No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also chuckled at the compost murder, probably needed a bit longer under the pile to enhance the compost, would any regular composters reading, know what sort of time would be needed? (Leading question or what....) How come only 2nd degree, sticking him under the pile looks a bit dodgy....

Doffs cap to Chipoltle, fair play to um.

Note to self, must look for vaginal extract when shopping next....

Oh dat puppy....

Comment

• Every composter knows not to use protein; it attracts hungry mammals = police? Love reading your snippets; actually every little bit you enter.
      Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
      CW: 10-11-16: 144
      GW: 130 a dream, I know
      Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
        Gaaaaaaah that puppy!!!! So cute!!!!!
        I know. I can't believe how it fits in that hot dog bun. LOL

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
        I also chuckled at the compost murder, probably needed a bit longer under the pile to enhance the compost, would any regular composters reading, know what sort of time would be needed? (Leading question or what....) How come only 2nd degree, sticking him under the pile looks a bit dodgy....

Doffs cap to Chipoltle, fair play to um.

Note to self, must look for vaginal extract when shopping next....

Oh dat puppy....
        I tried to read more on that murder, but all the stories give few details. The only thing I can figure is that it wasn't planned. He called her a dumbass once too often; she was in a bad mood; served him his breakfast; used the skillet to dent his head. Shit happens. If she'd poisoned him, that would most likely be first degree.

Google says it takes a body six to eight years in dirt to decompose to a skeleton. Probably faster in manure, but I couldn't find a figure.

Not sure if that extract would be with the other baking needs or somewhere near the personal lubricants.

Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
        Every composter knows not to use protein; it attracts hungry mammals = police? Love reading your snippets; actually every little bit you enter.
        I've never composted. But that makes sense. Nothing like going to toss stuff on the compost pile only to be growled at by jackals... or police...

I read you almost every day also. (Mutual admiration society.)
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          I tried to read more on that murder, but all the stories give few details. The only thing I can figure is that it wasn't planned. He called her a dumbass once too often; she was in a bad mood; served him his breakfast; used the skillet to dent his head. Shit happens. If she'd poisoned him, that would most likely be first degree.

Google says it takes a body six to eight years in dirt to decompose to a skeleton. Probably faster in manure, but I couldn't find a figure.
          Somehow this seems like the spot to confess that Dateline is my guilty pleasure...
          Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
            Every composter knows not to use protein; it attracts hungry mammals = police? Love reading your snippets; actually every little bit you enter.
            which is why you grind it up first.... chipper shredder works after the body is frozen.... sheet mulching would work too... or feeding to pigs or chickens (after being ground, chickens would LOVE the extra protein!)

Comment

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
              They sort of hungry mammals ain't the type you wants poking around really....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
              which is why you grind it up first.... chipper shredder works after the body is frozen.... sheet mulching would work too... or feeding to pigs or chickens (after being ground, chickens would LOVE the extra protein!)
              So feeding a body to the pigs (Harry the Hatchet style in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels), would be preferable to the compost heap then, well we learn sommat everyday....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post

So feeding a body to the pigs (Harry the Hatchet style in Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels), would be preferable to the compost heap then, well we learn sommat everyday....
                There would be a couple of benefits I believe.... poo from the porkers..... and pork from the porkers..... and no evidence!

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  There would be a couple of benefits I believe.... poo from the porkers..... and pork from the porkers..... and no evidence!
                  Lol, everyones happy then, err bar the person who was formally the body of course....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    Lol, everyones happy then, err bar the person who was formally the body of course....
                    they and the porkers that became chops and sausage... might be a bit of a downer to get slaughtered and salted...

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                      Somehow this seems like the spot to confess that Dateline is my guilty pleasure...
                      We all have them. I can't confess mine in a public forum.

they and the porkers that became chops and sausage... might be a bit of a downer to get slaughtered and salted...
                      When one can receive both education and laughter at the same time, one is truly blessed.

The wood chipper never fails to bring back to memory that scene from Fargo.

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Does anyone else think it's a tad mean for this company to send me literature right after I turned 60? Neptune Society - America's Trusted Cremation Provider since 1973 - That's cold. Very very cold. *laughing*

I didn't do much today. Got caught up in another Australian TV show called Offspring. I like it, but with the same stipulation as the last one - the major character is a bit annoying after a few episodes, while the rest of the ensemble remains likeable. And in this case, very likeable. Not the actress' fault at all. It's usually the writers in that instance.

