.
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
            Joanie, I totally get the concept of pensive walking and end of year thoughts. I was feeling very blue today despite the gorgeousness of the weather. So I went for a nature walk, and found myself quite teary, but still it was very therapeutic. I just realised that I even made a couple of lists when I got home too. But they were just imminent to do lists - groceries and pre-Christmas tasks.
            Annie, I have those teary walks also. But it's okay because I know that whatever brought it means I wasn't being distracted by busy-work type stuff.

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
            Hi Joanie! That's really about all I got this evening but always enjoy your blog so much.
            Thank you! It's always good to see you. I know you're busy with your new promotion and your cutey patootey boyfriend. Lucky you!
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Just pics

Deleted by me.
              Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:06 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

I don't really have much to post about Sunday. But these two pics remind me of each other for some reason:

Aren't y'all glad I waited 'til after Halloween and Thanksgiving were over?
                That turkey looks like a Turducken....

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                  Hi Joanie! That's really about all I got this evening but always enjoy your blog so much.
                  And me!

That pumpkin is inspired....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    And me!

Apparently has had a bit too much pumpkin scrumpy....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Lol, that'd do it for me an' all....

Comment

I don't really have much to post about Sunday. But these two pics remind me of each other for some reason:

Aren't y'all glad I waited 'til after Halloween and Thanksgiving were over?
                        Gack! Me too...
                        Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          That turkey looks like a Turducken....
                          That's what it is alright. I was just so surprised that Costco, which usually is pretty good about how they market a product, would post a pic of it that looked like it was puking. LOL. As a note, the ratings on this thing are all over the place, but people seem to love or hate it. Almost as many one-star ratings as five-star.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          And me!

Thanks. I've had that pic for so long, and when I saw that turduckhen, I had to find it. And share.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          Lol, that'd do it for me an' all....
                          What is scrumpy? Are you all talking in code again?

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                          Gack! Me too...
                          I used to think turduckhen would be a great idea. Then I started thinking that both chicken and turkey are pretty pedestrian, while duck is a bit of a treat. Now maybe a quail inside a duck inside a pig... (QuaDuckOink?)

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I made my own turduckhen breast rolls using pate and bacon bits in one and gluten free Grand Marnier soaked apricot stuffing in the other. After rolling them up, I smoked them. It was pretty tasty and looked way better than that one.

Scrumpy is some sort of hard cider, I think. Dave picked it up at the Farmers market. You need to be better at stalking!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                              I made my own turduckhen breast rolls using pate and bacon bits in one and gluten free Grand Marnier soaked apricot stuffing in the other. After rolling them up, I smoked them. It was pretty tasty and looked way better than that one.

Scrumpy is some sort of hard cider, I think. Dave picked it up at the Farmers market. You need to be better at stalking!
                              Those sound really fantastic - not at all like the ones sold at the store.

Question: When you smoke them, don't the rolling papers get all greasy from the duck?

Thanks for the scrumpy info. D'ey shaw tawk funny. <-- Trying terribly to make that a Brooklyn accent because I could never replicate Dave's accent at all.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Those sound really fantastic - not at all like the ones sold at the store

Question: When you smoke them, don't the rolling papers get all greasy from the duck?
                                I have never had a store bought turducken that I liked but I was fascinated by the idea of it. That is why I decided to try and make one.

And EVERYONE knows that you put the duck on the inside for just that reason!

Comment

Working...
                                X