B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    I only googled the one article, and your perception seems correct. 5 Facts About Breastfeeding After a C-Section And though the article indicates that the pain meds are safe for baby, and only make her sleepy, I'm sure many moms agonize over which is worse - breastfeeding with pain meds or not breast feeding at all. There are also pain issues, so the c-section mom needs more help with breast feeding.
    I had a c-section with my twins. I also breastfed them for over a year. I didn't agonize at all. I just had to figure out the logistics of feeding 2 at a time.

Comment

• Awww.... look what I found!
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        For six months, we used to chant together: once you're four, there's no more. However, he will still, STILL talk about wanting Mummy milk, wishing Mummy milk was still available, nuzzle his head into my (clothed) chest... Child is quite the breast man.
        Wow, that stuff really is like crack!

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
        I breastfed my 2 dudes till I had to return to work at 6 months, as I was on 12 hour shiftwork at the time, and pumping wasn't working particularly well.

Both were sprouting teeth at 4 months, so gnawing on bits of people foods started when they were interested in grabbing them a bit later.

Interesting thing about breast milk, was when I started manually expressing into their pablum cereal (and truly feeling somewhat cow like, bending over the kitchen counter squeezing my own milk into the dish O_o) and chose to taste it, that it is actually quite sweet. I was quite surprised.

Would likely have nursed for longer, had it not been for work scheduling. Regardless, glad I did as long as it was, neither had any typical infections (ears, tonsils, etc) until starting in standard daycares later on (no issue with private small daycare), and now are strapping young lads of 18 and 20. No allergies, infrequent respiratory or other infections.
        LOL at you feeling bovine at milking into the pablum. I've heard men say that the milk is sweet also. An unexpected perq of having a lactating wife.

Originally posted by marcadav View Post
        I had a c-section with my twins. I also breastfed them for over a year. I didn't agonize at all. I just had to figure out the logistics of feeding 2 at a time.
        To show you what a ditz I can be, I always just figured, two babies, two breasts, it's all good. But just now when I really thought about it, I can see the issue. Did you feed them both at once? How old are they now?

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        Awww.... look what I found!

This stuff isn't bad, but I'm going for that breast ASAP!
        Fixed that for you.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          To show you what a ditz I can be, I always just figured, two babies, two breasts, it's all good. But just now when I really thought about it, I can see the issue. Did you feed them both at once? How old are they now?
          Most of the time I fed them at the same time. My daughters will be 25 next month.

Comment

My kid would *still* prefer Mummy milk to food, if he could get hold of it. That stuff was more addictive than crack, if his glassy-eyed stare of longing is anything to go by.
            I'm forty odd years older than your lttle un and I still get afflicted with that glassy eyed stare from time to time....

Great fix J....

Comment

Baby Led Weaning - The Mush Stops Here!

Yep, and those gums are strong. Also, sprog has (some) teeth at six months. From six months we gave the small boy various finger foods to play with, but he didn't start eating until I was no longer in the room (when he was babysat or whatever) at age two. I had believed in the self-weaned baby, but it was not to be. We night weaned at around three years old and in the end I had to draw the line somewhere, so four it was (though I kept going for a few extra days as we were flying back to Australia and frankly the convenience was not to be missed). My kid would *still* prefer Mummy milk to food, if he could get hold of it. That stuff was more addictive than crack, if his glassy-eyed stare of longing is anything to go by.
              My son told me it was better than chocolate. He too was weaned at 4, not by his choice.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• I'm sure as a parent (hypothetically) the idea of breast-feeding a kid that long will seem less creepy to me. I like the idea of providing that strong nutritional base to my hypothetical future children for as long as possible, but once a kid is pretty verbal... I guess it's just cultural/exposure. My SIL has 4 kids, all close in age (~2 yrs), so most breast-fed for about 2 yrs, but food was introduced around 6 months. None of my friends growing up had baby siblings. My brother (10 yrs younger) breast-fed for probably a solid 6 months, but I can't remember for sure. Now I bet if I ask my mom, she'll ask me if I'm thinking of having kids but NO I'M HONESTLY JUST CURIOUS. The curse of being married, young, and without children. If you choose not to have kids, when do those questions stop? Ever? My husband opts to change his answer every time he's asked. "No, probably not having kids." "Maybe someday." "Next month. ("Really?") No."

Sorry, I got off-track.

