B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
    He grows fruit and veggies, raises and butchers animals AND makes alcohol, I think I'll keep him, seeing how resourceful he is!
    Blimey, I wouldn't mind a husband like that he sounds that good, not that I'm that way inclined of course....

Regarding the weather, we caught the ass end of a downgraded hurricane Bertha yesterday, fair to say it was that wet yesterday morning I saw a trout wearing a bathing costume....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL;1524431[URL=http://s64.photobucket.com/user/ladytrue_99/media/fire001_zps794bf309.png.html
      [/URL]
      How wasted do you have to be to do this?
      I only ask because it's never happened to me.
      Ah so that's what happened to the oven in my barracks!! I cleaned it up (on Christmas!) and the bastards didn't even share!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Dogs iz smart!
        My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Blimey, I wouldn't mind a husband like that he sounds that good, not that I'm that way inclined of course....

Regarding the weather, we caught the ass end of a downgraded hurricane Bertha yesterday, fair to say it was that wet yesterday morning I saw a trout wearing a bathing costume....
          LOL - I think I'd pay to see that.

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
          Ah so that's what happened to the oven in my barracks!! I cleaned it up (on Christmas!) and the bastards didn't even share!
          I hate when that happens.

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
          Dogs iz smart!
          They are indeed.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• O.K. - that bat was creepy, and NOT because of Ebola :P
            Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
              O.K. - that bat was creepy, and NOT because of Ebola :P
              I'm cracking up because I haven't been able to figure out whether that baby bat is cute or disgusting either. LOL
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                O.K. - that bat was creepy, and NOT because of Ebola :P
                I'm not scared of bats, but I'm scared of THAT bat.
                My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• I like bats. We had a proper biologist come to our woods last summer for a few nights in a row and put up mist nets to look for rare bat species. No rarities, just the Little Brown Bat. Seriously, that is its name. I once saved a bat from a mashing via basketball - some stupid pre-adolescent boys were playing bball at a summer camp I was a counselor for back when, and the critter decided to go for a daytime flight and landed in the middle of the court. Immediate cries of vampirism and all the predictable palaver. I put on some work gloves and scooped it up before it got an undeserved execution. Bat wings are the softest leather EVER.
                  I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                    I'm not scared of bats, but I'm scared of THAT bat.
                    Aww. It's just a wittle bitty baby. That will suck the blood out of you on a whim.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                    I like bats. We had a proper biologist come to our woods last summer for a few nights in a row and put up mist nets to look for rare bat species. No rarities, just the Little Brown Bat. Seriously, that is its name. I once saved a bat from a mashing via basketball - some stupid pre-adolescent boys were playing bball at a summer camp I was a counselor for back when, and the critter decided to go for a daytime flight and landed in the middle of the court. Immediate cries of vampirism and all the predictable palaver. I put on some work gloves and scooped it up before it got an undeserved execution. Bat wings are the softest leather EVER.
                    I won't regale you with my traumatic event regarding a bat (my mother inadvertently drowned one) because your story is awesome!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Monday, August 11, 2014

It's always kind of cool when weird fish come to shore: Rare Lancetfish Washes up on Shore in North Carolina | Z6Mag

Drinking Coffee May Reduce the Risk of Tinnitus | Z6Mag Which is cool, but I wish it talked about what it did for an existing mild case.

Has anyone been gazing at the Super Moon? 'Supermoon' 2014 Photos And Tweets (VIDEO, LIVE UPDATES)

A red tide larger than the state of RI is headed to the west coast of FL: Toxic algae bloom bigger than Rhode Island headed to Florida | Daily Digest News I was living in FL when a red tide occurred, and it's stinky.

When I watch Iron Chef America, I feel envy on two levels. The first, of course, is the level of skill of all the Iron Chefs and the competitors. But, I have to say, I'm positively green with envy at the pantry items. OMG. If only I could pour a half gallon of EVOO or put a pound or two of duck fat into a pot simply to create a confit, I would think I'd died and gone to heaven. And those truffles! On my bucket list: eat one meal prepared by Chef Symon, and one prepared by Chef Morimoto. Not that the other Iron Chefs aren't worthy of a place on anyone's bucket list, but those two, for me, are truly a joy to watch.

