No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay readers, it's up to you. I'll post the chicken in bondage pic, and you vote if you want it deleted or not. If you vote to delete it, I'll comply because I respect your opinion. It's very graphic.

Last edited by JoanieL; 08-30-2014, 08:56 PM.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Good lord, where do you find these pictures?

Comment

• For some reason, I had to save that picture. It is both horrifying and fascinating at the same time. I will probably see it every time I remove chicken giblets.

I like the changes you are making to your eating plan. There is not enough real research on real people to be able to say there is only one true path. I have read a lot of research on nutrition recently and talked to several well known researchers affiliated with a world class university and the conclusion from all of it is: we just don't know. My eating plan, when I can eat, revolves revolves around well sourced foods that are minimally processed that I think are healthy for me. I still avoid big Agra mostly because I don't like their farming practices. Life is too short to eat crappy food you do not enjoy!

That dog picture is too cute and I want a meat sundae!

Where is DD? I have not seen any of his posts recently.

And Canio, welcome back!

Comment

• I'll never be able to eat cantaloupe again.

The chicken looks relaxed,
          even tho her head seems to be missing,
          probably for the best.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            Good lord, where do you find these pictures?
            I search for various phrases. Funny food images or weird food images, etc. Sometimes the internet is just lovely!

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
            For some reason, I had to save that picture. It is both horrifying and fascinating at the same time. I will probably see it every time I remove chicken giblets.

I like the changes you are making to your eating plan. There is not enough real research on real people to be able to say there is only one true path. I have read a lot of research on nutrition recently and talked to several well known researchers affiliated with a world class university and the conclusion from all of it is: we just don't know. My eating plan, when I can eat, revolves revolves around well sourced foods that are minimally processed that I think are healthy for me. I still avoid big Agra mostly because I don't like their farming practices. Life is too short to eat crappy food you do not enjoy!

That dog picture is too cute and I want a meat sundae!

Where is DD? I have not seen any of his posts recently.

And Canio, welcome back!
            There you are! I kept telling myself, "one more day and I'll email her." Trying to figure out that fine line between concern and stalking.

The chicken disturbs me. It's the why of it. Did someone use it in a How To book/article for the BDSM crowd?

Thank you for the encouragement on the changes in my eating plan. I know that of all the "bads" of paleo and primal, wheat is a biggy. But I see all the slippery slopes others are doing while still calling it primal - high carb primal is silly. Primal and paleo are basically lower carb than the powers that be recommend. If a person doesn't believe that's good for them, they're eating whole foods (at best) and should just admit that to themselves. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that. And if people are still deluding themselves that they can't "afford" non-CAFO foods while paying for smart phones and $100/month TV plans, that's on them. And if I like my food between two slices of sourdough bread with four ingredients and no sugar added, then I have to woman up and admit that.

I do enjoy eating paleo foods - I think I'm just tired of feeling like I'm failing when I eat bread.

Where is Dave? I've searched and I don't know. Daaaaaave - have we lost you to the bliss of travel or to the arms of some lovely?

Canio's return is welcome indeed!

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
            I'll never be able to eat cantaloupe again.

probably for the best.
            *chuckle* But it did put me in the mood for a banana.

The chicken part was very Haiku-ish. You're a poet!

Apropos of nothing, when the rain stopped, the temp went down to 75*, so I went to The Quarter to see if there was any trouble I could get into. Not much, though as usual, a good number of free drinks. Once a person gets off Bourbon Street, the Quarter is a fun place. I actually had forgotten it was Saturday until I was already on the street car, but it was nice. I like it better on the week days, because the weekends have more of a pick up vibe.

*75F! While it's still summer, that's amazing. I got to open my windows. It never got over 82. Can this last?
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Pics... The chicken one is just strange to me. I think I don't know enough about the symbolism of that to get disturbed. But, that banana and melon one - THAT I had to shake out of my head a couple of days ago!
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post

probably for the best.
                I have no opinion on the chicken picture, but this haiku made me lose it laughing.
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• DH & I were at lunch today, and he said, think I'll get us some fruit.

