Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    I'm cracking up. I know you're not planning a second career in politics, but I'll stop asking.
    Just falling back on my submariner training.....

    Comment


    • Y'all remember when I posted about the time I tried a 100 proof (50% ABV) whiskey? It was an experience that will keep me within the parameters of 80 proof for the rest of my life. Here's a link to: 11 Strongest alcoholic beverages in the world that will knock you down : Vodka : DrinkWire - I was cracking up at some of the potencies. Some even come with warnings about being flammable. hahahah
      We were on holiday and you may be shocked to hear, we were at the bar, the pool bar this time and it had an ant invasion, so the barman poured some of the local turpentine rum over the bar and he flambed the ants without a blink of an eye, it were bloody toasty and went on for a good while an' all, fair to say that rum burnt better than it tasted....

      Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of said poster....
      Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      Just falling back on my submariner training.....
      Very well avoided sir, never admit it and never volounteer for it....

      Comment


      • I miss sandwiches. Now I've kinda just decided to cave here and there if I can get good sourdough...
        Breathe. Move forward.

        I just eat what I want...

        Comment


        • - Many Health Insurers Go Big With Initial 2016 Rate Requests - ABC News - Color everyone surprised.
          I am shocked, awed, and surprised. What an "unexpected" turn of events.
          The proposed double-digit hikes would apply to plans sold on the health insurance exchanges created under President Barack Obama's law, as well as individual coverage sold through brokers and agents.
          Rant begins:
          But it's free, right? And you can keep your Doc, and your old policy if you like it? Right? And you can make selections to tailor your coverage to your individual needs, right? No, none of the above. One size fits everyone in terms of what's covered. Old policy disappeared with Obamacare--Company discontinued it, Doc not on the "affordable" plans available. New policies (in year one) were about $200/mo more than the old one. I'm so happy my wife (over 60, not yet eligible for medicare) is covered for essentials like pregnancy, and me too! And they only demand a copy of your tax return to ensure you get the discounted, tax credit rate. One trip to the ER, and with that deductible, we're on a payment plan to the hospital for the next 14 months. Not to mention how easy it is to work through the umpteen jillion screens you have to pound through on healthcare.gov to select and sign up for it.

          Yes, please give Prez Obama the credit. He deserves it. However, the glory and credit must be shared with the Reps/Senators who voted for something they didn't read or understand, (of course, you have to pass it before you know what's in it, thankee Nancy Pelosi.) But note that they had the wisdom to exempt themselves from it. SNAFU
          Rant ends
          Sorry 'bout that
          The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Rig D View Post
            I am shocked, awed, and surprised. What an "unexpected" turn of events.

            Rant begins:
            But it's free, right? And you can keep your Doc, and your old policy if you like it? Right? And you can make selections to tailor your coverage to your individual needs, right? No, none of the above. One size fits everyone in terms of what's covered. Old policy disappeared with Obamacare--Company discontinued it, Doc not on the "affordable" plans available. New policies (in year one) were about $200/mo more than the old one. I'm so happy my wife (over 60, not yet eligible for medicare) is covered for essentials like pregnancy, and me too! And they only demand a copy of your tax return to ensure you get the discounted, tax credit rate. One trip to the ER, and with that deductible, we're on a payment plan to the hospital for the next 14 months. Not to mention how easy it is to work through the umpteen jillion screens you have to pound through on healthcare.gov to select and sign up for it.

            Yes, please give Prez Obama the credit. He deserves it. However, the glory and credit must be shared with the Reps/Senators who voted for something they didn't read or understand, (of course, you have to pass it before you know what's in it, thankee Nancy Pelosi.) But note that they had the wisdom to exempt themselves from it. SNAFU
            Rant ends
            Sorry 'bout that
            Sing it, Mister!!!

            We got a letter from one of our 3 health insurance companies (yes, we had to split up our family members), telling us that our monthly premium was increasing for the coming year. The math came out to 26% of an increase! Monthly premiums for 3 family members will now be $1072.00/month. We also pay $109/mo for DS and $100/mo for me on the two other plans.

            Thankfully, most of us are very healthy. With all the premiums we pay out, we're not left with much if we had to pay the deductables and co-pays for our max out-of-pocket even for one family member.