Beautiful day. I did take my walk and do some out of the house chores. But spent most of my time in front of the tube (my ass is getting flat) and doing housework. Another day where I didn't feel like eating. So I went and got an avocado and will have that chopped up in a pile of scrambled eggs tonight. My 20 for today will be a single serving bag of animal crackers. I like single-serving sizes for 20 foods. If I buy a bag of Pepperidge Farm cookies or a big bag of CheezToes, I'm going to eat a little of it every day until it's gone. I may even overeat it. But a single serving - eat and gone.

Any Buffy fans might remember a cute scene between Oz and Willow where he asks her if she ever noticed that the monkey is the only Animal Cracker with clothes. He then goes on to explain to her (after doing an imitation of the monkey bragging about his clothes in a French accent) that all monkeys are French. hmmm... You might have had to have been there.

So, the temps were pleasant, and it never got above 74F (23C), but hardly any rain. With all that sun, it was easier to stay indoors. I sometimes wonder if I can ever be truly healthy with my dislike of sunny days.

There was a recipe for nori wrapped salmon in the blog a couple of days ago. For myself, I think the nori is too powerful tasting to pair with salmon. However, I did a take on the idea with chicken thighs. Instead of wrapping them, I layered the bottom of the baking dish with some sheets of nori. Rinsed the thighs (skin on) and laid them on top of that. Seasoned with s&p and granulated garlic. Layered on more sheets of nori, patting them so that they stuck well to the damp thighs (oh my! damp thighs!). Baked at 400F (204C) until the juices ran clear when the thighs were cut into near the bone. It came out really nice. I think I'd leave out the bottom layer of nori next time, both for the strong taste of it and for the mess factor.

The interactive portion of this post. It's always about me, me, me, so I want to know about you, you, you. If you want to play, please let me know:

1. Favorite color for clothing. That may be too tough - up to three colors.
                        2. The favorite car you ever owned and why.
                        3. You're going to be away from civilization for a decent period of time. You can have an unlimited supply of food, but only five types. What would they be? Hint: Meat isn't a food; you have to be more specific.
                        4. Money is no object. You can have three homes. Where would they be and what type (apartment, mansion, cottage, cabin, etc.) would they be?
                        5. Again, money being no object, what would be your general style of furnishings in your home.
                        6. Your last supper. (A two-parter.) What would the meal be (no limit on type or number of foods)? The five people you want to eat it with?
                        7. Your fantasy lover. If you couldn't be with your current love (or if you don't have one), who would you be with? Can be someone you know or an entertainer, sports figure, someone already dead, etc.
                        8. What first attracts you to a potential lover as far as style? Suits? Trashy? Leather? Tats? Long/short hair? Hourglass/boyish thin? Muscular/lean/chubby? Eye/hair color? Tall/short? Other?
                        9. What are some of your favorite movies or TV shows that would give another person an insight into the kind of person you are?
                        10. You can have one day where you can do anything that you want and there will be no penalties of any kind. No jail time, your spouse won't ever know, no hangover, etc. Tell me a little about that day.

A fun read, though not paleo/primal (some are) - 6 Foods You Can Cook on a Stick | The Art of Manliness

News: Apple Watch Is Not Compatible With Wrist Tattoos | Wall Street OTC - This gave me a chuckle. Talk about failing your demographic by not knowing them.
                        - Antarctica's Mysterious 'Blood Falls' Explained In New Study - This is kind of cool.
                        - Youthful binge-drinking changes the brain — for the worse — into adulthood - Newsday - I thought this was timely since UF had mentioned that cannabis has a different affect on the teenage brain than it does on the adult brain. Apparently binge drinking does also.

The gallery:

Attributed to Bill Gates, but I read something like
                        this in a Heinlein novel way back in the stone age.

This is what happens when you cross The Exorcist with gymnastics.

Jello Turkey Veggie Salad.
                        Served pleasingly with a roll and a pat of what is no doubt, margarine.

Screen capture from one of Bourdain's shows. I can't remember
                        the country, but apparently McD's doesn't have as much power there.

