B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
    Asswaffle: an individual (or organization) who expresses multiple contradictory idiotic opinions or who makes multiple contradictory idiotic decisions.

Example: any government representative seeking re-election.
    Another example: the U.S. government.

Or, the act of behaving like an asswaffle.
    Goldie for the win!

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    *hugs* You are a brave and strong lady, yes you are.
    Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
    Vh that sounds so scary, I'm glad it was caught in time. Sending you big hugs and positive thoughts!
    Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    Hubby is a stellar guy! (I too am an ex-Navy Corpsman....) when my wife came home from her gallbladder/spleen fiasco a couple of years ago, I did all of her home health care... dressing changes, injections etc.... before they sent her home I had to do a dressing change in the hospital in front of her nurse... cuz they wouldn't take my word for it....

Sorry you are having issues with your PIC line..... positive thoughts your way...
    Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    +1 and some, best wishes V, hope it all comes good.

I take it after an example of your skills they were persuaed then, sceptics gotta love them?!
    Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
    Positive energy coming your way, V. You'll be on the mend soon, I'm sure of it.
    Ditto-ing what everyone else said. *hugses*
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Huge hugs and lots of hope your way V!

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Tuesday, August 05, 2014 (yesterday)

I'm sitting here laughing at myself. Usually, the storms gently roll in, getting louder and louder. This one came out of nowhere with a huge BOOM! No joke, I literally had to get up and go pee. Which is better than just peeing my pants. Who says I can't find silver linings?

Stereotypes. I've never been offended at the portrayal of Italian-Americans as gangsters/Mafia, even though I think it's ludicrous to think we all either go into crime or the food business. The Godfather was a hell of a book, and the movies were pretty good also. The Sopranos was just great TV. But this new sterotype of the Guido repulses me to no end. I know America has fallen in love with the idiots of reality TV, but puhleez! These "Guidos" barely have the brains to clean out the toilets at the social clubs. Oh yeah, My Cousin Vinny was a hoot also.

Definition of ass waffle. I think Goldie nailed it. No need for improvement.

This zoo will let the animals run free while enclosing the humans: Denmark's cage-free zoo will put humans in captivity | Art and design | theguardian.com

Macros for the last two days. Monday: P: 39.1%, C: 28.8, F: 32.1% (more phd than lower carb, but okay). Tuesday: P: 35%, C: 13.3%, F: 51.7%.

Continuing to wallow in the sewers, the fed'l govt has made it harder to find out if any given hospital is making a lot of mistakes: Feds stop public disclosure of many serious hospital errors | Detroit Free Press | freep.com Not that I'm surprised, just continually nauseated at the depths to which our "representatives" can sink. *spit*

A new dinosaur was discovered in the northern part of South America: BBC News - Scientists hail dinosaur discovery. There's enough Ebola news to be worrisome. Reserachers (again, with the grant money) have discovered that across the board, narcissists will admit to being narcissists. Oy. Low dose aspiring taken daily from age 50-64 seems to be effective in lessening the incidence of major cancers of the digestive tract: Popping an aspirin everyday for 10 years can reduce cancer cases: Study - The Times of India.

Silly stuff:

Yeah, what's with that?

Not a fail, I just found it amusing to make the National Bird into candy.

Peace, love, and summer storms,
        J
        Last edited by JoanieL; 08-06-2014, 07:41 AM.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Speaking of storms, we had a tropical roll through yesterday so all day it was twenty minutes of sun, ten minutes of thunder, lightning, and pouring rain, back to sun, repeat. Kinda awesome really.

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            Speaking of storms, we had a tropical roll through yesterday so all day it was twenty minutes of sun, ten minutes of thunder, lightning, and pouring rain, back to sun, repeat. Kinda awesome really.
            I do love them. So much so that when I do those "T" things where you put "pro" and "con" on either side, thunderstorms go in the pro column for this neck of the woods.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              I do love them. So much so that when I do those "T" things where you put "pro" and "con" on either side, thunderstorms go in the pro column for this neck of the woods.
              Oh most assuredly.

Comment

• Wednesday, August 06, 2014

I'm going to post early today because I can tell from the way my eyes feel that I'll be going to sleep early. Only got about six hours sleep last night.

I like Mark's post today. First, I have to admit that the minutae of nutrition almost always puts me to sleep. Once you get smaller than macros, I'm a goner. Tell me things like, "VLC appears to be useful in treating some neurological problems like epilepsy," and I'm there. Same with, "sugar feeds cancer." Even anecdotal stuff like the nurse who's seeing improvement in her husband with Alzheimer's by giving him spoons of coconut oil is okay because it leads me to do some research of my own. I'm even down with the whole fasting-autophagy thing. But start talking about o3 : o6 ratios, or about how o6 should just be avoided, and it's not that I don't think these things should be examined, I just don't care to examine them for me.

I was surprised to read that some paleo folks avoid avocados. Yikes, really?! I'm eating those babies when they're in season, fersure. As an example of how old I am, I remember in a land far, far away (San Francisco's Mission District, before the gangs and subsequent gentrification) being able to find avocados in season for as low as five for a dollar. A friend and I used to do chip and guac dinners. Not every night, but certainly often enough that we called them by name. Now they can go as high as $2.50 each, and I've seen organic one's at Whole Paycheck for $4.00! It's a good thing they don't have sharp edges, because I would tell a merchant where he could stick his $4 avocado.

