B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
    Pardon, I think I'm going to go make some eggs now.
    Inquiring minds want to know! Were they good?

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    Always good to know. I always check before I make a batch of boiled eggs. Just in case the technology has changed.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thx, badgergirl.. I will try those directions exactlyin the morning, and, of course, will report back!

Comment

• Joanie, I've had this recipe in my files for a while, but haven't tried it yet. Your experiments have motivated me... as soon as my next order from Thrive gets here (with the "good" gelatin), I'm gonna try it:

Raspberry Mousse

1 tablespoon unsweetened, powdered gelatin
        1/2 cup cold water
        1 can of coconut milk (13.5 ounces)
        2 cups raspberries (or other fruit)
        1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Soften the powdered gelatin by pouring it into the cold water.

Heat 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Add the hot coconut milk to the gelatin and stir until the gelatin dissolves.

In a blender, blend the remaining coconut milk with the raspberries and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the gelatin. Stir.

Chill in an ice bath first to speed up the thickening process or just pour into small dishes or ring molds. Refrigerate until firm.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
          Thx, badgergirl.. I will try those directions exactlyin the morning, and, of course, will report back!
          I use the 11 minute method. Put eggs in pan. Cover with the hottest water from the faucet (my hot water heater is set pretty high). Bring to boil on stove. Turn to sub boil/simmer. Remove from heat after 11 minutes. Dump out hot water and put under faucet, letting cold water from faucet run over the eggs. Works well, and none of the eggs crack. Since I only pay rent, my landlord pays for this waste of cold water.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
          Joanie, I've had this recipe in my files for a while, but haven't tried it yet. Your experiments have motivated me... as soon as my next order from Thrive gets here (with the "good" gelatin), I'm gonna try it:

Raspberry Mousse

1 tablespoon unsweetened, powdered gelatin
          1/2 cup cold water
          1 can of coconut milk (13.5 ounces)
          2 cups raspberries (or other fruit)
          1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Soften the powdered gelatin by pouring it into the cold water.

Heat 1/2 cup of coconut milk. Add the hot coconut milk to the gelatin and stir until the gelatin dissolves.

In a blender, blend the remaining coconut milk with the raspberries and vanilla. Pour into the bowl with the gelatin. Stir.

Chill in an ice bath first to speed up the thickening process or just pour into small dishes or ring molds. Refrigerate until firm.
          That looks lovely! (Splendid?) Raspberries are some of my favorite fruits.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Eggs are excellent, and so chickens are the best pets ever, even though they are very very stupid.

I call eggs my secret weapon.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Once a year. Every year.

Since I've moved into this apartment, it has happened. Once a year, every year. I put something on low heat on the stove, forget about it and fall asleep. Then awaken to stinky smoke in my home.

Year #1: Stupid cheap two-quart pot from Malwart. Maybe $5 or $6. Smoked and stank so bad that some neighbors walking past my apt knocked on my door and window to wake me up.

Year #2: $90 pressure cooker. Not low heat. Woke up to my apt filled with smoke. Because it was a multi piece item, I still have the big pot, the colander, and the glass lid - I lost the smaller four quart pot and the lid that makes it a pressure cooker. I bought another the very next day.

Year #3: Today. The pan I bought when I first got here. It's big enough that I can cook anything in it. It has deep sides. No left-overs/seconds tonight. The good news is that the heat was so low that I think I only ruined the food. The pan looks to be unscathed. LOL I do have some charcoal now.

I have all my windows and front door open, and both ceiling fans going to clear the apartment of smoke. Fortunately, I'm in The Land of No Real Winter, and it's 56F (13C) out. Jeebus Crust. Maybe I should start lining up those assisted care facilities.

What about smoke detectors? I hate those things because they're so sensitive that they go off with little reason. I have benignly taken out the batteries, and more aggressively have beaten them to death with the back ends of brooms or hammers. But maybe I should put a battery in the one in my bedroom. Funny how I have no problems using an analog timer when I have stuff on the stove or in the oven, but smoke alarms make me feel like a doofus.

Peace, love, and smoke,
              J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                Eggs are excellent, and so chickens are the best pets ever, even though they are very very stupid.

I call eggs my secret weapon.
                Totally agree on the secret weapon.

I've heard that chickens are so stupid that if you get them to look up during a rain storm, they'll drown. City girl that I am, I have no idea if that's true.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I don't know either but it wouldn't surprise me. I only have three chickens so I daren't try it.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Please now combine eggs and gelatine in some kind of crazy aspic!

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      I don't know either but it wouldn't surprise me. I only have three chickens so I daren't try it.
                      LOL! News flash: Annieh has drowned one of her chickens with rain! hahaha

Originally posted by MuchLove View Post
                      Please now combine eggs and gelatine in some kind of crazy aspic!
                      OMG - eggs and gelatin. I have to do a search. Maybe I'll find the super recipe that solves all problems!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I did eggs in tomato gelatine once or twice. It was good actually. I basically made a spicy tomato sauce and added gelatin and then set halved boiled eggs in it.

Comment

• Good stuff on the eggs, me like eggs lots, some cracking ideas there.

You got to love the Darwin awards, some of they make me feel a positve genius, Darwin Awards 2014, the "ring thing" one made me cringe a tad....

Wonder how that blind date went....

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                            Perfection, badgergirl~ much appreciated!!

Comment

• Yup, love eggs. I am continually surprised at how delicious they are. Weird, huh? I actually forget.

I haven't made the ham gelatin thing yet, but I am thinking about it a lot. I'm going to look at the thrift shop for a proper pan. Also thinking of making it with Spam.
                              My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Joanie, I was thinking of you when I was at a grocery store on Oahu and they had Spam sushi! I did not buy any, but I thought of you. I also soaked some Japanese cucumbers in vodka and made cucumber vodka soda water and tonics. Very yummy! I may have had too many...

Comment

Working...
                                X