B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    I knew there was a reason why I married an Aussie.
    *chuckle*

Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
    The last three pages are making me alternatively laugh and cry. Australian Kiss...Glasgow Kiss...claims to be adopted, WTF? Not diagnosing a child with CF?!?!?!? Receptionists telling people it's okay to exercise? Maybe I should go live in a cave.
    I feel like that today, also. Maybe I'll go ahead and post an entry.

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    I have just quizzed my (female, Aussie) co-workers about 'Australian kisses'. They were unaware of the expression.

I also sent it to husband with the subject line 'miss you'. Luckily, he reports, small boy was not in the room when he checked his, er, hotmail.
    LOL - that would have led to a lot of uncomfortable questions, no doubt.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    holyhell I need an Aussie girlfriend! lol
    That's one way to look at it.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I have a sense of malaise today. Everything is bugging me more than it should. All the pics I lost and my journal, when my computer crashed. sigh... Logically, it's so silly. Like everyone, my life is filled with loss. From something as silly and material as the statue my grandmother gave me that was broken accidentally by a roommate to losing actual people, whether they left me at the ripe old age of 86 or the far too young age of 28. Everyone suffers loss. And this is even my fault for not doing backups, and I'm usually mostly kinda good about accepting that I screwed up.

It's hot and humid out, so I'm in. Now you would think that a woman who was indoors with a hurt foot and no laptop would be ecstatic that she was no longer in pain, and could at least watch TV for entertainment. But no, I'm being a whiney b*tch. Ack.

My mother used to say that Joni (how she spelled it) was the kind of kid who you could tell her that the world was falling apart, and she'd go about her business like nothing was happening. The she/I would do something silly like bang my toe on a piece of furniture and start wailing like the burden of everyone was on my shoulders.

I'm angry at everything. Big picture and those things specific to just me. I'm angry at politicians, corporations, disease, rich people, poor people, people who won't stand up for what's right even if I disagree with them, bullies, bad parents, abusive parents and spouses - really, I'm angry at everyone, including myself. I'm angry at my mother whose death could have been postponed if only she'd only had the strength to take care of herself. I miss her idiot savant wisdom sometimes.

Enough. I'll stop. Because you know how it is. If I start screaming, I may never stop.

Idea for supper. Normally, I bake salmon because I've been buying these whole fishes. And I usually like it over well-buttered rice with a splash of lemon or lime juice. But I love poached salmon. So, I think since I have fillets, I'm going to poach one. Then, instead of just buttered rice, I think I'll butter it, add some curry powder and ground ginger, and some cantaloupe pieces and cherries. I know RR uses fruit over her salmon, and she's not the only one, so I think I'll try that.

Please forgive me for the pity party above. I'll take a half a trazadone and I'm sure it will all be fine in 15 or 20 minutes.

Oh and the salmon came out great over that rice.

Peace, love, and curried rice with cherries,
      J
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        A Glaswegian kiss is a headbutt. I have been known to headbutt people in my younger days.
        Really BG, I thought you were so demure!!

Liked this quote from the Urban dictionary, fluent Glaswegian;
        Ahm gonna gee yeh a glesga kiss
        Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        I was thinking something like this:

Now that looks better than the Glaswegian variety....

holyhell I need an Aussie girlfriend! lol
        Lol, you and me both my man!

I have a sense of malaise today. Everything is bugging me more than it should. All the pics I lost and my journal, when my computer crashed. sigh...
        On a rare serious note, that's the main reason I bought an external hard drive and backed all my shit up, my PC died in the arse and I thought I'd lost about 200GB of music and about 6 to 7GB of pics, luckily a mate who's in the computer game salvaged the drive somehow, losing the pics wouldhave been a bummer, so I know how it feels, having been there, albeit nearly, I recommend a back up, just in case like!
        Last edited by Dhansakdave; 07-23-2014, 01:21 AM. Reason: Spaces

Comment

• I love you, lassie. That is pretty much all of it.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            Really BG, I thought you were so demure!!

Liked this quote from the Urban dictionary, fluent Glaswegian;

Now that looks better than the Glaswegian variety....

Lol, you and me both my man!

On a rare serious note, that's the main reason I bought an external hard drive and backed all my shit up, my PC died in the arse and I thought I'd lost about 200GB of music and about 6 to 7GB of pics, luckily a mate who's in the computer game salvaged the drive somehow, losing the pics wouldhave been a bummer, so I know how it feels, having been there, albeit nearly, I recommend a back up, just in case like!
            I've learned my lesson. And I'm back to smiling today. <--- me smiling in mah cool shades

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
            I love you, lassie. That is pretty much all of it.
            Back atcha baby, and thank you.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• How can so much of 2014 already be gone?

Okay, let's see if I can post this. The board's been weird on and off for me today. Anyone else?

I haven't studied or read any Buddhism in a few years, but from what I remember, all pain is caused by desire. So, in this specifc case, you say, "screw it; it's only pics." A little harder to do is to say, "Screw it, it's only two years worth of words," but it can be done. And voila! I'm in a better mood. Though I won't deny that trazadone and coffee with butter helped somewhat. I'm not tossing the old laptop into the trash, and I may try to find someone who can see if my stuff can be gotten to, but it's done. C'est la freakin' vie. *chuckle*

Chicken chips. This works better with chicken I've cooked in a pressure cooker than with rotisseried chicken. The pressure cooker isn't going to brown the skin, so I did an experiment for a chip type thing. I cut the skin into pieces a little larger than I'd want the chips ('cuz they're going to shrink). Then simply put them in a dry pan on a medium high heat. I salted them while they were cooking, and turned them once. When they get almost to all brown, turn off the heat, and take them out of the pan with a slotted spoon or tongs, and put them on some paper towels. This may be hard to believe, but these to me were so much better than pork rinds. And yeah, PUFA, whatever.

