No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re purple hair highlights. Please, do a full head. Random purple (or red) stripes are a very popular look among a certain demographic of greying ladies here in Melbs and I totally support their right to get their freaky streaks on, but part of me weeps and wonders won't someone please have the courage of their purple convictions?

Which reminds me of this...

I shall wear purple
    When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
    With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
    And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
    And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
    I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
    And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
    And run my stick along the public railings
    And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
    I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
    And pick flowers in other people's gardens
    And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
    And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
    Or only bread and pickle for a week
    And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
    And pay our rent and not swear in the street
    And set a good example for the children.
    We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
    So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
    When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
    Jenny Joseph
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• This quote caught my eye regarding that low carb wiki entry;
      A living example that a ketogenic diet can indeed be combined with outstanding achievements in physical exercise is the Olympic biathlon gold medalist Björn Ferry, who won his gold medal after about six months on a low-carbohydrate, high-fat diet
      Probably one of the most demading sports going, while on low carb, makes a staement to me, and I'd imagine our goverments policy on it is much the same, i.e full of shite!

How would one describe an ass waffle, might be worth making an entry in the urban dictionary....

Its got to be time for this years Darwins, there always worth a chuckle....

Comment

• I have to agree that the asswaffles still made sense to me!

And thanks for the puppy redemption. I think ima go die of all the diabetes I caught from you and blood orchid's adorable animal pictures.

Actually ima make breakky because I'm friggen starving.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          Re purple hair highlights. Please, do a full head. Random purple (or red) stripes are a very popular look among a certain demographic of greying ladies here in Melbs and I totally support their right to get their freaky streaks on, but part of me weeps and wonders won't someone please have the courage of their purple convictions?

Which reminds me of this...

I shall wear purple
          When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
          With a red hat which doesn't go, and doesn't suit me.
          And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
          And satin sandals, and say we've no money for butter.
          I shall sit down on the pavement when I'm tired
          And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
          And run my stick along the public railings
          And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
          I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
          And pick flowers in other people's gardens
          And learn to spit.

You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
          And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
          Or only bread and pickle for a week
          And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.

But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
          And pay our rent and not swear in the street
          And set a good example for the children.
          We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.

But maybe I ought to practice a little now?
          So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
          When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple.
          Jenny Joseph
          I love that poem. I've been practicing for my dotage for a lot of years now. I don't know what color Val's hair is, but the one time I got streaks done as an adult, she bleached it almost white first so the color would show, and the fading drove me to distraction. I covered all my hair in black. My hair is naturally pretty dark brown.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          This quote caught my eye regarding that low carb wiki entry;

Probably one of the most demading sports going, while on low carb, makes a staement to me, and I'd imagine our goverments policy on it is much the same, i.e full of shite!

How would one describe an ass waffle, might be worth making an entry in the urban dictionary....

Its got to be time for this years Darwins, there always worth a chuckle....
          Love the Darwin awards. And that guy certainly should be in the running. I'll try to come up with a good concise definition of ass waffle (but I'd love to hear every one else's definitions - hint hint). Governments seem to be in very corrupt mode right now - the corporations have very much taken over the "free world."

Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
          I have to agree that the asswaffles still made sense to me!

And thanks for the puppy redemption. I think ima go die of all the diabetes I caught from you and blood orchid's adorable animal pictures.

Actually ima make breakky because I'm friggen starving.
          Would you like butter and fruit on your breakfast ass waffles? *chuckle*
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Dotage - I plan on getting arrested for something. Been thinking what. Came up with this: civil disobedience for some altruistic cause, probably environmental. If I goose cute young guys' buns or some such, I might get accused of dementia and/or sex crimes and have to defend myself from the state from having guardianship assigned over me or something like that, and that isn't the goal - simply getting arrested and seeing what that is like, is - not actually committing harmful crimes.
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
              Dotage - I plan on getting arrested for something. Been thinking what. Came up with this: civil disobedience for some altruistic cause, probably environmental. If I goose cute young guys' buns or some such, I might get accused of dementia and/or sex crimes and have to defend myself from the state from having guardianship assigned over me or something like that, and that isn't the goal - simply getting arrested and seeing what that is like, is - not actually committing harmful crimes.
              Great goal! You're not really an American 'til you've been arrested for civil disobedience! (Kidding.) From the perception of a Caucasian woman, getting arrested isn't that bad, really. Getting fingerprinted gave me the willies, but that was in the days before we lost all our privacy. I imagine that it's tougher for anyone who doesn't fit the physical norm, whatever that might be at any given time.

My mom could milk the dotage thing to the hilt. One time she was driving pretty fast and there was a portion of the road with a large enough dip that she actually left her seat for a second. She got pulled over:

Cop: Ma'am, do you know how fast you were going?
              Mom: No officer, but these roads are terrible. Back there, I almost hit my head on the roof of the car!
              Cop: (Rolling eyes, no doubt.) I'm only going to give you a written warning if you promise to stay under the speed limit.
              Mom: Yes, officer, I promise. (Laughing as she did 70 the rest of the way home.)
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Asswaffle: an individual (or organization) who expresses multiple contradictory idiotic opinions or who makes multiple contradictory idiotic decisions.