Anyway, avoiding food that comes from an animal or grows out the ground (with a couple of exceptions like grains and legumes), but then worrying about what supplements to take, or what hack to do to lose five pounds kind of makes my ass hurt.

Beyond the bitching. Pigs' feet. I've read a couple of recipes, and I'm finally in the mood to experiment. Here's how I'll proceed: I'm letting them soak in water for awhile. Then I'll boil them for about three to five minutes, and then clean them very well (almost all the recipes start with a variation of this). Then I'll pressure cook them for 45 minutes (more if they're not tender when I touch them). I'm going to make a thick sauce of tomato paste, onions, garlic, curry powder, ground ginger, some coconut aminos, a teensy bit of cayenne, and if necessary, a couple of drops of stevia (or pepper jelly) at the end. When it's 10 minutes or so from being thick enough, I'll add the trotters to it, cover it, and let it simmer down, turning the trotters occasionally, so they get completely covered.

Back up plan: Should that come out totally disgusting, I'll make a veggie and rice stir fry with the half can of tuna in the fridge, and drink a couple of protein shakes.

I read a headline today: "Double Trouble: Hawaii Braces for Hurricanes Iselle and Julio," and my brain read, "Hawaii Braces for Hurricane Jello." Okay, so maybe all those hallucinogens weren't a great idea way back when. Becky Hammon becomes the first woman full-time assistant coach in the NBA (Spurs). The Penn Museum found a 6500 year old skeleton in the basement. Talk about needing to declutter occasionally.

This isn't drop dead exciting, but if you have five minutes, there are a few minutes of shark activity that are pretty awesome: Watch: SharkCam Shows Great White Attack in “Spectacular” Detail – News Watch

The Gallery:

Beautiful

A lovely presentation for a family picnic.

Peace, love, and mutilated Barbies,
                J
                Last edited by JoanieL; 08-06-2014, 04:41 PM. Reason: clarification

B*tch-lite

Comment

• The first two are the best! I think I do some of my best experimental baking & cooking after a few glasses of wine or moonshine, IMHO, of course.
                  I think I'll have to make those bacon/egg cups very soon
                  Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Avoid avocados? That's crazy talk. I have a half of one every morning with Paul Newman pineapple salsa, eggs & bacon, delish..
                    Can't wait to hear how your trotters turn out.. You're a brave woman.
                    Good video on sharks! damn, they're quick.. reminded me of how terrifying Jaws was back in the 70's.

Comment

• Must admit, got put off pigs feet whilst in France once, they came par boiled, and were a bit too gristly for me, the steak tartare was tidy though!

I'm the same with 03 - 06 ratios, I eats plenty of eggs and don't worry about it....

That shark footage was a bit savage and they bacon wrapped eggs bist genius...

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                        The first two are the best! I think I do some of my best experimental baking & cooking after a few glasses of wine or moonshine, IMHO, of course.
                        I think I'll have to make those bacon/egg cups very soon
                        CUI = Cooking Under the Influence. I have to admit that I also indulge in this. The next-morning reactions range from, "That was awesome," to "What the hell was I thinking?"

Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                        Avoid avocados? That's crazy talk. I have a half of one every morning with Paul Newman pineapple salsa, eggs & bacon, delish..
                        Can't wait to hear how your trotters turn out.. You're a brave woman.
                        Good video on sharks! damn, they're quick.. reminded me of how terrifying Jaws was back in the 70's.
                        That's an awesome meal. I also love them cubed in scrambled eggs with a little sour cream smeared over the top. Okay, now I want an avocado. And eggs. And sour cream. I swear, no matter how hard I try to relearn it, my brain wants me to eat 24/7.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        Must admit, got put off pigs feet whilst in France once, they came par boiled, and were a bit too gristly for me, the steak tartare was tidy though!

I'm the same with 03 - 06 ratios, I eats plenty of eggs and don't worry about it....

That shark footage was a bit savage and they bacon wrapped eggs bist genius...
                        My prior experience with pigs feet was pickled. Blech - like eating a vinegary tasting piece of rubber.

The sound of the sharks biting that camera totally freaked me out.

Steak tartare is lovely. My mom used to (gently) slap my hand away from the raw hamburger when she was cooking because I would eat it before she cooked it.

And, as a note: The trotters came out awesome. Since I got such a good night's sleep, I already have today's entry written, so I'll post it next with the results.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• I ate pigs' feet!

Thursday, August 07, 2014

I'm writing this yesterday.

I'm not particularly nosy when it comes to my neighbors. I'd say on a scale of one to 10, where 10 is that asshole that's always got something to say about everyone, and one is someone who's taken a vow of silence, I'm about a two on the gossip scale. I wish I could say that this is because I'm a stellar, wonderful human being, but it's primarily because I don't give a shit what people do on a day to day basis. Most specifically if it's negative, which is what comprises 90% of all gossip in my experience.

