Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
    Crafty Granny. Smart woman.
    She really kind of was on a lot of levels. I adored her.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Tuesday, September 30, 2014

I had a whole other post ready about listening to one's self vs listening to any type of CW or PTB, and not necessarily about diet, but reading it through, it didn't have the right vibe. I was trying for sweetly sarcastic, and it was a bit too know-it-all or egotistic or something. Anyway, it'll either get edited or ditched.

And when in doubt, the world gives me sustenance. First, the only serious news story for today because I'm in a silly mood.

September U.S. Consumer Confidence Unexpectedly Drops - WSJ
      The WSJ reports that despite "high equity values, rising home prices, and falling gasoline costs," US consumer confidence fell. Hell, I'm surprised it's as high as it is. High equity values? In comparison to which time period? That matters. IOW, if you bought a $130k condo, that at it's lowest fell to a market value of $80k, but is now at $90k, are you confident at the bounce back or waiting for another shit storm? Rising home prices - see high equity. In addition, rising home prices only affect those trying to sell or get a loan against their homes. Buyers might feel the exact opposite. As to falling gasoline prices - huh? Gasoline prices in this country rise and fall like tides (well, not that regularly). Why would the occasional dip make confidence increase? Would a rise make people jump out windows?

Since I used an elephant/bell curve in my last post, I'll use a pie for this analogy (pie chart, get it?). Let's say that pies were very rare, and that almost all the pie belonged to 1% of the population. Wanting to avoid violent uprising, this clever 1% gave the rest of us a tiny piece of pie every month, while publishing stories about how the pie supplies were increasing, so we should all be happy. (More pie! More pie!) So, every month, the pie person shows up at your home with a pie, and gives you a tiny slice. But somehow, even though the total pie seems to get bigger and bigger each time the pie person comes to your door, your slice barely goes up by a crumb. How long before you stop believing that any improvement in pie amounts will do a damn thing for your family? Are we really a nation of Charlie Browns? [/rant/seriousness]

Half-ton Alabama Alligator Sets World Record (link has a photo) - More of a "cool beans" story than anything very funny.

A gigantic alligator caught by a family in Alabama earlier this month has set a Safari Club International world record.

AL.com reports (It's official! Mandy Stokes' alligator declared new SCI World Record | AL.com ) a pair of master measurers from Safari Club International examined the 1,000-pound alligator on Friday, determining a total length of 15-feet, 9-inches. That's 13 inches longer than the organization's previous world record American alligator, which had been killed in Texas.

The Alabama alligator was caught by the Stokes family after battling with it for more than five hours. It was hooked in a creek about 80 miles west of Montgomery.

The first attempt to weigh the gator destroyed a winch state biologists typically use, so they had a backhoe lift it.
      Tennessee Man Had Sex With ATM, Picnic Table: Cops

A 49-year-old Tennessee man was arrested after making an unusual deposit at a Murfreesboro ATM. Police say Lonnie Hutton walked into the Boro Bar and Grill, pulled down his pants and tried to have sex with an automated banking machine, WKRN reports.

Officers arriving on the scene say they saw him walking around the bar nude, thrusting his hips in the air, according to WGNS Radio. Hutton was taken outside and ordered to sit at a wooden picnic table.

Police say he then “exposed himself again and engaged in sexual intercourse with the wooden picnic table,” WATE.com reports.
      "Officers noted in their police report that Hutton smelled of alcohol..." Ahaahaha - I sure hope so, because doing that sober would be embarrassing. hahaha

PRAISE TREE-SUS! Man Sees Jesus In Tree Trunk (PHOTO) - Yes, it's another Jesus sighting, but the slide show is pretty awesome. There's actually a toaster that you can buy that will make toast with an image of Jesus on it. I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried.

Stupidest criminal in recent memory: Man Accused Of Trading Stolen $160,000 Diamond For $20 Of Weed (After dude does his time, he needs to change states because he's never living this down.) This could also be titled: Dumber than a box of rock.

A former UPS employee in Arizona is accused of stealing a package containing a $160,000 diamond and trading it for $20 worth of weed, ABC-15 reports.
      Donkeys Reunited At Polish Zoo After Sex Scandal - Basically some nutjob pitches a bitch because children saw the donkeys mating. Donkeys get separated by zoo. Thanks to social media and a petition, donkeys get reunited. But the title is cool. Polish Donkey Sex Scandal is an attention grabber.

