B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    Tuesday’s food: Coffee w/coconut and MCT oil. Beef bacon seasoned with curry powder, garlic, ground ginger, and stevia. (I just don’t much like beef bacon no matter what I do to it, but it’s all gone now.) Baked salmon and rice. A protein shake.
    Sounds downright boring after that mighty list you just made. You could work your way through it, a different fatty meal from around the states every day
    Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• I've been to hash bars. Yeah... not all that, honestly. Went WITH WORK. Well, that was a business trip and no mistake.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        I've been to hash bars. Yeah... not all that, honestly. Went WITH WORK. Well, that was a business trip and no mistake.
        Blood 'yell, now that's a proper company, must have made the meetings interesting....Yer right, (not that I could) but I could imbibe Guinness then, that was good enough for me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Blood 'yell, now that's a proper company, must have made the meetings interesting....Yer right, (not that I could) but I could imbibe Guinness then, that was good enough for me!
          Dave, I have to say I love how you write with your Brit accent. I lived there for 7 years and I miss the accents!

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            Dave, I have to say I love how you write with your Brit accent. I lived there for 7 years and I miss the accents!
            Ta! What part of this unfair (as were 22nd) Isle did you reside? As you probably know some of the local dialects are a bit different, mine included....
            A bit of what it said in Wiki about Bristolian!
            a cranky, crazy, crab-apple tree of language and with the sharpest, juiciest flavour that I've heard for a long time

Comment

They're there alright, (think I've mentioned it before but) I'm subject to random drug tests at work so I didn't partake, but some of the patrons I saw looked pretty content!

They'd cracked down on the hash cakes when I was there because of the variable strengths of the portions and were doing 'space shakes' instead as it was more constant, the red light area was still there, so I heard, ahem.... Hey there be nothing wrong with 'bangers'....

You ain't wrong, it's the same over hear an' all, just had a football (soccer) player transfer for £85 million, for which he gets a percentage of the fee and is on £300K a week for 6 years, not a bad screw for kicking a bag of air about....It's all wrong I'll tell ee!
              Don't get me wrong I'm a huge sports fan (rugby primarily but also cycling/athletics), but some of the wages payed to the more main line sports are immoral, I reckons some of they red light area girls mentioned above should have a clearer conscious....

Wow, some of they foods sound a bit on the lively side, bit rich for me, in more ways than one....
              Space shakes, Oh My! I'm having an idea for a food truck. Go to one of the states where the medicinal and/or recreational use is now legal, get a dispenser's license, and do a Space Shake food truck!

The first food - the burger with the grilled cheese sandwiches as "bread" cracked me up, so I had to read the rest of the article. The NY garbage thingy and the Hawaiian plate look like something I'd do but just didn't have a name for it.

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
              Sounds downright boring after that mighty list you just made. You could work your way through it, a different fatty meal from around the states every day
              Sounds like an awesome plan! I have also thought of fooding my way across the contiguous 48 states.

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              I've been to hash bars. Yeah... not all that, honestly. Went WITH WORK. Well, that was a business trip and no mistake.
              Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Wow! I agree with Dave - how come I never had a job like that? Accountants are such fuddy duddies. (Accountant = me in my last incarnation.)

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              Totally hot accent, our Dave.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Ta! What part of this unfair (as were 22nd) Isle did you reside? As you probably know some of the local dialects are a bit different, mine included....
                A bit of what it said in Wiki about Bristolian!
                We lived in Hartford, Cambridgeshire when Sweetie was stationed at RAF Alconbury, then moved to RAF Mildenhall (Suffolk). I never did understand anything Cockney, but I could tell East Anglia accents and Scottish ones! And of course the BBC generic accent!

Comment

• Hash job was a PR gig. We were pitching for Philips, but lost to - if memory serves - Weber Shandwick. I'd just come back from a week in the US for team building only to turn around and head off to Amsterdam. The pitch team leads hated each other and the whole thing was a royal pain in the butt. Those were the days...
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                    We lived in Hartford, Cambridgeshire when Sweetie was stationed at RAF Alconbury, then moved to RAF Mildenhall (Suffolk). I never did understand anything Cockney, but I could tell East Anglia accents and Scottish ones! And of course the BBC generic accent!
                    Suffolk's a good way east of the metropolis where I dwells, (by our standards anyway), saying that so's Cambridge! Oh the generic BBC accent is a hoot, news reader Moira Stewart started out with a broad Scottish licht, she's been institutionalised, I can tell ee!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Space shakes, Oh My! I'm having an idea for a food truck. Go to one of the states where the medicinal and/or recreational use is now legal, get a dispenser's license, and do a Space Shake food truck!
                    Good to see entrepreneurism isn't dead, you're fortune awaits you....Girl who was with us over there had one and she was away with the pixies for hours!

