No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta love those autocorrects. I try to read your journal when nobody is around just incase I laugh till I pee
    Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
      Trying to focus on the yummy chocolate covered bacon, but the gross peas keep intruding..........
      LOL. I'm actually a fan of peas, but that mold looks very unappetizing. Bloodorchid has been experimenting with gelatin recipes and hers sound good, but that one... well, yikes!

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
      Super stuff - "my cock exploded", "call your dad"...!!!! I love your autocorrect bits!

PATH train - wow, trip down memory lane. Here was me in NJ: NJ Transit train from Matawan to Newark, then PATH over to the old WTC for work. Before I switched to the trains, I was on the Academy bus line from Freehold all the way in, but to get to work on time at 9:00 (at my desk) I had to catch the 6:30 am bus because we got caught each and every frickin' day at that damned Holland tunnel. The going home was no better on the bus, and I had to eventually stop taking the bus altogether because I was seriously car sick every day. My NJ friend would take the NJ Transit further on to Hoboken and hop the ferry to Manhattan to his institutional banking job. Don't miss the job, but I do miss the trains - I love trains; from the old and squeaky-squealy to the ultra-slick Euro trains and everything in between.
      I love trains also! My ex-husband and I took the Skunk train in CA just to ride a train. But even AMTRAK gives me a rush - like I'm starting a wonderful adventure.

Originally posted by Zan View Post
      Chicken bondage and Monty Python references???

Officially THE best journal on MDA
      Originally posted by Goldie View Post
      Us B*tch groupies have known that for a long time!
      Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      8n't dat the truth....
      Thank you. Y'all are making me blush.

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
      I dunno, that thing with the olives, maybe there's liver in there...

LMAO as usual! Although some of the folks I work with, their son actually would call them to report that he had...you know...one of those things I will never, ever understand.
      If there isn't liver in there, it would be the perfect addition for that guy that won't quit calling!

My mom and I were pretty open with each other, but that would be over-sharing fersure.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
      I didn't realize you lived in SF for 14 yrs, that's quite a long time. What years were you there?
      I remember the date we got there because it was 7/4/74. We left in fall of 1988. I have to say that I loved 12 of those 14 years and couldn't have imagined living anywhere else. Then real estate went through the roof, and the yuppies replaced the hippies, so we left for a place where we didn't both have to work ourselves to death just to afford a home. I was sad, but I became an adult in SF and it will always have a special place in my heart.

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
      Gotta love those autocorrects. I try to read your journal when nobody is around just incase I laugh till I pee
      LOL - I agree that if you're going to pee your pants at work, it's probably better not to have a witness. hahaha
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        I love trains also! My ex-husband and I took the Skunk train in CA just to ride a train. But even AMTRAK gives me a rush - like I'm starting a wonderful adventure.

I remember the date we got there because it was 7/4/74. We left in fall of 1988. I have to say that I loved 12 of those 14 years and couldn't have imagined living anywhere else. Then real estate went through the roof, and the yuppies replaced the hippies, so we left for a place where we didn't both have to work ourselves to death just to afford a home. I was sad, but I became an adult in SF and it will always have a special place in my heart.
        I have to confess first off that I don't know how to multiquote!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've ridden the skunk train, then you most likely have been to my town!

I moved to Oakland in 86 and SF in 90. The prices in SF have gotten astronomical, I hear most midrange workers, fireman, teachers and police can't afford to live there any more.
        Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
          I have to confess first off that I don't know how to multiquote!!!!!!!!!!!

If you've ridden the skunk train, then you most likely have been to my town!

I moved to Oakland in 86 and SF in 90. The prices in SF have gotten astronomical, I hear most midrange workers, fireman, teachers and police can't afford to live there any more.
          Multiquote would be when you quoted more than one post, so the way you did this one was perfect.

The little thingy in the right hand corner of the response - the thing with the ? mark and the response is the multiquote. If you were going to quote three posts, for example, you'd click on that for the first two, then click on "respond with quote" for the last one.

Being in Oakland in 86, we most likely crossed paths! Very cool.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation Joanie.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• OMG - it's a plus sign, not a ? mark. I'm sorry.

Note to self: Proof read before you post. Proof read before you post.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• The weekend

Boring introspection. Little trade-offs. I've been thinking about the trade-off of the convenience of getting my groceries delivered, and portions. When I get delivery, most of my proteins come frozen in one-pound packages. But the only thing I really eat a whole pound of is oxtail (a lot of the weight is bone) and head-on shrimp.* Everything else, I'd eat in 8-12oz portions. Also, the only place I've been able to find 95/5 grass fed ground beef is Whole Foods. So, I've been settling for 85/15 and 90/10. Both are fine, but I really like 95/5, and calorically, I can eat larger portions.