And finally: Americans More Likely To Believe In Big Foot Than To Have Confidence In Congress

Today's gallery:

Happy birthday to me!
      (It's in spring - I'm just sayin' this is no child's bday cake.)

Peace, love, and men who copulate with inanimate objects when inebriated,
      J
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Gives a whole new meaning to the term "laying it all out on the table"......

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Gives a whole new meaning to the term "laying it all out on the table"......
          I've done some things when drunk that I'm not proud of. And I've had some people tell me that I did some things while drunk that make me blush. But I can honestly say (right hand to the ultimate power) that I neither remember nor has anyone ever told me that I ever tried to have sex with an ATM or a picnic table, or any other inanimate object. Thank goodness! LOLOL.

Note: second increment of me turning the lights off at midnight and going to sleep is a fail. (This refers to the post not posted and so might not make much sense.)

B*tch-lite

Comment

• That grand ma story is ace J!

Those stories are epic, not quite a picnic table, but I did see a guy getting it on with the pocket of a pool table many years ago, he got nicked (eventually), and yes he'd had one or two as well....At 7%, I reckons congress are doing pretty good, it's probably about that round here as well....There don't be no dude figures on that cake, reckon they might be feeling a bit inferior....

And get some sleep....

Comment

• Back to the gran'ma thing...

Mine used to either write a letter to my mother or she'd mention it to her over the phone, that she was so sorry about my arm/hand being broken and that she hoped it would heal soon. That was her way of getting me to write to her more often.

She was the kind of person who would tell you something and then give you that look that meant you were supposed to 'read between the lines'

I really do miss all my grandparents and all their wisdom
              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Does taking off your shirt and dancing on top of a speaker count as sex with an inanimate object? Hope not.
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                  That grand ma story is ace J!

Those stories are epic, not quite a picnic table, but I did see a guy getting it on with the pocket of a pool table many years ago, he got nicked (eventually), and yes he'd had one or two as well....At 7%, I reckons congress are doing pretty good, it's probably about that round here as well....There don't be no dude figures on that cake, reckon they might be feeling a bit inferior....

And get some sleep....
                  My eyes, my eyes - man gettin' it on with a pool table! LOL - I don't know why these stories crack me up so much. Lenny Bruce had a bit called, "Men Will F*** Mud." Apparently he knew what he was talking about, though his context was a bit different.

I slept to almost noon. And didn't really face the day until almost 2pm. Not really in compliance with circadian rhythms, but I got some good sleep.

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                  Back to the gran'ma thing...

Mine used to either write a letter to my mother or she'd mention it to her over the phone, that she was so sorry about my arm/hand being broken and that she hoped it would heal soon. That was her way of getting me to write to her more often.

She was the kind of person who would tell you something and then give you that look that meant you were supposed to 'read between the lines'

I really do miss all my grandparents and all their wisdom
                  I love that. Grandparents are the best. They get to do all the good stuff without having to do much discipline. And they smell like talcum powder which is way cool.

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                  Does taking off your shirt and dancing on top of a speaker count as sex with an inanimate object? Hope not.
                  Hell, no! That's just good girls gone wild! But now I can imagine you covered in beads. haha

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Wednesday, October 02, 2014

A fun read: On Eating Roadkill, the Most Ethical Meat - Modern Farmer

This is informative, but be sure to watch the trailer for Night of the Lepus. LOL Be Vewwy Afwaid: These Bunnies Are Huge - Modern Farmer

That blog (Modern Farmer) is a weird place. I can't figure out if the author is a USDA plant or just someone easily swayed by big business. Regardless, there are some fun reads there. And, I've learned some stuff.

There are disreputable breeders out there who sell teacup pigs, promising they won't get larger than 12 pounds. Of course the poor folks who buy this cute pig are appalled when it not only doesn't stop growing at 12 pounds, but indeed grows larger than the largest human in the home. This is especially stressful to apartment dwellers. These unscrupulous sellers have created the need for pig rescues. So, if you ever decide you want some pigs for companionship, do check out if your state has a rescue program before buying what might be a pig in a poke.

The feral pig population in this country was pretty stable until 1989. At that time someone decided to cash in on sport hunting and started moving the pigs to different locations. This resulted in the feral pigs going from a handful of states to almost all of them. The feral pig has few natural predators - the alligator and brown bear are the most prevalent. The feral pig is smart. In comparison to the other nuisance game animal, the white tail deer, who has one or two offspring per year, the feral pig has a few litters of an average of six, of which four grow to adulthood. State and Federal officials haven't a clue what to do. Hunting isn't the most effective and it's kind of what started the problem. Poisoning and birth control intervention are more effective, but poison would affect the few predators the pigs do have. And no one can know what giving the pigs birth control will do to the environment. Oh, and if I remember correctly, the USDA estimates that feral pigs do about $1Billion in damage to crops per year. Farmers say that's low balling it.

