B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
    Schar Ciabatta premade rolls are your thing. Trust me on this. Dunno know if you can choke down the price, but I found them at my local salvage grocer (in date, no less, with perfect packaging) and got the whole shelf. Second and I couldn't believe the quality. Simply yummy - no qualifications needed.
    Jotted down that note. Even expensive, burgers are my love.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I was thinking your fry bread would make a good pita substitute. My guys liked the Brazilian cheese bread when I baked it in mini muffin tins and served them with a stew. It was kind of like popovers.

I actually really like nutritional yeast but I don't use it as a sub for parmesan.
    It could be that my brain was waiting for parmesan and so was very disappointed. I used to tell people that it wasn't that Tang didn't taste good, it was that they were hoping for OJ.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
    I'll keep my eye out for that brand, for a once in a while splurge it might be worth it.
    Totally.

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    This is a little bit of work, but the results freeze well... and they taste good, too! If you make them with fresh garlic, all you need to do is put a little butter on top after you've cooked them. Yummmmm...

Naan/Flatbread

1-1/2 cups tapioca starch
    1/2 cup grated pecorino Romano cheese (or regular Romano)
    2 tbsp coconut flour
    1-1/2 tbsp baking powder
    1/2 cup Greek yogurt
    4 eggs
    2 tbsp melted fat of choice
    1 tsp garlic flakes or garlic powder -- or other dried seasonings
    1/4 cup of water
    sea salt & pepper to taste

Combine all of the dry ingredients together, then add in the wet ingredients. Mix until there are no lumps. Let it sit for a few minutes to soak up the coconut flour and firm up a bit. Heat 1 tsp of butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat and scoop out about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the hot pan. Spread it out as best as you can to about 1/2 inch thickness and cook for a couple of minutes. The bottom should brown and crisp up. Flip over and cook for a couple more minutes. If you spread them thinner, they’re more like tortillas.
    That looks good. My problem since (mostly) giving up wheat is that I don't always have all the flours on hand to make stuff. My larder is pathetic.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    Tell that to they fu*kwits in Iraq!

Isn't that quote from Commando?

Not sure I wants to know the dog laws in Louisiana....
    It seems like that whole part of the world has been f*cked up since I can remember. Not sure where the quote is from. LMAO @ Louisiana.

I'll give you an example. If you buy a cow share, you can't get raw milk with it. And there have been instances when they enforced it. OTOH, you can buy bull shares for the sperm. So, the laws are basically for sale to the highest bidder. I fear for dogs, them not having money and all.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
      Indeed.

Later followed up with something like, "Do you remember how I said I would kill you last? I lied."
      I was posting while you were posting. Thank you. I love the second half.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        I was posting while you were posting. Thank you. I love the second half.
        Me too. He is holding the guy over a cliff by one leg when he says about lying and then drops him to his death of course. The third (half? third? part?) is classic Arnold. For the third part another character says, "What happened to whatever-the-guy's-name-is?" and Arnold says, "I let him go." Boom-tiss!

Ah, that is classic comedy right there. :/

Comment

Me too. He is holding the guy over a cliff by one leg when he says about lying and then drops him to his death of course. The third (half? third? part?) is classic Arnold. For the third part another character says, "What happened to whatever-the-guy's-name-is?" and Arnold says, "I let him go." Boom-tiss!

Ah, that is classic comedy right there. :/
          He's a funny guy. I can practically hear him saying, "I let him go."

I read once that during the discussion of his sexual escapades before he settled down with Maria Schriver, he told her something like, "Yes, but you're my first Democrat."

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I can't remember the comedian, so paraphrasing: once you're over 80, anything you die of is from old age. If you get hit by a bus, that's old age because if you were in your 20s, you could have jumped out of the way.

