No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm all packed up, but we won't leave until around 10, I'm going to let my son sleep as long as he needs to.

I'll start a thread once I'm settled.
    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
      Wait...are you guys offering your services? We don't need Obamacare or the NHS for that...
      The places this could go.... Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Well, I am feeling a bit randy these days!
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Thanks for clearing that up J, I missed that as well!

Hope the boys okay UF, and what a shame about not being able to catch up with V, and safe travels V!

I call that going into Oliver Reed mode as he was able to quaff a bit, reportedly....
          OMG on Reed. I had no idea. But hanging out with Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole would put a person in some hard drinking company indeed.

Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
          Thanks Joanie. Now I remember about the CF. My brain in foggy this week! Sending prayers and positive thoughts for infection to clear quickly.
          Not a prob. If I'd have had the rollercoaster couple of weeks you've just had, I'd be whimpering in bed for 24 hours straight (at least).

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
          Thanks everyone for the well wishes. I'm all packed up, but we won't leave until around 10, I'm going to let my son sleep as long as he needs to.

I'll start a thread once I'm settled.
          Be well to you both.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          The places this could go.... Lol
          Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
          Well, I am feeling a bit randy these days!
          I have no idea what either of you are talking about. And who's Randy?
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Can I thread hijack to wish UF love? It's as bad as dial-up here at the Badger homestead and I won't be online much, but everyone is in my thoughts. xxx
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Well, I am feeling a bit randy these days!
              Ive heard that video-chat is can be responsible for this... And the cure as well.. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Well....yeah...

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                  Can I thread hijack to wish UF love? It's as bad as dial-up here at the Badger homestead and I won't be online much, but everyone is in my thoughts. xxx
                  Of course!

Wishing you much fun on holiday!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  Ive heard that video-chat is can be responsible for this... And the cure as well.. Lol
                  Well....yeah...
                  Again, total innocence here.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Ain't no cure for what I got.....

Comment

• If I Were Queen of the World

Short post that would have made a regular post too long.

Just some imaginings. Like, "If I Were Queen of the World," type things.

- Food would no longer need an Organic label because it would be law to label things Not Organic.
                      - Farm subsidies would be stripped from billion dollar fake food manufacturers, and funnelled back to where they originally were targeted: Small Family Farms. Arbitrary on "small," would be 60 or fewer acres. (I'm open to hearing reasons to change that.)
                      - GMO foods would all be clearly labeled. This includes "product contains GMO ingredients."
                      -There would be no soft money and no PACs. Not about food. Not about anything.
                      - No one who worked in a specific industry in any bonus-receiving capacity could work in a Regulatory/Governmental Agency that had a hand in overseeing that industry for five (maybe ten) years after leaving said industry. And if that didn't help, then I'd change and say Never. In addition, since the unwashed masses are subject to random drug tests, I don't think it's unfair that workers in these agencies be subject to random financial audits. Failure to disclose that Cayman or Swiss account, if found, will result in immediate dismissal, and you're blackballed from working in these agencies forever. If I were really pissed off (Queens can get drunk with power), I might take away your right to vote.
                      - All research, and all media coverage on said research, would clearly indicate, at the top of the paper/presentation/article, what entity funded the research.
                      - Opposing views to the status quo would be listened to for real, not just for show.
                      - No governmental bodies like public schools would be allowed to tell parents what to give their children to eat. However, common sense would be encouraged. If a teacher or TA noticed that a child routinely brought only gummy worms and Coke for lunch, a few pamphlets on general nutrition could be sent home to the parents.
                      - Cities and locales would be discouraged from adding sin taxes to soda, sugar, fat, whatever. However, any city or locale that decided to collect said taxes would have a legal mandate to show that this money was spent on educating the public about food. PSAs, billboards, and bulk mail-outs would all be acceptable.
                      - Cigarettes and alcohol both are required to have warning labels, so there's precedent for this one. Any food product sold in a box, bag, can, or jar would carry a warning label if there's any controversy whatsoever regarding its ingredients. "Warning: some research has indicated that eating wheat will turn you foggy-headed and bloated. In addition, your farts will clear entire rooms."