When I lived in Roslyn, WA, one of the competitons in the annual Manly Man Festival was the cow patty toss. I've learned from reading the above blog that the midwest has an even more fun game called Cow Poop Bingo. Basically a grid is made and numbered. The cow walks around until it poops in a square, and the holder of that number wins. Both the name of the game and how it's played vary depending on the town. Some let the cow wander on its own, while others lead the cow around so that each square gets a fair shot. If PETA hadn't earned my disrespect before, it certainly is on my list of crackpots now. They gather at these games saying that it's "undignified" for the poor cow to have to walk around until it poops. In addition, they have accused the holders of these games of giving the cows laxatives to force them to poop. Apparently those in the know say that cows don't need any encouragement to poop as they produce a lot of it and often. LOL.

If you've ever thought, "Damn, I wish I knew how to cook a muskrat," click here: The Art and Science of Muskrat Cooking - Modern Farmer - Scroll down for recipes like Scurry Curry, Swampanadas, and Maple Bacon 'Rat. Needless to say, I spent a lot of time reading this blog.

I have no idea where this year went. I might have mentioned my theory on why time flies the older one gets. When you are five and anxiously waiting to get older, that year is 20% of your whole life, so it seems to take forever to pass. By the time you're 50, that year is only 2% of your life and so passes in what seems like the blink of an eye. In any event, damn, not only is it October, but in about half a year, I face another dreaded zero birthday. But I can dwell on that in a few months.

So, the sorbet that I loved in Coconut Pineapple flavor is delicious in Chocolate and also Lemon. The chocolate is so rich that just a few spoonfuls (spoonsful?) and I'm done. The lemon is more difficult to put down. But they are the perfect binge foods. I always am aware of things of which I might eat the whole container. These are perfect because even if I ate the whole pint, it would only be 440 calories and about 100 carbs. And I think the only danger on that is the lemon.

News. They're debating at Harvard whether or not Pluto should be reinstated as a planet. I miss Pluto. Don't worry, Pluto, you'll always be a planet to me. Did you learn the mnemonic device in grammar school? Mary's violet eyes make John stay up nights period = Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. Also, according to this story: Loss of Smell: an Accurate 'Harbinger of Death' : Biology : Nature World News , for aging adults, losing one's sense of smell can be a hint that the guy with the scythe may soon visit you.

The gallery:

At least he won't die.

Peace, love, and Grumpy Cat,
                    J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      The feral pig population in this country was pretty stable until 1989. At that time someone decided to cash in on sport hunting and started moving the pigs to different locations. This resulted in the feral pigs going from a handful of states to almost all of them. The feral pig has few natural predators - the alligator and brown bear are the most prevalent. The feral pig is smart. In comparison to the other nuisance game animal, the white tail deer, who has one or two offspring per year, the feral pig has a few litters of an average of six, of which four grow to adulthood. State and Federal officials haven't a clue what to do. Hunting isn't the most effective and it's kind of what started the problem. Poisoning and birth control intervention are more effective, but poison would affect the few predators the pigs do have. And no one can know what giving the pigs birth control will do to the environment. Oh, and if I remember correctly, the USDA estimates that feral pigs do about $1Billion in damage to crops per year. Farmers say that's low balling it.
                      An authority near me have got the shits about the wild boar population and the damage they causel, there on about a culling as well!

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post

At least he won't die.
                      I'm guessing he's not to keen on the shrimp as well, (removes deerstalker....)

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      [/center]

Peace, love, and Grumpy Cat,
                      J
                      I regularly get to a mag/comic called Viz, (scroll down and read some of the top tips!) just to keep my mental age at somewhere near adolescent, and they do a feature called 'Up the Arse Corner', I'm sure that photo of Leo & Kate must have appeared....

Comment

• Feral pigs are a real nusance in many states. This is one of the many things that really bug me about the "Walking Dead" you know there would be feral pigs every where and yet on that show they rarely see any wild life except for the occassional deer (which they never manage to kill). Instead they're always hungry scrounging for canned goods and cereal. They never explain what happened to all the wildlife not to mention the domestic livestock, how could anyone go hungry when most of the population is gone? The writers must be city folk that think food only comes from supermarkets.
                        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Found a t-shirt for you, Joanie:

Slow Down T-Shirt - Funny T Shirts - Intelligently Funny Tees

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            An authority near me have got the shits about the wild boar population and the damage they causel, there on about a culling as well!