I found the ghost. The other day, I could have sworn I heard something fall in my kitchen. I glanced around and didn't see anything. I can be superstitious, so I said, "It's okay if you mess with my stuff, just don't do scary ghost faces at me." Just in case it was a ghost, but I figured it was my upstairs neighbor and the noise carried oddly. A whole day later, I saw what it was. I had been keeping a pretty shaped empty bottle in my fridge because I was procrastinating where to make its home. When I needed that real estate for something else, I took the bottle out and put it on the floor next to the garbage. The air inside the bottle expanded as it warmed and pushed the cork with plastic top completely out. Voila! Ghost mystery solved.

I liked this. When asked why he had so many conservative radio jocks on his show, Anthony Bourdain (again, I'm paraphrasing), replied, "If all I ever hung out with were people who agreed with me... That's the most boring thing I can think of."

In the news. A newsman gets beheaded by a fucking coward in a mask pretending to be Islamic. Don't use religion to justify your pathetic need to kill, you c***sucking, mothereffing, two-bit whore. (I save that particular epithet for special occasions.)

The teen birth rate has dropped "dramatically" in the last two decades. Most likely because teens finally figured out how to give... I think I've used up my quota for foul language for this post. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/08/21/sc...says.html?_r=0 - stories like this are why I take the whole ancestral eating thing (and other things) with a grain of salt. The better technology becomes, the more mistakes we find in our "scientific truths." Dinosaurs that don't look the way they did when I was a kid. Planets that aren't planets anymore. You can't live through that and just take science at its word. Or at least I can't. There's a nationwide recall on peanut and nut butters. Brands include MaraNatha, Trader Joe's, and Whole Foods 365 brand. Reason is possible salmonella. Follow this link: Ice Bucket Challenge reaches Bush, Clinton if you want to see shrub get a bucket of ice water dumped on his head.

Decreasing my alcohol intake is making me the world's cheapest date. Combined with less than stellar sleep, two double Bloody Marys and I'm out like a light. Though I have to admit that waking up next to a half eaten hamburger isn't as scary or interesting as waking up in a hotel next to a buzz sawing snoring man. I promise that one day, I'll be brave enough to tell what I remember of that debauched birthday celebration.

The gallery:

I fail to see anything wrong with this.

This is an abomination.

This is a wedding cake.
            Who says romance is dead?

Peace, love, and cheap dates,
            J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              I read once that during the discussion of his sexual escapades before he settled down with Maria Schriver, he told her something like, "Yes, but you're my first Democrat."
              LOL That doesn't surprise me in the least. It would make me very sad if he was an a-hole in real life. He seems like a cool guy to drink a beer with.

Comment

• beheadings.... at two bits, you are overpricing those sumbitches.....

yeah.. nothin wrong with mack and cheese burger..... and rotini and sliced cheese truly is an abomination...

whats wrong with moaning bimbos????

sick cake.... must have been a muslim wedding cake....

Comment

Indeed.

Later followed up with something like, "Do you remember how I said I would kill you last? I lied."
                  Thought so, classic film, ta for the confirmation!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  beheadings.... at two bits, you are overpricing those sumbitches.....
                  The US and UK have said they don't want to put no troops on the ground in Iraq, if you believe that, what those gutless fuckpigs done is really gonna put that off!

yeah.. nothin wrong with mack and cheese burger..... and rotini and sliced cheese truly is an abomination...
                  I've never had mack and cheese (obviously) and looking at that mess I'm thankful for that....

I don't get enough of um....

Can't be, you can see the womans face....

Comment

LOL That doesn't surprise me in the least. It would make me very sad if he was an a-hole in real life. He seems like a cool guy to drink a beer with.
                    +1

beheadings.... at two bits, you are overpricing those sumbitches.....

While I applaud the originality of some weddings, I have to wonder how they'll feel in 20+ years when they're showing their kids the wedding pics.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    Thought so, classic film, ta for the confirmation!

The US and UK have said they don't want to put no troops on the ground in Iraq, if you believe that, what those gutless fuckpigs done is really gonna put that off!

I've never had mack and cheese (obviously) and looking at that mess I'm thankful for that....

I don't get enough of um....

Can't be, you can see the womans face....
                    Are you celiac? I didn't know that.