Wow! I agree with Dave - how come I never had a job like that? Accountants are such fuddy duddies. (Accountant = me in my last incarnation.)
                    Not some of the accountants I know, one's a right fruitloop!

Totally hot accent, our Dave.
                    Cheers me babs

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      Hash job was a PR gig. We were pitching for Philips, but lost to - if memory serves - Weber Shandwick. I'd just come back from a week in the US for team building only to turn around and head off to Amsterdam. The pitch team leads hated each other and the whole thing was a royal pain in the butt. Those were the days...
                      Did PR stand for 'public riot' in this case?! Sounds like some more time in the 'cafes' was required....

Comment

• As a bit of a news hound I thought you might find this amusing....

Just to show that we've got our share of boneheads, I present, Daniel Cooper ESQ!

The last quote made me chuckle;
                        “He is not a pretty sight when naked. We all felt sorry for the LandRover and hope it wasn’t offended.”

Comment

Good to see entrepreneurism isn't dead, you're fortune awaits you....Girl who was with us over there had one and she was away with the pixies for hours!

Not some of the accountants I know, one's a right fruitloop!
                          Oh yes, after work, some accountants cut loose fersure. One of the firms I worked for would give one of us the company credit card on April 15th night (the deadline for filing our taxes in the U.S.) and tell us to all go out and party. There was cash given for cab rides home also. The ones who behave most straightlaced in the office were of course the ones dancing on the tables when given the okay by the bosses.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                          As a bit of a news hound I thought you might find this amusing....

Just to show that we've got our share of boneheads, I present, Daniel Cooper ESQ!

The last quote made me chuckle;
                          I laughed my ass off through the whole story. Cars, counters, on the floor - that poor little househusband gets a night out and really takes advantage of his freedom! I even loved the penalty - no being in public between 7pm and 7am on weekends - sounds like when you ground a teenager.
                          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Forgot to post this here yesterday

Deleted by me.
                            Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 11:25 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• And noooow it's time for... Ask the Cheese Lady!

Joanie, can you recommend a good cheese to make cheesecake with? I try to avoid the Philadelphia bricks, and I've had a hard time finding a quality cheese that's the right consistency.

Comment

• Hi Goldie.

I'm not much of a baker, but my grandmother used to make cheesecake with ricotta cheese.

I've never made it myself, but it was delicious. I wonder if chevre would work - that would give it a nice tangy taste.

Here's some ideas for the ricotta:

Sicilian Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe - Allrecipes.com
                                Ricotta Cheesecake Recipe | Cooking | How To | Martha Stewart Recipes

And here's one for chevre that looks pretty primal: Chevre Cheesecake

Chevre Cheesecake

serves 12

16 ounce soft goat cheese, at room temperature
                                3 large eggs, at room temperature
                                3/4 cup coconut sugar
                                2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
                                1/2 large lemon, juiced
                                Crust
                                1 1/2 cups almond flour
                                1/2 cup coconut sugar
                                1/3 cup goat butter

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

In a microwave safe measuring cup, melt the butter on low power and allow to cool. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the almond flour and ½ cup coconut sugar and mix on low speed with the paddle attachment. Turn the mixer off and add the butter; resume mixing on low speed until the ingredients are well combined. Press the mixture evenly into a well-buttered, 9-inch springform pan, pressing the crust up the sides of the pan at least 1/2 an inch. Set aside.

Wash the mixing bowl of the stand mixer and dry thoroughly. Add the eggs and sugar and beat with the paddle attachment at medium speed until the sugar is completely dissolved and the mixture is slightly foamy; add the zest and juice and mix at medium speed for one minute more. Drop the goat cheese into the bowl by the tablespoonful, beating well after each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat on medium speed until the batter is smooth and fluffy.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan with the crust, scraping it all out with a rubber or silicone spatula. Smooth the surface with the spatula and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the top is beginning to turn golden brown and a thin knife or cake inserted near the center comes out clean.

Place the cake on a cooling rack and cool completely. Run a thin, flexible spatula around the perimeter of the cheesecake to loosen it before removing the outer ring of the springform pan. Refrigerate until cold before slicing and serving.
                                I'm chuckling at "Serves 12." I'm thinking, "Serves Joanie."

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X