He brings back a plate with, I swear to God, a WHOLE, PEELED banana, grapes and cantaloupe.
                  Not a half cantaloupe, tho. I started laughing, and said, well, at least it's not half a cantaloupe.
                  And he said, no, looks like they used a BALLER on it. I almost peed myself. So close.

Comment

• And once again, laughed me arse off!

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                      Pics... The chicken one is just strange to me. I think I don't know enough about the symbolism of that to get disturbed. But, that banana and melon one - THAT I had to shake out of my head a couple of days ago!
                      Glad I could enter your mind... muwhaahahha

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                      I have no opinion on the chicken picture, but this haiku made me lose it laughing.
                      +1

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                      DH & I were at lunch today, and he said, think I'll get us some fruit.

He brings back a plate with, I swear to God, a WHOLE, PEELED banana, grapes and cantaloupe.
                      Not a half cantaloupe, tho. I started laughing, and said, well, at least it's not half a cantaloupe.
                      And he said, no, looks like they used a BALLER on it. I almost peed myself. So close.
                      Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                      And once again, laughed me arse off!
                      I'm with Walrus - laughing hard! It's synchronicity!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• From yesterday

Monday, September 01, 2014

To obfuscate is to blur the truth. It goes like this.

Person 1: A is ____________.
                        Person 2: But B, C, and twelve years ago, you said D.
                        Person 1: Regardless, A is ____________.
                        Person 2: rambles on about anything except the point of the conversation.

This can go on for as long at Person 1 allows him/herself to be sucked in. What's important to remember is that Person 2 isn't interested in anything except the appearance of winning. I've never been able to figure out what they're winning. It isn't money. It isn't even a goofy trophy. Meh. This behavior isn't confined to one gender nor is it generational. Sadly, obfuscation works on a lot of people - this is why most successful politicians talk out of both sides of their mouths. Ask them about the environment (for example), and they'll answer with a prepared rap on any subject except that. The worst of the obfuscators, when frustrated that the other person has figured out their game/agenda/whatever, will sometimes resort to out and out lies. Repeat a lie often enough, and you'll get some people to believe it.

Fall must be getting near. It wasn't really light out at 6am. Yep, just checked and sunrise was at 637am. By the 28th of September, the day length will be 11 hours 59 minutes. I don't know why I care about this stuff, but I do.

The baby f*cktards are taking over the forums again. The absolute ignorance that gets spouted with such assurance makes me want to vomit - unfortunately, I can't get the vomit into cyperspace. The sad thing is that these kids are fairly bright - they just are... I don't know. Without guidance? I know arrogance is often a function of youth, and I try to take that into consideration, but it's hard when that arrogance is accompanied by personalities that would get their asses kicked (thereby teaching humility) if they couldn't hide online.

One thing I "learned" today is that exercise doesn't lead to fat loss. Really? Because I had previously learned that about half the population needs to exercise to stay fairly fit and trim - it's that old one size doesn't fit all thing again. Dang the complexities of life.

My own experience is that without at least a good walk per day when I want to cut a few pounds, losing weight/fat is harder. My theory is that it's not the calories expended during the walk, because they are minimal. However, you do a few things when you walk. You up your metabolism for a little while - probably for the length of the walk, and maybe for an hour or more afterwards. You definitely strengthen the muscles in your legs, ass, and core when you walk and since muscle is the most metabolically active component of our bodies, you again benefit your metabolism. And my last one is pure theory: when you make your body take a five or more mile walk per day, your body adapts to become the body it needs to be to do it. I could be a couch potato or a computer potato at 200 pounds, but I couldn't be a 200 pound woman who walked five miles per day because my skeleton and muscles simply aren't built to carry that much weight that far - my body adapted. I agree with those that state that 80% or more of body weight is dependent on diet, but just from my experience, the exercise is what takes a person from average to definitely fit.

