Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• October 30, 2013 (Wednesday)

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2014, 06:52 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• That’s why we all get our man and lady parts checked and get our butts scoped.
      Some butts are easier to scope than others..... and the drugs you get are AWESOMEEEEEEE!

I’m not perfect (no shit, Sherlock), and I do succumb to the low prices of the occasional CAFO chicken. I buy that 95c/lb sale bird, bake it up, and I love it. Then I look at all the skin I discard, and the bones I won’t use for broth, and the fat I won’t use to make the best chopped chicken liver ever, shake my head, and refrain for another month or two.
      When I grill chicken breasts, I have to pull them off of the bone and remove the skin to cook them.... I always throw the skin on the grill and eat the fatty, crispy, charred goodness that is chicken "rinds".....

Recipe: The Drunken Spicy Georgia Peach
      I think I went to Hospital Corps "A" school with her....

President Obama visits Boston to defend health law, says Bay State experience proves it will work - Boston.com – Put a large object in the rectory, you anti-American freak. Obama is a traitor.
      Don't candy coat it... tell us how your REALLY feel.....

Comment

• OMG J we have just seen that wee boy on the news. How cute was he!!!!!!!!!!!!
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• If you really want to pee on a cops leg (like a man)...
          Peecock Products - 5.5 Inch Triple Features Gen2 Pee-Cock
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• You done better than I could with they peachy things, much sweetness!

Not something that I really look forward to getting the place where things should exit getting invaded, ought to, but....

Saw that kid on the news, still not big on th church, but this popeye could be human!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            I was thinking that, bit refrained weren't it....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              You done better than I could with they peachy things, much sweetness!

Not something that I really look forward to getting the place where things should exit getting invaded, ought to, but....

Saw that kid on the news, still not big on th church, but this popeye could be human!

She does come across as a the timid wall flower..... if only she would be more outgoing.... more ... uninhibited. No, thats not the word I was lookin for.... Exhibitionist.... not that one either (but not a bad one).... extroverted... ahh, yes think that was the one I was looking for..... Dear J needs to be an extrovert.......

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                CDC unveils 5 food allergy guidelines for schools - KMSP-TV – This stuff continues to freak me out. I don’t remember all these allergies when I was a child. What are we doing to our kids?
                I've had a doctor hypothesize that, back when we were kids (I was in kindergarden in 1963), kids with severe allergies died before they got to school age. The medical know-how wasn't there to treat anaphylactic shock. My youngest is deathly allergic to tree nuts, and we found that out when she was 8 months old (in 1983). She was 100% breast fed up until 6 months, and the nut discovery was when she grabbed big sister's spoon when I'd made stir-fry with walnuts. Just the sauce on the spoon gave her hives, and I clued in on that. Had her tested, and she had to be very careful when eating things that people commonly put nuts in. Once she was old enough to be responsible with it, I got her an epi pen... which saved her life when she was 20. I don't know how it was that she developed a nut allergy when the only things she'd had were breast milk and a limited selection of fresh food I cooked and smushed up for her. However, we lived in Germany at the time and their fresh food was actually good quality at the time.

That said, I agree that the modern SAD is probably more likely to induce allergies. I've seen people feed their babies absolute crap--Pepsi, Cheetos, cupcakes with an ingredients list a mile long.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                President Obama visits Boston to defend health law, says Bay State experience proves it will work - Boston.com – Put a large object in the rectory, you anti-American freak. Obama is a traitor.
                Obama wasn't in Boston to defend his health law. He was there to watch the Red Sox win the World Series. Let's get the facts straight!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Some butts are easier to scope than others..... and the drugs you get are AWESOMEEEEEEE!

When I grill chicken breasts, I have to pull them off of the bone and remove the skin to cook them.... I always throw the skin on the grill and eat the fatty, crispy, charred goodness that is chicken "rinds".....

I think I went to Hospital Corps "A" school with her....

I don't remember the scoping at all. Coming out of the drugs was very nice though. Sort of peaceful and I was singing. When I get off my lazy butt and go get local chickens, I use the whole thing, even the bones for broth. It's just store bought chickens that I'm reluctant to eat anything except the muscle.

