No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Joanie! Boy you caused quite a stir there awhile back! Glad to see you back in action! Was just strolling through after not getting on myself in forever but I would be SOOOOOO sorry not to see you here. Gotta go look for Orchid now...
    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post
      Hey Joanie! Boy you caused quite a stir there awhile back! Glad to see you back in action! Was just strolling through after not getting on myself in forever but I would be SOOOOOO sorry not to see you here. Gotta go look for Orchid now...
      Ex, baby! Good to see you. Yes, the Bloody one has been quiet also. I do love her posts. How are you doing? Anything exciting and new? Tell me a story.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Today's Google Doodle

"Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          Ex, baby! Good to see you. Yes, the Bloody one has been quiet also. I do love her posts. How are you doing? Anything exciting and new? Tell me a story.
          Shoot I'm not nearly as good with stories as you are! Things are basically good with me. Fat and happy as they say. Although too fat for the long term which is kinda what drew me back here. I really need to get back on the program I think. Going to sound probably kinda not "feminist" but the good news is that Boyfriend and I are going strong and have sort of started looking at houses together. The bad news is that we already have 3 houses between the 2 of us and really need to get rid of at least one, ideally two before we can get serious. It came to sort of a depressing head a few weeks ago because we found the ideal house and lot for us and went so far as to put in an offer. But we freaked out overnight and withdrew the offer the next morning before it got presented to the seller. If things did not go perfectly (other houses don't sell quickly etc) we could have ruined our long term financial health big time. We decided better to be a little flaky in the short run.

At any rate, glad to see many of the same cast of characters around!
          Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Ex, I don't think that's flaky at all (and I love stories about buying homes). A gut reaction, especially one that says, "No!" can be a signal to stop and breathe before you act. So glad to hear about you and Boyfriend.

How's the rental market by you? For the extra houses. Have you looked into HUD? While HUD apartments can be as annoying as regular apartment rentals as far as frequent move-ins and outs, from what I've read, HUD houses are rare enough that your tenants will be both grateful and stay a long time. Just throwing it out there in case the rental market is better than the selling market.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Notes that I jotted down.

Something that has been haunting me a little bit lately. I'm a big advocate of "voting" with one's wallet. And yet, for four years come next month, I've been living in one of a minority of states that sales taxes food. I've gotten used to, and even learned to really like some things about Louisiana, but lately, I've been obsessing on sales tax on food. It may be the straw that sets me to doing something I've never before done: move back to a place.

One thing I love - in the last week or more, we've gotten rain every day, except that maybe one day we only got a few sprinkles. The weather is perfect. The rain cools the air, but the cloud cover keeps in just enough heat to be comfortable.

Of weather and alcohol. The weather is danm near perfect. At night or the wee hours, it's about 65ish (18 for you folks on celcius) and during the day it doesn't go much over 84 (29 C). After months and months and mostly over a year of decreasing my drinking to almost nothing except when I actually drink to get wasted, I have to wonder why. I'm not more alert. I get a little more done. But all in all, the only benefit I see is financially. Becauses vices have their price.

Tidying and term papers. The two most useful classes I took in high school were algebra (logic and reason), and Expository Writing, quarter-year course, that took a term paper and broke it down into ten parts. Though I no longer need to write term papers, when cleaning or tidying or just divesting myself of clutter, sometimes things can seem overwhelming. Using a simple closet as an example, some can get so bad that you dread going into them. So, you break it down:

Shelf.
              Hanging clothes.
              The vertical organizer thingy that hangs that holds underwear, socks, etc. (because you never bothered to buy a dresser).
              Floor with that mountain of shoes and boots.

And of course, if any of those seems overwhelming, they too can be broken down into halves or thirds, or whatever doesn't seem overwhelming.

Another thing that can help is a timer. You want to clean that closet (or box of filing or whatever), but you don't want to spend all day, or even two hours on such drudgery. My kitchen timer does the trick. I decide how much time I want to spend doing the thing, set the timer, and do it. One could argue that it could take eight days of 15-minute intervals to get the thing organized, but the flip side is that if you procrastinate the two-hour chore, it could take months to get done. Anyway, I basically missed all the tidying that got done while I was disappeared, so my apologies if these are repeats.

The breaking it into pieces things works on other things also. "I want to lose 100 pounds," becomes, "I need to lose 10 pounds ten times." "I don't feel like working out today," becomes, "Just put on the clothes," followed by, "just go out the front door and get in the car," followed by "just drive to the gym," followed by, "just go in."

I had a dream. I knew it was a dream, but I wanted to see where it led, so I kept my body very still so I wouldn't wake up. In the dream, I was fat, but I had a lot of money and I was living in Paris. I was dressed in a loose, black tunic and jeans, and wearing lots of jewelry. I was sitting at a café, outside, reading Tarot cards for people, and I told them to only pay what they thought the reading was worth. People started lining up. Usually in my dreams, crowds scare me and I make myself wake up by digging my nails into my arm, but this crowd didn't seem scary. When it started to get late, I left to go home. I passed an alley and there was a small group of homeless people, so I gave them the Tarot money, and went home. That's all. Except that I feel so mellow today.

