No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because I leave the house at 5am and often don't get home until 5pm on workdays, I have mastered the art of FAST, primal, yummy dinners. I keep my chopped onions in the freezer and then just dump the amount I want into whatever I'm cooking. By this method, I only have to chop onions once every three weeks or so, and that's a weekend task. I also chop hot peppers (chili, anaheim, serrano, etc.) the same way: a bunch at a time and then freeze them. I can make "all day simmer" chili in half an hour!

Comment

• Goldie - you rock, love that photie. My youngest swears that if you have the gas hob going, and chop onions, your eyes are spared!!!!!!!!!
      However havent really tried that one either, lookng for swimming googles..............
      Everyone needs a good cat!!!!!!!!!!! I think i have told the story before on MDA, that soon after john got bobbited, our cat bought a very phalic looking thing in and dumped it on the carpet. It was the only time any of our many cats have caught and half eaten an eel......... Funny that it had to be around that " hey i just chopped off my husbands penis and threw it out the window" era.
      And for the record, i would have fed the bloody thing to the dog - done - gone - no evidence left to fiddle around with !!!!!
      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Oh, Gwamma, I hadn't heard that one about the John Bobbitt eel! Funny!
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• The John Bobbitt eel roll would be a best seller at a Sushi bar.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
            I love Ron Swanson but he is flat out wrong on this one:

"Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless."

I have 12 lb terrier sitting on my lap at this moment and she is performing the very important job of keeping me warm!
            Amen!! And two 14 lb cats can keep you mighty warm if they snuggle on you just right...
            Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
              The John Bobbitt eel roll would be a best seller at a Sushi bar.
              Ha ha ha ha ha!! Ack!! Would not touch that with a 10 foot chopstick!!!
              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                Agreed. My mom's friend cared for a feral cat on her property for its whole life. When it died, she started getting rats gnawing into her porch to eat the bird seed.

Though I still want a wolfhound lol.
                Wolfhounds are such cuddle muffins. They look all regal and stuff, but they just want a belly rub like any other pooch.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                Because I leave the house at 5am and often don't get home until 5pm on workdays, I have mastered the art of FAST, primal, yummy dinners. I keep my chopped onions in the freezer and then just dump the amount I want into whatever I'm cooking. By this method, I only have to chop onions once every three weeks or so, and that's a weekend task. I also chop hot peppers (chili, anaheim, serrano, etc.) the same way: a bunch at a time and then freeze them. I can make "all day simmer" chili in half an hour!
                Very smart thinking!

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                Goldie - you rock, love that photie. My youngest swears that if you have the gas hob going, and chop onions, your eyes are spared!!!!!!!!!
                However havent really tried that one either, lookng for swimming googles..............
                Everyone needs a good cat!!!!!!!!!!! I think i have told the story before on MDA, that soon after john got bobbited, our cat bought a very phalic looking thing in and dumped it on the carpet. It was the only time any of our many cats have caught and half eaten an eel......... Funny that it had to be around that " hey i just chopped off my husbands penis and threw it out the window" era.
                And for the record, i would have fed the bloody thing to the dog - done - gone - no evidence left to fiddle around with !!!!!
                Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                Oh, Gwamma, I hadn't heard that one about the John Bobbitt eel! Funny!
                Gwamma, you are the funniest! My cats have caught all manner of rodents, rabbits, and birds, but an eel would be a shocker. Especially at that time. LOL

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                The John Bobbitt eel roll would be a best seller at a Sushi bar.
                Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                Ha ha ha ha ha!! Ack!! Would not touch that with a 10 foot chopstick!!!
                LMAO! Gotta wonder how that would be listed on the menu. "No real penises were damaged during the preparation of this roll."
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• A day late…

Deleted by me.
                  Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014, 05:36 AM.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    LMAO! Gotta wonder how that would be listed on the menu. "No real penises were damaged during the preparation of this roll."
                    Well, actually, the world would be a better place if my ex-husband no longer...

Eh, nevermind. I wouldn't even want to feed that to the dogs, let alone a sushi-lover.

Maybe to a shark.