LOL on going to school with the Drunken Georgia Peach. As to Obama, every time I think they can't get worse... We've gone from blow jobs to "Nice job, Brownie," to this this I don't even have a word to describe it that wouldn't get me tossed off the board.

Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                  OMG J we have just seen that wee boy on the news. How cute was he!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Adorable to the nth power.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                  If you really want to pee on a cops leg (like a man)...
                  Peecock Products - 5.5 Inch Triple Features Gen2 Pee-Cock
                  You've corrupted me. I want to touch one. hahaha

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  You done better than I could with they peachy things, much sweetness!

Honestly, you won't feel a thing. You're drugged with something (Twilight?) that lets you talk to them, but you won't remember anything. I promise.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  She does come across as a the timid wall flower..... if only she would be more outgoing.... more ... uninhibited. No, thats not the word I was lookin for.... Exhibitionist.... not that one either (but not a bad one).... extroverted... ahh, yes think that was the one I was looking for..... Dear J needs to be an extrovert.......
                  Funny how no one has ever referred to me as a shrinking violet.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                  I've had a doctor hypothesize that, back when we were kids (I was in kindergarden in 1963), kids with severe allergies died before they got to school age. The medical know-how wasn't there to treat anaphylactic shock. My youngest is deathly allergic to tree nuts, and we found that out when she was 8 months old (in 1983). She was 100% breast fed up until 6 months, and the nut discovery was when she grabbed big sister's spoon when I'd made stir-fry with walnuts. Just the sauce on the spoon gave her hives, and I clued in on that. Had her tested, and she had to be very careful when eating things that people commonly put nuts in. Once she was old enough to be responsible with it, I got her an epi pen... which saved her life when she was 20. I don't know how it was that she developed a nut allergy when the only things she'd had were breast milk and a limited selection of fresh food I cooked and smushed up for her. However, we lived in Germany at the time and their fresh food was actually good quality at the time.

That said, I agree that the modern SAD is probably more likely to induce allergies. I've seen people feed their babies absolute crap--Pepsi, Cheetos, cupcakes with an ingredients list a mile long.

Obama wasn't in Boston to defend his health law. He was there to watch the Red Sox win the World Series. Let's get the facts straight!
                  Goldie, the doctor's hypothesis makes a lot of sense. Also, I didn't mean "we" as in specific parents, so my apologies if it came off that way. What I should have written was that as a population, we've let our food sources become so corrupted that we may be compromising little growing humans' health. Still, I sometimes forget that if the population seems a little more ill than when I was growing up (kindergarten 1960), it's because we save a lot of people that used to die.

Go Red Sox!
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Goldie, the doctor's hypothesis makes a lot of sense. Also, I didn't mean "we" as in specific parents, so my apologies if it came off that way. What I should have written was that as a population, we've let our food sources become so corrupted that we may be compromising little growing humans' health. Still, I sometimes forget that if the population seems a little more ill than when I was growing up (kindergarten 1960), it's because we save a lot of people that used to die.

Go Red Sox!
                    Joanie, I knew you didn't mean specific parents, it didn't come off that way to me. My daughter and I have often wondered about her nut allergy when no one else in the family (that we know of) has any kind of allergies. I think in many cases, what a baby/child eats can affect their immune system--the whole epigenetic thing. My daughter's allergy seems "odd" because I did not follow the pediatrician's advice and start her on rice cereal at two weeks old and Gerber Chicken Dinner at three months. I never--not once--bought formula or jar baby food, when that was preached as being the "best" for babies. I wonder about how her health would have been if I had fed her the kind of junk that many people gave their babies even then! Today she is happily paleo and avoids nuts with a smile!

What I remember from my elementary school days is that only ONE person in first through eighth grade was fat, and it wasn't a small school (and she was actually just chubby, not obese like I see kids today). We ate bacon and eggs for breakfast, had sandwiches for lunch, with milk, an apple, and a cookie (one, and not the size of a dinner plate). We had a snack when we got home from school, usually another piece of fruit. We ate a home-cooked dinner with meat, veg, and potatoes or rolls. If it was a special occasion, we had dessert. This was before hybridized dwarf wheat and the ubiquitous marketing ploys that equate fun! sexy! sporty! feel good! with food. This was before the disasterous food pyramid, before fat and dietary cholesterol was demonized, and before the digital age. Before the Marketing Gods told us what to like and what to eat.