LOL!

Peace, love, and spying,
                        J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• 1. Favorite color for clothing. That may be too tough - up to three colors. blue, grey, pink
                          2. The favorite car you ever owned and why. volvo 60s sedan, first car, felt like it clung to the road
                          3. You're going to be away from civilization for a decent period of time. You can have an unlimited supply of food, but only five types. What would they be? Hint: Meat isn't a food; you have to be more specific.eye or round roast (can cut into steaks or use whole, avocado, eggs, onion, potato
                          4. Money is no object. You can have three homes. Where would they be and what type (apartment, mansion, cottage, cabin, etc.) would they be? Hawaii on the beach 3 bedroom 3 bath condo with amenities, Estes park area of Colorado - cabin with fireplace, gourmet kitchen, and plenty of room for the whole family, Northern Italy a cozy cottage for two with a great kitchen and views
                          5. Again, money being no object, what would be your general style of furnishings in your home.a mix of old and new, natural woods, comfort
                          6. Your last supper. (A two-parter.) What would the meal be (no limit on type or number of foods)? The five people you want to eat it with? crispy pork belly app, cream of green chili soup, blue cheese wedge salad with bacon, ribeye steak medium rare, onions and mushrooms in butter, fresh grilled asparagus, baked sweet potato with butter and cinnamon, berries and whipped cream a selection of wines to go with each course - Just 5? I want my forum buddies and my family!
                          7. Your fantasy lover. If you couldn't be with your current love (or if you don't have one), who would you be with? Can be someone you know or an entertainer, sports figure, someone already dead, etc.hubby does it for me
                          8. What first attracts you to a potential lover as far as style? Suits? Trashy? Leather? Tats? Long/short hair? Hourglass/boyish thin? Muscular/lean/chubby? Eye/hair color? Tall/short? Other?great smile with dimples
                          9. What are some of your favorite movies or TV shows that would give another person an insight into the kind of person you are?I'm shallow - DWTS, The Voice, Hell's Kitchen, Food Network, HGTV, Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, Ghost
                          10. You can have one day where you can do anything that you want and there will be no penalties of any kind. No jail time, your spouse won't ever know, no hangover, etc. Tell me a little about that day. Sleep in at a really nice hotel, breakfast in bed, spa day (massage, body wrap, facial, pedicure), personal shopper finds perfect dress and shoes, someone does my hair and makeup, dinner on balcony for two (hubby) served by discrete wait staff, slow dancing, and romance
                          Female 55
                          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• 1. Favorite color for clothing. That may be too tough - up to three colors.
                            hmmmm... blue for jeans, red, purple

can a 4 wheeler that belonged to someone else count?

3. You're going to be away from civilization for a decent period of time. You can have an unlimited supply of food, but only five types. What would they be? Hint: Meat isn't a food; you have to be more specific.
                            chicken, strawberries, truvia, vanilla yogurt, diet dr pepper

4. Money is no object. You can have three homes. Where would they be and what type (apartment, mansion, cottage, cabin, etc.) would they be?
                            cabin in the mountains near a waterfall, cottage deep in the woods, a mansion by the ocean which means i'm rich enough to buy all the oceanfront property in front of it. damn tourists.

5. Again, money being no object, what would be your general style of furnishings in your home.
                            comfortable rich fabrics that hold up to actual use, neutral palette with pops of gem tone colors like teal, crimson & amethyst. a mix of functional antiques and fancy modern appliances.

6. Your last supper. (A two-parter.) What would the meal be (no limit on type or number of foods)? The five people you want to eat it with?
                            there are so many possibilities.. gourmet meat and fruit dishes. a vegetarian dinosaur, a very rich and very generous person to shower me in money so i could enjoy the feeling of being rich before i kick the bucket, stephen king, god, mahm/bay/gramma/waka/bear/. no that is not cheating.

7. Your fantasy lover. If you couldn't be with your current love (or if you don't have one), who would you be with? Can be someone you know or an entertainer, sports figure, someone already dead, etc.
                            cthulu, all them tentacles. no i'm kidding... or am i? no, i'm just kidding.

