B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
    Welcome back Joanie. It seems you are now in my old neck of the woods. I was a teacher on the McKenzie River from 1979-84.
    Cool beans. It was more hippieish back then fersure.

Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
    Austin is not as humid as we are, but prices are high there.
    I've heard that, but unemployment there is like 2.5% and there are a lot of "freaks" there, so it was totally a consideration.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    I'm joining the "welcome back" chorus, and I'm so glad you're doing well!

I really think there's some sort of primal instinct for some of us to find peace more easily in the right climate.
    Thank you, and I think you're correct about climate. I'm currently acting like I'm addicted to sun - opposite of what I was - a solarphobe.

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
    Heya Joanie, peace and love back to you too. So glad you enjoying the real world that you don't even need to be on here, but still I'm happy you're back Many more mellow days to you x
    Thanks, Annie. Still feeling really good. I also changed my "schedule" from waking at six to waking at five so I can volunteer in the kitchen. Goal: to be a successful meat thief. *chuckle*

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Hey J!!! Glad to hear from you at that you be ok... Glad to hear about feeling centered. Thats some important stuff right there!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum
    Thanks doc! Yep, not feeling like mental roadkill is important indeed.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
    Wow, no $hit! LOL

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
    Happy for you!!
    Thank you, baby!

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Good to hear your still with us J and that your in a good place, in more ways than one....

And wow V, thats some scary shit there!
    Thank you. Every day in every way, I'm getting better and better.

Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
    Missed you.

I like that area a lot - weather matters!
    It does in a very primal way.

I miss everyone, but kitchen duty awaits, so I must fly.

Peace, love, and lamb stew,
    J
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Woooo Hoooooo!!!!! I'm overjoyed that you have found a happy place! I had a feeling that if I left this forum for a short while, you'd come back and I'd miss the party...

I'm very relieved to hear you're feeling happier and more 'alive' {{hugs}}
      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Saw this in the news today J and thought of you, Baby sloth gets teddy as replacement mum at London Zool....

Soak up they rays....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Saw this in the news today J and thought of you, Baby sloth gets teddy as replacement mum at London Zool....

Soak up they rays....
          So they are putting lingerie on sloths in London???

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
            Weem British got us a reputation for being eccentric to uphold, don't ya know....

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
              Woooo Hoooooo!!!!! I'm overjoyed that you have found a happy place! I had a feeling that if I left this forum for a short while, you'd come back and I'd miss the party...

I'm very relieved to hear you're feeling happier and more 'alive' {{hugs}}
              Thank you, Aurora! Oddly enough, we're having a heat wave. But I still feel really good. I've got such a tan.

Saw this in the news today J and thought of you, Baby sloth gets teddy as replacement mum at London Zool....

Soak up they rays....
              OMG! I just died of cuteness. I'm as brown (tan) as I used to get as a child.

LOL!

Weem British got us a reputation for being eccentric to uphold, don't ya know....
              Just a bit. *chuckle*
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Fun link: The world's first insect and wine matching guide | Daily Mail Online

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I think I would need a few glasses BEFORE I tried the bugs.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                    I think I would need a few glasses BEFORE I tried the bugs.
                    glasses hell... bottles!

Comment

glasses hell... bottles!
                      That was what I was thinking!

Comment

• Now that's how to ruin good wine. Ewww!
                        Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Good to see you back, Joanie.

Comment

• I don't think there be enough Vino collapaso in that merchants to make they mealworms look appetising, must book me a trip to Laithwaites, err....

Comment

glasses hell... bottles!
                              My thoughts exactly!
                              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                                I think I would need a few glasses BEFORE I tried the bugs.
                                glasses hell... bottles!
                                Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                                That was what I was thinking!
                                Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                                Now that's how to ruin good wine. Ewww!
                                Y'all crack me up! (Keeping the "y'all" and calling folks "Baby," as two of the few things that I liked about you know where.)

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                Good to see you back, Joanie.
                                Thank you! It's good to be back.

I don't think there be enough Vino collapaso in that merchants to make they mealworms look appetising, must book me a trip to Laithwaites, err....
                                Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                                My thoughts exactly!
                                Mealworms would be a tough one for me also. Now fry them then cover them in dark chocolate, and that's a different story.

---------------

What to report...

Can't remember if I posted that I sprained my back which resulted in hip pain more than back pain. But (butt?) the good news is that I've gone from a walker and excruciating pain (pain killers are lovely drugs, by the way) to a cane for long walks (I leave the silly thing all over the place, I'm so much better), and pain is manageable with aspirin and the occasional ibuprofen. Secret to getting pain killers? Act like you don't want them. *heh.*

The mornings are cool, and folks make fun of me for glorying in them. I've added being wake-up lady to my volunteering in the kitchen and am having a ton of fun in a monastic sort of way.

Sober for 36 days, and raring to go out and tie one on. Good Joan, of course wants no such thing. Bad Joan, thank heaven, usually wins these things. Still it feels good to not be sad enough nor bored enough to really want to drink for lack of anything better to do. And of course, pot is legal here. And it doesn't count as a drug (I'd make a good Drug Czar, don'tcha think?) *snicker*

Gotta go. Love you all!
                                J

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X