So, in yet another effort to subvert my hermit/shut-in sensibilities, I'm going to eat the 14 meals in my freezer, then get my stupid ass to WFoods for some of that delicious beef. And squid.

*I did eat a pound of head-on shrimp. I did a simple boil of black pepper, garlic, lemon, salt, and cayenne. I was going to make rice to go with it, but the quantity looked like it didn't need help, so I just ate it as it was. I did add a little salt after the boil. De-freakin'-licious!

I've seen some previews of some of the new TV shows being rolled out this month and next, and it looks like some fun stuff is on the way. One show confuses me though. It's called Forever, and it's about a man who comes back in NYC whenever he dies. Didn't this idea already fail in 2008 in a FOX show called New Amsterdam that lasted a whopping eight episodes before being cancelled? <---Rhetorical question. The good news is that with the success of darker shows like Hannibal, Grimm, Sleepy Hollow, The Following, and The Blacklist, there are a slew of dark shows coming. I like dark TV, if for no other reason than that there's no laugh track.

IMO and just my opinion:

1. OJ did it.
                2. Neither Manson, nor his followers should ever be free. I may be pro choice, but when you kill a woman who's eight and a half months pregnant, you've also killed a baby. Rot in jail forever.
                3. It's easier to believe a convenient lie than an inconvenient truth.
                4. I wish they'd solve JFK's murder before I die.
                5. In the beginning, man created God in his own image. If God exists, s/he is much more complex than anything we can know.
                6. If I cared any less about looks, I'd be blind. Which doesn't mean that I can't appreciate a physically beautiful person of either sex. Only that a pretty person isn't any more relevant than a pretty pair of boots when it comes to finding love or a mate. Actually, the boots might mean more - like tastes and all that.
                7. People that don't believe that the Holocaust happened are idiots.
                8. People that don't believe we ever landed on the moon are most likely idiots.

There's actually news!

California Blue Whale Population Once Again on the Rise - Saving Advice Articles - "After a century of being hunted to near extinction, the population of the California great blue whale, otherwise known as the North Pacific blue whale, is recovering quite nicely."

1,500-Year-Old 'Last Supper' Papyrus Could Be One Of Oldest Christian Charms : Science : Design & Trend - "A 1,500-year-old fragment of Greek papyrus with writing that refers to the biblical Last Supper and 'manna from heaven' could be one of the oldest Christian amulets found yet, say researchers."

Pathogens that are Deadly Found in U.S Laboratories - Dumb Out | Dumb Out - "The National Institutes of Health or the NIH, has found pathogens that are deadly in different laboratories of the U.S government." Considering how often various federal agencies can't find their collective asses with both hands, this worries me.

Potassium rich foods provide stroke protection in older women and in conjunction with that, since apparently the only food most people associate with potassium is banana, here's one list of potassium rich foods (it's not paleo, so there are beans on the list, but banana is #10): Top 10 Foods Highest in Potassium

Cheetah has surgery at Safari Park; dog is nearby, concerned - LA Times - For the awww factor.

I started watching Joan Rivers videos. This led me to Robin Williams videos, which led me to Stephen Fry videos. Fun stuff.

Ooh ooh - I just thought of a story I can share. Y'all know that I was an accountant, and for awhile, I did public accounting. When you work in public accounting, if you work for a decent firm, they send you yearly to what I affectionately call "audit camp." IOW, it's CEUs and the company pays. I had just changed firms (they had kept the door open, so when I got to the meh point with the old firm, I flew the coop to them) when it was time to send us to audit camp. They sent us all to Grapevine, TX. This may seem like a strange place, but if you look at a map, you'll see that for a national firm, it's pretty central for both coasts, and most of the country. Anyway, one night, we were all partying by the pool. They had an 11pm curfew. That accountants are dweebs, I won't argue. But like a lot of dweebs, when you set them free with alcohol, they can party like it's the proverbial 1999.

We were getting a bit raucous. A hotel employee came to the pool at about a quarter to 11 to warn us that it was close to time to leave the pool area. So, there I am, with no real power or authority what so ever, and I went up to said employee (in a tasteful one-piece because audit camp). I said something to the effect of: Our firm has rented over 100 rooms here - do you think it's possible to extend the curfew for a couple of hours if we keep the noise down? No one bothered us from that point on.