            Free, my ass!
            Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

            Comment


            • I am thankful that my friend with a heart problem, can now afford insurance, and regular checkups, and can start paying her old medical debt instead of creating new debt.

              I am thankful that my adult but under 25 children can have coverage, and are healthy, so that the money put into the system for them can be spent on others who need care.

              I am thankful that the fear that an unexpected medical emergency might wipe us out has disappeared from my cares.

              Can gratitude be a rant? Perhaps.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Just falling back on my submariner training.....
                Good training, indeed!

                Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                We were on holiday and you may be shocked to hear, we were at the bar, the pool bar this time and it had an ant invasion, so the barman poured some of the local turpentine rum over the bar and he flambed the ants without a blink of an eye, it were bloody toasty and went on for a good while an' all, fair to say that rum burnt better than it tasted...

                Very well avoided sir, never admit it and never volounteer for it....
                LOL on flambéd ants. The barman was smart indeed.

                Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                I miss sandwiches. Now I've kinda just decided to cave here and there if I can get good sourdough...
                I've been all over from 100% (including grass fed, etc.) to 80/20. I figure that even if I'm anything over 51/49, I'm doing better than most. I'm not big on fanaticism. 80/20 or even on a bad week 70/30 is fine with me.

                Originally posted by Rig D View Post
                I am shocked, awed, and surprised. What an "unexpected" turn of events.

                Rant begins:
                But it's free, right? And you can keep your Doc, and your old policy if you like it? Right? And you can make selections to tailor your coverage to your individual needs, right? No, none of the above. One size fits everyone in terms of what's covered. Old policy disappeared with Obamacare--Company discontinued it, Doc not on the "affordable" plans available. New policies (in year one) were about $200/mo more than the old one. I'm so happy my wife (over 60, not yet eligible for medicare) is covered for essentials like pregnancy, and me too! And they only demand a copy of your tax return to ensure you get the discounted, tax credit rate. One trip to the ER, and with that deductible, we're on a payment plan to the hospital for the next 14 months. Not to mention how easy it is to work through the umpteen jillion screens you have to pound through on healthcare.gov to select and sign up for it.

                Yes, please give Prez Obama the credit. He deserves it. However, the glory and credit must be shared with the Reps/Senators who voted for something they didn't read or understand, (of course, you have to pass it before you know what's in it, thankee Nancy Pelosi.) But note that they had the wisdom to exempt themselves from it. SNAFU
                Rant ends
                Sorry 'bout that
                You need never apologize for being pissed off at the govt here. Obama is a mediocre fail IMO. Words like impotent and lackey come to mind when I think of him. And not because he's part black, but because he acts like a lackey of special interests.

                Because of the way I live, I don't have insurance. I've been without it before. If I get really sick, I'll have myself taken to a Catholic hospital and take what I can get. As they say, Life's a Bitch, then you die. But I truly ache for those who feel financial crunches because of trying to stay healthy without losing the hard-earned assets they've spent a lifetime acquiring.

                Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                Sing it, Mister!!!

                We got a letter from one of our 3 health insurance companies (yes, we had to split up our family members), telling us that our monthly premium was increasing for the coming year. The math came out to 26% of an increase! Monthly premiums for 3 family members will now be $1072.00/month. We also pay $109/mo for DS and $100/mo for me on the two other plans.

                Thankfully, most of us are very healthy. With all the premiums we pay out, we're not left with much if we had to pay the deductables and co-pays for our max out-of-pocket even for one family member.

                Free, my ass!
                Vote, vote, vote folks. A 26% increase on anything is unconscionable. Write letters. Sign petitions. Demonstrate. Hide your money and get off the grid as much as you can stand. They're coming after us and we can fight back or be enslaved by their bullshit.

                Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                I am thankful that my friend with a heart problem, can now afford insurance, and regular checkups, and can start paying her old medical debt instead of creating new debt.

                I am thankful that my adult but under 25 children can have coverage, and are healthy, so that the money put into the system for them can be spent on others who need care.

                I am thankful that the fear that an unexpected medical emergency might wipe us out has disappeared from my cares.