And I'm guessing you get more ass than a toilet seat.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Thursday, August 21, 2014

Touch DNA has made committing a crime more difficult.

From here: Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When the U.S. Attorney decides to indict someone under RICO, he or she has the option of seeking a pre-trial restraining order or injunction to temporarily seize a defendant's assets and prevent the transfer of potentially forfeitable property, as well as require the defendant to put up a performance bond. This provision was placed in the law because the owners of Mafia-related shell corporations often absconded with the assets. An injunction and/or performance bond ensures that there is something to seize in the event of a guilty verdict.
                      I've never understood how this could stand up under a scrutiny of civil rights. The IRS is corrupt enough, and I remember when my dad's money was frozen (we were so not connected - like totally laughably not connected because my father was mentally ill and couldn't be trusted to keep his mouth shut not connected) by them - he freaked. Then he drummed it into my head to keep a good portion of my money in a place the govt couldn't reach. But freezing someone's assets before they're proven guilty seems wrong morally. Funny how this was passed specifically to combat The Mafia cue scary music, but can easily be abused. This law was created because the government couldn't prove some people guilty without destroying their civil rights. And because, well, hating Italians in that era was just something the government just did. Because the only things we do well are food and crime.

I feel like I've come full circle in life. Marching against the "war" in Vietnam (the " " because our government never had the balls or votes to declare war). Becoming political about BigFood. Becoming an accountant, which led to me becoming apolitical for many years. Hiding out as stay at home wife (I'm not saying that all stay at home wives are hiding out, just that I did), which also kept me apolitical. Finding the politics in food and drugs again. And now just effing pissed off at my govt, which in my opinion, is no better than organized crime ever was. They kill, they lie, they extort money, they're bought off with money, and their power lies in the use of guns against anyone they can't control - sounds like organized crime to me.

If I'll have any regrets when I die, it will be that I never lived to see a just and uncorrupt United States of America. And that makes me sadder than I can convey with words.

Ack on all the heavy. (She ain't heavy, she's my brother...) My scale hit 150 after all the beer I drank on vacation - that's heavy. Oregon, by the way, is a beer drinker's paradise. It's down back to my acceptable 138, so I figure I could fairly easily be carried out of a burning building. Yep, that's the criteria. Y'all can use BMI, clothing size, etc., but me? I just want to be carried to safety if a beam or something knocks me out.

I'm down to my last half-pound of Kerrygold butter. Must. go. to. Costco. Aside from the fact that it's really delicious, they only had salted when I went. But, you know what? It's so lightly salted that it's been fine to use in my morning coffee. Slurp. :::scampers off to make a mug of espresso with butter:::

I need a new refrigerator. I told my landlord on July 29th. He came to my door yesterday to tell me that it would be arriving next Tuesday. And in that sweetly sarcastic way I have when dealing with pricks, I said, "Yay! It must be a Bosch! Because almost a month must mean it's coming from Germany." He laughed and then asked me for my rent, which had been due on the first. I smiled and asked him to show me the receipt showing my fridge was coming. He did and it showed delivery to my apt next Tuesday. I paid.

California landscape rising due to loss of groundwater, GPS records show | Science Recorder - by about 15 mm.

Do You Need Less Sleep When You're Old? | Care2 Healthy Living - Apparently seniors need as much sleep as we young'uns do. (I figure I'm a young'un in comparison to a centegenarian).

The gallery:

Hey Baby, wanna come back to my place and see my lard?

Peace, love, and crazy dogs,
                      J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I obviously need a beer or 6...... I can't think of any snappy comebacks for your post today...... fargin low blood alcohol level alarm keeps ringing in my head blocking my witty reparte`....

Comment

• Still laughing..... BANG!!!!
                          Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            I obviously need a beer or 6...... I can't think of any snappy comebacks for your post today...... fargin low blood alcohol level alarm keeps ringing in my head blocking my witty reparte`....
                            LOL, Doc. You always make me smile. I know what you mean, though. I like to write and write while under the influence, then edit while sober. Just in case I've included my home address or something else not for public consumption. This has often been the case. As far back as my senior year in high school. I took a creative writing class where the whole grade depended on the last writing assignment. I dropped acid and wrote all night long. And got an A.