As a note, I've done confit duck legs/thighs, but they come with their own fat, so you don't have to dip into your bank account and buy duck fat. I think for the next eating holiday, I'm going to splurge and make salmon poached in butter.

OMG, right after I wrote that, Hulu made available the 2011 episode where the secret ingredient was caviar. Green, I'm positively green.

That said, sometimes simple is very good, especially if the ingredients are good. I'm doing a very simple supper tonight. Ingredients: chicken thighs, butter, a whole head of garlic, and some white rice. Seasonings: a little s&p. Mostly cook the thighs in the pressure cooker. Remove the skin for chicken chips later. Remove the bones. Squash/mince the garlic. Put it in a pan with some butter. When you can smell the garlic, add more butter and the deboned/skinned thighs. Cook on med low, stirring or turning over the thighs until everything is a buttery, delicious goodness and the thighs are cooked through. S&P to taste. Serve over your personal portion of white rice. For me, a quarter cup cooked to three-quarters cup is enough, but I'm old and slothful. For this dish, the chicken and garlic are from Louisiana small farms, the butter is Kerrygold, and the rice is just store-bought. Depending on how much butter you use, this can be very calorically dense, so though it's freakin' delicious, you might not want to eat it too often.

Hypochondria. Damn, this board... Considering that the board is populated with many people young enough to be in stellar health, I can't believe the number of ailments from mild changes in diet. "Low carb makes me constipated/have the shitz/unable to sleep/whatever." "Sugar makes me binge." "I don't feel good unless I eat a bushel of fruit a day." Honest to freakin' goddess, go out and play, wouldja? I'm at that age where one would expect that when I sit with contemporaries, all we can talk about is our joint replacement surgeries and our meds. But seriously, I don't know many oldies like that. Yes, the joint replacements have happened, especially to people who bought into the whole 80s thing of running 'til you puked for health. But seriously, among my "old" friends, you have to get to the 80 year old author before you find people on lots of meds. (As a note, RR, this isn't directed at you because you're sane and I love you.)

Andrew Zimmern in Maine upon eating beaver chili for the first time: "I don't understand why everyone isn't eating beaver." Dude.

Silly stuff:

Peace, love, and silly, pathetic kittehs,
                      J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Rest in Peace

Robin Williams apparently took his life today. I'm kind of crushed. I was fortunate enough to see him at some open mics in SF when Mork and Mindy was airing. He was truly amazing and so full of the energy we all came to love. He would jump off the stage and run around the audience. You could drive a busload of politicians off a cliff (a good start) and I wouldn't feel the sadness that I feel at this one comic's passing.

I hope you have found peace, dear man. You brought me hours and hours of laughs, and for that, I am truly grateful.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I was listening to a tribute to Robin Williams today on the Comedy channel on the way to work... thinking WTF? I had not heard.... sad day... funny, funny man.....

Comment

• that genuinely hurts, i've loved that guy since i was a kid
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• Robin Williams - me, too. SNIFFFFFFFFFFFFF! Oh, my, God - golf!

Supermoon - here it rained all day and then added thunder at dusk and just now stopped. No moon. Boo.

Eating beaver - I read somewhere that the paddles were the best part, honest.

Iron Chef - DEFINITELY KITCHEN ENVY!!! I want to see the one where Paula Deen whoops Robert Irvine's muscular butt with SUGAR.
                              Last edited by Crabbcakes; 08-11-2014, 11:09 PM.
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• RIP Robin..hope you're in a better place.
                                I think I wasn't a pressure cooker.
                                Damn auto correct.. I want a PC.
                                Bats dive bomb me nearly every night I go swimming.
                                Scares the bejesus out of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X