No announcement yet.

B*tchapalooza 2013

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR, I can't remember what the method is called... People with an abundance of canning jars will put a smaller jar into the one in which their doing the fermenting to hold the product below the liquid.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Burning question

Thursday, July 03, 2014

I have a question. Seriously, I’ve asked it in the main forums and never got an answer, so I’ll ask it here. And if you have an answer, please dumb it down for me because once people start explaining complex biological processes like a text book – well, let’s just say, I did end up becoming an accountant instead of going to veterinary school.

In this post: Vegans Are Cannibals: The Truth Behind The “New Vegan High” , J. Stanton explains why vegans feel so good when they first switch. And that is because ultimately, they are eating one of the best fattiest diets of all – they’re own excess body-fat. Once that’s no longer available, most vegans experience sub-par health.

And when people diet using low calorie methods, the excess body fat doesn’t go to some magic storage unit in heaven, it’s used for energy and other functions, so we slim down on restricted calories whether it’s ultimately a good way to do it or not.

Okay, so why is it that people seem to believe that you can’t build muscle on restricted calories? IOW, let’s say we have a 250 pound man who wants to be 185 pound buffed guy. He restricts calories to use up the fat on his body as energy. Why is it that that same fat can’t be used as fuel to build muscle? The man in this example has 65 pounds of fat that needs to be converted into energy. Shouldn’t he be able to build muscle until he’s down to a very low percentage of body fat? And at that time, yes, I understand he’d have to increase his calories to above maintenance to gain more muscle.

Anyway, thanks in advance to anyone who can shed light on that for me.

Being goofy:

CW

Hon? Could you stop by Bunghole on the way home?

People who continue to insult the beloved hamburger are on my list!

C’mon, now you’re not even trying!

Wishing everyone a

Happy Independence Day!

And to all who are serving or have served, a big Thank you!

Peace, love, and bungholes,
      J
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• The sciency stuff: from what I can tell, when on a restricted diet, the body is still aware that energy sources are limited. Therefore, it won't be likely to expend the amount of energy necessary to bulk up while circumstances promote a lower metabolic rate. For example, because if you know me at all you know I love my analogies, say you have a leaky roof (regular repairs to body tissues or from working out). You also just took a big pay cut. Are you more likely to build a whole new, stronger roof, or patch what needs fixing cheaply now, pinch in other ways (use stored body fat) and save for future emergencies (slowed metabolism) or until you can get some more money?

Obviously your body is not an accountant and I'm not a biologist, so this analogy could be totally false!

Enjoy the party tonight everybody! Just remember, alcohol is combustible and so are you!

Comment

• I'll have stab at an answer, not sure if I'm correct mind, but simple as possible, I'd say that the body needs protien to build muscle, and fat hasn't got the right aminos and stuff for muscle promotion, and it's difficult, but not impossible mind to build muscle whilst in a calorie deficit as your body cannabalises every calorie it can which don't leave anything for muscle growth (I aint no Alfred Nobel mind)!!

That cupcake is priceless and I'm glad the spelling on that bunghole place is liquours and not, well you know....

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
            The sciency stuff: from what I can tell, when on a restricted diet, the body is still aware that energy sources are limited. Therefore, it won't be likely to expend the amount of energy necessary to bulk up while circumstances promote a lower metabolic rate. For example, because if you know me at all you know I love my analogies, say you have a leaky roof (regular repairs to body tissues or from working out). You also just took a big pay cut. Are you more likely to build a whole new, stronger roof, or patch what needs fixing cheaply now, pinch in other ways (use stored body fat) and save for future emergencies (slowed metabolism) or until you can get some more money?

Obviously your body is not an accountant and I'm not a biologist, so this analogy could be totally false!

Enjoy the party tonight everybody! Just remember, alcohol is combustible and so are you!
            Thank you! I think coupled with Dave's explanation, that makes sense.

I love me those holidays that combine alcohol with driving home! Makes me feel so safe and patriotic. I'll be splitting a cab to and from the fireworks with a neighbor. It's walking distance, but no matter how you go from here, you pass through a sketchy neighborhood.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
            I'll have stab at an answer, not sure if I'm correct mind, but simple as possible, I'd say that the body needs protien to build muscle, and fat hasn't got the right aminos and stuff for muscle promotion, and it's difficult, but not impossible mind to build muscle whilst in a calorie deficit as your body cannabalises every calorie it can which don't leave anything for muscle growth (I aint no Alfred Nobel mind)!!

That cupcake is priceless and I'm glad the spelling on that bunghole place is liquours and not, well you know....
            Thank you also! My brain was sort of thinking, "energy is energy."

I think in the South we spell both as "likkers."

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Happy 4th J.... stay away from bunghole lickers!..... bunghole likers is a totally different thing.... those folks love to empty whiskey barrels.... and if you don't empty the barrel, ya can't put it in the jar....

Comment

• Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                Goldie, glad to hear you got sauerkraut to work. Do you brine, or just use salt and let the fluid develop?
                I tried using salt but got too impatient, so I use Body Ecology starter culture. I've also fermented other veg with it. Fermented sweet peppers are wonderful, too!

Comment

• Originally posted by RittenRemedy View Post
                  Do you use special equipment for your kraut? I tried to make some once and could not for the life of me keep the cabbage submerged. So after two weeks it was growing a rather impressive spider web like colony of multi colored mold. Very pretty, but needless to say, unconsumable.
                  RR, I use a fido jar and I keep one large cabbage leaf and press it down on the kraut. (Fido jars are the ones with a rubber seal and a wire clamp lock-down glass lid.)

There's a scientific study done by Lea Harris, the final results of the different jars she tried is here: Sauerkraut Survivor – Final Report | Nourishing Treasures

She reports that the cabbage leaf w/ jar to hold it down didn't work, but I used the cabbage leaf in the fido jar and it worked great. The leaf itself got a little, ah, icky around the edges, but that didn't affect the kraut at all. I also used starter culture and I think Lea just did the salt brine method. I just can't wait 4-6 weeks for my kraut to be ready... using a starter culture, my kraut is ready in a week, and gets better with time.

I've also used the air-lock fermenting jars and those work good, too! I have clay half-circles to keep the veg submerged. Great recipes, supplies, and info articles here: Cultures for Health
                  Last edited by Goldie; 07-04-2014, 11:52 AM. Reason: Added more info!

Comment

• Yay thanks Goldie!

Comment

• Great links - thank you, Goldie!

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Fourth of July post a day late

In this space, I had written a whole long thing I needed to get off my chest because a 69 year old friend of mine has gone practically vegan. But just writing it helped, and it would mostly be boring to others, so I'll just post the pics for yesterday.

Because lately, babies dressed as food make me go, “Awww…”

How accomodating!

I only bought six.
                        I went away for a month.
                        I came home to this.

So much wrong in one little package.

Peace, love, and scary gnome haiku,
                        J

B*tch-lite

Comment

• Hey J, where you be?

Comment

• indeed. I'm missing you.
                            I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• thirded that sentement... J, Whisky Tango Foxtrot.... where you at girliee?

Comment

• did you go on another vacation?
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X