B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    If you find out what normal is, let us know....

That cakes a winner....Umm, think I can give they corn dogs away and note to self *must watch more food network*....
    yup Giada has a great show...... and the foods not bad either....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      There's food on her show?

Sent via lightsaber

Comment

• I don't get why guys think she is so hot. She has a huge mouth. Of wait, maybe that is part of it.

I am not certain I trust a super thin chef.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          If you find out what normal is, let us know....

That cakes a winner....Umm, think I can give they corn dogs away and note to self *must watch more food network*....
          Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
          Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
          There's food on her show?

Sent via lightsaber
          Looks like Ms. De Laurentiis has her fans. If her press is to be believed, she did train classically in France, though I think there are other attributes that men like.

Originally posted by vh67 View Post
          I don't get why guys think she is so hot. She has a huge mouth. Of wait, maybe that is part of it.

I am not certain I trust a super thin chef.
          Good to see you up and about! How's the hip?

It's funny - I used to describe her as having two more teeth than the rest of us. I'm just envious though because I always wanted to be 5'2" or shorter and be 98 pounds soaking wet. I don't even need the bodacious ta-tas.

Her life seems so perfect - I figure there's got to be a skeleton somewhere. <-- more jealousy. It ain't easy being green. I'll just go off and blend in with some moss now...
          "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I am sure it is envy on my part, too. I enjoy her shows. My SIL is a wine maker at a large luxury winery and met Giada once. She said she was the sweetest person with a big laugh. SIL has been on a few of the Food Network shows. She also has done tasting with some of the more famous chefs and even some celebs. Her favorite was Kevin Costner. Pretty fun job but crazy hours, especially with an early harvest this year.

My hip is better. I still feel it and am careful not to make the sciatic god unhappy again. I am hopefully at the end of a cold that my loving hubby gave me. He always gets me something when he travels and this came from Los Angles!! An exotic strain. I did learn that when you are in a lot of pain, your white cell count goes up. Makes it more of challenge to figure if the pain was from the probe or an infection. If you are ever bored, I heard that there are videos showing bone marrow biopsies on the internet. They are fascinating, when being done on someone else!!

Round two of chemo starts next Tuesday and Wednesday. I know what to expect this time so I will be better prepared. After round three, they will do another PET scan and if it is working, we will continue with what we are doing. If not, we pull out the big guns, r-chop and I lose my hair. It has other side effects but mostly I worry about losing my hair. I can always get another heart. I have developed a new interest in scarves and hats. I may be vain but I am not a wig person.

I don't mean to make light of cancer or offend anyone but laughing at it makes it less scary, at least for me. I plan on making this lymphoma my b!tch since it is not curable and so slow growing I will be living with it for a very long time according to my doctor. Unless it mutates, then it might be curable, which just seems weird to me. Laughing at it has less side effects then the chemo. I now understand why chemo is not a recreational street drug but at least they send you home with some pretty fun drugs!

And Joanie, please don't ever be normal. Normal is so overrated! You are perfect just the way you are and far more interesting than the average sloth!

Comment

• Hey V! [big wave]

Keep laughing, it's important. If I hadn't laughed or found humor in my whole 'cancer process' I would've been crying and that wouldn't have done anybody any good.

I didn't lose my hair but I did get the chest I always wanted. The best part is that they should still be perky when I'm an 80 y/o **wink, wink**
              Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Oh, and Joanie, thanks for bringing on the pics. They seem to be a good daily chuckle

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  I'm sending any writing vibes I do have to badgergirl so that she may regale us with her tales.
                  Aw just added a new instalment just for you. Smooches.
                  I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by vh67 View Post
                    I am sure it is envy on my part, too. I enjoy her shows. My SIL is a wine maker at a large luxury winery and met Giada once. She said she was the sweetest person with a big laugh. SIL has been on a few of the Food Network shows. She also has done tasting with some of the more famous chefs and even some celebs. Her favorite was Kevin Costner. Pretty fun job but crazy hours, especially with an early harvest this year.