I remember the dietary plan of "three square meals a day". I remember fighting my brother to suck the marrow out of steak bones. I remember Dad cutting the crispy fat off a roast and feeding it to us kids like we were puppies. I remember putting butter on vegetables. I remember being "forced" outside to play and then had to be dragged back in at dinnertime and bedtime. I remember going to bed when it got dark out, and waking up when it was light.

The problems we have today have multiple causes, and at the root of a lot of them is fucking with nature.

/rant

Luckily, we raised our kids the way we were raised, and they're all happy, healthy, and productive!

YAY for the Red Sox!

Comment

Funny how no one has ever referred to me as a shrinking violet.

Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                        Joanie, I knew you didn't mean specific parents, it didn't come off that way to me. My daughter and I have often wondered about her nut allergy when no one else in the family (that we know of) has any kind of allergies. I think in many cases, what a baby/child eats can affect their immune system--the whole epigenetic thing. My daughter's allergy seems "odd" because I did not follow the pediatrician's advice and start her on rice cereal at two weeks old and Gerber Chicken Dinner at three months. I never--not once--bought formula or jar baby food, when that was preached as being the "best" for babies. I wonder about how her health would have been if I had fed her the kind of junk that many people gave their babies even then! Today she is happily paleo and avoids nuts with a smile!

What I remember from my elementary school days is that only ONE person in first through eighth grade was fat, and it wasn't a small school (and she was actually just chubby, not obese like I see kids today). We ate bacon and eggs for breakfast, had sandwiches for lunch, with milk, an apple, and a cookie (one, and not the size of a dinner plate). We had a snack when we got home from school, usually another piece of fruit. We ate a home-cooked dinner with meat, veg, and potatoes or rolls. If it was a special occasion, we had dessert. This was before hybridized dwarf wheat and the ubiquitous marketing ploys that equate fun! sexy! sporty! feel good! with food. This was before the disasterous food pyramid, before fat and dietary cholesterol was demonized, and before the digital age. Before the Marketing Gods told us what to like and what to eat.

I remember the dietary plan of "three square meals a day". I remember fighting my brother to suck the marrow out of steak bones. I remember Dad cutting the crispy fat off a roast and feeding it to us kids like we were puppies. I remember putting butter on vegetables. I remember being "forced" outside to play and then had to be dragged back in at dinnertime and bedtime. I remember going to bed when it got dark out, and waking up when it was light.

The problems we have today have multiple causes, and at the root of a lot of them is fucking with nature.

/rant

Luckily, we raised our kids the way we were raised, and they're all happy, healthy, and productive!

YAY for the Red Sox!
                        That was an awesome rant! It is odd how something can affect only one person in a family. Perhaps things like allergies hide on masked/recessive genes, and then one day just appear. I was forced outside to play also. And three squares were what we ate also, at least until my teens. Eggs were breakfast or sometimes if we begged, Mom would make pastina, but that was rare. I don't remember a lot of cereal in our house until the health community started recommending it. Oh and the plates were as you described: meat was the biggest part, then something green, then potato or rice.

We were lucky.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Happy Halloweenie! 2013

Deleted by me.
                          Last edited by JoanieL; 02-25-2014, 06:52 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

I just had the pleasure of watching an old movie that I like – Bagdad Café. I don’t think it was ever a blockbuster or anything. It’s a quirky little movie about lost souls. A little funny, a little dark. Anyway, here’s the link if anyone wants to check it out: Bagdá Café - YouTube

It’s funny how we can remember things from so long ago. I was wishing I had some ricotta yesterday because I wanted to make a casserole with some spaghetti squash. Then I remembered my grandmother telling me that when she first started spending winters in Florida, you couldn’t find ricotta in most grocery stores. What she did was to buy cottage cheese and let it drain in cheese cloth overnight, then use the result as a substitute. I think she might have added a tiny bit of sugar also.

