B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    It'd let you now when he's, err 'ready'...

Gotta be the bladder of something like a boar....

Or something like this...
    Cow Horn Drinking Horn | Viking Drinking Horn

Comment

• theses are interesting....

Creature Cups | Uncrate

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        It’s funny how things can come back to bite you.

One of my favorite people on the planet and I are about as far away from each other in religious beliefs as two people can be. Unlike the internet, however, we can have discussions without calling each other names or disrespecting each other.

One of our discussions was that I felt the Catholic Church could do itself a big favor (in membership numbers) by being less rule driven and more love driven. It already has absolution, so love should be a good concept. I also felt it should relax its stance on birth control. Telling people to be fruitful and multiply was a great idea when the population of the planet was about the population of today’s Texas. But for Heaven’s sake, we were fruitful and we multiplied beyond all reason. Enough already.

He felt that when churches relax their stance too much, they lose the essence of (for a lack of a better word on my part) holiness and stop being the moral compass of the particular community. We went back and forth, neither of us changed our opinion, and our affection for each other didn’t wane.

There’s a point to this, I promise. So, now I’m reading about this “new” paleo which includes beans and maybe some whole grains. I’m no hundred-percenter. You can’t love distilled spirits as much as I and consider yourself a true cave girl. But heck, I don’t see any health benefits in adding beans and whole grains to the paleo model.

What I do see, and I can respect it from a business perspective, is profit motive. For all the people who “can’t give up bread,” or the people who need to do things all or nothing, the broader you make the guidelines, the more people can beat their chests and call themselves paleo. This creates a larger pool of consumers for the products that will surely come.

And you can see it in the thread. It’s more workable. It makes more sense. Blah blah. Exactly. Because eating paleo/primal is so restrictive what with the almost limitless types of animals and plants on the planet.

But an anteater in a white dress isn’t a bride. And if whole grains and legumes are included, it’s just healthy CW. Add back the whole “the carb curve is stupid,” group, and now it’s just almost healthy CW. Whatever.

So, now I get it. Sure the Catholic Church could become more lenient. And it would probably get a whole bunch of new parishioners who were looking for an easy fix. And lose a bunch who were willing to do the work. (I still disagree on the birth control though.
        Joanie, this is one of my favorite posts from you ever. Back when there was some thread discussing names and labels regarding Primal, this was - and still is - exactly my personal stance, but it is the metaphor I couldn't manage to bring together. Actually, it is also a super piece on conservative religion as well. Thank you for posting this, and to you and your friend for the conversation that caused it.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          sooooo totally primal that way! And you quaff this rich beverage from what vessel?
          Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          It'd let you now when he's, err 'ready'...

Gotta be the bladder of something like a boar....
          Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          theses are interesting....

Creature Cups | Uncrate
          Those creature cups are too cute! Boar bladder sounds about right. You know, those Cajuns are industrious folks. They eat off the land, right down to the beavers and nutria. I'm sure they've come up with something one can dip into a gator head to get the delicious elixer. *cough*

Those cow horns are a smart idea. I've picked up a few skulls and horns in Mexico for almost nothing, then sold them to retailers for a nice profit, then they made a profit. IOW, that $25 horn probably started out at about $2.50 in Mexico.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
          Joanie, this is one of my favorite posts from you ever. Back when there was some thread discussing names and labels regarding Primal, this was - and still is - exactly my personal stance, but it is the metaphor I couldn't manage to bring together. Actually, it is also a super piece on conservative religion as well. Thank you for posting this, and to you and your friend for the conversation that caused it.
          Thank you, Crabby, for such kind words.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• December 5, 2013 (Thursday)

Deleted by me.
            Last edited by JoanieL; 03-03-2014, 09:00 PM.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I vote for you making a lovely cioppino. You can add all sorts lovely seafood and fishies. Serve it with some extra chewy sourdough bread and you will need a cigarette when you are done. Your other ideas sound pretty yummy, too.

Too bad you are so far away or I could give you more lemons then you would ever want. I have tons and so do all the neighbors so I am thinking of ways to use them up. Freezing the juice and making curds and marmalade are on the list. Thinking of drying some too along with some zest.

The Swifer extended handle thingy makes cleaning the ceiling fan quick and easy. I am for anything that makes cleaning faster and easier.

Comment

• Mmm... cioppino and sourdough. Some champagne. Sounds wonderful. I could even go outside after and enjoy some tequila and a cigar. A post-foodal smoke.

I didn't think of the swiffer. I've let them go awhile - they run almost all the time. I might have to do a big clean, then keep them clean with the swiffer. Good idea. Much better than my idea of getting someone in to do my windows and ceiling fans.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  A post-foodal smoke.
                  J count me in for a post-foodle smoke.
                  When i was at otago uni- many a year ago.............. We used to smoke these huge cigars when we went out. We thought that we looked cool, however i think that we looked like absolute dicks!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                    When i was at otago uni- many a year ago.............. We used to smoke these huge cigars when we went out. We thought that we looked cool, however i think that we looked like absolute dicks!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    And i am sorry if i have offended any dicks out there!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

I thought your made a typo.... I was thinking your meant to say ducks......

Comment

• No just dicks !!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Actually talking about dicks........ It brings a story to mind...........
                          A few months ago we had 6 lambs processed and we gave most of it to the neighbours whom we have been grazing their land.
                          Eldest, and the two grand babies popped over to one neighbour. Eldest stayed in the car as I knocked at the door with the meat.
                          Anyhoo this guy arrived at the door in his grundies................ Its very hard to look a man in the face when he is presenting to you his jewels in a package at his front door........
                          So i get back into the car, laughing as one would After being presented with this humdinger...... And eldest said.......... i see that Dick had his Richard out..........
                          ...i very nearly wet my panties that day !!!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

Actually talking about dicks........ It brings a story to mind...........
                            A few months ago we had 6 lambs processed and we gave most of it to the neighbours whom we have been grazing their land.
                            Eldest, and the two grand babies popped over to one neighbour. Eldest stayed in the car as I knocked at the door with the meat.
                            Anyhoo this guy arrived at the door in his grundies................ Its very hard to look a man in the face when he is presenting to you his jewels in a package at his front door........
                            So i get back into the car, laughing as one would After being presented with this humdinger...... And eldest said.......... i see that Dick had his Richard out..........
                            Lol, weren't it something to hang the bag on then....

Comment

For some reason, this is NOT surprising! lol

Wait.... you wear panties? Crikey... I thought you were a commando Gwamma! j/k....

Comment

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                                I thought your made a typo.... I was thinking your meant to say ducks......
                                No just dicks !!!!!!!!!!
                                I'm not perfectly sure, but I think by definition dicks don't get offended. Ducks on the other hand have very tender feelings.

LMAO! Are grundies a contraction for grungy undies?

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Lol, weren't it something to hang the bag on then....
                                For some reason, this is NOT surprising! lol

Wait.... you wear panties? Crikey... I thought you were a commando Gwamma! j/k....
                                Men! Well, some men... I'll never forget the guy who lived near us in Indian Rocks Beach. Constantly walking around in flip flops and a Speedo. Skinny, pot belly, three-legged dog, Speedo - quite the character. We used to call him The Olive Smuggler. Hopefully he was a grower, 'cuz he sure wasn't a show-er.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X