B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My friend made this...

Also, I was thinking this morning that a lot of us here would agree with these lyrics
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
      A six footed pig? Are you sure you wanna eat that? Just kidding, sounds like a bonanza

Hopefully a longer line/lead will be the ticket. I remember having to replace a few wondering leads on pacemakers and implanted defibrillators in patients. It always suprised me to see the places that they ended up in the body. Glad to hear the swelling has subsided.
      Reminds me of this:

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      My friend made this...

Also, I was thinking this morning that a lot of us here would agree with these lyrics
      Girl crush! Look at those shoulders! Lest you think I'm shallow, I do like her music.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Reminds me of this:

reminds me of John Maddens Thanksgining Day Turkey.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          reminds me of John Maddens Thanksgining Day Turkey.....
          I'd eat turkey with him. He looks like a jolly sort who knows something about food.
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• My drive by post for today:

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Yuck!
              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                Yuck!
                That rhymes with my first reaction.

B*tch-lite

Comment

That was mine too!

Speaking of yucky weather type stuff we are having fires just north of us, so the air has been on and off nasty. Today hasn't been too bad but yesterday it reached the *Unhealthy* category. We stayed in with all the windows closed, fortunately it hasn't been too hot. They've just issued another warning for dry lightning for Sunday/Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get another fire.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• That is serious air conditioning weather!

Now, a 6-legged turducken, that would be something.
                    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

That was mine too!

Speaking of yucky weather type stuff we are having fires just north of us, so the air has been on and off nasty. Today hasn't been too bad but yesterday it reached the *Unhealthy* category. We stayed in with all the windows closed, fortunately it hasn't been too hot. They've just issued another warning for dry lightning for Sunday/Monday. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we don't get another fire.
                      Ack, that's awful. Does your son have to stay in when it's like that?

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
                      That is serious air conditioning weather!

Now, a 6-legged turducken, that would be something.
                      It would totally be a cool presentation.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• My son has been staying inside when the air gets into the *unhealthy* range. Fortunately yesterday evening it cleared and he was able to go out with his friends.

Here's a story you may appreciate, August is a very lean month for us so Hubby and I have decided not to a buy any alcohol, meaning wine and gin, we are only spending $$$ on essentials. It's been okay but today I thought it sure would be nice to have a little pick me up, a restorative beverage as a character in novel often said. Clever Hubby went out to the garage to see what he could find, lo and behold he found quite a few bottles of mead he made years ago. I had forgotten all about them, last we tasted it I wasn't that impressed. This time he had the brilliant idea to mix it with seltzer water, now it's quite palatable!

He grows fruit and veggies, raises and butchers animals AND makes alcohol, I think I'll keep him, seeing how resourceful he is!

Comment

My son has been staying inside when the air gets into the *unhealthy* range. Fortunately yesterday evening it cleared and he was able to go out with his friends.

Here's a story you may appreciate, August is a very lean month for us so Hubby and I have decided not to a buy any alcohol, meaning wine and gin, we are only spending $$$ on essentials. It's been okay but today I thought it sure would be nice to have a little pick me up, a restorative beverage as a character in novel often said. Clever Hubby went out to the garage to see what he could find, lo and behold he found quite a few bottles of mead he made years ago. I had forgotten all about them, last we tasted it I wasn't that impressed. This time he had the brilliant idea to mix it with seltzer water, now it's quite palatable!

He grows fruit and veggies, raises and butchers animals AND makes alcohol, I think I'll keep him, seeing how resourceful he is!
                          Best "found object" ever!

(And yes, your hubby is definitely a keeper!)

Very glad your son got to go out.

B*tch-lite

Comment

We think a lot alike.... My sister from another mister.... Or sumthin like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              We think a lot alike.... My sister from another mister.... Or sumthin like that.
                              Sounds good to me. I would love to have some siblings.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• The weekend.

Friday, August 08, 2014 through Sunday, August 10, 2014

Things to do in retirement: drive around the country following Guy Fieri's recommendations.

I knew about deep fried pork chops from a friend, but today I saw pork chops stuffed with a ground pork mixture of various spices and green onion. Cooked for about a total of an hour and a half in a smoker. I'd surely eat that. And get one to go.

I just watched an old Man vs Food, and Adam Richman ate a grilled cheese sandwich that had three and a half pounds of cheese (13 varieties) and a side of coleslaw and french fries. Total weight of meal: five pounds. Blurgh. I don't think I could do it. However, I bet if I deprived myself of cheese for a long time, I could put a bigger dent in that sandwich than most women. LOL. The killer thing in that challenge to me is the huge amount of fries. I'd have to dip them in mustard and swallow them whole... I think I just grossed myself out.

You know you're getting old when you can remember things from grade school, but you have a mental block about one of your neighbor's names. Sheesh. Making sure I remembered all seven continents, I jotted them down just to see - this was triggered by the fact in Thursday's post that Ebola had reached four continents. But damn if I can remember the name of the tenant in apt #2, even though we actually hug if we haven't seen each other in awhile.

There may come a time when your parent becomes the child. I have no wisdom about how to handle this because I think I did it wrong.

The weather cooled off. We had a not altogether long rainstorm, but it was enough to keep the temps from hitting 90. Halle-freakin'-lujah. I took a nice walk. Sadly, I forgot that it was Sunday, so my original destination was the cemetery where I thought I'd find a nice grave to sit on and read and maybe sip some adult lemonade. But the day was nice enough that when I found the cemetery closed, I just kept walking.

Here's a thing. I used to be a follower of Muscle & Fitness, and I spent a decent amount of time lifting, though I used more machines than free weights. Back when I was doing this, there were few women in most weight lifting facilities, and though the men were gallant about providing a spot, I was self-conscious about asking. A few years after Cory Everson stopped competing, she was on a talk show (I don't remember which). Though she wasn't as cut as when she was competing, she was certainly as bulked. The host asked her why, if we were taught that as little as six weeks away would cause us to "shrink," she still looked bulked. She said that she didn't know and that it surprised her also. So for the few who read this, I don't think that a period of low protein or low intensity workouts will cause you to shrink.

My theory. The body is a system. Systems, like just about everything from one-celled organisms to populations, have one over-riding imperative - to continue to exist. Once your body becomes a given system, it will do just about all it can to continue being that system. Sort of a homeostasis kind of thing. This is why fat people have trouble getting thin, why skinny people have trouble bulking up, and why people like Cory, who'd given a good period of her life to competitive body building, don't turn into 98 pound weaklings when they stop training for competition and go back to "normal" exercising and eating. As a note, she didn't flip her life to eating McD's, sugar soda, and sitting on the couch all day - but she only trained three days a week like we were taught back then.

Amazon and Disney are having a pissing fight. It's so cute when big corporations squabble. I know you are but what am I? Ebola is continuing to be in the headlines with 1800 cases reported in Africa. Damn those fruitbats.

Oh, before I forget. Stonehenge was the correct answer on that mystery bacon thing a few days back. But what I thought were hot dogs were Twinkies. I found the explanation when I was improving my mind doing a search of funny and weird food. Oh, and if you ever want to amuse yourself for a half hour or so, search "bizarre" or "disastrous" wedding cakes.

For shitz and giggles:

He may look cute, but... EBOLA!

How wasted do you have to be to do this?
                                I only ask because it's never happened to me.

The man of my dreams has this tattooed on his butt.

Words to live by.

Peace, love, and the temps just dropped below 80,
                                J

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X