B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
    I worked full time while I was in law school and tried to have a life. I was always tired and grumpy. I don't know how Goldie did it with kids.
    I had (have) really good kids. And we were overseas at the time (master's classes on base from Univ. of Maryland), so there was a lot of family support for those of us with spouses in Special Ops. I was also pretty much primal then, too, so didn't have to deal with carb induced brain fog!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
      If it were free, I would get an art degree in metal working and jewelry design. I take classes now and then as time and the budget allow but they can be a little pricy.

I worked full time while I was in law school and tried to have a life. I was always tired and grumpy. I don't know how Goldie did it with kids.
      Also a tough road. I kind of don't know how anyone does anything with kids, but I skew to the lazy side of most bell curves.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      I had (have) really good kids. And we were overseas at the time (master's classes on base from Univ. of Maryland), so there was a lot of family support for those of us with spouses in Special Ops. I was also pretty much primal then, too, so didn't have to deal with carb induced brain fog!
      It's good to have both the support and good nutrition to let you perform well. Still, ultimately, you got it done, and that's damn commendable.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• November 23, 2013 (Saturday)

Deleted by me.
        Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014, 05:34 AM.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Ah those Ron Swansons made my day... I love him. Strangely haven't been watching Parks and Rec though...
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• I did not know who he was but those were great! I have to steal a couple of those!

My UPS driver likes to surprise me by where he leaves stuff but my favorite was a flat package that was left in front of the garage door. My husband drove over it. Amazon gave me my money back and I hope they stuck it to UPS. I guess walking to my front porch was too hard that day. FedEx always puts stuff in the same spot and if it is heavy will wait to see if I answer the door and will carry it inside for me. Freaked me out a little the first time but we have lots of older people in our neighborhood and he does that for everyone. Yes, I actually asked why he did it but nicely. Sad when we are so suspicious of good customer service.

Comment

• Our FedEx guy is great. When I'm home, he'll bring the package to me along with two dog treats for our Goldens. They love the FedEx truck to show up! He calls them "lion dogs".

The UPS guy, on the other hand, leaves our packages at other people's houses. And we have our house address above the garage, facing the street, in foot-high characters. ???

Comment

• Okay, Joanie, as promised... a pic of me chopping onions. I'm working on onion #5 and not a teardrop in sight!

Comment

• I think it just depends on the driver. For awhile, UPS was the good service here and Fed Ex sucked. Now Fed Ex finally has figured out that apartment bldgs have fronts and backs, and the UPS guy can't read. The thing is that with that kind of a job, no manager knows there's a problem unless the customer complains. Fortunately it's easy since they have websites.

There are so many under and unskilled people out of work - how do these schmucks get decent (though back-breaking) jobs?

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Love the glasses! Such a smart solution!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I love Ron Swanson but he is flat out wrong on this one:

"Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless."

I have 12 lb terrier sitting on my lap at this moment and she is performing the very important job of keeping me warm!
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Ha! That is a great picture!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                          Ha! That is a great picture!
                          $5.99 pair of swimming goggles is the perfect protection when chopping onions!

Comment

• Putting onions in the fridge works for me. I don't store them in the fridge, just toss a couple in there when I know I will need to finely dice a couple that are known to be very strong. I can forget that with sweet onion varieties - I am talking those deadly flattened Italian-German-Euro varieties. Those puppies are probably the source of some kind of military tear gas!
                            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              I love Ron Swanson but he is flat out wrong on this one:

"Any dog under fifty pounds is a cat and cats are useless."

I have 12 lb terrier sitting on my lap at this moment and she is performing the very important job of keeping me warm!
                              Yes that got me also. Because cats aren't useless. They kill all kinds of stuff that might come into the house uninvited.

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              Ha! That is a great picture!
                              Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              $5.99 pair of swimming goggles is the perfect protection when chopping onions!
                              It is awesome, and I think swimming goggles should now be considered part of a well-tooled kitchen.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                              Putting onions in the fridge works for me. I don't store them in the fridge, just toss a couple in there when I know I will need to finely dice a couple that are known to be very strong. I can forget that with sweet onion varieties - I am talking those deadly flattened Italian-German-Euro varieties. Those puppies are probably the source of some kind of military tear gas!
                              I store everything in the fridge partially because of location, but even when I lived north I did it because feeding only one or two people, stuff goes bad before I can use it if I don't.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Yes that got me also. Because cats aren't useless. They kill all kinds of stuff that might come into the house uninvited
                                Agreed. My mom's friend cared for a feral cat on her property for its whole life. When it died, she started getting rats gnawing into her porch to eat the bird seed.

Though I still want a wolfhound lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X