Elegant post: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1517308 I like a person who gets to the point. I seem to ramble too often.

I'm in a weird food zone today. I only feel like eating butter and cheese, though as the sun sets (it doesn't really, we kind of rise), I am feeling like a little fruit. I mean I feel like eating a little fruit. (Who you callin' a little fruit?)

Did you all know that there's a Kirkland brand silver tequila? I bought some and it's got to be Lunazul but with Costco's label. It's just got to be. Later: I googled it, and it's not Lunazul. Hey, ya know, I'm spitting distance to senior citizenville, I smoked from age 15-30 and age 40-50, so my taste buds are fried. I consider myself lucky to be able to taste at all. LOL

Looks like it's going to be another hot and humid day tomorrow. Maybe I'll take the time to get some more silly pics for you all. My journal feels naked without them.

Peace, love, and chicken chips,
              J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Yup board has been weird today.
                Female 55
                Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
                Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Mmmm. Chicken chips. <drool>
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                    Elegant post: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1517308 I like a person who gets to the point. I seem to ramble too often.
                    Lol, yup, no beating round the bush there was there....

Looks like it's going to be another hot and humid day tomorrow. Maybe I'll take the time to get some more silly pics for you all. My journal feels naked without them.
                    Hurrah, we miss silly pics....

Comment

Okay, let's see if I can post this. The board's been weird on and off for me today. Anyone else?

I haven't studied or read any Buddhism in a few years, but from what I remember, all pain is caused by desire. So, in this specifc case, you say, "screw it; it's only pics." A little harder to do is to say, "Screw it, it's only two years worth of words," but it can be done. And voila! I'm in a better mood. Though I won't deny that trazadone and coffee with butter helped somewhat. I'm not tossing the old laptop into the trash, and I may try to find someone who can see if my stuff can be gotten to, but it's done. C'est la freakin' vie. *chuckle*

Chicken chips. This works better with chicken I've cooked in a pressure cooker than with rotisseried chicken. The pressure cooker isn't going to brown the skin, so I did an experiment for a chip type thing. I cut the skin into pieces a little larger than I'd want the chips ('cuz they're going to shrink). Then simply put them in a dry pan on a medium high heat. I salted them while they were cooking, and turned them once. When they get almost to all brown, turn off the heat, and take them out of the pan with a slotted spoon or tongs, and put them on some paper towels. This may be hard to believe, but these to me were so much better than pork rinds. And yeah, PUFA, whatever.

I'm in a weird food zone today. I only feel like eating butter and cheese, though as the sun sets (it doesn't really, we kind of rise), I am feeling like a little fruit. I mean I feel like eating a little fruit. (Who you callin' a little fruit?)

Did you all know that there's a Kirkland brand silver tequila? I bought some and it's got to be Lunazul but with Costco's label. It's just got to be. Later: I googled it, and it's not Lunazul. Hey, ya know, I'm spitting distance to senior citizenville, I smoked from age 15-30 and age 40-50, so my taste buds are fried. I consider myself lucky to be able to taste at all. LOL

Peace, love, and chicken chips,
                      J
                      What was that about naked pics???? I dernt think they allow those in here....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                        Yup board has been weird today.
                        Glad to know it wasn't only me. I keep thinking this computer is going to crash. PCCS - post computer crash syndrome.

Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                        Mmmm. Chicken chips. <drool>
                        Right? Now I just have to find a source of pastured chicken skin. haha

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                        Lol, yup, no beating round the bush there was there....

Hurrah, we miss silly pics....
                        I snatched a few off the web in the wee hours; I'll post a couple later.

What was that about naked pics???? I dernt think they allow those in here....
                        Only if you're ostensibly (and naively, I might add) showing off your squat-perfected bootay.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• *delurking* Oh, yes please! More silly pics!!
                          Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

• Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
                            *delurking* Oh, yes please! More silly pics!!
                            Gotcha covered.

B*tch-lite

Comment

• For yesterday because today hasn't much happened yet.

Good morning! I think my body clock is switching again. Fell asleep around 10pm and woke about 530am. Like a normal person! (Whatever that is.)

First, V, if you're out there, and you feel well enough to keyboard, come say hi so we can all hug you, okay?

I seem to be in some summer rut. I'm sending any writing vibes I do have to badgergirl so that she may regale us with her tales.

Last night's supper ended up being a lot like many summer meals. While I'm roasting a chicken, I think of things to go with it. Cantaloupe + cherries + salsa, roughly chopped in the food processor, then heated up with some butter?? The olive oil, egg, butter "sauce" I created when, once again I failed at mayo? Spicy tomato sauce? Maybe some squash on the side?

Then I taste the chicken, and think that heck, it's perfect the way it is. Put a bunch in a bowl and dump some of the pan juices on it. And that's it - chicken with a side of chicken. This could be one reason I do low carb fairly effortlessly.

Delving into the deep, philosophical portions of our natures:

Though it's a bit late in the month:

Nailed it for Independence Day!

A lovely addition to Easter Brunch.

One person's take on corn dogs. (yikes)

Peace, love, and food network,
                              J

B*tch-lite

Comment

Good morning! I think my body clock is switching again. Fell asleep around 10pm and woke about 530am. Like a normal person! (Whatever that is.)

Peace, love, and food network,
                                J
                                If you find out what normal is, let us know....

That cakes a winner....Umm, think I can give they corn dogs away and note to self *must watch more food network*....

Comment

Working...
                                X