Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Brilliant prediction Joanie.................. I is up for it !!!!!!!!
    G, I figure one of two things will happen.

    1. I'll fly there. NZ looks so beautiful and apparently, the people just rock! If I can stash the cash, I'd love to just sublet my apt for a few months and do NZ, Italy, Spain, and India. That's a dream, but NZ and one other place is totally doable.

    2. You'll love the U.S. so much and have so much fun, you'll just have to return to see the southern part of the country. (Fly into LAX. See Paleobird and Derp. Drive through Vegas and eat at 5-star restaurants. Maybe even renew your vows with an Elvis impersonator officiating. Maybe hit Arizona for a helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon. Then to New Orleans for debauchery in the Quarter, a ferry ride across the Mississippi, and some cemetery tours. And a visit with me of course. Then off to Florida for Disney World (might as well see it once), a visit to Cori, the Everglades, Key West, and Miami. Fly out of Miami International.)

    Either way, I stand by my prediction.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 04-25-2013, 06:01 AM. Reason: grammar
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

    Comment


    • thank you Joanie - i will start saving now - in fact 18 year old Daughter - who will come home with us in June, because she has finished her tour, loves your country sssssoooooo much that I envisage American grandchildren (plural)......... now to find me a nice TALL son-in-law..................
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

      ...small steps....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
        now to find me a nice TALL son-in-law..................
        how old are you Derp ??????????????
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

        ...small steps....

        Comment


        • The thing most people don't realize about NOLA, and along the coast and down south here is that Yes, it's hot. But it's also THICK. It can be hot kind of like that out in AZ, NM, or Las Vegas... So Cal... but not the thickness. The HUMIDITY.

          The kind of heat where it's already 90degrees and 98% humidity at 8am... you walk outside and can literally feel the air wrap around you like a damp blanket. You can feel the heaviness in your lungs when you breathe.

          And there is no such thing as cool... sweat for cooling off doesn't really work in humidity because the air is too moist. You are just sweaty and hot, and any air that blows is just damp and hot. And it never cools off at night, so there is no reprieve unlike up north a bit.

          All that said... I adjusted to it quite quickly and I like it.
          I moved to Bilouxi, MS from TN in 1997... and have only lived away from the Gulf Coast/FL area for 1 year since then.
          I spent that year cold and miserable in Central Cali near Lompoc/Santa Maria on Vandenburg AFB.
          I prefer being hot to being cold. Heat is good! LOL
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

          Comment


          • I have to spend my first summer in New Jersey, and I'm getting ready for that kind of humidity too (used to live in East Texas)... Last year a friend from Tamil Nadu (southernmost India) said it was the hottest and stickiest he's ever been here in central NJ. So far it's only gotten up to 80ish for two days this year, sixties these days. Thoughts Joanie?

            Comment


            • LOL...

              After a couple of summers in Jersey... spend a summer in NOLA.
              You'll happily go back up north and think about how wrong you were about how hot and humid you thought it was.
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

              Comment


              • Ok, that makes me feel much better. Because I HAVE been to Lafayette in the middle of summer, and, DAMN.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  how old are you Derp ??????????????
                  I think Derp is about twice your daughter's age. However, hindsight being 20/20, I wish I'd married a man twice my age when I was young. I'd be spending his retirement savings now.

                  Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  The thing most people don't realize about NOLA, and along the coast and down south here is that Yes, it's hot. But it's also THICK. It can be hot kind of like that out in AZ, NM, or Las Vegas... So Cal... but not the thickness. The HUMIDITY.

                  The kind of heat where it's already 90degrees and 98% humidity at 8am... you walk outside and can literally feel the air wrap around you like a damp blanket. You can feel the heaviness in your lungs when you breathe.

                  And there is no such thing as cool... sweat for cooling off doesn't really work in humidity because the air is too moist. You are just sweaty and hot, and any air that blows is just damp and hot. And it never cools off at night, so there is no reprieve unlike up north a bit.

                  All that said... I adjusted to it quite quickly and I like it.
                  I moved to Bilouxi, MS from TN in 1997... and have only lived away from the Gulf Coast/FL area for 1 year since then.
                  I spent that year cold and miserable in Central Cali near Lompoc/Santa Maria on Vandenburg AFB.
                  I prefer being hot to being cold. Heat is good! LOL
                  You're sure correct about the humidity factor. It can be down right oppressive. I lived in Indian Rocks Beach for a bunch of years, but we were like three blocks from the Gulf which meant we got the breeze. I couldn't have imagined living in downtown Tampa - argh.

                  Originally posted by Khainag View Post
                  I have to spend my first summer in New Jersey, and I'm getting ready for that kind of humidity too (used to live in East Texas)... Last year a friend from Tamil Nadu (southernmost India) said it was the hottest and stickiest he's ever been here in central NJ. So far it's only gotten up to 80ish for two days this year, sixties these days. Thoughts Joanie?
                  In the NE, it depends a lot on rural vs city. A lot. When I lived upstate (from ages 12-19) it could get hot, but it wasn't horrible. However, when I lived in Hoboken many years later and worked in Manhattan, all the concrete in the city would absorb the heat all day and you'd get those little "mirage" squiggles when you looked at the sidewalk. The old saying of it's hot enough to fry an egg was probably an overstatement, but it could get hot, especially at about 5-7 pm.

                  Still and all, the south gets really f***ing hot. Like stay in the house all day and pray you lose neither a/c or electricity hot.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                  B*tch-lite

                  Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                  Comment


                  • I Really Shouldn’t Read the News

                    Deleted by me.
                    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-20-2014, 12:48 AM. Reason: obvious
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                    B*tch-lite

                    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                    Comment


                    • If you're coming to FL... skip the most risque of the local "entertainment".
                      Florida "Zombie" Hooker Tries To Eat Man's Penis And Testicles | The News Burner
                      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
                      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

                      Comment


                      • Oh, Cori, I'm truly LMAO.

                        So much penis mutilation in the news. Could end times be far off? heh

                        Oh oh - I almost forgot: (from the linked news story)

                        just a hungry Orlando based escort that had just been wined and dined at Applebee’s.
                        No wonder she bit him. What was she working out of Escorts R Us? The Chamber of Commerce must be so proud. *still laughing*
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                        B*tch-lite

                        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                        Comment


                        • Joanie - I might just have to rate your journal *the best entertainment EVER*
                          I nearly wet the old "smalls" laughing so much !!!!! (AFWIW - they aint that small)
                          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

                          ...small steps....

                          Comment


                          • I'm probably too old for her Gwamma, but I'm in my mid 20s still, so not quite twice her age. I posted a picture on this forum, a bad one, from the DMV, that shows I still look pretty young for my age!

                            http://i.imgur.com/mLpUv.png

                            if you're interested
                            Make America Great Again

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              I'm probably too old for her Gwamma, but I'm in my mid 20s still, so not quite twice her age. I posted a picture on this forum, a bad one, from the DMV, that shows I still look pretty young for my age!

                              http://i.imgur.com/mLpUv.png

                              if you're interested
                              This looks like the face of a bad seed. I wouldn't let my daughter anywhere near this one, Gwamma.
                              Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ombat View Post
                                This looks like the face of a bad seed. I wouldn't let my daughter anywhere near this one, Gwamma.
                                Make America Great Again

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X