Example: any government representative seeking re-election.
                Another example: the U.S. government.

Or, the act of behaving like an asswaffle.
                Last edited by Goldie; 08-05-2014, 05:07 PM. Reason: Added stuff.

Comment

• That puppy sitting on the kitty reminded me of a reverse situation when I was a teenager. I had a mini Yorkie poo, Cleo, that weighed maybe four lbs. We also had this huge six toed barn cat that was just the sweetest thing and he had a crush on Cleo. They had so much fun playing together. He would sit on her just like the picture above. I always had to make sure he didn't smother her.

Had a really bad, scary, sucky day and could use some positive thoughts, prayers or whatever you believe in. Somehow one of the leads from my port (basically a permenant iv) that was threaded in an artery got twisted around and is pointing up instead of down. This caused a rather large blood clot to form in my jugular vein. I started an injectable blood thinner this afternoon. As soon as we get a handle on the clot, they need to go in and replace or reposition the line. This is not suppose to happen so they are trying to figure out what went wrong. It was positioned correctly when they put it in based on the X-rays. This means another surgery and chemo is on hold until we get it fixed. The pain and swelling in my neck should go down in the next day, which will be nice. Thank goodness I mentioned the pain to the radiologist that was doing my thyroid biopsy. He did the ultrasound that found the clot and called my oncologist.

I am suppose to be doing the injections but I discovered that I can't do it to myself. It is weird, I have stabbed others with no problem but Hubby had to do my first one. Good thing he is an ex Navy corpsman! One down and only 59 to go! Maybe it will get easier. The needle is much bigger than an epi-pen, which I thought this was like. I think it is just because I am tired of being poked, not that I am being a totally wuss.

Comment

• *hugs* You are a brave and strong lady, yes you are.
                    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Vh that sounds so scary, I'm glad it was caught in time. Sending you big hugs and positive thoughts!
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                        That puppy sitting on the kitty reminded me of a reverse situation when I was a teenager. I had a mini Yorkie poo, Cleo, that weighed maybe four lbs. We also had this huge six toed barn cat that was just the sweetest thing and he had a crush on Cleo. They had so much fun playing together. He would sit on her just like the picture above. I always had to make sure he didn't smother her.

Had a really bad, scary, sucky day and could use some positive thoughts, prayers or whatever you believe in. Somehow one of the leads from my port (basically a permenant iv) that was threaded in an artery got twisted around and is pointing up instead of down. This caused a rather large blood clot to form in my jugular vein. I started an injectable blood thinner this afternoon. As soon as we get a handle on the clot, they need to go in and replace or reposition the line. This is not suppose to happen so they are trying to figure out what went wrong. It was positioned correctly when they put it in based on the X-rays. This means another surgery and chemo is on hold until we get it fixed. The pain and swelling in my neck should go down in the next day, which will be nice. Thank goodness I mentioned the pain to the radiologist that was doing my thyroid biopsy. He did the ultrasound that found the clot and called my oncologist.

I am suppose to be doing the injections but I discovered that I can't do it to myself. It is weird, I have stabbed others with no problem but Hubby had to do my first one. Good thing he is an ex Navy corpsman! One down and only 59 to go! Maybe it will get easier. The needle is much bigger than an epi-pen, which I thought this was like. I think it is just because I am tired of being poked, not that I am being a totally wuss.
                        Hubby is a stellar guy! (I too am an ex-Navy Corpsman....) when my wife came home from her gallbladder/spleen fiasco a couple of years ago, I did all of her home health care... dressing changes, injections etc.... before they sent her home I had to do a dressing change in the hospital in front of her nurse... cuz they wouldn't take my word for it....

Sorry you are having issues with your PIC line..... positive thoughts your way...

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          *hugs* You are a brave and strong lady, yes you are.
                          +1 and some, best wishes V, hope it all comes good.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                          Hubby is a stellar guy! (I too am an ex-Navy Corpsman....) when my wife came home from her gallbladder/spleen fiasco a couple of years ago, I did all of her home health care... dressing changes, injections etc.... before they sent her home I had to do a dressing change in the hospital in front of her nurse... cuz they wouldn't take my word for it....

Sorry you are having issues with your PIC line..... positive thoughts your way...
                          I take it after an example of your skills they were persuaed then, sceptics gotta love them?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            +1 and some, best wishes V, hope it all comes good.

I take it after an example of your skills they were persuaed then, sceptics gotta love them?!
                            yeah, pretty much...

Comment

• Positive energy coming your way, V. You'll be on the mend soon, I'm sure of it.
                              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                                That puppy sitting on the kitty reminded me of a reverse situation when I was a teenager. I had a mini Yorkie poo, Cleo, that weighed maybe four lbs. We also had this huge six toed barn cat that was just the sweetest thing and he had a crush on Cleo. They had so much fun playing together. He would sit on her just like the picture above. I always had to make sure he didn't smother her.

Not a bit of the wuss in you at all. So sorry to hear you're having a rough time of it and that sounds scary as hell. As always, I keep you in the brightest spot in my heart.

B*tch-lite

Comment

Working...
                                X