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                            Still laughing..... BANG!!!!
                            I love that I can bring a laugh into your life. And I love that others can put their pics on the web so I can get a laugh.

Sadly, Grumpy Cat doesn't agree:

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Friday, August 22, 2014 (posted late)

If you ever wanted to see someone eat a beating snake heart, you can watch it in an episode of A Cook's Tour here: Watch A Cook's Tour Online - Cobra Heart-Food That Makes You Manly | Hulu - It's Anthony Bourdain, so you know, there's some weirdness and language.

Watching these 2002 episodes, I'm struck by how even I, a food lightweight, have changed my tune on offal. But it's funny to see Bourdain reacting like he's some sort of heavy revvy because he's eating liver, heart, cheeks, etc., a mere 12 years ago. My dad ate calf brains, so while I've never indulged, seeing a brain or two in the freezer was fairly commonplace. My parents ate liver and onions, and when my teenage tastebuds caught up to them, I ate them also. Growing up in NY, with the influences of the fanfreakin'tastic Jewish delis, I'd had tongue sandwich and of course chopped chicken liver. And when I moved to SF, I happily gobbled up the Mexican and Asian-influenced foods, and never once referred to sushi as bait. Though I consider myself a food lightweight, I know there are others even more so. I had a friend who told me that growing up in Missouri, his exposure to fish was square shaped fish. He wanted to expand his experience.

Now if only the trendy set would find something to replace nose-to-tail so offal would get cheap again.

I don't know how people adapt. Summer in the South makes me feel like my get-up-and-go got up and went. I feel like I'm underwater half the time. Everything is sluggish. My kitchen looks like who did it and ran. My brain feels dark and gloomy. I go to lift heavy things and all I want is to put them down. But worst is that my daily walk isn't done with a sense of joy. It's drudgery. Overcome adversity. I have. I gloomily sit indoors with air conditioning, gobbling VitD like it's candy in an effort to overcome this sense of lethargy. And wait like an impatient child for September and some weather not meant for a sauna. It doesn't help at all that we're experiencing our second bout of fruitflies. I spray, and a bunch drop dead, only to be replaced by their numerous cousins, who perhaps are coming around because Raid gets them high.

Tonight's supper. Just a throw together a meatball thing. A pound of ground pork. Five ounces of ground beef that I needed to use. One egg. One tablespoon of potato flour. Curry powder and ground ginger, s&p. One tablespoon each of pineapple and raspberry pepper jelly. Makes 14 meatballs. Baked at 400F for 25 minutes. If you like rare meats, you could probably make this in less time. I beat everything except the meat together with a hand mixer. Then I added the meat and squished it together with my hands, trying not to take too long and heat up the meat. I was going to fry these in a pan, but decided to bake them instead. They were lovely, though if you needed them to stand up in a sauce, another tablespoon or two of potato flour and/or another egg might be better.. I was going to make a sauce. I was going to make rice. I tasted one and made neither. I know - I'm the goofball that eats meat with nothing on the side, but there you have it. And lastly, I was only going to eat half of them (with sauce and rice). But, because they were so good, I ate them all. It took me all night, but eat them I did. Another low carb day with an abundance of calories. Sigh. Still, no need to drink a protein shake today.

Tomorrow is:

The gallery:

Albino gorillas are kind of cool.

I dated this guy a couple of times. It didn't work out.

Peace, love, and killer kitties,
                              J
                              Last edited by JoanieL; 08-24-2014, 01:33 AM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Greetings from the Land of Big Earthquakes. This mornings quake got my heart racing but others than that, all is good for us. Napa had a lot of damage though. Earthquakes are scary because you don't know they are ever going to stop. I am certain this one lasted a good 10 minutes.

Hope all is well for everyone!

And one thing I have learned from Joanie's pictures is that cats are weird, weird beings.

Comment

Working...
                                X