My hip is better. I still feel it and am careful not to make the sciatic god unhappy again. I am hopefully at the end of a cold that my loving hubby gave me. He always gets me something when he travels and this came from Los Angles!! An exotic strain. I did learn that when you are in a lot of pain, your white cell count goes up. Makes it more of challenge to figure if the pain was from the probe or an infection. If you are ever bored, I heard that there are videos showing bone marrow biopsies on the internet. They are fascinating, when being done on someone else!!

Round two of chemo starts next Tuesday and Wednesday. I know what to expect this time so I will be better prepared. After round three, they will do another PET scan and if it is working, we will continue with what we are doing. If not, we pull out the big guns, r-chop and I lose my hair. It has other side effects but mostly I worry about losing my hair. I can always get another heart. I have developed a new interest in scarves and hats. I may be vain but I am not a wig person.

I don't mean to make light of cancer or offend anyone but laughing at it makes it less scary, at least for me. I plan on making this lymphoma my b!tch since it is not curable and so slow growing I will be living with it for a very long time according to my doctor. Unless it mutates, then it might be curable, which just seems weird to me. Laughing at it has less side effects then the chemo. I now understand why chemo is not a recreational street drug but at least they send you home with some pretty fun drugs!

And Joanie, please don't ever be normal. Normal is so overrated! You are perfect just the way you are and far more interesting than the average sloth!
                    Keep your spirits high, V! But if you ever do need to let off some steam or scream at the fates, feel free to do it here or in my email.

I love scarves and hats! Sadly, hats don't like me much except for those little skull caps that look like one is going to commit a crime. Should it come to that, you could always get a couple of those cheap hooker wigs in bright pink or blue - think of it as a hat with hair.

I'm glad Giada's not a bitch. After the whole Paula Deen debacle, I'm not sure I could handle another Food Network shock. *chuckle* (Though I hear Flay is a bit full of himself.)

Thank you also for the kind words. I've tried normal. I tried especially hard in my thirties. It just doesn't work. Eventually, at the most inopportune time, I'll something that seems totally normal to me but based on the faces at the table, is totally not.

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                    Hey V! [big wave]

Keep laughing, it's important. If I hadn't laughed or found humor in my whole 'cancer process' I would've been crying and that wouldn't have done anybody any good.

I didn't lose my hair but I did get the chest I always wanted. The best part is that they should still be perky when I'm an 80 y/o **wink, wink**
                    I envy you your perkies.

Oh, and Joanie, thanks for bringing on the pics. They seem to be a good daily chuckle
                    My pleasure.

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                    Aw just added a new instalment just for you. Smooches.
                    Thank you, sweetheart. I now feel like I'm following a cool soap. And considering that I even like mediocre soap operas, you can bet I love good ones.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• July 25, 2014 (Friday)

Here's one of my favorite little Buddhist tales:
                      Once upon a time, there were two monks who went on a pilgrimage across the country together. One day, they came to a river bank and saw a beautiful girl who was unable to cross the river.

Seeing her difficulty, the elder monk volunteered to carry her across the river on his back while the younger one looked on in consternation.

When the sun went down, the monks came upon a dilapidated shack and decided to stay there for the night. The elder monk quickly fell asleep while the younger one twisted around, unable to calm his mind. Finally, he woke up the elder monk and reprimanded him for what happened during the day, "As monks, we are supposed to keep away from women. I am really ashamed and troubled by what you did today!"

The elder monk looked at his friend and a smile broke up on his face, "Oh, so that has been bothering you! Brother, I have left the girl behind by the river bank, why are you still carrying her around?"

Feathered Dinosaurs. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/29/sc...urs-.html?_r=0 - Cool.

Geckos Lost in Space! BBC News - Russia loses control of gecko sex experiment satellite

Instant Karma: Florida Man Run Over by Own Truck During Road Rage

A man in Florida apparently got a dose of road rage karma when police say he was run over by his own pickup truck after getting out to bang on another driver's window.

It happened Tuesday evening in Gainesville, Florida.

