No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, because I enjoy a challenge, I went looking for that Christmas-Egg-Log recipe.

From what I could find, it's a Bosnian recipe:

Rolat od povrća

Sastojci:
    200 g smrznutog graška
    200 g šargarepe
    200 g krompira
    200 g jabuka
    1 limun
    6 kašika majoneza
    7 kašika kisele pavlake
    250 ml supe od povrća
    20 g želatina
    5 jaja
    1 crvena paprika
    1 veza peršunnovog lista
    biber
    so

Priprema:
    Jaja kuhati 10 minuta na tvrdo, staviti ih u hladnu vodu i pustiti da se ohlade, a zatim oguliti.
    Kockice šargarepe, graška i krompira kuhati odvojeno u slanoj vodi dok ne omekšaju pa ih izvaditi iz vode i ostaviti da se ohlade u potpunosti.
    Jabuke oguliti, izrezati na kockice i dodati sok od limuna.
    Povrće i jabuke staviti u veliku zdelu.
    Majonez pomiješati s kiselom pavlakom, sa soli i biberom i preliti preko povrća pa dobro promiješati.
    Supu od kuhanog povrća pomiješati sa želatinom i otopiti na niskoj temperaturi pa pomiješati sa smjesom u zdjeli.
    Ostaviti da se ohladi pa razvući u pravougaonik na odgovorajućoj foliji na radnoj ploči.
    U sredinu poredati skuhana jaja i urolati.
    Ostaviti u friižider preko noći da se ohladi i stegne.
    Rolat servirati na pladnju i ukrasiti ga sa crvenom paprikom i peršunovim lišćem.

However, I *think* I found the same recipe in English:

Rolled Vegetables

200 g of frozen peas (7 oz.)
    200 g of carrots
    200 g of potatoes
    200 g of apple
    1 lemon
    6 tablespoons mayonnaise
    7 tablespoons sour cream
    2.50 dl vegetable broth (1 cup)
    20 grams of gelatin (4 tsp.)
    5 eggs
    1 red pepper
    parsley
    pepper
    salt

Hard boil the eggs, put them in cold water and allow to cool, then peel. Diced carrots, peas and potatoes cook separately in salted water until soft and remove them from the water and allow to cool completely. Peel the apples, cut into cubes and add the lemon juice. Vegetables and apples in a large bowl. Mix the mayonnaise with sour cream, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables and stir well. Vegetable broth mixed with gelatin and dissolve and mix with the mixture in a bowl. Allow to cool and drag a rectangle on aluminum foil on a work surface. In the center, arrange the cooked eggs and roll. Leave in the fridge overnight to cool and tighten. Roll garnish with parsley leaves and red pepper.

Comment

• Oh, that old thing. I make it all the time. My recipe is in Farsi, though.
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
        Okay, because I enjoy a challenge, I went looking for that Christmas-Egg-Log recipe.

From what I could find, it's a Bosnian recipe:

Rolat od povrća

Sastojci:
        200 g smrznutog graška
        200 g šargarepe
        200 g krompira
        200 g jabuka
        1 limun
        6 kašika majoneza
        7 kašika kisele pavlake
        250 ml supe od povrća
        20 g želatina
        5 jaja
        1 crvena paprika
        1 veza peršunnovog lista
        biber
        so

Priprema:
        Jaja kuhati 10 minuta na tvrdo, staviti ih u hladnu vodu i pustiti da se ohlade, a zatim oguliti.
        Kockice šargarepe, graška i krompira kuhati odvojeno u slanoj vodi dok ne omekšaju pa ih izvaditi iz vode i ostaviti da se ohlade u potpunosti.
        Jabuke oguliti, izrezati na kockice i dodati sok od limuna.
        Povrće i jabuke staviti u veliku zdelu.
        Majonez pomiješati s kiselom pavlakom, sa soli i biberom i preliti preko povrća pa dobro promiješati.
        Supu od kuhanog povrća pomiješati sa želatinom i otopiti na niskoj temperaturi pa pomiješati sa smjesom u zdjeli.
        Ostaviti da se ohladi pa razvući u pravougaonik na odgovorajućoj foliji na radnoj ploči.
        U sredinu poredati skuhana jaja i urolati.
        Ostaviti u friižider preko noći da se ohladi i stegne.
        Rolat servirati na pladnju i ukrasiti ga sa crvenom paprikom i peršunovim lišćem.

However, I *think* I found the same recipe in English:

Rolled Vegetables

200 g of frozen peas (7 oz.)
        200 g of carrots
        200 g of potatoes
        200 g of apple
        1 lemon
        6 tablespoons mayonnaise
        7 tablespoons sour cream
        2.50 dl vegetable broth (1 cup)
        20 grams of gelatin (4 tsp.)
        5 eggs
        1 red pepper
        parsley
        pepper
        salt

Hard boil the eggs, put them in cold water and allow to cool, then peel. Diced carrots, peas and potatoes cook separately in salted water until soft and remove them from the water and allow to cool completely. Peel the apples, cut into cubes and add the lemon juice. Vegetables and apples in a large bowl. Mix the mayonnaise with sour cream, salt and pepper and pour over the vegetables and stir well. Vegetable broth mixed with gelatin and dissolve and mix with the mixture in a bowl. Allow to cool and drag a rectangle on aluminum foil on a work surface. In the center, arrange the cooked eggs and roll. Leave in the fridge overnight to cool and tighten. Roll garnish with parsley leaves and red pepper.
        Wow! Goldie wins the internet today!

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
        Oh, that old thing. I make it all the time. My recipe is in Farsi, though.
        I died laughing.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
          Wow! Goldie wins the internet today!
          *modestly* I have a black belt in google-fu.

