Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
    Satsumas?
    Oops, you squeezed in there while I was typing.

Indigenous to Louisiana. Like a tangerine on the inside, but the skin right now is dark green. Really good and easy to peal.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I love New Orleans. I very seldom feel unsafe there. I love all the nooks and crannies. The sounds. The smells. The beauty and insanity. I miss being of an age that I could go all night, and crawl out of The Dungeon at 6am. Ah, the good ol' days.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Oops, you squeezed in there while I was typing.

Indigenous to Louisiana. Like a tangerine on the inside, but the skin right now is dark green. Really good and easy to peal.
        Interesting! Never heard of those.

That is quite the science experiment. I've cooked up a few like that myself...
        Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by fatcrazylady View Post
          I love New Orleans. I very seldom feel unsafe there. I love all the nooks and crannies. The sounds. The smells. The beauty and insanity. I miss being of an age that I could go all night, and crawl out of The Dungeon at 6am. Ah, the good ol' days.
          Crawling would be me - probably much earlier than 6am. I think most of the danger is consolidated in one or two neighborhoods.

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
          Interesting! Never heard of those.

That is quite the science experiment. I've cooked up a few like that myself...
          LOL! I'm so glad I'm not alone. I usually re-use ziploc bags, but there was one that contained only black liquid. I wasn't about to unleash whatever stench was in it.

I keep cleaning this apartment and it never stays clean. I'm thinking about going full-on slob.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Get a pet and then you have an excuse for a messy apartment! I blame my dogs for everything.

Comment

• October 10 & 11, 2013 (Thursday & Friday)

Deleted by me.
              Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014, 02:33 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                Get a pet and then you have an excuse for a messy apartment! I blame my dogs for everything.
                Ah yes. A very useful tactic. Plus it looks from you avatar like you have one like mine. Never met a more hairy dog in my life!! I could weave a sweater once a week from the hair on the floors...
                Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  Your mattress gains weight over time. This is disgusting but true. Dead skin, oils, mositure, and dust mites live in it. Eww. Unless you want to have nightmares, never google dust mites. Also, don’t click this link: Does Your Mattress Really Gain Weight Over Time? | LiveScience to find out how many dust mites live in a mattress. The good news is that it seems to be an urban legend that a mattress will double its weight in 10 years.
                  I think the mattress gaining weight thing is just a bogus marketing tactic used by mattress manufacturers. On the dust mite front though I think if you live in the right parts of the world they are an issue. Apparently they need like 70(ish) percent constant relative humidity to survive. Ain't gonna happen in Tucson so I stopped worrying about them. But down in the Big Easy you're probably swimming in them...

What is this business with the "message is too short" warning? Have you seen that?
                  Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                    Ah yes. A very useful tactic. Plus it looks from you avatar like you have one like mine. Never met a more hairy dog in my life!! I could weave a sweater once a week from the hair on the floors...
                    That picture was from right after we adopted him. He just turned nine and I think yours is 10? We also adopted a black lab mix last year after we lost our chocolate lab. Labs are great dogs but they are shedding machines. We got our first one thinking it was short haired and would not be messy. We were so wrong! Good thing they are so sweet!

Comment

• Ooo a helicopter ride somewhere tropical would be an awesome honeymoon adventure. We're torn between touring England, Ireland, and Scotland over 9 days, or a paradise getaway somewhere warm (in March).
                      Depression Lies

Comment

That picture was from right after we adopted him. He just turned nine and I think yours is 10? We also adopted a black lab mix last year after we lost our chocolate lab. Labs are great dogs but they are shedding machines. We got our first one thinking it was short haired and would not be messy. We were so wrong! Good thing they are so sweet!
                        Yes. Kozmo came in my life with my husband and I thought the same thing about the short hair. Pysche! But a sweeter personality you cannot find.

Happy honeymoon Nameless!
                        Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

Get a pet and then you have an excuse for a messy apartment! I blame my dogs for everything.
                          Sounds like a plan. LOL. This is my current pet, but he doesn't shed at all:

I think the mattress gaining weight thing is just a bogus marketing tactic used by mattress manufacturers. On the dust mite front though I think if you live in the right parts of the world they are an issue. Apparently they need like 70(ish) percent constant relative humidity to survive. Ain't gonna happen in Tucson so I stopped worrying about them. But down in the Big Easy you're probably swimming in them...

What is this business with the "message is too short" warning? Have you seen that?
                          Yes, the damp/hot south is a big giant petri dish for all kinds of things. heh. But hey, thanks for the image of swimming in dust mites - I'll go dig out my anti-anxiety meds now. hahaha

The only time I've ever gotten a message like that is when I've tried to respond with just a smiley. I think some forums do that so you don't get page after page of smileys or "+1"s.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          Ooo a helicopter ride somewhere tropical would be an awesome honeymoon adventure. We're torn between touring England, Ireland, and Scotland over 9 days, or a paradise getaway somewhere warm (in March).
                          I loved Hawaii and I'm glad I went, but it's not a thing I'd repeat. My then husband needed some R&R desperately, but given my druthers I generally choose cities for vacations. Though I have to say, Ireland, Scotland, and NZ have certainly been on my mind for the next big thing. And England is cool.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• October 12, 2013 (Saturday)

Deleted by me.
                            Last edited by JoanieL; 02-22-2014, 02:37 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• i remember talking about dying livers but i don't remember where it was

on the one hand i know i'd have fun drinking, on the other i know my iron clad self control would be considerably less controlled

decisions, decisions
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• It was some thread where someone said reading it was like pong. I don't remember which one though.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X