We ended up skinnydipping in the hotel pool. Until the wee hours. The next day's classes were filled with aspirin-eating people wearing sunglasses. Is it any wonder that in Girl Scout Camp, I was dubbed "Wayward Leader?" LOL Send me your conservatives, your uptight, your fast track - I will corrupt them all with fun. The managing partner laughed his ass off when he heard of our little escapade.

Apropos of nothing. After over five years on photobucket, I've still only used 12% of the free space. They rock.

Fun stuff:

Roasting a pig on a spit and being green? Perfect.

Such a cute widdle piggy wiggy. Yes he is.
                I bet he'll taste awesome!

Peace, love, and for Heaven's sake, turn off the autocorrect,
                J
                Last edited by JoanieL; 09-07-2014, 02:13 PM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Best autocorrects ever! And the cat funny too!
                  My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Hubby just picked up 3 piglets. I think I'm not supposed to call them cute because they are going to be food. Actually they are only cute for a very short time any way.

I'm afraid i'm very easily led astray so you wouldn't have to twist my arm to get me to participate in your shenanigans!

Where to my Wayward Leader?

Comment

• So which was it? Hanging out and ice cream or making out and orgasms? Inquiring minds want to know!

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                        So which was it? Hanging out and ice cream or making out and orgasms? Inquiring minds want to know!
                        Why can't we have both?

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                          Why can't we have both?
                          the voice of wisdom speaks!

Comment

• re; drunken shenanigans, yes

re; manson and his followers, they've chaaaaaaanged, they were yoooouuuunnnng but now they're ollllddddeeeerrrrrr and seee the liiiiiiightttt

re; piglets... i'm not sure i could eat him. i'm not sure i could eat anything that cute. or this cute. someone's just going to have to kill them for me when they're older, i'm weak in the sunbeams and rainbows of adorableness.

i'd name them

i've probably already named them

beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• By the time the pigs are ready to eat they are no longer cute, they're even borderline scary. TBH Hubby raises the pigs at another location and I don't visit them. Hubby shows me pictures of them, and then I see them when we pick them up from the butcher wrapped in pristine white butcher paper. I do help butcher the roosters and eventually I'll be around when the rabbits have their turn, not sure how I'll deal with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                                Best autocorrects ever! And the cat funny too!
                                The mixed signals cracked me up.

Hubby just picked up 3 piglets. I think I'm not supposed to call them cute because they are going to be food. Actually they are only cute for a very short time any way.

I'm afraid i'm very easily led astray so you wouldn't have to twist my arm to get me to participate in your shenanigans!

Where to my Wayward Leader?
                                Well, it's 145am my time, so I'm thinking the Quarter to hunt down a 24 hour bar that also serves oysters or eggs so we can stay 'til morning. Or we could do the touristy thing and do Bourbon Street - but no Hand Granades for us until we pour ourselves into a cab. (They taste like candy, but turn normal people into zombies.) Or we could wait 'til morning, throw a dart at a map and drive to where ever it lands.

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                So which was it? Hanging out and ice cream or making out and orgasms? Inquiring minds want to know!
                                Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                                Why can't we have both?
                                Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                the voice of wisdom speaks!
                                Ooh, cold play. Yum.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                re; drunken shenanigans, yes

re; manson and his followers, they've chaaaaaaanged, they were yoooouuuunnnng but now they're ollllddddeeeerrrrrr and seee the liiiiiiightttt

re; piglets... i'm not sure i could eat him. i'm not sure i could eat anything that cute. or this cute. someone's just going to have to kill them for me when they're older, i'm weak in the sunbeams and rainbows of adorableness.

i'd name them

i've probably already named them

I love that piggy. The mini picnic table is hilarious!

By the time the pigs are ready to eat they are no longer cute, they're even borderline scary. TBH Hubby raises the pigs at another location and I don't visit them. Hubby shows me pictures of them, and then I see them when we pick them up from the butcher wrapped in pristine white butcher paper. I do help butcher the roosters and eventually I'll be around when the rabbits have their turn, not sure how I'll deal with that.
                                If you want to get desensitized, you could start here: Urban Survival Livestock: Raising Rabbits Part 1 - YouTube. By the time he gets to part four, I believe that's when he shows how to kill and dress them. It's very quick and humane, probably more so than lethal injection.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X