B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Question, Joanie - I searched for and found your tongue recipe, and will make it soon, but I have one problem - OMG, how did you manage to peel the damn thing?! Just LOOKING at it makes me all icky inside, and I like organs and stuff!
    Not Joanie but once it is cooked, it is really easy to peel. I didn't even use a knife, just my hands. And my puppies loved it!

Comment

I hope you are using sticky rice and not loose, fluffy long grain - or you will be finishing your dinner sometime tomorrow...
      I kind of make a mushy rice by sort of cooking it twice. IOW when most people would figure the rice was done, I add water and cook it again. So, not sticky, but not fluffy. And I have a fork at the ready. I wouldn't bet much more than 25cents that I'll be successful with the chopsticks.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
      Question, Joanie - I searched for and found your tongue recipe, and will make it soon, but I have one problem - OMG, how did you manage to peel the damn thing?! Just LOOKING at it makes me all icky inside, and I like organs and stuff!
      Originally posted by vh67 View Post
      Not Joanie but once it is cooked, it is really easy to peel. I didn't even use a knife, just my hands. And my puppies loved it!
      It is physically easy to peel. As to the aesthetics of it, I'm a one woman comedy act in the kitchen. I keep laughing at myself and telling myself what I wimp I am. Then I tell the tongue how disgusting it looks. Eventually it's just so bizarre that it doesn't matter any more. Crabcakes, you've had four babies - this will be a breeze.

And dogs do love it. My favorite neighbor dog has moved away.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Crabcakes, you've had four babies - this will be a breeze. .
        I shall endeavor to keep this in mind.

Last time I had anything to do with tongue, I had this brilliant idea to add it to my raw cat food mix since I had one in the freezer. So I thaw it, and then try to peel it with a paring knife while raw... I can still hear the Velcro-like sounds and almost still feel the roughness of the nubblies, just like giant cat tongue hooks, as I did mad battle to get the skin off. My skin was crawling.

And my beloved cats left every. Damn. Piece. Behind.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• That is the great thing about Labs, they eat anything! The tongue felt a little icky but I felt very "primal" removing it barehanded. It tasted great fried up with some eggs. My husband actually ate most of what I served him. I did get in trouble for asking if he "slipped the dog some tongue" when I wasn't looking.

Comment

• When eating non-sticky rice with chopsticks, such as fried rice and chinese rice(when not eating out of a small bowl that you can bring up to your mouth, which is proper even though westerners think it's bad manners), you can use the chopsticks held just a little apart to scoop into the rice and it should hold on top like a bridge. This should get you a decent small bite or mouthful.

Not too hard but it requires a bit of a steady hand.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche
            And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

I shall endeavor to keep this in mind.

Last time I had anything to do with tongue, I had this brilliant idea to add it to my raw cat food mix since I had one in the freezer. So I thaw it, and then try to peel it with a paring knife while raw... I can still hear the Velcro-like sounds and almost still feel the roughness of the nubblies, just like giant cat tongue hooks, as I did mad battle to get the skin off. My skin was crawling.

And my beloved cats left every. Damn. Piece. Behind.
              LMAO because cats are, well, cats. I imagine peeling it prior to cooking would be tough. Even touching it while it's still raw is a bit weird because it looks like a tongue. I'm sure if we thought about it too much, a whole chicken would seem a little creepy, but that's something we've all been raised on. Other cuts of meat don't really remind me of the original animal.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
              That is the great thing about Labs, they eat anything! The tongue felt a little icky but I felt very "primal" removing it barehanded. It tasted great fried up with some eggs. My husband actually ate most of what I served him. I did get in trouble for asking if he "slipped the dog some tongue" when I wasn't looking.
              Hahaha. You're funny. Glad your husband came around and ate it.

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
              When eating non-sticky rice with chopsticks, such as fried rice and chinese rice(when not eating out of a small bowl that you can bring up to your mouth, which is proper even though westerners think it's bad manners), you can use the chopsticks held just a little apart to scoop into the rice and it should hold on top like a bridge. This should get you a decent small bite or mouthful.

