B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi hi, V!

I checked the news after reading your post, and it sounds like a big one. 6.0 isn't anything to sneeze at! 120 injured. Burst gas lines. 20,000 people without power. And the largest earthquake to hit that area since the 6.9 Loma Prieta in 1989! I'd have been peeing my drawers.

Da Gov has declared a state of emergency in Southern Napa County. Big news, indeed.

Glad that you my friend are safe, and UF, and anyone that I know but didn't know was in that area.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Bacon.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

I forgot to address the weirdness of cats. Yes, I agree. They are weird. To me, they're like men in a way. I don't understand them, but I love them. They act all indifferent and superior, and then they do something that makes you realize that you are loved. As a note, I love cats better than I love most men.

A tribute to bacon, because it's 94 degrees F (34.4C) and I'm hanging in the cave doing dumb stuff:

A handy dandy little gadget that catches bacon grease.

It's the bacon apocalypse!
      Bacon mummy.

Oh! Come all ye faithful. To the bacon nativity.

More bacon for Christmas.

Add a couple of weiners for Bacon Turtles.

Peace, love, and bacon,
      J
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Is it really bad if a bacon mummy makes me salivate? Or if I am mentally calculating whether I have the ingredients to make bacon turtles without going to the grocery?

Cats weird? As compared to what?
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Cats are awesome, my opinion being witnessed by the fact that in the last 10 years, we have always had 8. Right now, 9. Dunno why, but I have always been fascinated by them. My second oldest is curled up with me right now, as I am stretched out on my ancient, ugly, beat-up couch and type. Bliss.
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
            Greetings from the Land of Big Earthquakes. This mornings quake got my heart racing but others than that, all is good for us. Napa had a lot of damage though. Earthquakes are scary because you don't know they are ever going to stop. I am certain this one lasted a good 10 minutes.

Hope all is well for everyone!
            I slept right through it! But an odd thing happened this morning at 5 am, I got up to take my pills and feed the dogs and all of a sudden I heard something fall. Immediately I knew what it was but not why. Just outside my kitchen on the covered patio I have a makeshift cooking set up, an electric burner I was using to cook my bone broth overnight, the pot had slipped off the burner and the pot went crashing down spilling precious broth,fat and bones all over the patio, a complete loss and a major mess. I thought it was odd because I've used that set up before and never had a problem.

I guess the first earthquake must have moved the pot off slightly and then we apparently had another nearby earthquake at 5 am that caused the pot to come crashing down.

The dogs insisted on helping clean up the mess. I probably shouldn't have let them (they didn't get any bones, only meat and fat) but they are both bloated from eating way too much.
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• bacon Nativity..... hmmmm probably not kosher.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                bacon Nativity..... hmmmm probably not kosher.....
                maybe not but baby jebus approves.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                  Is it really bad if a bacon mummy makes me salivate? Or if I am mentally calculating whether I have the ingredients to make bacon turtles without going to the grocery?

Cats weird? As compared to what?
                  I can't quite tell if those turtles are stuffed with mac & cheese to get the humps, but if so, cheesy rice would be a good substitute.

Not weird compared to me. Cats make the perfect pet as we usually have about the same need for affection and alone time.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                  Cats are awesome, my opinion being witnessed by the fact that in the last 10 years, we have always had 8. Right now, 9. Dunno why, but I have always been fascinated by them. My second oldest is curled up with me right now, as I am stretched out on my ancient, ugly, beat-up couch and type. Bliss.
                  Eight is a lot. My max was four, but the dynamics weren't working so I gave the newest one to a good friend. They fascinate me also, and their ability to be able to turn a hunk of dust into a toy cracks me up.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                  I slept right through it! But an odd thing happened this morning at 5 am, I got up to take my pills and feed the dogs and all of a sudden I heard something fall. Immediately I knew what it was but not why. Just outside my kitchen on the covered patio I have a makeshift cooking set up, an electric burner I was using to cook my bone broth overnight, the pot had slipped off the burner and the pot went crashing down spilling precious broth,fat and bones all over the patio, a complete loss and a major mess. I thought it was odd because I've used that set up before and never had a problem.