That's just the food stuff.

- Children in public schools would be divided by gender for at least half the day. There's some research that even the most feminist of teachers call on boys more than they do on girls. Also some stuff to show that women who attend women's colleges tend to be more confident post graduation. And some research indicating that coed PE classes have been detrimental for girls.
                      - I'd bring back "getting left back" (failing a grade and repeating it). I know all the warm and fuzzy reasons this got stopped, but really, if a child does badly enough in first or second grade, and you don't leave her/him back, might you not be setting them up for maybe permanent failure by not preparing them thoroughly for the next grade?
                      - National tests at various levels to see how the kids are doing. I'd have to research this more to know what grades it would be best at.
                      - Emphasis: Math and reading. Math and reading. Math and reading. If you ever want to be appalled, see if you can google copies of math tests given to seventh graders in decades past. Go back to the 1930s. Teach a child to really be able to read comprehensively and to do math with understanding, and they will always be able to learn anything they want.
                      - And since I'm Queen, and therefore can be unreasonable, every public school will have a food garden and some chickens. Children under my dominion will not think that hunting means killing while buying in the grocery store doesn't.

- No dominion laws relating to sex, drugs, or rock 'n' roll for adults. I would try to take a hands off approach to local laws, but stoning women for adultery will get you in deep shite. (My Britslang for the day.)
                      - Domestic violence will be rewarded in kind. If you weigh 180, and you beat your 120 pound spouse, you get to be beaten by someone who weighs 270. Now your life sucks.
                      - Hitting a child will get you anger management classes at the very least. However, I might revise that so that if you weigh 180 and you hit a 60 pound child and it's much more than a swat on the bottom. You'll get hit by someone weighing 540. I'll even let him sit on you.
                      - No one shall lose his/her home because of property taxes. Especially seniors or the disabled. Penalizing people for having the good sense to buy property in an area that becomes weirdly trendy in the future is cruel.
                      - One dominion age of majority. Y'all can vote on this. But at X years old, one becomes an adult and can vote, drive, marry, enlist, drink, own a gun, see X rated movies, etc. At that age, there will also be no "youthful offender" considerations, so you'd better vote wisely.
                      - Ditch the three strikes laws. It gives the offender the incentive to kill all witnesses to the third offense. In addition, let's unhandcuff judges. Mandatory sentencing is an admission that our judges are stupid. Case by case. Report bad judges and let them be vetted. Better yet, let's make the primary qualifcation for judges be brains rather than apple polishing.

Not an exhaustive list by any means, but I've only been Queen for about an hour.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Ain't no cure for what I got.....
                        BOB - battery operated boyfriend.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Re single-sex education. I believe the research shows that girls benefit from it, but boys do better in mixed classes than boys-only classes. If Sprout had been a girl it would definitely have been a consideration.
                          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                            BOB - battery operated boyfriend.
                            Alas, I tire of BOB. Need some skin.

Comment

• I offer this edict for the Queen to consider: If a corporation does bodily harm or poisons our shared resources, the individuals heading the corporations can not hide behind the corporation. They will be held accountable in criminal court.
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                                Re single-sex education. I believe the research shows that girls benefit from it, but boys do better in mixed classes than boys-only classes. If Sprout had been a girl it would definitely have been a consideration.
                                My first instinct is, "I don't care about boys! They get all the advantages later." But, alas, I do care about boys because without strong boys, where will the strong men come from? And of course, so many here post about wonderful sons that it gives me hope for the future. I did split the day in half, so hopefully that would help both.

I read about a private school in NYC that is taking an hour a day to segregate the kids by race so that they can talk about race without the fear of offending other classmates. The school is very mixed. My first thought was just another social experiment using kids as guinea pigs. But I started thinking... If we start the dialog at nine years old, and answer questions honestly and intelligently, maybe the next generation will be more color blind than previous ones.

My landlord has referred to "those people." In a city where Caucasians are the minority! I just shake my head in horror, wishing I had an awl to shove into his temple.

Alas, I tire of BOB. Need some skin.
                                A leather one? I couldn't resist.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X