Another example. When I lived in Hoboken, I walked 44 blocks a day effortlessly (I don't know what that is in miles). Eleven blocks to the train; 11 blocks from the train to work, and the reverse on the way home. Even eating mostly pizza, burritos, and chinese food, I kept my weight pretty effortlessly at about 128 pounds. Then I found a bus that would take me to almost the same place, but the bus stop was only three blocks away from my apartment instead of 11. A few pounds came on. Then I started dating a guy that was self-employed, and he would walk my dog for me, and he'd occasionally do my grocery shopping (that was also a walk with one of those granny rolly carts). Before I knew it, without really changing my eating very much that I noticed, I was closer to 140 than 130.

Lastly, I've never found any of the hamster aerobic exercises to be of any help whatsoever. Dancing, yes, but not treadmill or eliptical. I think these types of exercises aren't as effective because the scenery never changes. You might burn the 200 calories in an hour, so that might help a bit, but your brain isn't registering that it needs to take you places because it's seeing the same wall or TV for the entire time.

So yeah, exercise matters. It's not the calories. It's the signals to the brain that your core, feet, and legs need to be able to carry you places. That's my theory and sticking to it.

On a more pleasant note, my food order is coming today, and among other things, there will be three pounds of shrimp (yay!) and a pint of pineapple coconut sorbet. I'm thinking that making some shrimp and rice with just a little of the sorbet stirred in might be nice.

News. WebMD says lowering carbs may be more effective than lowering fat for weight loss. Sigh, spin, spin, spin - the "experts" turn again. A gecko and his harem of four died in outer space. It's been 100 years since the passenger pigeon became extinct. In context, this means that an animal that lived when my grandmother was a little girl, no longer lives, and has never lived in my lifetime.

Fun stuff:

Dogs may be the most patient animals on the planet.

Breathtaking!

Peace, love, and dogs with floppy ears,
                        J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I stopped reading the general forum unless one of my favs posts. Even then if one of the people on my "too ignorant to occupy my world" list also posts, I just quietly back out. I am losing enough brain cells these days, I don't need to waste them uselessly. So don't worry if you don't see me as much. I will try to be better at emailing!

My old endrocinologist used to say that diet is for weight loss and exercise is to keep it off. Exercise helps in so many tangible and intangible ways. People were meant to move and move frequently.

What time is dinner?

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                            I stopped reading the general forum unless one of my favs posts. Even then if one of the people on my "too ignorant to occupy my world" list also posts, I just quietly back out. I am losing enough brain cells these days, I don't need to waste them uselessly. So don't worry if you don't see me as much. I will try to be better at emailing!

My old endrocinologist used to say that diet is for weight loss and exercise is to keep it off. Exercise helps in so many tangible and intangible ways. People were meant to move and move frequently.

What time is dinner?
                            Hi hi!

Is the chemo making your brain fuzzy?

I forgot that I'd defrosted beef last night and then wasn't hungry enough to eat it, so shrimp will have to be tomorrow. I tasted the sorbet, and it's pretty sweet. I think I'll cut it with something when I use it on the shrimp, or at least use a very very light hand. The good news is that it's so sweet that there's little danger that I'll just dive into it and eat the whole thing in one sitting.

So, tonight, I'll use the stew beef, put that over rice, and make a little sauce with some wine and this bacon and shallot cream cheese that a local dairy farm makes.

I also thought I'd give sweet potatoes yet another try, so I ordered some of them to maybe make a dessert type thing. The dairy farm also makes a honey-date cream cheese, so I'm thinking of mashed sweet potato with that mixed in.

Don't stress about emailing, though of course, I love hearing from you. I want your days to be as stress-free as possible with lots of dog kisses and blue skies.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Dipped my toe into the boards. Even with the ignore feature fully enabled, the drift of the conversation after the ignored had put their oar in wound me up to such a degree that I quickly retreated. Gah, the internet - all the goodness and all the badness, but very little in the middle.
                              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• I generally stay here in the journals where it is all warm and fuzzy. There's enough BS in real life without looking for it online.

Love your post from Monday, Joanie. I've read it three or four times. You've expressed so many ideas I have had swirling around in my head but never seem to be able to put down on paper. And I totally agree.

Comment

Working...
                                X