I'm guessing he's not to keen on the shrimp as well, (removes deerstalker....)

I regularly get to a mag/comic called Viz, (scroll down and read some of the top tips!) just to keep my mental age at somewhere near adolescent, and they do a feature called 'Up the Arse Corner', I'm sure that photo of Leo & Kate must have appeared....
                            The feral pig thing is a world wide phenomena (non?). Maybe we should ship a few to places that still rely on outside sources of food. I'm not being mean; it's just that if they're such survivors, feral pigs might be a decent food source in some places.

I'll have to check out Viz - I bookmarked it to get to when I'm in silly mode. Shouldn't be too long.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                            Feral pigs are a real nusance in many states. This is one of the many things that really bug me about the "Walking Dead" you know there would be feral pigs every where and yet on that show they rarely see any wild life except for the occassional deer (which they never manage to kill). Instead they're always hungry scrounging for canned goods and cereal. They never explain what happened to all the wildlife not to mention the domestic livestock, how could anyone go hungry when most of the population is gone? The writers must be city folk that think food only comes from supermarkets.
                            I chuckled at this. It bugs me also when a show I watch regularly has a specific flaw running through it. Maybe it isn't the meek that shall inherit the earth, but the swine.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                            Love it! Almost the same shape as my glasses.

-------

In my personal big news today, I haven't had to use the a/c in over 24 hours! And it's only 65F (18C) this morning. Windows are open and the breeze is fantastic. As soon as I finish my coffee and run a brush over my teeth, I'm going for a nice long walk.

Shrimp and pork and spaghetti squash to arrive mid-day. Spicy coconut shrimp over spaghetti squash?

Nothing to b*tch about, but the day is young!

Peace, babies,
                            J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• First Weekend in October 2014

Is it just me, or do others think that surprise parties for older seniors might not be a good idea? "Surpriiiiiiiiiiiiise!" *THUD*

Dr. Sweets is dead! I know most people knew this last week, but FOX doesn't give the show to Hulu for eight days. That scene where they had him in makeup where he was all blue and swollen in the morgue was fairly grizzly.

This being Sunday now, it's the second day of cool weather. Though Google shows a low of 66F for today, I awakened to 57! I can't believe the difference in my mood. Even though I get a good dose of sun now that I force myself out of the apartment to walk on all but the really stupidly hot days, the fact that my windows are open and my air is real (as opposed to a/c air) is making me feel vibrant. So, hopefully, I won't be b*tching about hot weather for a few months.

Maybe I have some kind of reverse Seasonal Affective Disorder. I get disgruntled and blue in the summer, then perk up come fall. I just looked up Sicily's monthly temp averages, and this would fall in line with those. Plus, if I look to my mother, she loved cool weather and even fog (another of my loves).

I've kinda sorta mostly decided to stay here. I've had a toe in my past for long enough. I thought about going back, but then I thought about why I'd left in the first place, and none of that has changed. It's a relief. I ran away to heal. I've never done that before. I've run to stuff, but not away. And except for things that have been part of my life for all of my life, I'm done with the chronic grieving. Both of my parents are dead - I'm almost 60, so that's normal, if not ideal. I think I grieved my last cat so much because I was hurting from other things. We always grieve our pets, but realistically, we go into the human-pet relationship knowing we'll outlive them. Sometimes life hands you a barrel full of shit all at once. I've perfected the art of wallowing in that, and I can say that I now breathe a sigh of relief.

We have a blood moon and a meteor shower coming up this month. October brings blood moon, eclipses to highlight the sky | The Wichita Eagle

Supper tonight was lovely. I was going to do shrimp over spaghetti squash, but I got hungry at about 4pm and had spaghetti squash with a very mild brie mixed into it. So supper was a shrimp boil with a yummy dipping sauce. Chopped tomatoes + coconut sorbet + curry powder + ground ginger. So good. And I still have five very large shrimp and some dipping sauce left over for a snack tomorrow.

Haiku 5 of 31:

Sunday

Two shots of vodka
                              Tomato juice and an egg
                              Blend Brunch in a glass

The gallery:

Reminds me of Benny and Joon - a great movie.

Peace, love, and Blood Moons,
                              J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X