Whoever actually MAKES this recipe and has it turn out like the picture: THAT person wins the internet!

Annieh?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
            Oh, that old thing. I make it all the time. My recipe is in Farsi, though.
            Well gee whiz, why didn't you post it?

Comment

Don't have the right software for my keyboard.

Comment

• The challenge has been issued and accepted. Mine will make that picture look like amateur hour.

Comment

• Actually, I have no idea how to do that.

Comment

Whoever actually MAKES this recipe and has it turn out like the picture: THAT person wins the internet!

Annieh?
                    Goldie, don't be modest, you earned that google-fu belt fair and square. And thank you for putting your skills to use on my behalf. The recipe scares me though. I wonder what are the chances of pulling it off? Especially between now and Christmas Day.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

The week between Christmas and New Year is like my spring cleaning. I ready my life for the perfection I'll attain the following year. LOL
                      Your style makes me laugh (in a good way). I'm gearing for same with same outcome of the last 7 years. Aah, but hope never dies. Anyways, it can't start til after the tamales my mom plans to make.
                      “Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good”. - Popular translation of Voltaire

If you are honest with your lacks, BE honest with your abundance, as well.

"....the route finding part, and dead reckoning - figure out where I need to be and how to get there, then stay on target as I move over the land and through the forest."
                      - Originally Posted by Meant2Move

Comment

Annieh?
                        Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                        The challenge has been issued and accepted. Mine will make that picture look like amateur hour.
                        Actually, I have no idea how to do that.
                        That whole conversation cracked me up.

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                        Goldie, don't be modest, you earned that google-fu belt fair and square. And thank you for putting your skills to use on my behalf. The recipe scares me though. I wonder what are the chances of pulling it off? Especially between now and Christmas Day.
                        I have faith in you!

Originally posted by HeuristicFireFlower View Post
                        Your style makes me laugh (in a good way). I'm gearing for same with same outcome of the last 7 years. Aah, but hope never dies. Anyways, it can't start til after the tamales my mom plans to make.
                        2015 will mark my sixth decade on the planet. If I don't attain perfection, I'm going to get fat and wear a red hat and start talking to myself on the street (best way ever to not have to share a seat on public transit).
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

2015 will mark my sixth decade on the planet. If I don't attain perfection, I'm going to get fat and wear a red hat and start talking to myself on the street (best way ever to not have to share a seat on public transit).
                          Give up soap... that helps too...... fat ladies in red hats that talk to themselves are no big deal.... smelly fat ladies in red hats is an entirely different kettle of fish...

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            Give up soap... that helps too...... fat ladies in red hats that talk to themselves are no big deal.... smelly fat ladies in red hats is an entirely different kettle of fish...
                            I can do that.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• My ass is dragging...

I've had insomnia for three days. I feel as good as that sounds.

After puttering around the neighborhood half-heartedly, I could only find turkey bacon, and I'll buy turkey bacon when pigs fly. Half-heartedly because the more I thought about it, the more I thought that just oysters in scrambled eggs sounded heavenly, and I was only looking for the bacon to make a specific dish. I'm pleased to say that oysters in scrambled eggs are really fantastic. It needs hardly anything. I added a pinch of black pepper (three eggs with five large oysters) and a pinch of granulated garlic, but if you like eggs and you like oysters, you don't neceessarily need those. The oysters, if in their own liquor, bring some salt. A dollop of plain yogurt on top was a good touch also.

In fact, I liked it so much, I made another, smaller batch, bringing my egg consumption that day to five. A lot for me.

Search the word "askew" in Google.

The Flavor Graveyard at Ben & Jerry's: Flavor Graveyard | Ben & Jerry’s

These guys are much better sports than I would have thought:

Did you know that Japan has an annual Penis Festival? Kanamara Matsuri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And did you know that there's something called a Salmon Cannon? The Salmon Cannon: Easier Than Shooting Fish Out Of A Barrel : The Salt : NPR

Do you all think that gelatin might have a place in fortifying homemade mayonnaise? Considering that most people's failures are that it doesn't come together, I wonder if gelatin would help that.

Did you all watch Gracepoint? Nice little show. 10 episodes. It's the US version of a British show called Broadchurch, and the lead detective is played by the same actor in both. I liked it a lot. I can't send you to Hulu for this one because Hulu only has the last five episodes, but I'm sure all 10 are somewhere.

News. 257,000 U.S. doctors will see their Medicare payments cut by 1% next year because they didn’t meet federal goals for using electronic medical records. What a pile of horseshit. Politics in medicine. Dear Congress, you can s*** m* d***. (And I don't even have one.) Little evidence modern paleo diet recreates that of early man - UPI.com - I'm noticing a big push to discredit paleo. IOW, we must be on to something. Poor wittle experts pissing in the wind. Obesity IS a DISABILITY, rules highest EU court | Daily Mail Online - If the US declares obesity a disability, bring on the pizza, baby, because I'm all about getting free government money! Can You Balance on One Leg? You May Have Lower Stroke Risk - Can you stand on one foot for more than 20 seconds? (Okay, this is now old news.)

9 days left 'til 2015

The gallery: Though some of the trends of the 1980s were fairly embarrassing, Pac-Man wasn't one of them.

Candy.

Fancy cookies.

Adorable cookies.

Awww...

Welcome to Crazy Town!

Peace, love, and shoulder pads,
                              J

B*tch-lite

Comment

Annieh?
                                I concurs, they'll be internet royalty.... Go for it Annie!

*Sigh*, excuses, excuses....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Blimey, apart from the getting fat bit and me hat not being red, I do all that now....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                I can do that.
                                Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....

Comment

Working...
                                X