Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Yes J if ever there was an advertisement for the tonsil gag thread, that would be it. We all want to have a look now
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

    ...small steps....

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
      Must......resist.....finding......thread......

      Resistance is futile.

      * shakes fist and goes off in search *
      Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      Yes J if ever there was an advertisement for the tonsil gag thread, that would be it. We all want to have a look now
      LMAO! I have my tonsils either because Daddy was smart or cheap, I'll never know which now. But I've never had dingleberries hanging off of them. *shudder*

      Update on basil syrup. So delish. I put a half-teaspoon of the basil syrup into a three oz shot and it's delicious.

      The apple gallate. Meh. Baked goods just don't do it for me anymore. I never thought I'd say that.

      What I had delivered tonight:
      lemons - omg - they're as big as small grapefruits
      satsumas - yum
      butter - this is the best butter in the world and if the whole world disappeared tomorrow, I could still get the calories to live from this most delicious food
      grass fed ground and stew beef - a staple
      spicy copa - expensive, but it looks fantastic. I may have to take a trip to Whole Foods to find a cheese worthy of its salty delicious goodness
      the apple galette
      marinara sauce - love this stuff, and not an HFCS in sight
      sweet potatoes
      turnips - what can you say about roots?
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

      B*tch-lite

      Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

      Comment


      • You booty of bountiful goodness sounds amazing! I had the best basil cucumber martini once in San Francisco. Actually I had it three times in one night because it was so yummy. I don't usually drink and we were out with my husband's boss and his wife. I swear a lot when I drink. They thought I was funny and cute. Good thing.

        I found the FDA article interesting. They are basically going to declare that transfats are food additives and therefore, under the control of the FDA. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

        Don't have your tonsils out at 34 is all I have to say about that. Oh and that thread is icky!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
          You booty of bountiful goodness sounds amazing! I had the best basil cucumber martini once in San Francisco. Actually I had it three times in one night because it was so yummy. I don't usually drink and we were out with my husband's boss and his wife. I swear a lot when I drink. They thought I was funny and cute. Good thing.

          I found the FDA article interesting. They are basically going to declare that transfats are food additives and therefore, under the control of the FDA. I can't wait to see how that plays out.

          Don't have your tonsils out at 34 is all I have to say about that. Oh and that thread is icky!
          You all have a Good Eggs by you: Good Eggs and while you have a ton more variety than we do, some of your prices - yikes! I know the Bay Area is expensive, but it's just kind of in your face for some stuff.

          I think Brooklyn, NY might be the best as to variety and price. I should check Los Angeles for the full comparison. I'm just happy that they're succeeding here. One of the delivery people told me that they're still in very much growth mode - every week sees more orders. I figure that the more successful they are, and the more people the farmers markets see, compounded with the success of the new Costco, and the locals will have to keep up.

          Did you have your tonsils out at 34? Poor baby. I'm guessing that hurt a lot. I get one down and dirty cold about once a year or two. My throat swells up and I feel like 10 pounds of doggy doo. Then it's over and I'm good 'til next time. Daddy was most likely being cheap when he didn't have them removed, but I think they've protected me somewhat. I've heard of people getting bad infections later in life though. Was that what happened to you?

          LOL @ you swearing in front of the boss and his wife. You are cute.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

          B*tch-lite

          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            You all have a Good Eggs by you: Good Eggs and while you have a ton more variety than we do, some of your prices - yikes! I know the Bay Area is expensive, but it's just kind of in your face for some stuff.

            I think Brooklyn, NY might be the best as to variety and price. I should check Los Angeles for the full comparison. I'm just happy that they're succeeding here. One of the delivery people told me that they're still in very much growth mode - every week sees more orders. I figure that the more successful they are, and the more people the farmers markets see, compounded with the success of the new Costco, and the locals will have to keep up.

            Did you have your tonsils out at 34? Poor baby. I'm guessing that hurt a lot. I get one down and dirty cold about once a year or two. My throat swells up and I feel like 10 pounds of doggy doo. Then it's over and I'm good 'til next time. Daddy was most likely being cheap when he didn't have them removed, but I think they've protected me somewhat. I've heard of people getting bad infections later in life though. Was that what happened to you?