News: Trader Joe's recalls raw walnuts products over salmonella risk | Reuters
              Strongest Magnetic Storm Of Solar Cycle Sparks Rare Auroras Across Northern California, Continental U.S. « CBS San Francisco
              How an ancient whale skull could point to humanity's birthplace - CSMonitor.com
              Water and Sanitation: Half a Million Babies Die From Poor Hygiene - This is a world-wide number.

The gallery: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - random food pics.

Clever, but in real life, I've never known anyone to actually do this.

Yum!

Drool... Though I'd probably use more cheese.

Yikes!

Does this give anyone else the creeps?

Now we're talkin' a pyramid I could live with.

Peace, love, and shamrocks,
              J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• This is a dream about fortunes. Both meanings - wealth and fate - intertwined. It is about sharing fortunes, sharing wealth... I would ask you about your thoughts on Paris - what does that city mean to you?
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I suspect the hotdogs were pierced with pasta while the pasta was dry and then cooked. But why????

The sardines with peppers do look creepy even though we know sardines and peppers are tasty together.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• 29C in March, bejeebus, we hardly get that in summer let alone in the first few days of spring....

They dogs and pasta looks beezaaare to me, the scran below it looks tidy though....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                    I would ask you about your thoughts on Paris - what does that city mean to you?
                    I'll tell you what it means to me, good food, wine, rugby, one or two tidy places to have a squint at edifice wise, the Pigalle, Indian sector, the periphery, etc.... Then again, I can be there in two hours....

Comment

• I love trying to decipher dreams, but lately haven't had many of them. Wonder what that means?

I'm sad that I didn't get to see the Aurora's. I just love the night sky...

The sardine in heels puts a whole new meaning to 'fishnet stockings'
                      Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Ew to the sardine legs.

If I could live in Paris and be rich I might not mind being fat!
                        Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey View Post

Same here!
                          Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                            This is a dream about fortunes. Both meanings - wealth and fate - intertwined. It is about sharing fortunes, sharing wealth... I would ask you about your thoughts on Paris - what does that city mean to you?
                            That's a thinker of a question. I was only there once in the mid 80s.

The very old co-existing with the very modern.
                            Awesome food.
                            Women, who with just a scarf, take a mundane look and make it stylish. I started collecting and wearing scarves for a lot of years when I got home.
                            Beauty - as in art and architecture.
                            The ability to just hang out and not be on the go all the time.
                            Awesome cheese.
                            Lots of people. A huge busy city.
                            If a person has a decent book/novel inside of them, Paris might be a place where it would let itself out.

I didn't even catch the two meanings of fortune.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                            I suspect the hotdogs were pierced with pasta while the pasta was dry and then cooked. But why????

The sardines with peppers do look creepy even though we know sardines and peppers are tasty together.
                            I've never been a fan of spaghetti, as it's the most inconvenient of foods to eat. And a pan fried or grilled weiner is easy and tons more delicious than a boiled one. I agree with "why?"

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            29C in March, bejeebus, we hardly get that in summer let alone in the first few days of spring....

They dogs and pasta looks beezaaare to me, the scran below it looks tidy though....

I'll tell you what it means to me, good food, wine, rugby, one or two tidy places to have a squint at edifice wise, the Pigalle, Indian sector, the periphery, etc.... Then again, I can be there in two hours....
                            I envy you being only two hours away. We do have beautiful late winters and springs this far south, but we pay in summer fersure.

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                            I love trying to decipher dreams, but lately haven't had many of them. Wonder what that means?

I'm sad that I didn't get to see the Aurora's. I just love the night sky...

The sardine in heels puts a whole new meaning to 'fishnet stockings'
                            I'm too far south, so I don't get to see it at all. LOL on fishnet stockings.

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
                            Ew to the sardine legs.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                            Same here!
                            I can guess why I was fat in the dream. I've observed in my life that I never have it all. A good marriage and very comfortable money, but I was fat. Slender as a reed, partying, going to school, a great lover, but I smoked. Tons of money, but no time to have fun with it. Lots of time to have fun, but not enough money. Like that. So, I'm thinking that in the dream, having money, and living in a city that is consistently tops on my Where Would I Live if I Could Afford It List, my subconscious would naturally put in a negative.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post

I can guess why I was fat in the dream. I've observed in my life that I never have it all. A good marriage and very comfortable money, but I was fat. Slender as a reed, partying, going to school, a great lover, but I smoked. Tons of money, but no time to have fun with it. Lots of time to have fun, but not enough money. Like that. So, I'm thinking that in the dream, having money, and living in a city that is consistently tops on my Where Would I Live if I Could Afford It List, my subconscious would naturally put in a negative.
                              That is incredibly interesting. Very introspective. I think I lack that gene.
                              Breathe. Move forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by excursivey
                                That is incredibly interesting. Very introspective. I think I lack that gene.
                                Me too. Glad to know I am not alone.
                                M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                                - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

Working...
                                X