• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
    I can do that.
    As long as you keep posting.......
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• well J, it's like a penis, only smaller....... (physiologically speaking, it's the same "root" tissue)

Comment

• Well J, you've set me on the road to making lots of gelatin thingies, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. My first effort, the ham thingie, is so good that I'm eating it three times a day and not even getting tired of it! It gets better after it rests for awhile, too, quite a win for me. I'm thinking of all sorts of gelatin adventures. Maybe a kind of waldorf salad gelatin thing. Should be pretty easy, that one.

My hat is brown and orange and I'm not fat, but I have the rest of the old lady thing down. Talking to myself is completely normal. Also answering myself is normal.
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• My hats are various shades of purple, I burst out laughing at seemingly inappropriate times and I talk to my dogs. I just need to start chasing the neighborhood kids out of my yard with a broom and I will be the crazy lady on the corner. I do not plan to stop bathing though...

I love seeing what people are doing with gelatin. I am so boring and just drink it in my tea. I think Walrus should send all of us a piece of her ham roll. It sounds intriguing. And I am not normally a fan of spam but I really want to try it.

Comment

• Okay...I am going to experiment with pastry-free pork pies over the holidays. You have been warned!
            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              Okay...I am going to experiment with pastry-free pork pies over the holidays. You have been warned!
              Should I give you my mailing address now? yum

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                I love seeing what people are doing with gelatin. I am so boring and just drink it in my tea. I think Walrus should send all of us a piece of her ham roll. It sounds intriguing. And I am not normally a fan of spam but I really want to try it.
                Be careful what you wish for...

Comment

Okay...I am going to experiment with pastry-free pork pies over the holidays. You have been warned!
                  I've been thinking that the paleo bread I make would be dandy in a meat pie. Must develop that, or search the internet to find someone who already has. I use Tara Grant's recipe, it is widely used so I'm guessing someone must have gotten into the pork pie business.

Comment

I've been successful with using a GF flour mix when making pie crusts. Namaste substitutes close to 1:1.
                    Female 55
                    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

I make pie crust, noodles, cinnamon rolls, etc.. using Jules gluten free flour:
                      JGF All Purpose Flour - No Compromise

My daughter likes my pumpkin pie a lot better, using this gf flour, than with regular flour. And, unsuspecting family members didn't notice when I used it for pie crust and noodles.

Comment

• I'm not sure I'm happy I know this. Help me, I'm a carbaholic!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                          I'm not sure I'm happy I know this. Help me, I'm a carbaholic!
                          Not to tempt you but they also have different mixes- cornbread, pizza dough, cookies... Everyone I've made the cornbread for loved it and could not tell it was gluten free.

Livingsocial tends to have deals for a good price. I just checked, they have this deal now:
                          https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1...ing-pack?pos=0

I only use these products when my kids are here. Like now, when cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning are a must do tradition. Another time is when we are having an extended family get together and I want to avoid the crap and show them you can have tasty treats without gluten.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            I concurs, they'll be internet royalty.... Go for it Annie!

*Sigh*, excuses, excuses....

Blimey, apart from the getting fat bit and me hat not being red, I do all that now....

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....
                            You don't have to be smelly to be crazy!

Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                            As long as you keep posting.......
                            Aw, thank you! Just try to shut me up. Though these days, I seem to go from silence to gabfest with little in between. I've been wondering if aging exacerbates all of our quirks.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            well J, it's like a penis, only smaller....... (physiologically speaking, it's the same "root" tissue)
                            LOL on the root. Analogous structure. Due to a glitch in how SFSU's computer tallied my credits from CCSF, I was able to take human sexuality both lower division and upper division. Six units of sexy times.

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                            Well J, you've set me on the road to making lots of gelatin thingies, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. My first effort, the ham thingie, is so good that I'm eating it three times a day and not even getting tired of it! It gets better after it rests for awhile, too, quite a win for me. I'm thinking of all sorts of gelatin adventures. Maybe a kind of waldorf salad gelatin thing. Should be pretty easy, that one.

My hat is brown and orange and I'm not fat, but I have the rest of the old lady thing down. Talking to myself is completely normal. Also answering myself is normal.
                            I'm sure there's a recipe for waldorf salad gelatin somewhere online.

I'm not worried about talking to myself too much. I figure I'll start to worry when I answer myself in a different voice.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                            My hats are various shades of purple, I burst out laughing at seemingly inappropriate times and I talk to my dogs. I just need to start chasing the neighborhood kids out of my yard with a broom and I will be the crazy lady on the corner. I do not plan to stop bathing though...

Though they changed it a bit recently (less aspic and added potato starch or flour), it's still really good when one wants that porky salty goodness.

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                            Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                            Should I give you my mailing address now? yum
                            +1 Though I wonder on how it would arrive after traveling from Australia!

Be careful what you wish for...
                            I've been thinking that the paleo bread I make would be dandy in a meat pie. Must develop that, or search the internet to find someone who already has. I use Tara Grant's recipe, it is widely used so I'm guessing someone must have gotten into the pork pie business.
                            Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                            I've been successful with using a GF flour mix when making pie crusts. Namaste substitutes close to 1:1.
                            Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                            I make pie crust, noodles, cinnamon rolls, etc.. using Jules gluten free flour:
                            JGF All Purpose Flour - No Compromise

My daughter likes my pumpkin pie a lot better, using this gf flour, than with regular flour. And, unsuspecting family members didn't notice when I used it for pie crust and noodles.
                            I'm not sure I'm happy I know this. Help me, I'm a carbaholic!
                            Originally posted by marcadav View Post
                            Not to tempt you but they also have different mixes- cornbread, pizza dough, cookies... Everyone I've made the cornbread for loved it and could not tell it was gluten free.

Livingsocial tends to have deals for a good price. I just checked, they have this deal now:
                            https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/1...ing-pack?pos=0

I only use these products when my kids are here. Like now, when cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning are a must do tradition. Another time is when we are having an extended family get together and I want to avoid the crap and show them you can have tasty treats without gluten.
                            Marcadav, does that flour work for frying? One of my only probs with GF flours is that I can't ever get a good crisp on fried foods. (Could be me, though. I have the patience of a three year old.)
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL
                              I've been wondering if aging exacerbates all of our quirks.
                              Have to say in my family the answer is ABSOLUTELY. I warn hubs regularly that my wardrobe will continue to have more 'impact' (a family euphemism for over the top sparkles, glitz, and silliness) as I age. He thinks he is prepared having known my grannie and my mother.... He has no idea!
                              M2M

"Nonspecific strength gains have to be converted into real improvements in athletic performance or they are not useful."
                              - Training for the New Alpinism by Steve House and Scott Johnston

Primal Journal: Hmm, I'll take this path...

Comment

• I don't think I've tried frying with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X