Anyway, I didn’t want to wait a whole day, so I put a couple of eggs, some granulated garlic, and some cottage cheese into the food processor and blended ‘til creamy. I baked up some spaghetti squash, put the strands in a bowl I can put in the oven, added the cottage cheese mix, and combined it all. I put a tiny bit of Marinara on top and baked the whole thing for just under an hour at 375F. I loved it. I’m sure if I had more patience and let the cottage cheese drain for a day, the cooking time would have been less. Thank you, Gran’ma!

Why students are rejecting America's top colleges - The Week – I know I’m living in a dream world, but I surely wish people could go to college just for the joy of learning.

Wells Fargo settles mortgage claims with U.S. government for under $1 billion: FT | Fox Business - If the fine isn’t big enough to hurt, they’ll just continue dirty dealing. Bankers – joining politicians as being less trustworthy than the proverbial used car salesman.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/05/sc...-lot.html?_r=0 – A Dog’s Tail Wag Can Say a Lot - Woof.

New Yorkers rebel at - When you can’t do something constructive, just pass any old law so people think you’re working. NY already has an average cigarette price of ~$7/pack; why they think changing the age limit is going to make a dent is beyond me.

Soda Tax of 20% May Cut U.K. Obesity Rate by 180,000 - Bloomberg – see comments about NY. Looks like legislators are batshit crazy no matter where on the planet they reside.

Rob Ford scandal: Toronto Police have video apparently showing mayor smoking crack | Toronto Star – Now that’s a hot story. Maybe he could get together with Marion Barry and create a support group for mayors on crack.

Did you know that a quarter of all the candy sold in the U.S. annually is for Halloween? Source: Halloween — History.com Articles, Video, Pictures and Facts

Wednesday’s food: Coffee w/coconut oil. Baked spaghetti squash casserole. Scrambled eggs and salsa. Three tangerines.
                            Hollowweenie.... aren't they all hollow? If they weren't a guy couldn't pee.....

I watched a show on the food network today and the hostess-with-the-mostest made gnochi with ricotta..... looked pretty tasty. Served on a bed of tomato sauce..... I may have to look up the recipe...

Comment

New Yorkers rebel at - When you can’t do something constructive, just pass any old law so people think you’re working. NY already has an average cigarette price of ~$7/pack; why they think changing the age limit is going to make a dent is beyond me.
                              They keep making up laws like that over herel, changing the age limit ain't gonna change bugger all, people are giving up over here cus it's so bloody expensive, or they get black market cigs, which apparently are right dodgy, saying that don't effect me as I've never smoked....It's the same with drink as well, legal age is 18, yet you still see kids of about 12 in the parks shitfaced, if they wants it they'll get it!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                              Soda Tax of 20% May Cut U.K. Obesity Rate by 180,000 - Bloomberg – see comments about NY. Looks like legislators are batshit crazy no matter where on the planet they reside.
                              Reckon you're giving um more credit than they deserve, only batshit crazy, they'm nowhere near that sane....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                Hollowweenie.... aren't they all hollow? If they weren't a guy couldn't pee.....

I watched a show on the food network today and the hostess-with-the-mostest made gnochi with ricotta..... looked pretty tasty. Served on a bed of tomato sauce..... I may have to look up the recipe...
                                That must be why they're so easy to blow. If you avoid wheat, somewhere out in google land is a recipe for gnocchi that uses potato starch in place of the flour. I love ricotta - enough so that I only buy it when I have a plan for it. Otherwise I just keep dipping in a spoon until the whole quart is gone.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                They keep making up laws like that over herel, changing the age limit ain't gonna change bugger all, people are giving up over here cus it's so bloody expensive, or they get black market cigs, which apparently are right dodgy, saying that don't effect me as I've never smoked....It's the same with drink as well, legal age is 18, yet you still see kids of about 12 in the parks shitfaced, if they wants it they'll get it!

Reckon you're giving um more credit than they deserve, only batshit crazy, they'm nowhere near that sane....
                                The legal age thing never works. It never will unless kids that turn 18/21 suddenly stop hanging out with their friends who haven't caught up yet. I think you're right in that a rabid bat is probably more sane than the average politician.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X