I guess the first earthquake must have moved the pot off slightly and then we apparently had another nearby earthquake at 5 am that caused the pot to come crashing down.

The dogs insisted on helping clean up the mess. I probably shouldn't have let them (they didn't get any bones, only meat and fat) but they are both bloated from eating way too much.
                  I shouldn't laugh, but I'm imagining dogs doing the bloat talk, "Woof, I'm bloated, but that woofing broth was sooo worth it." "Totally! I hope she makes more soon."

A drag to lose a whole batch though.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  bacon Nativity..... hmmmm probably not kosher.....
                  Kosher bacon - LOL!

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                  maybe not but baby jebus approves.
                  Can't fault a deity that loves bacon!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday, August 24 - 26, 2014

After a year and some of this journal, I've forgotten if I've told some stories. So, apologies if I've told about Gran'ma and the birds before.

My grandmother retired to St. Petersburg, FL. Actually, Treasure Island. Gran'ma loved the birds, especially the egrets. She used to feed them bread. Then one day someone told her that the birds could choke on bread. So, she started to feed them cut up hot dogs. I can't remember seeing my grandmother eat a hot dog herself, but all the way until those last six weeks of her life, she would buy them so she could feed the birds. When she would open her front door in the morning, the egrets would be waiting for her. Sometimes there'd be a heron, and she'd of course feed them also, but her love was the snowy white egret.

Mark's post today mentioned that just doing stretching exercises doesn't do much for alertness and better brain function, but eight weeks of Hatha Yoga does improve those things. I figure that I already see doom and gloom in things others just take for granted. I don't want to improve my brain function. I don't want to decrease it, I just don't want to improve it.

Last night's supper. Oxtails, yellow zucchini, collards, and potatoes, all in a broth bolstered and thickened with a tablespoon of potato flour and the potatos themselves. It came out really good, and I have to admit, a carrot might have improved it.

Lately, I'm not doing vey well at writing for public consumption. It may be because my personal journal has taken a bit of a cynical tone, and I'm reluctant to share more than a day or two of that. Cavegurls are supposed to be peppy, sunny folks, right? Because grass fed beef and butter solve everything. hahaha

I got free wine! My local liquor store got a case of wine and one of the bottles broke, ruining the labels on a few of the bottles. So, they gave me one. It's just every day Barefoot Merlot, but I'll take it. <--- happy and peppy.

Not much in the news today that isn't depressing as shite.

I don't go to movies anymore because the older I get, the more I want to break heads for rudeness in movie theatres. I'll occasionally go to a $2 theatre when there's one around, but even then I try to go in the middle of the day when most people are at school or work. The upside of this is that I often discover movies years later that others already have seen. Today, I watched a movie I found at youtube called Levity (2003) - I don't even understand the title after watching the movie. Cast: Holly Hunter, Billy Bob Thornton, Morgan Freeman, and Kirsten Dunst. IOW, lots of talent. Man gets out of jail after 21 years for killing a boy during a robbery, and gets involved with the boy's sister. Loved it.

The gallery:

Perhaps I've been concentrating on cats too much lately.
                    Time to give dogs their equal time.

I think that's a French Bull Dog (one of my faves) getting a tan.

Is this a great presentation for chicken wings, or what?

Peace, love, and French Bull Dogs,
                    J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• maybe a Greek bulldog....

and love the wings! Just makes you want to dive right in....

Comment

• I think it shoulda been 'no scotch, no anal'. Yeah, that's much better
                        Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          maybe a Greek bulldog....

and love the wings! Just makes you want to dive right in....
                          It took me a second to get the Greek reference - LOL.

This is wing afterglow:

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                          I think it shoulda been 'no scotch, no anal'. Yeah, that's much better
                          Successful negotiations are often malleable.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I sometimes have an obtuse point of view...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• In today's Utah news:
                              VERNAL A Uintah County woman accused of using burning bacon to start a fire inside her ex-boyfriend's house was ordered to stand trial Wednesday on a number of charges including arson.
                              She's being charged with arson? She should be charged with bacon abuse!

Comment

• Who would think chicken wings could be NSFW?
                                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Working...
                                X