Comment

• I thought the jelly fish machine was so cool! I love watching jelly fish, they are so fluid and graceful.

Try feeding me a pack of cards piece of meat and see what happens. It won't be pretty. I can eat more of it than my 6'3" husband.

I wish you were right about the liberal plant because I would like to think that no one is that obtuse. Sadly, it probably isn't because he sounds just like my brother. Doc did make a good point about not all Tea Party people being screaming loons like that so I am going stop generalizing and apologize to Doc since I respect him and find him not to be a loon. I am going to take a break from that thread for a while. To quote one of my favorite comedians, "you cain't fix stupid". It sounds much better when Ron White says it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                        Well, actually, the world would be a better place if my ex-husband no longer...

Eh, nevermind. I wouldn't even want to feed that to the dogs, let alone a sushi-lover.

Maybe to a shark.
                        LOL! I once heard that often, the things that attracted us to someone the first six weeks we knew them are the very things that make us leave them. Woman feeds ex's penis to sharks - police unable to retrieve evidence!

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        I thought the jelly fish machine was so cool! I love watching jelly fish, they are so fluid and graceful.

Try feeding me a pack of cards piece of meat and see what happens. It won't be pretty. I can eat more of it than my 6'3" husband.

I wish you were right about the liberal plant because I would like to think that no one is that obtuse. Sadly, it probably isn't because he sounds just like my brother. Doc did make a good point about not all Tea Party people being screaming loons like that so I am going stop generalizing and apologize to Doc since I respect him and find him not to be a loon. I am going to take a break from that thread for a while. To quote one of my favorite comedians, "you cain't fix stupid". It sounds much better when Ron White says it.
                        After Lewis Black, Ron White is the comedian with whom I'd most like to do evil despicable carnal activities. Not that I've thought about it much. He's hilarious, and no matter how many times I hear the tater tot routine, I LOL. But he's perfect physically - cigarette, booze, way tall enough to climb, and overweight (a big appetite for food = other big appetites in the JoaniePsyche).
                        Last edited by JoanieL; 11-25-2013, 01:19 PM. Reason: grammatical sloppiness

B*tch-lite

Comment

• LOL - popped into your journal Joanie, and your last post reminded me of this article:

Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over Paleo Diet

Hope you're good
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                            LOL - popped into your journal Joanie, and your last post reminded me of this article:

Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over Paleo Diet

Hope you're good
                            Hi YB! Good to see you.

I went over to the linked full article, and it's some funny stuff. The end of it is totally logical and funny at the same time.

Back in the lobby, Dr. Hoyes was busily collecting signatures for an even stronger gesture than the sigh to be held at the conference next year. “Were thinking of something big,” she explained, “like a statue of a Cro-Magnon eating a baguette.” The room burst into applause at his news.

When asked what she would tell people who wished to pursue a true paleolithic diet, Dr. Hoyes laughed harshly before replying. ”You really want to be paleo? Then don’t buy anything from a store. Gather and kill what you need to eat. Wild grasses and tubers, acorns, gophers, crickets- They all provide a lot of nutrition. You’ll spend a lot of energy gathering the stuff, of course, and you’re going to be hungry, but that’ll help you maintain that lean physique you’re after. And hunting down the neighbor’s cats for dinner because you’ve already eaten your way through the local squirrel population will probably give you all the exercise you’ll ever need.”

Summing up what many considered to be the main point of the entire conference, she told reporters:

“Look, the diet itself is sound; it’s the philosophy that’s bullshit. Eat what you want. Just leave the damn cavemen out of it.”
                            Source: Archaeologists Officially Declare Collective Sigh Over "Paleo Diet" | hell's ditch

I guess I can't get too upset if we are eating well, even though we tend to glorify Grok more than we should.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• November 25, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
                              Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014, 05:37 AM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Had to Goggle Tatsoi, something else I'd never heard of, oh well days not wasted if you've learnt something....

Joanie a wimpleflake, never! I'd bar hop 'till I found the one with the best fire....

And ya definately saved the most important news 'till last....

Comment

Working...
                                X