No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Late to the party, but I like a nice, tightly woven rug on hard wood, which is what I have at home.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      Late to the party, but I like a nice, tightly woven rug on hard wood, which is what I have at home.
      Thats a nice combination.... and everyone knows that shag carpet is so.... 1970! Though there is something to be said for a bare floor..... can be quite attractive
      Last edited by ssn679doc; 08-21-2013, 01:31 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        Though there is something to be said for a bare floor..... can be quite attractive
        As long as it's nicely buffed....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Tiz true..... no one likes a nazty flo!

Comment

• I'm partial to hard, buffed floors, too...

Joanie, I'm in the middle of reading "Deep Nutrition" by Catherine and Luke Shanahan. They also mention mom's nutrition, having babies too close together, and (lack of) breastfeeding. It's an excellent book--the main focus is on "traditional" eating and what the healthiest diets have in common. Primal but without the "caveman" connection.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              I don't know what you nasty minded folks was refering to but I like floors.... hard wood ones are best....
              Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Depends how hard yer wood is....

And those yoghurts, only heard of two, and that was the two worst ones!
              Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              Late to the party, but I like a nice, tightly woven rug on hard wood, which is what I have at home.
              Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              Thats a nice combination.... and everyone knows that shag carpet is so.... 1970! Though there is something to be said for a bare floor..... can be quite attractive
              Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              Tiz true..... no one likes a nazty flo!
              Originally posted by Goldie View Post
              I'm partial to hard, buffed floors, too...
              I leave you all alone for a few hours, and you've corrupted Goldie!

Joanie, I'm in the middle of reading "Deep Nutrition" by Catherine and Luke Shanahan. They also mention mom's nutrition, having babies too close together, and (lack of) breastfeeding. It's an excellent book--the main focus is on "traditional" eating and what the healthiest diets have in common. Primal but without the "caveman" connection.
              Sounds cool; I'll check it out. My mom was so averse to breastfeeding that she honestly thought that it was something only done by the poor and "those people in National Geographic." She also gained a lot of weight during her pregnancies and once joked that it would have been okay if she'd been carrying 40 pound babies.

There's a scene in Six Feet Under where a woman offers her pregnant daughter some brie and the daughter declines, pointing at her bump. Mom says something to the effect, "Oh you women today. In my day we went through our entire pregnancies with a cigarette in one hand and a cocktail in the other, and you turned out okay."
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• August 21, 2013 (Wednesday)

As much as I do love to mock or make fun of people in the privacy of my own mind, I have even more fun mocking myself. After my long-winded post the other day about why/how I’m going to add back a couple of CAFO meals and even the occasional serving of bread back into my life, last night I had the most delicious burgers – and there wasn’t a hunk of bread in sight.

My first burger was topped with raw green tomato and a kind of egg goo that would be the precursor of mayonnaise. IOW I didn’t want to futz around with making mayo, so I took one egg yolk and blended it with some garlic powder and a half-tablespoon of olive oil in one of those single serving blenders. Pure heaven.

Later in the evening, realizing that my calories were at a mere 560, I made a second burger. This time, when the burger started rendering its fat in the pan, I threw in some green tomato so that would get cooked in beefy goodness. Burger on plate (even I don’t eat my burgers from a bowl), about ¾ of a tablespoon of butter on burger, tomato on top of that to help the butter melt. Beef ‘n’ butter – it’s what’s for dinner!

I didn’t miss the bread.

If I started writing about how much and how long I’ve absolutely loathed “Dr.” Phil’s mere existence, my bp would soar, I’d start foaming at the mouth, and my head would explode. So, I’ll just post these:

Ex-Pope Benedict on why he resigned: 'God told me to' - latimes.com – He should get together with Dub – the two of them could do a conference call with God.

Speaking of shag carpets and the 70s: David Cassidy -- Arrested for Drunk Driving | TMZ.com - Mug shots are always so creepy.

And just in case you’re like me and you just want to scream, “I told you so,” after the bullshit that has come down due to giving carte blanche to Security and Intelligence agencies after nine-eleven:

Report: NSA can ‘reach roughly 75% of all U.S. Internet traffic’

NSA surveillance reach broader than publicly acknowledged | Fox News

With New Leaks, More NSA Deception Is Exposed - Conor Friedersdorf - The Atlantic

Deception? Liar liar pants on fire is more like it. Deception is wearing a padded bra on a first date. This goes way beyond that.

This is totally stupid, but I like it (the end is good):

Honest to goodness, when I find stuff like this in the fridge, I could swear I’m channeling my mother:

She’d be laughing her ass off if she could see it.

Tuesday’s food: Coffee w/coconut oil and one with butter. The two burgers I described above. A protein shake with a tablespoon of cocoa added.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  I leave you all alone for a few hours, and you've corrupted Goldie!