            LOL @ you swearing in front of the boss and his wife. You are cute.
            Tonsils are a wonderous thing when they work well protecting you from bad bacteria but when they go bad, it is not pleasant. I had almost constant infections and still have a bit of scar tissue. It changed my voice a little too.

            Good Egg's delivery zone ends just short of us. We are just east of Oakland since we could not afford a house in SF with a yard. Prices here are crazy but I am slowly finding local sources for stuff. There is a rancher about six miles from us that has heritage pigs and grass fed cow. Someone just told me about a lady with eggs for sale. We have a couple of good farmers markets. I am hoping that next year, my garden will do well enough that I have my own veggies. Of course I may have to kill some varmints to get anything. They ate my fall garden down to the nubs.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by vh67 View Post
              Tonsils are a wonderous thing when they work well protecting you from bad bacteria but when they go bad, it is not pleasant. I had almost constant infections and still have a bit of scar tissue. It changed my voice a little too.

              Good Egg's delivery zone ends just short of us. We are just east of Oakland since we could not afford a house in SF with a yard. Prices here are crazy but I am slowly finding local sources for stuff. There is a rancher about six miles from us that has heritage pigs and grass fed cow. Someone just told me about a lady with eggs for sale. We have a couple of good farmers markets. I am hoping that next year, my garden will do well enough that I have my own veggies. Of course I may have to kill some varmints to get anything. They ate my fall garden down to the nubs.
              Bummer on the tonsils. I hate when my body turns on me. I have a bit of tinnitus. It drove my grandfather to distraction. I don't get crazy, but it does bother me that for no apparent reason, my ears ring - more like the sound that comes from power lines actually.

              It sounds like you're finding great food near you. By varmints, are you talking rabbits and raccoons and the like? Heritage pigs - I'm totally jealous.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

              B*tch-lite

              Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

              Comment


              • November 8, 2013 (Friday)

                Deleted by me.
                Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014, 05:04 AM.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                B*tch-lite

                Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Gay Panda View Post
                  Must......resist.....finding......thread......

                  Resistance is futile.

                  * shakes fist and goes off in search *
                  I watched the YouTube video posted in one of the links in that thread. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I can never unlearn that. Remember when .... bloodorchid (i think) posted that link of squeezing out a 25-year old blackhead. This is so much worse.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Boring and crazy. I haven’t used blankets in years. Mostly because they’re a pain in the ass to launder. I have a system of throws. A lightweight one, medium weight, and of course heavy. I got up, almost yipped like bloodorchid at how cold the floor was, ran to the closet and got out the heavy one. It felt so good to have cool air on my face and be snuggled under a warm throw.

                    I also like driving in the fall with the top down and the heat blasting to compensate.

                    I think all the fat hating on this board has turned me into a chubby chaser. My new girl crush:

                    cold rooms and mountains of blankets is my favorite way to sleep

                    til you have to get out from under the covers :|

                    and that body shape, i love that shape



                    Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                    I watched the YouTube video posted in one of the links in that thread. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I can never unlearn that. Remember when .... bloodorchid (i think) posted that link of squeezing out a 25-year old blackhead. This is so much worse.
                    i love making my mark on the world, you're welcome for the memories
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

                    Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

                    Comment


                    • Hi Joanie!

                      All I got for now...
                      Breathe. Move forward.

                      I just eat what I want...

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                        I watched the YouTube video posted in one of the links in that thread. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I can never unlearn that. Remember when .... bloodorchid (i think) posted that link of squeezing out a 25-year old blackhead. This is so much worse.
                        So much ick in the world. Not gonna watch tonsil ick nor quarter of a century blackhead ick. Sleep is elusive enough.

                        Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                        cold rooms and mountains of blankets is my favorite way to sleep

                        til you have to get out from under the covers :|

                        and that body shape, i love that shape

                        i love making my mark on the world, you're welcome for the memories
                        You know it's winter when you ass hits the john and you squeal from the cold.

                        Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                        Hi Joanie!