The Gainesville Sun (Man in road rage incident run over by own truck | Gainesville.com) reports 48-year-old Joseph Carl had been drinking and drove into a vehicle stopped at a red light. He got out of his truck without putting it in park and began banging on the window of a woman's car. When the frightened woman drove away, there was nothing holding his truck in place.
                      For your eyes only:

O M G!

Nothing like traumitizing your child for life.

Peace, love, and monkeycake,
                      J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Good luck on the treatment V! We are all cheering for you! Laughter is good medicine after all.

Comment

• What's not to love about babies with puppies. Too cute!

Comment

• Cheesus

That pic had me squealing and awww-ing.

July 26-28, 2014

I should clean my toilet today. Life hasn't turned out the way I'd planned. While I never really enivisioned myself in a McMansion with live-in help, I did think I'd have a weekly housekeeper, if only for the bathroom and anything requiring a ladder. I could still do it, but it seems excessive. Except I hate cleaning the bathroom. And it's a viscious cycle. I hate cleaning it, so I postpone it until I'd be embarrassed to have anyone go in there. Then of course it's a huge disgusting chore which makes me hate cleaning the bathroom. Under my high school yearbook pic was my caption of, "Everything seems to be circles." Rare insight from my self-absorbed, angst-filled, young self. haha.

My not so great butter debate. Specifically for coffee, and vs coconut oil.
                            • I like butter coffee better than coconut oil coffee. Life should be as pleasurable as one can make it.
                            • Coconut oil is supposedly magic, but I've never felt that it gave me more energy. I also never got any energy rushes from MCT oil.
                            • Coconut oil is much less expensive than butter.
                            • However, I don't use much of either in my coffee.
                            • When I use coconut oil, I use a teaspoon for 43 calories. When I use butter, I use half a tablespoon for 50 calories. I call this a wash.
                            • However, when I use coconut oil, I usually drink one mug/day with the occasional two mugs in a day. When I use butter, I usually drink two mugs/day, and often drink three. Is butter addictive?
                            • I use less Stevia in butter coffee. But the difference is between four drops and three drops. Not much in a day, but will it matter over time?
                            • Finally: If I actually had a life in summer, would I bother with this debate?

Conclusion: Life should be as pleasurable as one can make it.

There are 16 tablespoons in a half pound of butter. The most expensive butter I buy comes to about 11c/half tablespoon. So, not only should life be as pleasurable as one can make it, so no, if I actually had a life in summer, I probably wouldn't have bothered with this debate. Yeesh. If I'd have done this calculation before my not so great debate, there wouldn't have been a debate. Whatta dork I am. Later note: I did this same kind of calculation for ground bison, and came to the conclusion that for 79cents/meal additional cost, it's totally worth it.

Another pleasant walk to Saint Charles Ave. OMG, are they ever going to get the street car tracks done? In the amount of time they've taken on an about five block stretch, any business with a profit motive would have been able to build a fucking planned community.

I drank a diet soda today. It was kind of icky, but the vodka improved it.

How I imagine the one percenters:

I watched a movie about the Chicago 8 today. It made me so sad.

Sea turtles are kind of cool: Loggerheads return to ocean at Tour de Turtles event

Bad luck - Asteroid Timing Erased the Dinosaurs? Apparently, dinosaurs were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. A little bit of better luck, and maybe they'd be living now. Of course we'd grain feed them, destroy their will and quality of life, and sell them as McDinoburgers, so it's probably just as well. Or maybe this happened:

Things that make me smile:

Best wedding ever! Not.

Maybe the worst way ever to find out Dad's stepping out on Mom with a guy.

Peace, love, and chicken with cherry compound butter,
                            J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Holy Hera!!! I love autocorrect

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                                Bad luck - Asteroid Timing Erased the Dinosaurs? Apparently, dinosaurs were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. A little bit of better luck, and maybe they'd be living now. Of course we'd grain feed them, destroy their will and quality of life, and sell them as McDinoburgers, so it's probably just as well. Or maybe this happened:
                                A pterodactyl wing from KFC would be interesting an' all....I thought that monkeycake was one of the better efforts....

Holy Hera!!! I love autocorrect
                                That made me chuckle a tad, what a beauty!

Hope today goes well V.

Comment

Working...
                                X