You can't blame them, Joanie, I've been corrupted for years! I tend to be stealthy about it, though, so when I do make a comment it gets the proper reaction!

For instance, one day at work, a couple coworkers were talking about their cats. We were each in our own cube, just talking over the walls. After listening to the cat conversation for a while, I said, "I like cats, too, but I can't eat a whole one by myself."

The reaction was well worth it!

For the record, I haven't eaten cat, and I am owned by a Maine Coon cat.

Comment

• LMAO! Goldie, I love when I get to work with people like you. I always gravitated toward the office smartass.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I have heard that cat taste like chicken.

I have to admit that I am not surprised or shocked at the info the government collects on us. They have been since the beginning of time and now we have the technology to search and store information easily and more efficiently. My goal is to bore anyone collecting info on me to death.

Joanie, have you fermented anything since you made sauerkraut? I just made a wonderful batch of garlicky spicy dill green beans based on a dill pickle recipe in Wild Fermenation. I am amazed at how easy it is to make fermented vegetables!

Comment

I always gravitated toward the office smartass.
                        Birds of a feather... ??

Comment

• If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at....

How did the plate fit in the sink with all they bowls?!

Dr Phil seems like a special case, what a twat.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          Ex-Pope Benedict on why he resigned: 'God told me to' - latimes.com – He should get together with Dub – the two of them could do a conference call with God.
                          I read somewhere that if you speak to god you're praying, if he speaks to you it's schizophrenia....

Deception? Liar liar pants on fire is more like it. Deception is wearing a padded bra on a first date. This goes way beyond that.
                          Or us guys wearing a pair of socks down our jocks....It's probably worse than you believe as well!

Honest to goodness, when I find stuff like this in the fridge, I could swear I’m channeling my mother:

She’d be laughing her ass off if she could see it.
                          That's scary, what did it taste like?!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                            I have heard that cat taste like chicken.

I have to admit that I am not surprised or shocked at the info the government collects on us. They have been since the beginning of time and now we have the technology to search and store information easily and more efficiently. My goal is to bore anyone collecting info on me to death.

Joanie, have you fermented anything since you made sauerkraut? I just made a wonderful batch of garlicky spicy dill green beans based on a dill pickle recipe in Wild Fermenation. I am amazed at how easy it is to make fermented vegetables!
                            From litter box to lion house, cats sure don't smell like they'd taste like chicken. LOL. I like the boring part. I'm trying to think of a statistic I read... Okay, I can't remember the number, but at any given moment in the U.S., many thousands of people are photographed without their knowledge, just going about their lives. By local to federal govt.

I haven't fermented anything since the sauerkraut and those yummy onions. Note to self: stop procrastinating, go to WFoods, and get veggies! I am perhaps one of the few people who can go to a farmers market and come out with a backpack almost full of meat and eggs with a handful of veggies stuffed into the edges of the backpack.

Birds of a feather... ??
                            Indeed!

If you can't laugh at yourself, who can you laugh at....

How did the plate fit in the sink with all they bowls?!

Dr Phil seems like a special case, what a twat.

I read somewhere that if you speak to god you're praying, if he speaks to you it's schizophrenia....

Or us guys wearing a pair of socks down our jocks....It's probably worse than you believe as well!

That's scary, what did it taste like?!
                            When I can't refill my filter water jug easily, I actually do take time to wash dishes. LOL at the socks - I thought that was only for male models.

Funny on the pepper. I'm thinking of leaving it in there until it turns to liquid. Ooh - I could take pics along the way and post a slide show of a rotting pepper over time! Now I have a purpose in life. Dave, you may have just added a few years to my life!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• August 22, 2013 (Thursday)

Deleted by me.
                              Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 10:41 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Funny on the pepper. I'm thinking of leaving it in there until it turns to liquid. Ooh - I could take pics along the way and post a slide show of a rotting pepper over time! Now I have a purpose in life. Dave, you may have just added a few years to my life!
                                Looks like I may 'ave done me good deed for the decade....

Vodka! Was in Moscow in 2000 visiting a chum who was working there, we ended up going out with one of the locals and imbibing some, not sure if you've tried it, but over there they drink vodka neat out of the freezer, they've also had some tradition that you never leave an un-empty bottle on the table as it's bad luck, at least that's what they told me! Well after a few beers and a 1/3 of a 1 litre bottle of stolichnaya black label, which cost about £3, I was second hand!

Strange night ended up in one of the biggest barroom brawls I've ever been in!

If you've never tried it out the freezer, give it lash, if it's half tidy vodka it shouldn't freeze, go strangely gelatinous and give you strange warming sensation as it goes down, oh and keep something to act as a fire engine, just in case it gets too warm!

Oh, and Moscow was one of the most corrupt places I've ever been and that 2nd photo is disturbing....
                                Last edited by Dhansakdave; 08-23-2013, 01:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X