Not too hard but it requires a bit of a steady hand.
              This! Oh, and food is easier to pick up than paper towels and sleep masks. Which makes sense because that's their purpose. I ate the whole meal except for a few pieces of rice at the bottom of the bowl with the chopsticks. I thought I'd be picking rice from between my breasts, but it didn't happen. I did hold the bowl near my face.

I can add "learn to use chopsticks" to my list of new things in 2013. Yay!
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• August 12, 2013 (Monday)

Deleted by me.
                Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 10:12 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Sooooo THAAAAATS where the Cadburry creme eggs come from!!!

Comment

• Good day all!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    Sooooo THAAAAATS where the Cadburry creme eggs come from!!!
                    LOL, big time!

Would it have produced a rabken or a chickbit.....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                      Good day all!

LOL, big time!

Either one would taste good with some butter and garlic!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        Sooooo THAAAAATS where the Cadburry creme eggs come from!!!
                        Good thing I know not to be drinking fluids when I read your posts.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        Good day all!

LOL, big time!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        Either one would taste good with some butter and garlic!
                        Or covered in cheese.

(Just posted this same thing in Doc's journal. I wonder what would happen if I answered every post today with, "Or covered in cheese.")

B*tch-lite

Comment

• August 13, 2013 (Tuesday)

Deleted by me.
                          Last edited by JoanieL; 02-21-2014, 10:15 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

You know what does? Killing a palmetto bug that’s fallen into my sink, with my shoe. Spraying it with ammonia didn’t work. Trying to drown it didn’t work. So, I got one of my Crocs and beat the shit out of it until it stopped twitching. Then in my sternest voice, I said, “I hope your fucking friends and family can smell your death because the same fate is waiting for them, mf-er.”

A whine with no cheese. I’m famished. It’s been about 14 hours since I ate. I could eat. But have you ever looked in your kitchen and not been in the mood for anything there? That’s me right now. Like a freakin’ two-year-old. I’m hungry, but I don’t want grass fed hot dogs. How about sardines? Nope. Some stew? Uh uh. Chicken sausage? No. I know; you love marrow bones and even defrosted some today. I could roast those up in about a half hour. Not in the mood. ::: pout :::

Oh Em Gee! I just checked the temp and it’s 77 degrees out. I haven’t seen temperature that low in a couple of months. Now if only I could leave my vagina at home, I could go take a nice long walk (it’s almost 10pm).

Three-soda-a-day sugar habit could be toxic, Utah study finds | The Salt Lake Tribune

Sugar soda is as bad as inbreeding. There’s something poetic there.

Fears of 'Testicle-Eating' Fish Overblown - Really? You had to use the words Testicle and Overblown in the same headline?
                            When I was in sub school we caught one and nuked it in the microwave for 5 minutes..... farker crawled out of the cup when the sauna session was over.... they can't bear being stepped, but can survive a nuclear holocaust.... bastages

Usually when I get like that the "diet" takes a major drubbing.... good on ya for making a decent choice!

Sugar is bad for ya? No shit sherlock? How much money did the government pour down that rat hole of a study to figure out something that is comon freakin sense?

Testicles overblown? Not possible! except with TNT or Simtex maybe.....

Leave the vagina at home alone? What? You afraid it'll tear up the couch cushions while your out? Bad vagina! lol

Comment

Good thing I know not to be drinking fluids when I read your posts.

Or covered in cheese.

(Just posted this same thing in Doc's journal. I wonder what would happen if I answered every post today with, "Or covered in cheese.")
                              You would be one very popular girl!

Comment

• Blimey, I think I'd only take on one of they bugs armed with a bazooka, they sounds like tough mudderfudders!

Good on ya for the food choice, had that quandry a few times, try and knock out some Louis Armstrong if you do get musical....

Comment

Working...
                                X