                Can gratitude be a rant? Perhaps.
                From what I can see, Obarfocare has only shifted the burden from the poor to the middle class. The rich don't have to worry ever. The affluent can meet most deductibles. But, if you pit the poor against the middle class, then you have the crumb snatchers wrestling with each other while you rob them of everything. It's a great strategy.

                To Obarfo and his ilk: :::spit:::
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                B*tch-lite

                Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                Comment


                • Agree w/Sabine. I have numerous friends with preexisting conditions. I have grandsons who needed coverage.

                  For those two reasons alone I am happy with this package.

                  It was never stated that it would be free as I recall.
                  Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                  CW: 10-11-16: 144
                  GW: 130 a dream, I know
                  Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Because of the way I live, I don't have insurance. I've been without it before. If I get really sick, I'll have myself taken to a Catholic hospital and take what I can get. As they say, Life's a Bitch, then you die. But I truly ache for those who feel financial crunches because of trying to stay healthy without losing the hard-earned assets they've spent a lifetime acquiring.

                    To Obarfo and his ilk: :::spit:::
                    The thought has crossed my mind, many times, that we should just take the money we pay annually in premiums and stick it in some high interest CD or something every year. If we have some major health issue than we'd at least be able to use that and if not, then it can just keep building.
                    Then I rethink it all. One really major illness could really wipe you out financially. My cancer diagnosis 6 yrs ago totaled around $110,000 and I had to pay $4500 out-of-pocket, plus I had a cancer policy with AFLAC that paid out VERY well. If I had to have had chemo & radiation, I'm sure the expense would've been 10 times more.

                    And then there's the fine for not having health insurance...
                    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

                    Comment


                    • Insurance is to cover significant losses due to unexpected circumstances. If you treated your house or car insurance like everyone treats their health "insurance" no one could afford the insurance.... the rates would be astronomical... Health insurance isn't really insurance, but a health maintenance payment plan...... which is part of why its so bloody expensive. I rarely use my health insurance, but my rates doubled this year...

                      Anything the government gets involved in always costs more and is incredibly inefficient.... and lacks anything that could be remotely confused with compassion.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                        The thought has crossed my mind, many times, that we should just take the money we pay annually in premiums and stick it in some high interest CD or something every year. If we have some major health issue than we'd at least be able to use that and if not, then it can just keep building.
                        Then I rethink it all. One really major illness could really wipe you out financially. My cancer diagnosis 6 yrs ago totaled around $110,000 and I had to pay $4500 out-of-pocket, plus I had a cancer policy with AFLAC that paid out VERY well. If I had to have had chemo & radiation, I'm sure the expense would've been 10 times more.

                        And then there's the fine for not having health insurance...
                        Sounds like you planned well.. you had insurance to do what insurance is supposed to do... cover the risk of the unexpected catastrophe.... Agree that we should be stashing away cash for the unexpected... but then you can't buy the hottest cars every year, or the newest Apple product, or whatever glitzy thing comes out next that has to be had in our "consumer" driven economy...

                        Comment


                        • I don't know all the details and I'm not sure I want to, but the Obama fork up was I think well intentioned, but doomed from the start really as the insurance companies have got too much to lose, and you've got to make the idea workable and something the people can believe will work, or is that me being cynical....

                          I pay a percentage of my wages, (£55.50p a week at the moment (about $85)) which is taken at source into our NHS, which if I need treatment, I gets it, whatever that is, which I thinks a pretty good deal to me, I'm not sure you could ever set up a system like that in the US as the NHS isn't a profit making organisation, though I'm sure there are charity hospitals over your way for the poor, or is that me being cynical again.... if I'm wrong though, it wouldn't be the first time, I'm more than happy to be corrected!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            I'm more than happy to be corrected!
                            happiness depending on the amount of leather she be sporting.. oh, wait.... not THAT kinda happy... sorry..

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              happiness depending on the amount of leather she be sporting.. oh, wait.... not THAT kinda happy... sorry..
                              Lol, I'm not adverse to a bit o' that sort of correction, it'd cost I a bit more than 55 and a half quid a week though....

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Lol, I'm not adverse to a bit o' that sort of correction, it'd cost I a bit more than 55 and a half quid a week though....
                                damned inflation....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X