Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • We loved Scorpion!! Madam Sec was very good.
    I dream about Tom Selleck after Blue Bloods!! Love that show.
    Also dreamed about Tim Olyphant after Justified, I miss him!!
    Binge watching Scandal while on the treadmill these days.
    Bones started back last week, LOVE booth and bones, all of them, really.
    Thank goodness for the DVR

    Comment


    • Columbus Short , the actor than plays Harrison on Scandal, was fired from the show because of his personal legal issues surrounding domestic violence and other assault issues.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
        We loved Scorpion!! Madam Sec was very good.
        I dream about Tom Selleck after Blue Bloods!! Love that show.
        Also dreamed about Tim Olyphant after Justified, I miss him!!
        Binge watching Scandal while on the treadmill these days.
        Bones started back last week, LOVE booth and bones, all of them, really.
        Thank goodness for the DVR
        Since I watch just about everything for free online, some things I get later. FOX is an eight day lag, ABC is a week, SyFy is a month.

        How to Get Away With Murder - yessss!

        Hard to believe that once upon a time we all watched Selleck's legs in those shorts with the Hawaiian shirts.

        Originally posted by marcadav View Post
        Columbus Short , the actor than plays Harrison on Scandal, was fired from the show because of his personal legal issues surrounding domestic violence and other assault issues.
        Thank you - that answers the dead Harrison question. Don'tcha hate when someone playing a good guy turns out to be such a bad guy in real life? Ick.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

        B*tch-lite

        Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

        Comment


        • Saturday, September 27, 2014

          Asking for a diagnosis online. I understand that a lot of people don't have access to health insurance - not surprisingly, so far, there's been little change in the numbers of us that do have it, especially if you live in one of the states that won't accept the fed'l money to expand Medicare. (This isn't a political rant, so I'll just leave that sentence as it is.) I once went more than a decade without health insurance. I've lived it, so I get it. As a matter of fact, if I hadn't been selling my plasma, I wouldn't have known when my bp started going up to a not healthy level (they do a hematocrit, temp, and bp reading when you go to "donate").

          I also know that when push comes to shove, if you're having a health crisis but don't have insurance, you need to talk to everyone you know, call every freakin' social service agency in your area, and get yourself to an MD, whether it's a crappy free clinic, a doctor that gives discounts to cash paying customers, or if you're really lucky, an actual health network that will run all the tests you need for your age, and catch you up to get you healthy without taking all your money. It's your health. Rather, IT'S YOUR HEALTH!

          So, when I see people asking for diagnoses online, I just want to scream, "Get your ass off the internet and go see a doctor!" <--- I would put that all in caps, but it's written now and I don't feel like rewriting it. It's symptomatic of our shit health care that some diagnostic tools that weren't available without a prescription are now easily had.

          BP. If it continues to rise and taking long walks and losing weight doesn't help, drink a little alcohol (which will lower it, but it may rebound in the morning), then get your ass in to see a doctor.

          High/low glucose readings. Try food first, but don't wait too long to get your ass in to see a doctor.

          Blood anywhere it shouldn't be, from eye to ear to nose to gums to asshole (and turning around to check before you flush is only smart) - get your ass (or eye or ear, etc.) in to see a doctor. Note: if your toilet looks like it's full of blood, but you feel absolutely fine, you might have eaten beets yesterday. Share the experience (verbally please) with a good friend or in your blog; a doctor isn't necessary.

          Look at it this way. Bell curves are used to explain a lot. The following aren't bell curves at all, but they're close enough for anyone looking for medical advice on an open forum. They are in fact drawn representations of a boa having eaten a large animal.




          So, looking at intelligence, for example, the part where the elephant is represents average, a bit below average, and a bit above average. You can see from its size, that it's where most of us fall. The small area to the left represents those that are intelligence-challenged. That leaves the little area to the right for the people who are quite a bit above average to genius.

          Hopefully, you can see that if you ask a medical question on a forum whose only requirement for membership is being able to type in a user name and a throw-away email address, you will get a whole lot of responses from the "elephant" people and below, and just a few from the very above average and geniuses. By the time you sift through all the crap answers, assuming your ass is bleeding, you'll have ruined a piece of furniture. It would have been cheaper to just go to that stinky free clinic and be examined by someone who'd actually studied assholes.

          As a(nother) note, studying assholes is a hobby of mine, but in this context, I'm not talking about anatomy.

          There's news, but it's all pretty much of a bummer.


          Better to smile at the gallery:



          Just because after what seems like months, there was a panda sighting in the house.



          This child grew up to commit matricide and patricide
          by smothering his parents with 500 pounds of spaghetti.







          Don't forget to eat your brains!


          Peace, love, and possessed phones,
          J
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

          B*tch-lite

          Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

          Comment


          • ^Great post!

            That zombie food pyramid don't look too bad, apart from the brain bit....

            Comment


            • ITA about the health advice. I don't even know why people ask for food advice around here when they always get conflicting answers and then a fight ensues.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

              Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

              Comment


              • I just figure they want to argue. Not really interested in learning about nutrition.

                What really cracks me up is when people post somewhere like the nutrition board asking for relationship advice. "My girlfriend won't have sex with my unless I eat bread and sugar with her, and she's really hot, so what can I tell her?" I would think it was fake except why bother?

