No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joanie, welcome to the Old Farts Association. Remember, your chronological age is irrelevant, it is your head and attitude that determine how old you are. You're still a young chick from what I read.

Change of city: Remember the opening lines of one of The Mama's & Papas best songs-
    "You gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do, with whoever you wanna do it with"
    Does your heart have something to tell you?

Lastly, "perfect" is the bane of "progress"

Love ya girl.
    The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• I just love your long posts. They always give me something to think about.

Oh yeah... and... PANTY RAID!!!!
      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Excellent post, Ms J. Happy birthday!
        M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
        - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• Good post, have to agree with you on the FB, McDonalds and vaccines. With regard to the bees, personally I can't believe they are still alive, what with all the nasty pesticides in agriculture, not to mention the way commercial bees are raised. Their hives are chock full of pesticides and fungicides and then they are fed HFCS and hauled around to pollinate mono crops. I wouldn't be surprised if they all just said, Enough! We're not working for those crazy humans any more.

Relocation: if I didn't have to consider work and family, the 2 things that would rank at the top of my list would be weather and cost of living. Most larger cities have interesting parts.
          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            ... blood 'yell....
            I knnow it's a typo, but I feel this is an expression that should be used more often.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post

All or nothing ...

Peace, love, and six decades,
            J
            My all or nothing mindset is why ADF has worked for me. I love being able to work with my weaknesses instead of struggling against them.

Happy Happy Day!

Comment

• Speaking of relocating brings to mind this Talking Heads song:

I also like a city that is walkable.
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• You are almost exactly the same age as my new man A. Make of that what you will! You are four years older than me, elder stateswoman!
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Happy Belated Birthday my dear friend!!

I used to have an all or none mind set but I find that, along with other things, changing as I get older. My house is no longer spotless and the earth hasn't stopped turning. I no longer care about making everyone happy. You will never please everyone. So what if I eat too much this moment, I can only change the next moment. Life is too short for perfection and all or nothing.

Once upon a time I made lots of money. I had a housekeeper, a gardener, a pool guy and someone who shopped and prepared food for me because I was too busy and important to do those things myself. Trying to juggle it all was hard on my physical and mental health. I am a much happier person now. I clean my own house, tend my own garden and buy and cook my own food. i also have more time to give of myself to others which nurtures my soul. I would not trade that time as it helped define who I am today and provided a nest egg for my future but I have no interest in doing it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    I know what your saying, one of my credos is 'beer and bills', as long as the bills are paid and I got enough dough for a few beers of a weekend, I happy....

Toss up between getting boiled to death or earning a few shillings in a comfortable envoironment, better be getting the double headed coin out, (don't forget to call heads)....

Many congrats for your 60th J, hope you enjoyed the day whatever you got up to....

I did subscribe to facebook many years ago, when it was about sharing photos and stuff, but I also stopped going on it years ago after most people starting using as a personal diary, as I didn't really give a flying shit if you've just stubbed your toe or been for a piss or more...

Preach it, J, get yer megaphone out and preach it, big style....

Oh my giddy aunt, LMFAO, big style....
                    GMTA on the money thing.

The population and weather are huge to me. The cost of living is minor once you factor in average wage and unemployment numbers. The small city has twice the unemployment as the large city. You can probably tell I'm leaning toward the large city. There's also kind of a non-quantifiable thing. I'm a bit of a weirdo. I can get lost in big cities since they have a higher weirdo quotient. My brand of weird is nothing in comparison to the daily sighting of people in tinfoil hats talking/yelling to themselves.

I could go for a good panty raid. Unfortunately, the only sure (as in I know it would be worth it to shave my legs) booty calls I know are a plane ride away. And though this is one area in which I have confidence that I'm totally worth it, I'm thinking the wait time might kill the mood for one or both of us. heh

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    So J is now a hot old lady? lol
                    I don't know about hot. Subjective and all. It's weird. I looked exactly the same on my birthday as I did the day before.

Originally posted by Rig D View Post
                    Joanie, welcome to the Old Farts Association. Remember, your chronological age is irrelevant, it is your head and attitude that determine how old you are. You're still a young chick from what I read.

Change of city: Remember the opening lines of one of The Mama's & Papas best songs-
                    "You gotta go where you wanna go, do what you wanna do, with whoever you wanna do it with"
                    Does your heart have something to tell you?

Lastly, "perfect" is the bane of "progress"

Love ya girl.
                    OFA -an organization I gladly join. I know some folks worship youth, but I've liked getting older. I think of myself as a cranky old fart, but if I'm coming off as a young chick, I can live with that.

My heart is telling me something for sure.

Love ya back.

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                    I just love your long posts. They always give me something to think about.