But my upstairs neighbor has my curiosity aroused. She used to live up there with her boyfriend and his dog. She tossed him out awhile ago. What I can't figure out is why it sounds like she's always cleaning. The guy is gone. The dog is gone. Unless she poops on the floor in her sleep, I can't figure out what she's doing up there. My apt is just under 600 sq. ft. Plenty for me, though living in it with a guy and a dog would be a stretch. And hers is a little bit smaller than mine. For those of you who have mostly lived with others during your life, I can't stress enough how easy it is to keep a small apt for one person clean.

Now I'm a slob. I like things organized, but I can ignore a dirty kitchen floor until it's so disgusting that I walk out of my flip flops because they stick to it. So, figure, neat but anything outside of my immediate sight line is probably dirty. I have never, not once, had anyone say to me, "Oh your home is so clean you could eat off your floors." I even keep my ceiling fans going 24/7 in winter because they don't show the dirt when they're in motion. So, answer me this - what the hell is she cleaning up there?

It's 630pm and I'm drinking a mug of espresso. This will either do what I hope, which is to keep me awake late enough to not disrupt my sleep, or screw me over and keep me up 'til 2am and exacerbate tiredness from last night's short sleep. Either way, it probably explains why I wasted brain cells and time wondering about my neighbor's cleaning habits.

Now I'm writing today.

The Next Great Thing in Dieting! Pigs' feet. Holy crap. First, they are the fattiest, most gelatinous thing I've ever eaten - even more so than the chicken feet. Second, when treated to the thorough whoop ass of a pressure cooker, they come out soft and dreamy. Add a throw-together sauce as mentioned yesterday, and OMG. Except for the spiciness, it reminded me of my grandmother's tomato sauce - the kind where she cooked it for three days and the pork and beef got so very soft. The only down side is that I couldn't eat or drink another thing for the rest of the night, and so it ended up the only solid food I had. Which brought my calories way low, and resulted in my only getting 60 gms of protein because I couldn't even choke down a one-scoop protein shake to get those puppies up to 90 gms. I slept like a rock, and didn't wake up with the runs (something that occasionally happens if I eat a lot of fat or oil). Maybe pork fat really does rule.

My ratios for yesterday. P: 28.7%. C: 8.5%. F: 62.7%.

Around the world. Ebola outbreak has reached four continents. Geez, even boinking monkeys isn't safe (and fruit bats). Bank of America has agreed to pay a $16Billion settlement for selling "toxic" mortgage securities, and $1.9Billion for selling defective mortgage loans. Now that's a spanking. ($16Billion looks like this: $16,000,000,000.) Google is teaming up with Barnes & Noble to take on Amazon for the sale of retail books. Get thee into the sun, or at least chug down some VitD, as it looks like a deficiency could make you more prone to dementia in later life.

Time to move to Berkeley! Berkeley Dispensaries Required To Give Out Free Marijuana To Low-Income Patients - Diabetes Insider | Diabetes Insider

For shitz and giggles:

Googly eyes make all food look better.
                          (I've got to get me a pack.)

Peace, love, and anthropomorphic food,
                          J
                          Last edited by JoanieL; 08-07-2014, 07:22 AM.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• You are my hero! I have six trotters that came free with my pig that I have not made yet. I am going to get on that as soon as meat doesn't make me gag.

Swelling in my neck is down, which is good. I get to have X-rays done for the surgeon today and then we will schedule the surgery to either reposition things or replace it. The theory is that my severe coughing from my cold caused the line to move out of position. They are thinking of replacing it with longer lines. Hubby is still in charge of the shots but I might try again. I think he prefers another kind of poking...

Bacon with eyes is just wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                              You are my hero! I have six trotters that came free with my pig that I have not made yet. I am going to get on that as soon as meat doesn't make me gag.

Swelling in my neck is down, which is good. I get to have X-rays done for the surgeon today and then we will schedule the surgery to either reposition things or replace it. The theory is that my severe coughing from my cold caused the line to move out of position. They are thinking of replacing it with longer lines. Hubby is still in charge of the shots but I might try again. I think he prefers another kind of poking...

One pig; six trotters! Or as Charlotte would have spun, "Some pig!" I have whole pig envy.

Glad to hear the swelling is down. Nice to have a hubby who can hit his mark while poking.

The bacon with eyes reminds me of the sock puppets Alton Brown uses for yeast. Those little burpy guys crack me up every time. (It really doesn't take much to make me laugh.)

It's 90F out and humidity is 62%. I'm in the mood for chicken, but have none in house. I shall brave the heat to hunt for fowl! (I.e., get my lazy ass out into the heat and to a local store for some chicken thighs.)

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                                You are my hero! I have six trotters that came free with my pig that I have not made yet. I am going to get on that as soon as meat doesn't make me gag.

A six footed pig? Are you sure you wanna eat that? Just kidding, sounds like a bonanza

Hopefully a longer line/lead will be the ticket. I remember having to replace a few wondering leads on pacemakers and implanted defibrillators in patients. It always suprised me to see the places that they ended up in the body. Glad to hear the swelling has subsided.
                                Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Working...
                                X