8. What first attracts you to a potential lover as far as style? Suits? Trashy? Leather? Tats? Long/short hair? Hourglass/boyish thin? Muscular/lean/chubby? Eye/hair color? Tall/short? Other?
                            i'm wired weird in the sense that i can like looking at eye candy but don't want to bone anyone unless i know and like them. but i like muscle and beards, thanks to bay. a good beard and beefy muscles gets me a-swoonin.

9. What are some of your favorite movies or TV shows that would give another person an insight into the kind of person you are?
                            breaking bad, game of thrones, dexter season 4, family guy, american dad, rupaul's drag race, how to train your dragon, nightmare on elm street 1-100 (especially the terrible ones), child's play series, bad nicholas cage movies, the innkeepers, cabin in the woods

10. You can have one day where you can do anything that you want and there will be no penalties of any kind. No jail time, your spouse won't ever know, no hangover, etc. Tell me a little about that day.
                            so many banks will be emptied. so many. a bit of assault and battery. taking the really nice car from the really nice dealership, which will be used to vroom around all the other cars on the road.
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• I'm loving these so far.

Pedidoc, shallow you aren't! Sane, but somehow never boring - I envy you.

Bloodorchid, I totally get what you mean in reference to the eye candy. Assault and battery made me laugh. I'll turn a blind eye to the cheating.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I wanted to wait until at least one person responded before I did.

1. Favorite color for clothing. That may be too tough - up to three colors.
                                Black, beige, olive green.

My '79 Fiat Spider. A cutey pie.

96/4 ground bison. Pork chops from the loin. Sourdough bread. Tomatoes. NY style cheesecake.

A brownstone in Brooklyn converted to a duplex (one up, one down) to live in most of the time. Tenant would be a trade person (and family) with part of the rent being maintenance on the property. A fantastic, ostentatious mid-century modern in Seattle (for my Left Coast Fix). Something humble on a decent amount of land in Sardinia (the retreat (il ritiro)).

I love modern and mid-century modern. Clean lines, shiny surfaces, no clutter.

6. Your last supper. (A two-parter.) What would the meal be (no limit on type or number of foods)? The five people you want to eat it with.
                                Probably an excessive feast/buffet of all the foods I've loved throughout the years. Cheeses from all over the world. Overflowing baskets of fruit. Lox. Breads (especially sourdough and bagels). Pizza in various incarnations (white, margarita, pesto and shrimp, pepperoni and mushroom). T-bone steaks. Stuffed artichokes. Lasagna. Leg of goat. Thick pork chops that drip on to your chin if you pick them up to eat them. Curries. Mashed potatoes smothered in butter. Platters of fish and mollusks and crustaceans. Platters of cold cuts from the best Jewish and Italian Delis. Wines from bubbly and dry to fortified and sweet. Top shelf hard alcohols. Beer from all over the world. Olives from all over the world, but especially those Italian salt-cured black olives. Other fermented veggies.
                                People: The 14th Dalai Lama, Jesus Christ, Mother Theresa, The Buddha, and Jimi Hendrix. (I kept almost all of them dead so that no one alive would be left out.)

Jimi Hendrix (or The 14th Dalai Lama).

I like tall. Muscles are good, but not the bulging kind. You know those muscles that men who do physical labor have? Those. I don't mind a bit of extra weight at all, really, but not to the point where it impairs some activities. Grey eyes. That's the physical attraction ideal. The brain attraction (which is the more important determinent after about 15 minutes) is someone with a rapier wit and at least a modicum of cynicism. Any kind of cruelty is a deal breaker.

Harold and Maude. The Addams Family (TV show from the mid-60s). Benny and Joon. Supernatural (TV show). The Originals (TV). Hannibal, The Black List, Sleepy Hollow, Elementary (all TV). Moonstruck. The Sopranos. X Files.

To paraphrase Special Agent Dale Cooper, I would very much like to make love with a man for whom I had genuine affection. Since it's only one day, we would then jet around to a few party cities where we would eat and dance and screw, then get back in the jet. The day would end quietly somewhere where the stars were visible. We'd drink champagne and smoke weed and giggle like idiots except when we were being quiet to listen to the night sounds or smooch.

Not mine, but an example of my cutey pie.
                                Last edited by JoanieL; 04-29-2015, 11:39 AM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X