(I hope no one will take offense to me being weirded out by breast-feeding past toddler years.)
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Nameless, before I had my son I never imagined that I would nurse for 4 yrs! There were many things I thought I'd never do, home birth, co-sleeping (I honestly thought we'd use a crib) unschooling, probably other things I can't think of right now. You just don't know what you'll do until you're a parent. Then again there are those that do exactly as they thought they would.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Sabine has a rather amusing story about breastfeeding -it's in her journal in the way way back.
                    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder
                      If you choose not to have kids, when do those questions stop? Ever?
                      For us it stopped when I got my tubes tied at age 35 and made a point of telling family on both sides about my little procedure.

My MIL used to tell me it would make our relationship more "permanent" - Really???
                      M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                      - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                        My MIL used to tell me it would make our relationship more "permanent" - Really???
                        Isn't that the whole idea behind marriage?!
                        Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                          One would think so...
                          M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                          - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Oh the thinking in that generation! My former MIL told me to stop my birth control pills without informing my husband! I was appalled at that suggestion.

Then, when I did provide g/children, they were boys and she was only goo-gooed by girls. To this day all she talks about is her female offspring. She is now 88yo.
                            Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                            CW: 2017: 150
                            GW: 130 a dream, I know
                            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                              Most of the time I fed them at the same time. My daughters will be 25 next month.
                              Cool. Mostly, since I never experienced it, I romanticize breast feeding. So, the idea of a young mother breast feeding two baby girls makes me smile broadly.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              I'm forty odd years older than your lttle un and I still get afflicted with that glassy eyed stare from time to time....

Great fix J....
                              LOL on glassy eyed stare. The baby had that side glance and it just hit me that he might be staring at the source of Mummy Milk.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              My son told me it was better than chocolate. He too was weaned at 4, not by his choice.
                              Socially, I always thought that if someone was going to breastfeed, four would be a decent age to wean. A year before kindergarten so baby isn't being stressed by two things at once. Oh, and baby would have to understand that s/he couldn't just stick his head under your shirt when in public.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              I'm sure as a parent (hypothetically) the idea of breast-feeding a kid that long will seem less creepy to me. I like the idea of providing that strong nutritional base to my hypothetical future children for as long as possible, but once a kid is pretty verbal... I guess it's just cultural/exposure. My SIL has 4 kids, all close in age (~2 yrs), so most breast-fed for about 2 yrs, but food was introduced around 6 months. None of my friends growing up had baby siblings. My brother (10 yrs younger) breast-fed for probably a solid 6 months, but I can't remember for sure. Now I bet if I ask my mom, she'll ask me if I'm thinking of having kids but NO I'M HONESTLY JUST CURIOUS. The curse of being married, young, and without children. If you choose not to have kids, when do those questions stop? Ever? My husband opts to change his answer every time he's asked. "No, probably not having kids." "Maybe someday." "Next month. ("Really?") No."

Sorry, I got off-track.

(I hope no one will take offense to me being weirded out by breast-feeding past toddler years.)
                              I like your husband's responses to what should be a very personal question. For me the question of when I was going to have a baby stopped right around 40. You may have a ways to go.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                              Nameless, before I had my son I never imagined that I would nurse for 4 yrs! There were many things I thought I'd never do, home birth, co-sleeping (I honestly thought we'd use a crib) unschooling, probably other things I can't think of right now. You just don't know what you'll do until you're a parent. Then again there are those that do exactly as they thought they would.
                              I've wondered about co-sleeping. Do you have sex when the baby is in bed with you? Yep, that's my only concern.

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                              Sabine has a rather amusing story about breastfeeding -it's in her journal in the way way back.
                              I tried to search her journal for it, but I couldn't find it.

Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                              For us it stopped when I got my tubes tied at age 35 and made a point of telling family on both sides about my little procedure.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                              One would think so...
                              MILs can be a trial. As can mothers and grandmothers, and I suppose aunts (I've almost no experience with aunts because Mom was an only and Dad was raised as an only child). They can't fathom their sons and the wives of their sons wanting something different from what they wanted. *sigh*

Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
                              Oh the thinking in that generation! My former MIL told me to stop my birth control pills without informing my husband! I was appalled at that suggestion.

Then, when I did provide g/children, they were boys and she was only goo-gooed by girls. To this day all she talks about is her female offspring. She is now 88yo.
                              Appalled indeed! Flipping that around, how would a woman feel if the birth control in question was a diaphragm, and hubby punctured it with tiny holes so wifey got pregnant. Underhandedness in a marriage is terrible advice.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Re: co-sleeping. Joanie...and world... we once had sex while I was breastfeeding small . I *know*. But it was either that or stop what we were doing... It was a very, very strange combination of sensations and an experience I wasn't eager to repeat.
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Working...
                                X