Oh yeah... and... PANTY RAID!!!!
                    Thank you!

Originally posted by Meant2Move View Post
                    Excellent post, Ms J. Happy birthday!
                    And thank you!

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                    Good post, have to agree with you on the FB, McDonalds and vaccines. With regard to the bees, personally I can't believe they are still alive, what with all the nasty pesticides in agriculture, not to mention the way commercial bees are raised. Their hives are chock full of pesticides and fungicides and then they are fed HFCS and hauled around to pollinate mono crops. I wouldn't be surprised if they all just said, Enough! We're not working for those crazy humans any more.

Relocation: if I didn't have to consider work and family, the 2 things that would rank at the top of my list would be weather and cost of living. Most larger cities have interesting parts.
                    I don't remember all the particulars, because I tend to only remember the main point, but I've read that the killing or dying off of bees could have close to catastrophic consequences. And I can totally relate to not wanting to work for crazy humans.

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                    I knnow it's a typo, but I feel this is an expression that should be used more often.

My all or nothing mindset is why ADF has worked for me. I love being able to work with my weaknesses instead of struggling against them.

Happy Happy Day!
                    Thank you!

Gotta love Dave's turn of phrase.

I tried googling ADF, but I'm coming up with things that don't seem to relate to topic.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                    Speaking of relocating brings to mind this Talking Heads song:

I also like a city that is walkable.
                    Me too. When I lived in Hoboken, I worked in Manhattan. On the rare occasion that I worked past 8pm, I got car service and $25 for a meal (in 1995 dollars). I'd take the car service but have them let me off at a really good pizzeria. On normal days, I walked 44 blocks a day, not counting any walks I took during lunch, nor the blocks walked when I walked my dog. 11 to the train. 11 from the train to work. Reverse for trip home.

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                    You are almost exactly the same age as my new man A. Make of that what you will! You are four years older than me, elder stateswoman!
                    I applaud your optimism. I think for me, I have more of a chance of being hit by lightening while singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow in the backyard naked than finding a partner. (I can be cranky now; I'm old.)

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                    Happy Belated Birthday my dear friend!!

I used to have an all or none mind set but I find that, along with other things, changing as I get older. My house is no longer spotless and the earth hasn't stopped turning. I no longer care about making everyone happy. You will never please everyone. So what if I eat too much this moment, I can only change the next moment. Life is too short for perfection and all or nothing.

Once upon a time I made lots of money. I had a housekeeper, a gardener, a pool guy and someone who shopped and prepared food for me because I was too busy and important to do those things myself. Trying to juggle it all was hard on my physical and mental health. I am a much happier person now. I clean my own house, tend my own garden and buy and cook my own food. i also have more time to give of myself to others which nurtures my soul. I would not trade that time as it helped define who I am today and provided a nest egg for my future but I have no interest in doing it again.
                    Thank you, sweetheart!

I totally relate. I didn't stay in accounting long. In fact, since I loved college, I was there longer than I was a professional accountant. I don't regret it either. The degree helped me get some interesting jobs. I like Admin. Asst. when it's for someone higher up in the organization. I've never been one to complain if someone is paying me $20-30/hr to get coffee or dry cleaning. I mean really, why would I complain? That was only an hour a week and the rest was working for some interesting people and occasionally a brilliant person. I used to joke that I'd worked my way down the corporate ladder to happiness.

Wait... You had a pool guy? Bad girl. LOL
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post

I think for me, I have more of a chance of being hit by lightening while singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow in the backyard naked than finding a partner.
                      Frickin' damn Google Earth satellite thingy...that was private!
                      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                        I'm on the floor laughing.
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                          I don't know about hot. Subjective and all. It's weird. I looked exactly the same on my birthday as I did the day before.

singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow in the backyard naked

Hot is relative, true... just like the humidity... and you live in the USA Humidity capital!

Video or it never happened!

Comment

• Birthday wishes for one of the most interesting people I've met here.
                            Female back to the basics: 11-12-16
                            CW: 10-11-16: 144
                            GW: 130 a dream, I know
                            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
                              Birthday wishes for one of the most interesting people I've met here.
                              Yup.

Have a great day, thanks for all the thoughts you share, and bestest wishes for the future xxx
                              Annie Ups the Ante
                              http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
                                Express away, to you hearts content....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Gotta love Dave's turn of phrase.
                                That un bist common parlance 'roun yer, A Bristol Dictionary, this book 'll give you a bit of a ideal.... Oh and the authers names are areas of Bristle, so I reckons they might just be an alias....

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                                You wouldn't have grid reference for that would you....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                Video or it never happened!
                                I'll second that....

Comment

Working...
                                X