                        All I got for now...
                        Hi hi sweetheart! It's after noon and I still haven't had my morning cuppa.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                        B*tch-lite

                        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                        Comment


                        • November 9, 2013 (Saturday)

                          Deleted by me.

                          And because everyone deserves a little cuteness:

                          Last edited by JoanieL; 02-26-2014, 05:06 AM.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                          B*tch-lite

                          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            cold rooms and mountains of blankets is my favorite way to sleep

                            til you have to get out from under the covers :|

                            and that body shape, i love that shape





                            i love making my mark on the world, you're welcome for the memories
                            holybabyjebus..... and that all I'm gonna say about that...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Figuring that copa/coppa (or any prosciuto like meat) and melon is a great combo, I thought that rather than go for cheese, I’d try it with persimmon. Yum. This copa is smokier and less spicy than I’m used to, but it’s still a delicious contrast to the sweet persimmon. I guess I don’t need no steenking melons.

                              What do you carry every day?

                              Nail file - sharp
                              Nail polish remover - flammable
                              A lighter (and matches wrapped in plastic) - fire
                              Aspirin
                              Enough legal tender to function and a very low balance credit card (so no one can ever rip me off for more than a few hundred dollars).
                              Many pens and post its
                              An eyeliner pencil and mascara – of no use whatsoever, except if the zombies are going to eat me, I want my eyes pretty.

                              I once partied a little too much and the next morning I found a fried oyster po'boy in my backpack. Due to it’s ability to go bad quickly, I decided it shouldn’t be an everyday thing. Also, it got the plastic around the matches all greasy.

                              Between the turnips and the sweet potato, I feel a little bit like a lump. No roots for me today, though I may have fruit. I wonder why fruit doesn’t make me feel as lumpy as roots.

                              Later… feeling much better. Munching on protein today.

                              Parents baffled by school lice rules - TimesDaily: Top News Rotator – Speaking of protein. Heh. If they let lice into the classroom, won’t that cause overcrowding?

                              1 final toast for 3 WWII heroes: Montanan, fellow Doolittle Raiders reunite in Ohio – This is a nice story.

                              Since all the rest of the “real” news is either depressing or enough to make an almost sane woman eat dirt, I found some cute/stupid/funny stuff:

                              10 Wacky Pacifiers No Baby Should Ever Use (PHOTOS) | The Stir – A small slide show of 11 interesting pacifiers – I love the mute button.

                              Bacon Deodorant Is A Real Thing (VIDEO) – Who needs pheromones when there’s bacon deodorant?

                              Titanic Exhibition Temporarily Closed Due To Water Damage – That headlines says it all.

                              Woman Tried To Wear Cheeseburger As Sandal After Having Sex In Waffle House Parking Lot, Police Say



                              Ya think? Hahahaha

                              160 Sheep Stolen From Town Called 'Wool'



                              Ungrateful pets… Julius Dunsmore Partially Blinded By Pet Deer; Faces Charges – Yep, it’s all just good fun until someone puts an eye out.

                              I guess if their days are numbered, they might as well be happy: Turkeys Fed Beer For Flavor, Size



                              That’s an interesting take on the old beer can chicken recipe.

                              And because everyone deserves a little cuteness:


                              Friday’s food: Coffee w/coconut oil. Turnips and butter. Coppa with persimmon.
                              When I made my first trip to the Mediteranean, we stopped in Italy (several times).... My buddy and I used to go out for dinner every night, and one of the apprtizers we had was prosciuto and cantelope.... OMG it was deliscious..... the salty, savory, sweetness...

                              The wife made a chicken stew this weekend... and put rutabaga in it... oh yummy.... turnip would have worked well to, but turnip has a much stronger flavor that rutabaga....

                              Every year there are fewer of the Doolittle Raiders left.... not long until theya re all gone... sad....


                              Bacon deodorant? mmm probably just a sexy smelling as Warm Vanilla Sugar from Bath and Body works....


                              Feeding turkeys beer gives internal basting a whole new meaning....

                              Comment


                              • I got the same debit card thing going on, in case of scamming as well! Bacon deodorant, that got the potential to cause the worlds biggest orgy.... and good lord, that girls cleavage is endless....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X