                I think bones and gristle should be a bigger part of the zombie diet, but what do I know?
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

                Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

                Comment


                • Those autocorrects just keep me giggling. But what I don't understand is why people send something before they look at it. Is it just me? I always try to see if what I just typed/texted makes sense before I hit 'send'.
                  Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    ^Great post!

                    That zombie food pyramid don't look too bad, apart from the brain bit....
                    Thanks. I still want to try brain some time. And though I'm sure that someone somewhere has referred to me as a mad cow, I'd rather try sheep/lamb brains just to be a bit cautious. I also think I'll leave it to a professional chef the first time I try them.

                    Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                    ITA about the health advice. I don't even know why people ask for food advice around here when they always get conflicting answers and then a fight ensues.
                    +1 We're the most dysfunctional tribe ever. But ever the optimist, sift I do, looking for new insights from those who speak logic and reason with no sniff of fanaticism. I do however, try to wear my emotional waders when doing so.

                    Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                    I just figure they want to argue. Not really interested in learning about nutrition.

                    What really cracks me up is when people post somewhere like the nutrition board asking for relationship advice. "My girlfriend won't have sex with my unless I eat bread and sugar with her, and she's really hot, so what can I tell her?" I would think it was fake except why bother?

                    I think bones and gristle should be a bigger part of the zombie diet, but what do I know?
                    LOL! That was my first response to the zombie pyramid.

                    I would tell him to bargain on the bread and sugar.

                    Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                    Those autocorrects just keep me giggling. But what I don't understand is why people send something before they look at it. Is it just me? I always try to see if what I just typed/texted makes sense before I hit 'send'.
                    My thoughts also. And maybe, after the 100th time one's phone has embarrassed one, turn autocorrect off? Common sense isn't so common, though.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                    B*tch-lite

                    Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      Thanks. I still want to try brain some time. And though I'm sure that someone somewhere has referred to me as a mad cow, I'd rather try sheep/lamb brains just to be a bit cautious. I also think I'll leave it to a professional chef the first time I try them.
                      I had lambs/sheeps brains in a restaurant in Australia on me first visit there, it was okay if I recall

                      Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      My thoughts also. And maybe, after the 100th time one's phone has embarrassed one, turn autocorrect off? Common sense isn't so common, though.
                      I hope peeps don't start turning off autocorrect, they don't half keep us entertained....I think common sense is being bred out of people nowadays!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        I think common sense is being bred out of people nowadays!
                        It's all that wheat they eat. My Sweetie and I, instead of using the words "idiot" or "dumb ass", now say <with appropriate tone of disgust> "wheat eater!"

                        Comment


                        • This is totally off on another topic, but why do people try to carry on complex conversations via text? Am I the only one left on the planet that feels that complex emotions and so forth should be expressed in an actual conversation, i.e. spoken words?

                          Sorry to rant in your journal.
                          My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

                          Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                            This is totally off on another topic, but why do people try to carry on complex conversations via text? Am I the only one left on the planet that feels that complex emotions and so forth should be expressed in an actual conversation, i.e. spoken words?
                            Totally agree about this AND the art of letter writing, including handwritten invitations, holiday cards and thank you notes.

                            Sorry to butt in.
                            Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                            CW: 2017: 150
                            GW: 130 a dream, I know
                            Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              I had lambs/sheeps brains in a restaurant in Australia on me first visit there, it was okay if I recall

                              I hope peeps don't start turning off autocorrect, they don't half keep us entertained....I think common sense is being bred out of people nowadays!
                              Cool - have to try almost everything once. I agree that they keep us entertained. I just have to wonder why? I have one that I haven't posted where the C-word gets substituted for "court" in a business setting text. That would do it for me. LOL

                              Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                              It's all that wheat they eat. My Sweetie and I, instead of using the words "idiot" or "dumb ass", now say <with appropriate tone of disgust> "wheat eater!"
                              I love that! I'm stealing it next time it's appropriate.

                              Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                              This is totally off on another topic, but why do people try to carry on complex conversations via text? Am I the only one left on the planet that feels that complex emotions and so forth should be expressed in an actual conversation, i.e. spoken words?

                              Sorry to rant in your journal.
                              Darlin', if that's a rant, you are truly mellow. And you may rant here any time you wish.

                              Originally posted by perennialpam View Post
                              Totally agree about this AND the art of letter writing, including handwritten invitations, holiday cards and thank you notes.

                              Sorry to butt in.
                              Pull up a chair - you're not butting in at all! I miss written letters also.

                              I'll bore you with a little story. My grandmother had a very close friend from about the time she was in her early 30s to when she died in her mid-80s. As you might imagine, over 50 years, they might have had a couple of disagreements. One stretched on a little longer than Gran'ma wanted it to. She snail mailed her friend a very pretty sheet of stationery with no writing on it.

                              When asked by her friend why she did that, she said it was because they weren't speaking but she wanted to keep in touch.
                              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

                              B*tch-lite

                              Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post

                                When asked by her friend why she did that, she said it was because they weren't speaking but she wanted to keep in touch.
                                Crafty Granny. Smart woman.
                                Female back to the basics: 5-2017
                                CW: 2017: 150
                                GW: 130 a dream, I know
                                Muscle soreness surrounding Neck, Thyroid and Rosacea issues.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X