Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Longer than I thought it would be

Deleted by me.
    Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 10:24 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• August 17, 2013 (Saturday) Part II

Deleted by me.
      Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 10:25 PM.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I still have a large leather backpack I bought for good money back in Frankfurt. We still use it, but mostly for overnights. Leather is just IT for so many things.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• It is interesting how so many cultures use the same spice/herb combinations. I guess if it works, why change it? I always have garlic, onion and fresh ginger in my house. With those three things I can make just about anything taste yummy. I am not fond of the texture of cooked celery so I either chop it small, which feels like work or I use celery root. I discovered celery root and fennel a couple of years ago when I was getting a vegetable box from a CSA. Celery root, onion and fennel sautťed together over a low flame until brown and soft is heaven! Add spicy sausage and it is orgasmic! I love to add that to chard or kale.

I understand missing things like sourdough bread. I live near San Francisco and we have some of the best sourdough here. Unfortunately, I have a gluten intolerance and no one makes a good gluten-free sourdough so it is not even an option for me. Life is too short not to love what you eat, as long as it doesn't make you sick. I have really started to branch out and try new things. Some turn out and some have my husband suggesting that I don't make that particular thing ever again. One reason I love your journal so much is that you are always doing new food things. Well, that and you are funny, a little naughty and a very earthy philosopher.
          Last edited by vh67; 08-18-2013, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            And, the biggest sin of all Ė Iím going to eat the occasional slice of bread or two. Iím not going to start baking or eating pasta every night. Iím not going back to having three poí boys a week, nor am I going back to ordering a pizza every Friday or Saturday. But on the days when I want a burger, Iím not going to pretend that itís just yummy between two lettuce leaves. Itís just not. Two slices of the sourdough I like is 120 calories. Four ingredients; none I donít recognize.

British police are investigating Diana's death again - Good.
            Careful me dear, you'll have the gluten gestapo on yer case....I'm with vh67, I can't, but if can tolerate it, sheet a little ain't gonna kill ya....

Was in Paris a few years ago, went to the tunnel where she died to have a nose, tight quarters to be doing the speed of what the driver was accused of, I can give you the tip!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
              I still have a large leather backpack I bought for good money back in Frankfurt. We still use it, but mostly for overnights. Leather is just IT for so many things.
              I agree on the leather. My favorite jacket is a little black leather cropped jacket with a peplum. I love the dichotomy of tough guy leather and girl ruffle.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
              It is interesting how so many cultures use the same spice/herb combinations. I guess if it works, why change it? I always have garlic, onion and fresh ginger in my house. With those three things I can make just about anything taste yummy. I am not fond of the texture of cooked celery so I either chop it small, which feels like work or I use celery root. I discovered celery root and fennel a couple of years ago when I was getting a vegetable box from a CSA. Celery root, onion and fennel sautťed together over a low flame until brown and soft is heaven! Add spicy sausage and it is orgasmic! I love to add that to chard or kale.

I understand missing things like sourdough bread. I live near San Francisco and we have some of the best sourdough here. Unfortunately, I have a gluten intolerance and no one makes a good gluten-free sourdough so it is not even an option for me. Life is too short not to love what you eat, as long as it doesn't make you sick. I have really started to branch out and try new things. Some turn out and some have my husband suggesting that I don't make that particular thing ever again. One reason I love your journal so much is that you are always doing new food things. Well, that and you are funny, a little naughty and a very earthy philosopher.
              Aww... thanks. I think if I lived in SF, I'd have to start a journal called "Primal with a side of sourdough." heh. Celery root, onion, and fennel sounds awesome! You had me right up 'til the kale. I have brain images of Joan Crawford yelling, "You'll sit there until you finish it!" (The liver scene from Mommy Dearest.)

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
              Careful me dear, you'll have the gluten gestapo on yer case....I'm with vh67, I can't, but if can tolerate it, sheet a little ain't gonna kill ya....

Was in Paris a few years ago, went to the tunnel where she died to have a nose, tight quarters to be doing the speed of what the driver was accused of, I can give you the tip!
              There's so much gluten intolerance now. I don't know whether we've modified wheat so much that we made a lot of people sick, or if we all just ate so much bread that we got sick. Growing up, I remember there were always a couple of kids that would swell up like balloons if they ate strawberries, and once a year, it seemed some little kid would projectiley vomit milk in the cafeteria. The milk show was a fave of mine. A little kid standing about three feet away from a big garbage can doing a scene from The Exorcist. hahahaha But I don't remember anyone until the last 10 years or so not tolerating bread. I think it must be Monsanto's fault. I blame them for everything.

I remember my Mom calling me after Diana and saying, "They finally killed her." This apple doesn't fall far from that particular tree. I also remember that Mother Teresa died less than a week later, and everyone was still in such shock about Diana that I thought even in death, she did it quietly. She was one of my heroes.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• August 18, 2013 (Sunday)

Deleted by me.
                Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 10:26 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

There's so much gluten intolerance now..
                  And most of it isn't of the dietary kind.......

Comment

I wish I could say that itís making a whole lot of difference in my outlook and life. I am cutting some poundage that Iíd put on without noticing, so that makes me feel good. But other than that, I guess Iím just a fairly good functioning drunk because life hasnít magically gotten easier or better. Oh, and Iím saving a whole lot of money. Because when he ran out of the cheap bottom shelf vodka, I was buying the more expensive stuff.

Eat healthy foods that arenít processed. Walk around. Be your own petri dish. And above all, Trust No One!
                    Dang.... think of the stretch you hammies were getting bending over to get that bottom shelf hooch! So much for exerise!

Trust no one..... amen sistah.... preach on!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      And most of it isn't of the dietary kind.......
                      That cracks me up. I imagine that someday in grocery stores, bread will have to sit at the back of the shelf.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      Dang.... think of the stretch you hammies were getting bending over to get that bottom shelf hooch! So much for exerise!

Trust no one..... amen sistah.... preach on!
                      Guess I'll have to find other reasons to bend over.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I would offer to let you help me rip up carpet but I have a feeling you have something else in mind!

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                          I would offer to let you help me rip up carpet but I have a feeling you have something else in mind!
                          Indeed I did. But if I were closer, heck, I'd help. (Will work for coffee.)

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Deleted by me.
                            Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 10:29 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• That research on the copper got to be one of the most ambiguous piles of plop I've read in a while! They might as well have said it could give you an orgasm or piles....

I do a similar sort of thing to that egg thing you do, just keep the heat and use a plate!

Comment

That cracks me up. I imagine that someday in grocery stores, bread will have to sit at the back of the shelf.

Guess I'll have to find other reasons to bend over.
                                Wasn't the whole Civil Rights deal so no single group would have to sit in the back of the shelf?

There are many good reasons for bending over...... besides cheap hooch....

Comment

Working...
                                X